RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Do the "final solution", DayZ style.

Once a month, during development ofc, the ENTIRE database is reset.

I would welcome this so much.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

I have roughly 340 hours & have yet to see a single hacked mag.

I've had ONE encounter with someone that I was sure was hacking (& I consider every other possibility first before I even think about making such a claim) & even he didn't have a hacked mag. Only speed hack / looking through walls.

For what it's worth, I strictly play hardcore.

I have roughly 340 hours & have yet to see a single hacked mag.

I've had ONE encounter with someone that I was sure was hacking (& I consider every other possibility first before I even think about making such a claim) & even he didn't have a hacked mag. Only speed hack / looking through walls.

For what it's worth, I strictly play hardcore.

Haven't you met them invisible axe murderers yet?

Haven't you met them invisible axe murderers yet?

I can't say that I have, I have no proof.  :(

I've gotten the infamous random "You are dead" screen with no explanation but that's about it.

After a lot of frustration with this and the lack of progress of getting it fixed - is the item duping exploit simply fair game? Or is Battle Eye capable of noticing? The amount of times I've killed people while doing this or watched videos of people doing it or been killed and watched people do it right on top of my freshly warm corpse is beyond ridiculous. If it's "Christmas, game on!" that would be nice to know vs seeming like I eternally have a penalty on me vs what I know and have directly seen many others doing. I've not heard of nor seen a banwave for item duping so I'm assuming the exploit is fully supported and not at all detectable or banned yet. Is that the case or am I way off the mark? 

I mean, how else does a dude lay off 50+ grenades in Berezino over the course of maybe an hour? It's physically impossible, to my knowledge, without the item duping exploit. Le'ts have an honest discussion about this because nothing else is actually ruining the game at this point imo other than this.

Item dupers are the scum of the scum... and there's a lot of them out there. A lot. Beyond a lot, it's undeniably the largest issue in the game at this point.

Why would it be detectable, i mean someone goes unconciouse and leaves, then bets banned i can see alot of complaints if they tried, why not just fix instead, its too hard to detect dude.

... too hard to detect. This would be the worst coded game in history if that were true. Dean is a smart dude, it's not that, it must be something else. Either the scope of the problem isn't appreciated, or the foundation of the code needs weeks/months of refactor to fix, or it's a feature that we should all feel free to use. If it's a feature I want in but don't want to until I'm told otherwise because it seems shady as hell.

Crowbar

Being relevant since forever.

• Like 1

Well...it's not really BI/Dean that do battle eye.  And I'd say right now, it's not caught by BE because think of it this way, duping is a glitch, intentional or not.  Would you really wanna be banned for a glitch in an Alpha of a game?  Especially when we are encouraged to try and break the game (as well as report the breaks and how we made them)?

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 2

Well...it's not really BI/Dean that do battle eye.  And I'd say right now, it's not caught by BE because think of it this way, duping is a glitch, intentional or not.  Would you really wanna be banned for a glitch in an Alpha of a game?  Especially when we are encouraged to try and break the game (as well as report the breaks and how we made them)?

From what I've seen, somewhere between 25% and 50% of the base uses this. When i say rampant, I mean - rampant. It's not a hack, it's an exploit that anyone can do. Heck, how many times a week does someone post a funny story about it happening on accident? Most of the encounters I run into with agressives looking at their inventory it's obvious this is what's at play. The amount of Mosin/SKS amo some of these dudes have would take hours, HOURS of running around, and noone who's spent that much time scavaging would ever been that aggressive. They find one ammo pack in the back of a police car and maybe one other somewhere else and turn it into an entire backpack full. Even worse, the guys who set off grenades like it's 4th of July in the USA and they're literally endless? How do you think they're doing that? Rampant is a "polite" way to describe the issue.

From what I've seen, somewhere between 25% and 50% of the player base

Atleast.. I've seen group ranging from 4, up to 10. All wearing the exact same thing, exact same guns, exact same backpack layout.. The plus side is, most of them can't shoot worth shit, because they're too busy duping. Hope it gets fixed soon though, It's quiet annoying.

• Like 2

I'm not saying that duping isn't rampant, I'm just saying Battle Eye (which deals almost exclusively with hacks) isn't the way to go about dealing with glitches, finding how how they're done and patching them out is the way to do it.

Want to help make a difference?  Go to the bugtracker and Upvote glitches that dupe items, if you know how to do a few that aren't listed, put them in the Bug Tracker.  Other than that it's sit and wait.

*Edit*

And think of it this way, when the children have their duping ability taken away from them, you'll be running circles around them and getting killshots because you were practicing with a single box of ammo whereas they learned pray and spray.

