RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-3qzZrtJaQ&feature=youtu.be  This is the reason why anti hacking really needs to be implemented. And if it is implemented, then it needs to be worked on extensively. I just happened to be recording at this time, but just 1 night before this me and my buddy encountered a teleporter and he knew exactly where we were the second we logged in. Yes i get that it's in alpha, but if that kind of stuff does not get addressed, it will kill the game for a lot of people. Including me. I was having a blast but after two nights in a row of some hacker just screwing me or my buddies over, I'm done for awhile. I won't be coming back to DayZ until I see some patches integrated to fix this kind of crap. I love the game, it is my favorite game that I have, but damn.

Ive played alot and never seen a hacker so i usually just think people are exaggerating , but that hack really, really sucks. That will be game breaking if it becomes common. Well done for recording it.  

Edited by YorkMorgan

Ive been running around Berezino helping new players. healed broken legs here and there, I keep numerous FNX's and ammo in cases to give to unarmed players..bandages ..canteens etc. 

Anyway so I felt really shitty when I walk up into room in the top floor of a building, pick up a box of .45 ammo ..start going down the stairs and ..my M4 puts itself away ... I hit the button on the hot bar ..no go ..wait ..,my hot bar is all white! its not even on my back! wait ..my pack is gone too! my 35 slot mountain pack! and my jacket!!!! 

my m4, my ammo box full of ammo, my vest! my last FNX45 with mag! 600 ROUNDS OF AMMO all of these I spawned with, they just DISSAPEARED once I started to make my way down the steps!

I log out, log back in ...Then some guy with an M4 kills me ..

Could he just have been stuck in a wall and looted me while I was standing still? can you loot living players? But there was no one around it seemed at all when all my stuff dissapeared! 

Is this a known hack or something? Really pissed ...everything ive gotten over the last 3 days is gone  :(

Welcome to the forums, Sadly that was a hack:

because information was bruteforced and stolen hackers can make different type of hacks, one of them is stealing loot. umad.

i only know a little bit of coding but do you have any evidence to connect the source code getting stolen and this new hack or is that just conjecture? It will be interesting to see if this hack is slipping under battle-eye detection or if all these new hackers get taken out in a big waveban.

Edited by YorkMorgan

Could it be related to spawning next to yourself? theres the bug when you load in, you spawn next to a copy of yourself and sometimes, that clone doesnt despawn or go away. Maybe someone found the clone and looted it?

You'll notice all these hack videos are for servers which are in 3PP lamecore, basically underlining that hackers and those not good enough to play the game properly have to result to hacks and 3PP.

Edited by kichilron

Do something against these cheaters....we have enough! We want steam name of the killers once we die! So we can recognize the account and report it! Now! ....Or i will cheat aswell, there are hundreds on video on youtube that shows how to do it and nothing happens. I got enough because the entertainment must not be only for the others, but also for me!  2 post in 1 day.

3 cheaters in few hours!

Edited by GunnyITA

So i was playing yesterday with some of my buddies, we were at the NEAF and having lots of fun, we were defending the atc tower and suddenly my gun dissapeared, then all my gear dissapeared, i knew it were hackers so i left the server in rage. When i lost all my gear i went to low populated servers for loot.

A couple hours later me and some other friends of me went to the airfield again, it was empty, so we went to krosnostav to loot some buildings and then we returned to the airfield, we went into a building and it was FULL of loot so me and my friends were looting al we could loot. When we were done we ran away but then my stuff dissapeared again and there was a black girl infront of me, with my gear infront of her, i picked it back but lost my pants, so i ran up to her and checked her pulse for her dayz name,

5uh7jq.jpg

shortly after he randomly broke my legs, stripped me off all my clothes and killed me.

these hackers are getting out of hand.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Merged.

Please use Spoilers for big pictures

Do something against these cheaters....we have enough! We want steam name of the killers once we die! So we can recognize the account and report it! Now! ....Or i will cheat aswell, there are hundreds on video on youtube that shows how to do it and nothing happens.

For a start knowing the steam name won't achieve anything, it also wouldn't help in the case of LDL (long distance looting).

