RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Well that's an easy way to handle off the players concerns.

When i buy a car and the brakes do not work, i contact the company which built the car, not the one which made the brakes.

So the DayZ team should read these posts (and im aware of not beeing the only one complaining here) and work on pressuring BattlEye or switch to another Anti-Hack-Tool since this is obviously not doing what it should. I play this game since 2 months and it's still the same problem. So this does (or at least should) affect Bohemia, cause DayZ is their product.

Of course it is, but you might be blowing it out of proportion. BE is doing a great job and many complaints being filed are mostly desync / people not dieing, etc. It is very hard to work with the existing reports, but countermeasures are being done.

• Like 1

So I contacted the BattlEye support.

"(..) We are doing what we can, but you have to understand that we cannot fix inherent weaknesses/holes in the game engine.(..)"

May this now be Bohemias problem? Or should i search for the employee who wrote the exploited code in the engine?

This is hilarious. You're just pointing at each other and the players have to bear it. I understand it's an Alpha version but again: work on running the game safe before you spam the content becaus that is what lage parts of the community wants you to do.

And update something like "we improved this and that to minimalize hacking" not draw the curtain over the posts by merging them and pointing at me like "better inform yourself before you post".

FYI, I am the person that responded to you.

Again, I can only assure that we are doing everything we can and what I told you is the truth. Contrary to popular belief we (BE) care a lot. Rest assured that BE is constantly evolving as well.

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 3

I stopped playing DayZ about 2 month ago when infinite ammo became common and it really saddens me to see that its still not fixed even if the BE guy said they fixed it ( last site ) and blaming it on Bohemia`s engine when proven wrong. Just check the usual DayZ YouTubers or Streamers and you see in every 2nd vid someone who is hacking.

I dont know how much money BE gets from Bohemia for their service but at the current state is clearly too much. I would love to help you test and optimize your game Bohemia and die on ladders, stairs and to wall glitching Z`s but its not fun to be the entertaining factor for some 12 year old squeekers running around with speedhack, infinite ammo and the hack that puts your gun on the back as soon as they close to you.

You will having a hard time getting this game finished and played when you not taking actions against these morons either by giving the community the option and tools to ban hackers themself from the servers aka give us private hives or you need to put more pressure on BE to get their act together.

Currently you losing those players who love this game and would stay for a long run and you gaining only those that wanna destroy it and will leave as soon as they get bored.

Did you do some research (other than watching YouTube videos) before making these claims?

No excuses or anything, but it's funny no one ever attacks the almighty VAC in here. Oh yes, contrary to popular belief/knowledge (again) that one is being used in DayZ as well.

Did you do some research (other than watching YouTube videos) before making these claims?

No excuses or anything, but it's funny no one ever attacks the almighty VAC in here. Oh yes, contrary to popular belief/knowledge (again) that one is being used in DayZ as well.

VAC is on the same boat with you, sorry if I missed them out. So its even more sad that both of you cant get rid of the easiest and most common hack ( inifinate ammo ) after month.

And for doing research: I played this game till 2 month ago about 4-6 hours a day, since then I reduced it to maybe 30min twice a week... thats how long it last till I either face an hacker or hear them shoting without reloading for ages ( if you sit in some bush far away from the east it might take longer ). The research is done by every legit player loggin in on a regular basis and YouTube was only mentioned if you havent faced this stuff yourself.

Sorry if I pissed you in your cereals just before you go in your well deserved weekend...

Edited by GrumpyFragger
  • Like 1

Just came up with a great idea. Everyone who doesnt like to see this game to be hacked to death, lets get those hacks installed and use them against real hackers !

Oh wait ...? What did I just..

Never mind..

Edited by Nienko

VAC is on the same boat with you, sorry if I missed them out. So its even more sad that both of you cant get rid of the easiest and most common hack ( inifinate ammo ) after month.

Infinite ammo is something that the devs need to fix, not BE. BE cannot close engine exploits.

Edited by TSAndrey

Was just killed on stable by a guy who appeared out of thin air and I couldn't shoot him, my weapon just refused to fire and yes it was loaded, also couldn't look down the sights but could zoom in with RMB so it wasn't my mouse malfunctioning.

Was just killed on stable by a guy who appeared out of thin air and I couldn't shoot him, my weapon just refused to fire and yes it was loaded, also couldn't look down the sights but could zoom in with RMB so it wasn't my mouse malfunctioning.

Wow, so that one guy who killed all of our group where the same happened to us was really hacking as well...

I am kinda growing tired of this shit to be honest. It's bad enough as it is with all the people glitching their equipment/duping it for their friends so they have all the rare loot they want (just take a look at the official steam screenshot page, people boasting there with their duped equipment not feeling the slightest bit of shame) while legit players like me or my group have to equip ourselves on our own. If that would not be enough, I have it happened 5 times the last few times I played DayZ where equipment simply vanished from my backpack. That new Long Range Scope for my friend who plays the spooter? Just went poof, I hope you have fun with it, hacker. First drum magazine I found in the game and was happy to test it out on an AKM? Gone within 5 Minutes without even looking in my inventory.

