RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I have ran across numerous people using hacks teleporting seeing at night inside buildings ecen blantely admitting to it. Is their something we can do about this if we have their guid's? I know its beta, but if someone buys into the game these type of people will affect the bottom line of the company. I would love to find out how we can combat these people, also i can get video and i know streamers that can get video also of these peope! 

Server hopping, and Gamma + Brightness abuse

• Like 1

Server hopping, and Gamma + Brightness abuse

Lest we forget how crappy BE is....

I'm pretty sure I know what you mean, the only problem is that those scripts cannot really be used without an additional hack. So what you find on such sites is pretty much useless for the average cheater. Either way, please send me your findings (via PM).

I understand your frustration, but I can only assure you that BE bans most cheaters quite quickly. Also, due to shitty BE many popular private hacks are completely down or unusable at the moment. This doesn't happen that often in other games.

I tried PMing, but was greeted with a message telling me you can not receive any more messages. Basically, like you stated, most big-name site's hacks are currently down, but there are a few I found still claiming to be undetected, and I did find a lot of script executors publicly available (legitimacy unknown for I have not tested and do not plan on testing) at various places. However, during this period that these sites are down, I seem to be experiencing more hackers than usual.

I tried PMing, but was greeted with a message telling me you can not receive any more messages. Basically, like you stated, most big-name site's hacks are currently down, but there are a few I found still claiming to be undetected, and I did find a lot of script executors publicly available (legitimacy unknown for I have not tested and do not plan on testing) at various places. However, during this period that these sites are down, I seem to be experiencing more hackers than usual.

Yes, tried to send a pm last night about something I did not want to post for everyone to read, you currently cannot get those for whatever reason. BTW, I cannot claim to have died to a cheater in the last weeks, but people hiding in walls and unaccessable rooms is getting out of hand, especially in prisons - actually don't know if that is even done somewhere else. Even people without weapons use that now to hide from others, when they hear you. It's getting kind of dumb to even go to prisons in my opinion.

Edited by bautschi

Sorry, please try again now.

Lest we forget how crappy BE is....

Ohh so thats why they banned more then 150.000 cheaters?

Because thats what crappy AC do, ban thousands of people for cheating....

Get your facts straight before posting such nonsense, BE is a good tool for the RV engine and its very effective.

The reason it felt "crappy" in Arma II, is because of the "sloppy" job BI made on the cd-keys, which made them incredible easy to steal.

That is not the case in either Arma III and DayZ, because there are no CD-keys, its all tyed to your steam information, and they share BE bans aswell.

If you use BE the right way (set up the correct filters) it will log 100% of whats happening and catch almost all of the cheaters.

• Like 3

Ohh so thats why they banned more then 150.000 cheaters?

Because thats what crappy AC do, ban thousands of people for cheating....

Get your facts straight before posting such nonsense, BE is a good tool for the RV engine and its very effective.

The reason it felt "crappy" in Arma II, is because of the "sloppy" job BI made on the cd-keys, which made them incredible easy to steal.

That is not the case in either Arma III and DayZ, because there are no CD-keys, its all tyed to your steam information, and they share BE bans aswell.

If you use BE the right way (set up the correct filters) it will log 100% of whats happening and catch almost all of the cheaters.

You do realize how easy it is to bypass it right?  A good anti cheat prevents cheaters, it doesn't go on a ban wave after they have already done their damage. And now instead of stealing only the key to the game, they are now stealing entire steam accounts.  BE is garbage.  I can literally go to my AppData folder right now, delete BE, and run Kill-all scripts before It has time to update and compute my GUID.  Its literally that simple.

• Like 1

You do realize how easy it is to bypass it right?  A good anti cheat prevents cheaters, it doesn't go on a ban wave after they have already done their damage. And now instead of stealing only the key to the game, they are now stealing entire steam accounts.  BE is garbage.  I can literally go to my AppData folder right now, delete BE, and run Kill-all scripts before It has time to update and compute my GUID.  Its literally that simple.

