RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Lol, that hacker

He was using teleporting and such? i had an hacker on that server, who teleported on my location each time, so after few deaths i started to run around berenzino screaming "mr hacker, where are you? Im lonely here" and once he appeared shooting tons of bulltes from his m4 (without reloading) i spent 2 minutes running around him and screaming "hug me! please i need it!" like an idiot.

it was fun...

Yeah, saw the hacker then ran for it up to the top of one of the apartment buildings, my character was still getting it seemingly hit from nowhere then i could see the guy teleporting up to the top of the building, then eventually i tried to get away but fell unconscious. 

Nice, ty OP, this will be locked or hided but who care, let them known we can t play 'cose game it s an hackerfest ATM, maybe if ppl keep complainig something could happen.

Pls also proofs are always welcome, google for OBS, it s an open source streaming/recording sofware, quicksync and nvenc compatible :)

Just got killed by a hacker again, at the NEA. 

This is getting quite ridiculous.

Somethings gotta be special about you people.

I've got close to 200 hours in the game and I have never encountered ONE hacker, and everyone on these forums seems to be dieing of hacks every 30 seconds.

• Like 1

Somethings gotta be special about you people.

I've got close to 200 hours in the game and I have never encountered ONE hacker, and everyone on these forums seems to be dieing of hacks every 30 seconds.

I see more hackers on the experimental servers than the stable.

I see more hackers on the experimental servers than the stable.

They must be testing hax0rz for the new stables and some facesitting on BE devs lulz

Sick of cheaters myself.  Hope it gets addressed sooner than later, makes some places basically pointless to visit, like neaf and berezino.  NEAF has people in the walls, 9/10 times I visit, Berezino has the legitimate teleporting type of hackers a good portion of the time.

Games getting pretty boring lately because of it, for me personally.

My suggestion - leave the damn coast. And yes, it includes NEAF too, because it is like 3 min run from Berezino. You will never see hackers in Balota or Zelenogorsk now, because most of them don't know that such place exist. If you want deathmatch, just accept hackers as your allies or opponents you need to kill. If you want survival and exploration with some badass gun fights where you can not spawn 100 meters away from your body and then run back to pick up your gear, leave the damn coast.

• Like 1

Merged.

Nice, ty OP, this will be locked or hided but who care

Is this why this topic is pinned and open for discussion in the General Discussion? Completely makes sense.

You said you are playing on Experimental. Please note, that BattlEye is disabled on some of the Experimental servers for obvious reasons. It's stated that you shouldn't play on Exp., if you can't deal with the issues and the problems on Exp..

Noone ever said that this game is going to be hackingproof, but it has calmed down a lot. Before you're screaming "HAX0R!11" - make sure it's not desyncing, or other problems with the current state of the game. Just someone popping up inf front of you or someone that didn't die even though you were shooting him is not a cheating incident in most cases, as the game has other issues, such as hitdetection or rubberbanding. If someone snipes you, you will die without ever hearing the shot, as bullets travel faster than sound and this is what happens in game as well.

We're not trying to hide anything, BE is updated regularly and doing its job well.

Edited by kichilron

So, first time I have played in a couple of weeks as I have been really busy with work.

Is it just me or is every other person hacking now? just got killed by a teleporter and before that by a lovely gentleman with a rapid fire mosin.

When I finally did manage to kill someone and thought to myself time to reap the rewards the dude had an m4 with a clip containing around 2000 bullets.....

Where's the fun?

Does anyone know if this is being actively combated with the next patch? I feel the fun being sucked out of it and I love this game even in alpha I am so hooked

So, first time I have played in a couple of weeks as I have been really busy with work.

Is it just me or is every other person hacking now? just got killed by a teleporter and before that by a lovely gentleman with a rapid fire mosin.

When I finally did manage to kill someone and thought to myself time to reap the rewards the dude had an m4 with a clip containing around 2000 bullets.....

Where's the fun?

Does anyone know if this is being actively combated with the next patch? I feel the fun being sucked out of it and I love this game even in alpha I am so hooked

Merged

My suggestion - leave the damn coast. And yes, it includes NEAF too, because it is like 3 min run from Berezino. You will never see hackers in Balota or Zelenogorsk now, because most of them don't know that such place exist. If you want deathmatch, just accept hackers as your allies or opponents you need to kill. If you want survival and exploration with some badass gun fights where you can not spawn 100 meters away from your body and then run back to pick up your gear, leave the damn coast.

Not counting dudes with standard fully pimped M4 and more some thousand bullets in a mag or ppl sitting in walls (neaf), I claimed 2 encounters with "real" cheaters here, if I remember correctly. One in Krasno, one at the prison north of the nwaf in the woods, so I disagree here. The one at the prison was really fast though, so going from bere to the prison might just be a matter of seconds, if he can find players through some esp or something ;).

the whole part about you shooting and knowing you didnt miss does not completely mean its a hacker. that happens a lot with desync between players so when you see him at one place hes already somewhere else on his screen.

Desync is a problem, but from my experience damaging someone on your client means that he will be damaged: I had a really messed up internet connection and the position of a player I played with was not updated correctly on my client any more. We talked over teamspeak, he told me that he was already somewhere else - like 100m away - while he was running against a fence on my client. After about 1 minute, I hit him and he got hurt. That suggests that shooting at someone and hitting him on your client will result on the player being hit, no matter where he actually is. Unless this was changed in the last 6 weeks or so... .