At this point I wonder why I even bother to start up the game when there is so much unfair stuff around. The bugs I can deal with, it's an Alpha after all. But people ruining the game with unfair methods? No point in even playing anymore.

Tbh, I dont care how someone names his server if he plays after the rules set by Bohemia.

And if this is a server were the Admin has his own whitelist and kicks all unknowns to provide a certain group hack free gameplay... kudos to him.

Huh?

Want your cake and eat it then?

Huh?

Want your cake and eat it then?

Why ? I had my best time on a 4 server privat hive ( with whitelisting process ) while I was playing the mod. The few hackers that made it through the register process were weeded out within hours after they made use of any kind of hack as the admins cared and had the ability to look at the server logs and replays.

Currently its highly frustrating for your legit players who wanna support you in testing and what not that there are no privat hives allowed , it also would take alot of pressure of your anti-hack partners and would drop the hacker numbers by a huge margin when they have to register on every hive just to get banned of the hive after a few hours.

Why ?

Because the two quotes are mutually exclusive. You cannot play by the rules and at the same time, kick all unknowns. It doesn't make sense.

I had my best time on a 4 server privat hive ( with whitelisting process ) while I was playing the mod. The few hackers that made it through the register process were weeded out within hours after they made use of any kind of hack as the admins cared and had the ability to look at the server logs and replays.

Currently its highly frustrating for your legit players who wanna support you in testing and what not that there are no privat hives allowed , it also would take alot of pressure of your anti-hack partners and would drop the hacker numbers by a huge margin when they have to register on every hive just to get banned of the hive after a few hours.

I agree that private hives are the way to go, they just aren't available yet. Planned, though.

The problem is, they want to keep the up-to-date server files close to their chest, releasing those to the public would mean trouble, until they are prepared.

Also after.

Because the two quotes are mutually exclusive. You cannot play by the rules and at the same time, kick all unknowns. It doesn't make sense.

Under the current rules you are right but the ammount of Servers that "promote" the "Instant Kick for unknowns" or "Only PVE, if you PVP = kick" shows me that there seem not much enforcement of said renting rules...

On the 04/07/2014 me and my friends where playing on the server "DayZ UK 5/104 HostedByTheGamingDulex.com" and we where sniping over other Berezino in the appartments/flats. While we where doing this, we encountered a person that some how seemed to be able to talk in global chat. We could confirm this as we where all apart from each other and we all heard this dude very load through our headsets. He started to babble about 9/11 stuff and the government was behind it. After about 5 mins of trying to find this dude but we couldn't, I think everybody in the server heard music being played through their headsets. After this, the dude we found was saying out loud where we were in Berezino and our gear ect. It finally ended in us being done for combat logging as a mass amount of bullets and explosions went off in the city. I took a screenshot of the player list at the time so someone on that list was the "Hacker" I cannot solidly confirm this as a hacker but it lines up to being a hacker.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=281100306
My friends & me: Nocho 2.0, Mitch, Flares, Bradley

On the 04/07/2014 me and my friends where playing on the server "DayZ UK 5/104 HostedByTheGamingDulex.com" and we where sniping over other Berezino in the appartments/flats. While we where doing this, we encountered a person that some how seemed to be able to talk in global chat. We could confirm this as we where all apart from each other and we all heard this dude very load through our headsets. He started to babble about 9/11 stuff and the government was behind it. After about 5 mins of trying to find this dude but we couldn't, I think everybody in the server heard music being played through their headsets. After this, the dude we found was saying out loud where we were in Berezino and our gear ect. It finally ended in us being done for combat logging as a mass amount of bullets and explosions went off in the city. I took a screenshot of the player list at the time so someone on that list was the "Hacker" I cannot solidly confirm this as a hacker but it lines up to being a hacker.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=281100306

My friends & me: Nocho 2.0, Mitch, Flares, Bradley

Merged

Sorry if I pissed you in your cereals just before you go in your well deserved weekend...

Well, you will probably be surprised when I tell you that I work on weekends as well (no, no one forces me to do that - rather because my work is so abysmal I really don't deserve any weekend). Edited by BEdev-Sable

Well, you will probably be surprised when I tell you that I work on weekends as well (no, no one forces me to do that - rather because my work is so abysmal I really don't deserve any weekend).

Please stop being bitter because not all praise you and your work and by the way, the wish for a well deserved weekend was not ment to be a troll nor ironic or sarcastic.

Please stop being bitter because not all praise you and your work and by the way, the wish for a well deserved weekend was not ment to be a troll nor ironic or sarcastic.

I don't expect any praise, I simply expect no ungrounded hate, that's all.

If you are going to post nonsense about BE on these forums I might step in once in a while.