Wow, what a bunch of random made up facts and lies in 1 post.

1. No anti-cheat can prevent anything, that's the engines job. Anti-cheats CAN ONLY ban after the "damage" has been done

2. BE is not garbage

3. No, you cannot

Edited by TSAndrey

Wow, what a bunch of random made up facts and lies in 1 post.

1. No anti-cheat can prevent anything, that's the engines job. Anti-cheats CAN ONLY ban after the "damage" has been done

2. BE is not garbage

3. No, you cannot

1. Then why is infinistars anti cheat preventing cheaters before they happen?

2. Yes it is.

3. You obviously haven't tried it, or you would find out it is literally that easy.  Ill make you a nice tutorial if you wish.

• Like 1

Sorry that i don't have a video for the following story, so you just have to believe me, or just don't. I didn't think there were hackers in SA until i just met one. There were some people in the community claiming that they were killed by hackers and shared videos about those incidents; but all the events in those videos seemed like desync, lag or glitch to me. So listen to my story:

Me and my friend joined a server, spawned around the big factory in Berezino. We were just standing near a wall and watching around with 3rd person camera. Then after 15-20 seconds, I realized that there was a guy with a pistol, watching us on the other side of the wall, we were standing like face to face with him. So he started threatening us and warned us many times to drop our weapons. We just laughed, didn't take him seriously. Then I decided to flank him, but after a few seconds i started walking, he disappeared instantly, and BAM! I was dead, didn't even see him but heard 1 pistol shot. My friend also died after a while, but he said that he saw him like he was teleporting before he was dead.

I don't know, that didn't seem like a glitch to me, I think that was just HACK. First of all, he found us after a few seconds we joined the server in a position where we couldn't kill him but see each other easily, and he was talking like he was sure that he could kill us if he wanted. And as I said, he just disappeared instantly when he was standing still, it was not like he was moving or jumping to try glitching.

Edited by lolwat

Maybe he had a jetpack and flew into the air? Just because you were outsmarted by more skilled player doesn't mean he was hacking.

its hard to prevent something that hasnt been written yet. Thats how hacks works, they write a code, get caught and then improve or re-write the code.

As far as steam account goes, its not that easy to steal and its not BE or BI's issue tbh, its Valve's issue and you would be naive, if you think they arent working on improvement, in all areas of steam, all the time.

You dont understand that deleting your own BE.dll does not affect the servers BE software, or the logging of events. The only thing you will accomplish with this removal is getting brief acces to BE protected servers, if you are banned, or the ability to run a hack, which will be detected and logged by the servers BE filters.

I doubt the filters have changed much from Arma II and Arma III, its still the same general concept, which means the filters are being tailored for DayZ, so in the end you will only be allowed to do exactly what the server tells you, or you will get automaticly kicked and logged by BE.

I worked alot with BE in both of the Arma games i mention, and its really effective, once you get the filters setup for a very specific purpose.

So basicly you start with loggin all events, then you start to "ban" the use of certain items, functions and what ever you like, and in the end you have a perfectly tailored filter, which wont allow the client's to do anything you dont want.

That was the problem in the mod, "stupid" admins who didnt update the filters and didnt understand the log outputs, so it was impossible to ensure complete safety of all servers. We dont have that problem in the SA, as the server files are under complete control, so both BI and BE will have a lot better chance of making it near perfect, in the end.

Battleye is not garbage, its proved its worth many many times.

Have some patience, it will take time to identify all the hacks and ban the suckers, but you have to admit the amount of hacking in DayZ standalone, is quite low.I have yet to meet a hacker ingame, and based on the amount of hacker posts, on the forums, they are quite rare.

• Like 2

1. Then why is infinistars anti cheat preventing cheaters before they happen?

Because it's nothing but a script combined with BE-based server-side filters (which is quite ironic in this context). Such anti-cheats cannot prevent most non-script hacks either.