Secondly stating that you will resort to cheating is just a really stupid thing to do. Essentially you are punishing those who play the game fairly rather than those cheating. 

at the moment, the game is unplayable, for me anyway. i like running into people, talking to them, offer them gear, but now, i died ,6 times today by a guy teleporting and spraying a m4 at me. each time a different hacker. it is a good game. i feel that even though the hackers make the game unplayable, people need to take into account that this is a early access alpha, and i suppose the devs are working on feature and ironing out bugs to have time to work on the hackers. most of the hackers, ive found, are 10-15 years old that got their hands on mummy and daddy's credit card. 

the hacks i know about are; speed hack, removing weapons from another persons inventory and placing in their own, teleport, glitch rooms (technically an exploit) ,spawning in gear, over sized ammo stacks and infinite mags. can anyone else add to this list?

Ive played alot and never seen a hacker so i usually just think people are exaggerating , but that hack really, really sucks. That will be game breaking if it becomes common. Well done for recording it.  

you must be lucky or playing on low pop servers, it happens all the time on European servers, they are the worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-3qzZrtJaQ&feature=youtu.be  This is the reason why anti hacking really needs to be implemented. And if it is implemented, then it needs to be worked on extensively. I just happened to be recording at this time, but just 1 night before this me and my buddy encountered a teleporter and he knew exactly where we were the second we logged in. Yes i get that it's in alpha, but if that kind of stuff does not get addressed, it will kill the game for a lot of people. Including me. I was having a blast but after two nights in a row of some hacker just screwing me or my buddies over, I'm done for awhile. I won't be coming back to DayZ until I see some patches integrated to fix this kind of crap. I love the game, it is my favorite game that I have, but damn.

Yep had this happen to me last night I'm quitting playing for now only to log in now and then to check new features each update maybe the hacking might die down abit when h1z1 comes since its going to be free who knows but its really spoiling the game for me atm.

FYI, we (BE and DayZ devs) are aware of the new item-stealing hack and hopefully a fix will be provided ASAP. Please note that while BE can detect known hacks, it cannot fix underlying issues in the engine that allow such exploits/hacks. I'm really sorry guys, I know how frustrating the situation is. :(

infinite ammo for example, I am sure 2 good coders working together could come up with a program that scans inventories when players join a server, if it sees infinite ammo mags hand out an insta ban. This would end infinite ammo overnight.

Infinite ammo was actually fixed with the last stable update, so what you see is hacked magazines from before the update that haven't been removed from the database yet. Hopefully those can be completely removed at some point.
  • Like 5

May Bis should stop all development for 6 months, give out there own cheats and name it CheatZ. So that all the script kiddies will have wasted their cash and know how it would feel if we all cheated :P

Yeah I know, that's stupid, but I only just saw the existent of the hacks out their and its put me of dayz for now (private hive it will be). All that time I spend sneaking around and running like a brain damaged monkey on a server with 3 people, just to keep safe. Also wondering how, when I have avoided someone, run away without them seeing me , then hid, they manage to hunt me down very efficiently (and then I saw radar, so they not even feeling the panic of chance encounters). And now the loot from a distance. this is not a QQing, its just not what I would call a fun game. Even if its only a few cheaters, it become an aspect of the game you have to take into account and spoils the atmosphere.

Yeah because the community can totally make the difference between cheating and an awesome lucky shot when all butthurt.

This video made me smile a bit tho, clearly the server isn't doing all the proximity checks it should be (yet).

So that's how you treat the community, like children? Fine by me, then.

So we'll just allow hackers run rampant. Gotcha! 

I think may have been on the same server with you, with the same hacker. it was last night in Berinzino i believe on Kilo server. There was a guy running around with no pants firing M4 a bunch. He was shooting my friends through the cafe walls. clipping in and out of buildings. I took a shot at him and missed. thought he didnt know where i was. then im laying there watching the town and all of a sudden my mosin gets put away and comes of my hotbar. then everything else also disappears as im tabbed to look at my stuff. no one in sight.