To ppl saying stuff like "I died again at the neaf because of a hacker, now 'm pissed" or something like that, please elaborate. To keep this thread useful (at least for me ;)), you need to say what happened exactly. Ppl sitting in the walls of prisons are not the same type of cheater as ppl having an M4 with unlimited ammo. And those are also a different kind of cheater from flying boba fetts with M4s and what feels like an aimbot. Sitting in prison walls is doable without any external cheats as far as I know, not sure though, never tried it. Don't misinterpret me here, I hate them all, but they do different things.

Rule #1: Don't get attached to your gear AND NOW

Rule #2: Don't enter prisons at the neaf, never, never, NEVER!!! Don't feed the trolls, just let them sit there in the walls and wait while noone comes.

Edited by bautschi

Lots of people here seem to confuse wall-glitching with hacking/ cheating.

Also unlimited ammo in magazines has been fixed in the last update, firing from a magazine having more ammo than it can hold will simply result in ghost bullets.

Hey guys

After jumping from server to server searching for a good, non-KOS server, I got in this "amazing" server with a clan of 5 ou 6 guys that start firing at me and my friend.

To run away from them, me and my friend got in to a building and closed the doors. I went to the second floor and he stayed in the first floor.

They just could know which building we were because they were firing from 600-700 meters and we just kept running between the building.

After some time of hiding, I got an huge suprise, 3 dudes passed by the wall of my second floor and started shooting at me. My friend got killed after me. The doors were always closed. They even left the build by the wall.

What kind of anti-cheating system this game have? when we have 6 dudes using hacks ( the server only had 20 players) that's almost half of the server!

After this episode ( this was like 2 or 3 days ago) I'm catching more and more players with hacks.  Today l watched, near NEAF, Some dude duplicatiing his all gear for 3 friends. 2 of them where new spawn and got full gear in 1 minute.

Am I the only one getting this kind of things?

Regards

Nah, it's getting bad.  I hope they address it soon, it's making the game super boring.

They supposedly have fixes for wall glitching and ammo duping at least, but I dunno what's taking so long for them to implement it.

Now, this is something I've never encountered before in Day Z. We've all seen the hacked mags and the warping, but never before have I seen a hacker who takes the gun from you when you're alive and not knocked out. He stole both our guns, but luckily I had a 1911 in my backpack and got revenge in the end...bastard =P

Yeah, that is new one. I've also seen that on youtube, so it's definitely there.

~80h and 1 "hacker" spotted. He tried to sneak upon me in milltary base near Kabanino - propably hiding in the wall.

They're not hackers. Thats too big word for common cheaters with trainer-like programs.

Edited by nemorus

My friends and I just got killed again at neaf by cheaters, and therefore we've decided to stop playing for at least a month or two.  It just isn't any fun to spend hours gearing up only to have a cheater take it all from you.  These guys must be 14 year old super nerds who confuse code writing with good game play.

If you are going to continue to play DayZ, I highly suggest you stay away from neaf. 

Yesterday we killed 4 of 5 cheaters - unlimited M4 magazines and they were able to see thru walls - probably textures off. It took one hour to camp and fight them. It really destroys game experience. I don't care about unlimited ammo but looking thru walls or even turning of wall textures and be able to see thru threes houses and everything should be removed as soon as they can do it. Also they should add some door opening sounds.

Edited by matejkvassay

Lots of people here seem to confuse wall-glitching with hacking/ cheating.

Also unlimited ammo in magazines has been fixed in the last update, firing from a magazine having more ammo than it can hold will simply result in ghost bullets.

Wall-glitching is cheating in my eyes, even though it does not mean downloading and using a hack. But I really want to ask about that ammo thing - is there a source for your statement? While I am not familiar with the code, that sounds like a really awkward solution. Why not simply check the amount server side and set it to the max amount? What happens if it is emptied and reloaded? No more unlimited mags, but still an unlimited supply of ammo? Really weird...and free to interpretation.

Edited by bautschi

Start recording those stuff, maybe add server ip and playername ( yes devs you have to redo the stuff to tie name whit steam nickname, gold from the sky to ban cheaters ).

Guys, again, start using OBS or shadowplay and post CLEAR videos, pic or didn t happened rule, you know.

Start recording those stuff, maybe add server ip and playername ( yes devs you have to redo the stuff to tie name whit steam nickname, gold from the sky to ban cheaters ).

Guys, again, start using OBS or shadowplay and post CLEAR videos, pic or didn t happened rule, you know.

There is no "didn't happen rule", you know. While it may be advisable to record DayZ gameplay just to keep the rare funny situation or record cheaters, it is not neccessary. No one can tell me that the flying dude outside the top floor of the school in Krazno was not there and did not shoot me through the window. I record now, but not then. It is also a problem to add recording as an additional strain for the CPU, especially for those with the CPU as a bottleneck.

Enforcing unique names on servers is also enough for bans, steam only needs to record who was on which server using what name at a given time. That's not really complicated. Bigger problem: How exactly do you get the player's ingame name? For the future, I don't know what admins will be able to do, but the ingame name, even if it can be changed, is still enough, if the name can be tied to the steam account through a given time and server. It just has to be implemented.