2. Yes it is.

If BE is garbage I'm sure you will admit that VAC and PB are garbage as well?

3. You obviously haven't tried it, or you would find out it is literally that easy.  Ill make you a nice tutorial if you wish.

I'm not sure what your point is. Someone could as well just exploit the timeout kick to achieve the same. Due to such technical realities BE is garbage? Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 1

A good anti cheat prevents cheaters, it doesn't go on a ban wave after they have already done their damage.

In a way I agree with you, but unfortunately it's not that easy. Note that BE constantly evolves though and will continue to do so in the future.

And now instead of stealing only the key to the game, they are now stealing entire steam accounts.

Actually account theft is not a big problem. So no, there is no easy way to get around bans anymore.

What's with all these hackers running loose right now?

Guy with SKS starts chasing me down in NEAF, I got a mosin, So I run for it, he's shooting more than 10 sks ammo at a time without reloading, bang bang bang constantly, I run into the forest and do a long ass turn around in the forest and come out into the fields near the town cutting across to the other trees sudden the sks guy that I was so sure that I had lost appears out of no where and shoots me dead, I'm on the floor and he's still shooting more than 10 ammos of SKS at a time, maybe 40-50, Kind of like pointing out blatantly that he's hacking.

These things have recently started happening a lot this week, I was Watching 5hizzle DayZ stream and he's constantly pointing out the hackers with unlimited ammo and making it his mission to try and kill them.

Anyone else see an increase to this stuff lately?

Please don't delete this thread it serves a purpose even if the topic might not be in the best interests of DayZ.

Edited by blazed

When BattlEye isn't updated for several months, they eventually figure a way to get around it with much greater ease.

It usually right around the time they find out they are shit at the game.

another interesting m4 60 mag with more than 8k bullets from a guy I shot down. Emptied it, loaded it, only took 60 bullets, so I created a few stacks of 60 and threw the rest away. The m4 had everything including bipod and agog, absolutely pristine. But that can be collected, I guess.

Edited by bautschi

another interesting m4 60 mag with more than 8k bullets from a guy I shot down. Emptied it, loaded it, only took 60 bullets, so I created a few stacks of 60 and threw the rest away. The m4 had everything including bipod and agog, absolutely pristine. But that can be collected, I guess.

when you relog the ammo will be infinite again... i tried ditching the hacked stack after i picked one up and this happened to me. had to run to NE to get a stanag mag or some unhacked stack.

on a seperate note, i just got taken to almost 0 health by a guy in the apartments who was invisible or in the floor and walls. he was hitting me with melee but i coulnt see him. is this new? i have never experienced this one before, nor heard of anyone being able to get in the walls or be invisible in the apartments. super annoying. i keep reading sables posts saying that they are working on fixing this but it seems like more and more hackers are arriving every day. i wont say its unplayable but it is getting close.

Edited by hexrain

yeah, sadly not much has changed on the cheat protection front. the fact that the sa has such huge success attracted a crowd which unfortunately contained a lot of cheaters as well... while technically things have improved in theory over the mod the practical situation is worse because people are even more eager to cheat in the sa. i hope this will be adressed in the future as it is just ridiculous, however i believe that for now development is focusing on other stuff. cheating does not seem to a be a priority right now, however i do think that they will continue to add detection and ban people in huge waves (as has already happened in the past). 

what i would really like to see is private hives, white listing and more tools for admins for another layer of protection. yeah sure some admins might abuse that, but their servers just die out while the ppl who run good servers will attract the right people over time.

PS: its ridiculous that BE doesnt even check the file size!

Edited by Zyccy the Beast

when you relog the ammo will be infinite again... i tried ditching the hacked stack after i picked one up and this happened to me. had to run to NE to get a stanag mag or some unhacked stack.

Worked with me, had nice 60 round packs.

Please do not post videos about how to exploit. If you want to help, send them in a private message to , but do not post, so others are able to reproduce.