And another one. We made our tour around the NW airfield, being cautious. While we are almost round the airfield, I see the movement of someone travelling over the airfield in insane speed, like that turbo hack, player floating above ground. He went in a different direction, I instantly knew what this meant so we legged it. 5 Minutes walking with everyone checking our backs and all directions, we finally come to rest and stop to eat etc. What happens next? Ofcourse, me and another friend get shot instantly, 3rd friend legs it into the woods unnoticed. While the hacker was sitting at our corpses, my friend saw him teleporting back to the airfield, didnt even bother to loot the corpses.

Fuck these pathetic shits. Sorry for my language, but I love this game and hate it being ruined by assholes like this.

Edited by surf_polar

And another one. We made our tour around the NW airfield, being cautious. While we are almost round the airfield, I see the movement of someone travelling over the airfield in insane speed, like that turbo hack, player floating above ground. He went in a different direction, I instantly knew what this meant so we legged it. 5 Minutes walking with everyone checking our backs and all directions, we finally come to rest and stop to eat etc. What happens next? Ofcourse, me and another friend get shot instantly, 3rd friend legs it into the woods unnoticed. While the hacker was sitting at our corpses, my friend saw him teleporting back to the airfield, didnt even bother to loot the corpses.

Fuck these pathetic shits. Sorry for my language, but I love this game and hate it being ruined by assholes like this.

My friend and I were killed multiple times now when our weapons behaved strangely and other people teleporting and/or spotting us when we were well hidden in the woods. I don't call hacks unless I am 100% sure, there can be all kinds of coincidences and stuff. But this time I actually caught on video a guy appearing out of nowhere when other signs were also present, like my weapon unable to fire, so there is no doubt. The game is riddled with hackers. Every time I go to NWAF I encounter them. Hacking is worse now than it ever was in the mod, except maybe that time, right before private hives became dominant. Good work on that "server makes decisions" thing, devs.

If you can't stop hacks that is understandable, but please at least give us private hives where responsible admins can use whitelisting and kick/ban offenders.

Hacking is worse now than it ever was in the mod

No.

but please at least give us private hives where responsible admins

Stopped reading there.

PS.

Best thing Standalone do is actually getting rid of a*h* admins with admin powers of spawning loot and seeing all players.

I hope admins will never get any powers ever in Standalone.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

> but please at least give us private hives where responsible admins

Stopped reading there.

Yeah, because that was the last line of my post :)

Best thing Standalone do is actually getting rid of a*h* admins with admin powers of spawning loot and seeing all players.

I hope admins will never get any powers ever in Standalone.

I am talking about private hives, not connected to the public hive. You don't have to play on a server with bad admins. Find a good server and stick to it, that is what I do when I play the mod. I always play on the same private hive server where admins are active and deal with hackers promptly. No server hopping as a bonus. And those who want to deal with public hive's many issues are free to do so as well.

Yeah, because that was the last line of my post :)

I am talking about private hives, not connected to the public hive. You don't have to play on a server with bad admins. Find a good server and stick to it, that is what I do when I play the mod. I always play on the same private hive server where admins are active and deal with hackers promptly. No server hopping as a bonus. And those who want to deal with public hive's many issues are free to do so as well.

Corrupted badmins and servers with 500 helicopters, self blood bag, 1000 vechicles aside,

Sooner or later (but most likely sooner) private servers will start offering donator gear loadouts just like in DayZ mod and this is really bad for the game.

• Like 2

Corrupted badmins and servers with 500 helicopters, self blood bag, 1000 vechicles aside,

Sooner or later (but most likely sooner) private servers will start offering donator gear loadouts just like in DayZ mod and this is really bad for the game.

Just joined the conversation, but I have to agree.

Private hives ruined DayZ imo, I miss the days of having the same likelyhood of getting the same gear, on every server. Been playing for a long time, many of my fave. servers have been shut down since.

That' was another great thing about public hives, your data carried from one server to another. If the private I play on, by some miracle has no admin abuse, no hacking/glitching and no lagg, it may be shut down. Then I lose everything I did on that server.

And sometimes it takes hours or days to find out your server is corrupted. I remember spending three days on a server, making my base, getting my loot. North of Olsha I find an admin base, filled with RPG's etc.

• Like 1

At this point I wonder why I even bother to start up the game when there is so much unfair stuff around. The bugs I can deal with, it's an Alpha after all. But people ruining the game with unfair methods? No point in even playing anymore.

My thoughts exactly.  I stopped playing weeks ago, but I've been watching this post to see when/if things improve.  I was hoping version 46 would make the game playable again, but by all the recent posts it sounds like only the inventory steal hack has been fixed.  Is there a chance that a big ban is coming soon?  Or do we have to wait for version 47 to hopefully have one more of the many hacks fixed? 

I have only come across about 4 hackers, And that was when the game was in its 2nd month of release, Other than that I have come across no hackers for months.

However the Anti-Hack BE is a bit Dodgy, I was GLOBALLY BANNED for using Cheat Engine on another game which having DayZ open which I contacted BE Sending me back the usual "We do not ban for nothing, All bans have a reasoning behind them"

Edited by Rhaptic