To the devs:

I understand that it is hard to rationalize fixing these things so early in the development stage, because with every new patch there is potential backdoors. however, im experiencing this more and more, and the hacks are becomming more game breaking. I urge you to please devote a team to countering this behavior. More server control would also be good for admins. Maybe a way to spectate and find these people. Im just getting really fed up that like 10% of players seem to be hacking. another 10% seem to be glitching/duping/etc. Its just ruining the skills that others have developed to play this game. Im not a coder so i wont pretend that its a simple fix that will just pop up, but its extremely frustrating that 25% of my deaths are from hackers or cheaters.

Edited by hexrain

I think may have been on the same server with you, with the same hacker. it was last night in Berinzino i believe on Kilo server. There was a guy running around with no pants firing M4 a bunch. He was shooting my friends through the cafe walls. clipping in and out of buildings. I took a shot at him and missed. thought he didnt know where i was. then im laying there watching the town and all of a sudden my mosin gets put away and comes of my hotbar. then everything else also disappears as im tabbed to look at my stuff. no one in sight.

To the devs:

I understand that it is hard to rationalize fixing these things so early in the development stage, because with every new patch there is potential backdoors. however, im experiencing this more and more, and the hacks are becomming more game breaking. I urge you to please devote a team to countering this behavior. More server control would also be good for admins. Maybe a way to spectate and find these people. Im just getting really fed up that like 10% of players seem to be hacking. another 10% seem to be glitching/duping/etc. Its just ruining the skills that others have developed to play this game. Im not a coder so i wont pretend that its a simple fix that will just pop up, but its extremely frustrating that 25% of my deaths are from hackers or cheaters.

We were in 2 different servers.

Anyway i understand this is Alpha bla bla bla....but as it is still in development, i think that before fixing how to cook etc...it's needed to fix who is gonna kill you and how. Otherwise we will never catch cheaters on the game.

Does it has ever been caught one? I don't think so.

FYI, we (BE and DayZ devs) are aware of the new item-stealing hack and hopefully a fix will be provided ASAP. Please note that while BE can detect known hacks, it cannot fix underlying issues in the engine that allow such exploits/hacks. I'm really sorry guys, I know how frustrating the situation is. :(

Sable, thank you so much for the speedy response. Even though as you say there isn't much ya'll can do about it right now I find it very refreshing that your in here telling us anyway. This is what I love about DayZ. Any other company would just clam up. I tip my hat!

you must be lucky or playing on low pop servers, it happens all the time on European servers, they are the worst

I play on UK servers. One time i may have been killed by some hackers in berezino but i couldn't be sure. I spend alot of time by myself on the west of the map tbh so thats the main reason i don't run into any.

... hell it happend to me 5 mins ago too....

what the fuck... i was in devils castle, on top of the tower looking arround and BAM... naked...

goddamn kids....

What has to be done to allow the community to report cheaters, is the following:

1) STEAM nickname is TIED to your DAYZ nickname

2) Whenever you are killed a message pops up telling you who killed you - basically in the same manner as "You are getting wet", for example, "You were killed by XXXXXX".

This won't help against the recent gear cheaters, but it certainly would allow the community to report those who kill you while speedhacking etc. More tools for admins would be appreciated, but then again the problem of admin abuse will arise. 

Got beans for the tieing of the name in steam. Still se no reason for letting ppl know who killed them. I can only guess, but there should be logs that could be analysed to get that information. So a report system should work without you knowing who killed you. There usually don't get many ppl shot at the exact same position from the exact same position at the exactly same time. On the other hand you can get the name of players you killed by checking their pulse, if you are fast enough. So maybe that's ok. Or...just thinking here, if you get that name, you play in a group, someone else of your group is killed by a different guy, you would know that there are at least two and could give that information to your still living buddies. So....no.

the hacks i know about are; speed hack, removing weapons from another persons inventory and placing in their own, teleport, glitch rooms (technically an exploit) ,spawning in gear, over sized ammo stacks and infinite mags. can anyone else add to this list?

There is ESP, some here call it GPS.