Edited by BigMike

Want to help make a difference?  Go to the bugtracker and Upvote glitches that dupe items, if you know how to do a few that aren't listed, put them in the Bug Tracker.  

Done, a while ago actually.

• Like 2

Well the dupe is literally getting knocked out then logging, which in my opinion could easily be done without the intention of duping, and then if be banned someone for this, im guessing they would be very annoyed, be as said before is not the way to fix this.

You will never be banned for a glitch or exploit by BattleEye, they only ban scripters who try to inject their scripts or try to hack otherwise

i never needed duping, but i don't mind walking around hours in towns without meeting someone and just minding my own business...

i generally don't like it when people are duping, especially if it is weapons and ammo, might as well just go play counterstrike when they do that

they could just block people from logging in before their character session is over, that would fix the unconcious body dupe glitch instantly, but would take some time to set up i think

Edited by Zombo

I really ask myself, "WHY" - why are there some players, who use a cheap hack to play dayz?

If some of you hackers read my post here > DRIVE TO HELL AND EXPLODE!

YOU DESTROY THE FINEST GAME EXPIERIENCE FOR US - THANK YOU

I have no clue, what kind guys these hackers are, but I think they are 14 years cod-guys, who find dayz in the common way too difficult.

GET OUT OF MY SIGHT YOU BASTARDS!

Hacked mags are still in. Why can't they just do a character reset? Or are the unlimited mags being "hacked in" the game, thus character reset wouldn't be as useful?

i think the guys who uses these mags, will just create new mags.

I thought they fixed this issue with .45 but with .46 the fix is gone

I'm so pissed. 

A guy portet right in front of me and BLOCKED my entire interactions. He could even put away my weapon and killed me. 

Wtf.

1.First off, glitched anything or using any sort of glitch/cheat is against all game's ToS and their EULA. 

2.how is ammo so easily obtained if the place they spawn is bugged and not spawning?

1.You dont say?

2.So the m4 ammo doesnt spawn anymore? It was easily obtained uhm, a few weeks ago? 

As I said, glitched mags are not that much of a problem, since everything in this game is too easy to get, including weapons and ammo.

they could just block people from logging in before their character session is over, that would fix the unconcious body dupe glitch instantly, but would take some time to set up i think

Whenever that shit happens to me, my char does not vanish after some time. He stays there indefinitely. So I would have to wait until server restart or someone kills him - guess that would mean char reset then.

Whenever that shit happens to me, my char does not vanish after some time. He stays there indefinitely. So I would have to wait until server restart or someone kills him - guess that would mean char reset then.

then it seems they really need to fix the netcode^^

the normal arma 2 timeout is 100 sec, after not receiving any kind of message from the client, the session should get killed hard, no arguing with the server...

but the way it is now... i would rather have one or two char resets than people shitting over DayZ by duping everything they get their hands on...

Last night I joined one full (regular, stable version) russian server . In Berezino I spawned into one of the blocks of flats (close to Berezino police station, on the spot where I logged out during previous session). As I was looking out of the windows trying to hunt other players I heard a voice in local channel. A guy asked me, what I was doing in the house. I looked around, run to other rooms, nobody was there. The voice kept trying to talk to me (actually, not talking but spewing some russian obscenities). I told him to ... off. I heard a shot and a bullet hit me. He kept talking. I ran between the rooms trying to locate him and downstairs and the M4 shots kept following me from nowhere, eventually killing me.

Here. I am absolutely sure he was not in the house and I was not shot from outside. It seemed like he was invisible and at the same time able to shoot through the walls. My first suspicion is hacking. The second suspicion is that the guy was glitched somewhere enabling him to shoot me through walls and keeping an eye on me.

It was my first experience of this kind in DayZ in 240 hours of playing and I'm wondering how to deal with this shit in the future. Do you people often meet hacking in this game and how bad the situation is? Is the experimental 0.47 version less susceptible to being hacked?

was most likely a hacker considering it is Dayz and im going to pull the "Its still Alpha Card". but you get the point lots of people hack in DayZ as of now and it will be fixed in the future.

• Like 1

Hacking, this game has been hacked to shit for a long time now...they dont make mention of it because it is still one of the top selling games...I dont think they are going to be able to do much about it...They have said it isnt scripting so to me that means its a bigger issue than i thought it was...Here i thought it was just Script Kiddies running around invis and all that jazz....Guess not...hopefully they can figure something out but my faith has ran dry in terms of this....i play it when no one else is on for the other survival game we have migrated to.

Its a shame..because of these types of things and the lack of server tools for Server Admins....Alot of fellow server owners have decided to stop paying until they fix their shit.//Best of luck and happy hunting!

Edited by Goove
  • Like 1