RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Wow, that escalated quickly. It's obvious certain people haven't followed all of my posts in this thread, otherwise they wouldn't start insulting me now.

For those who still don't understand what I'm saying: I never said there wasn't any cheating. Of course there is. I'm merely trying to get feedback from the community as it was confirmed by others that desync can cause a lot of strange situations.

Either way, if my participation in this discussion is not welcome I will just stop posting. And no, I don't have any agenda in posting here, I'm just curious and trying to help.

Either way, if my participation in this discussion is not welcome I will just stop posting. And no, I don't have any agenda in posting here, I'm just curious and trying to help.

Don't go. It is a bit insulting that you "assume[d] that many hack-like situations were indeed caused by desync" but your presence in this thread is appreciated! At least by some of us.  :D 

Don't go. It is a bit insulting that you "assume[d] that many hack-like situations were indeed caused by desync" but your presence in this thread is appreciated! At least by some of us.  :D

I don't see how that's insulting. It has been discussed over and over again, so it's clear that desync can cause problems. Of course I'm not talking about blatant cheating.

I don't see how that's insulting. It has been discussed over and over again, so it's clear that desync can cause problems. Of course I'm not talking about blatant cheating.

Then I guess you just don't see it. If I was a BattleEye staff member I probably would refrain from making comments about desync when so many users are having problems with hackers and exploiters in this game. But you are different so I shall leave.

Then I guess you just don't see it. If I was a BattleEye staff member I probably would refrain from making comments about desync when so many users are having problems with hackers and exploiters in this game. But you are different so I shall leave.

That's not the point. What's wrong about having an open discussion? Just because I'm a BE dev I cannot ask for feedback or talk about issues in the game? Well, ok then.

I said this many times before and I will say it again: None of my posts are meant as excuses or anything, I simply try to get a clear view of the situation.

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 5

That's not the point. What's wrong about having an open discussion? Just because I'm a BE dev I cannot ask for feedback or talk about issues in the game? Well, ok then.

I said this many times before and I will say it again: None of my posts are meant as excuses or anything, I simply try to get a clear view of the situation.

Don't let the kids get to you Sable. Ignore there imprudence, ignorance, and arrogance.

To insult is to affect as an affront, demean or offend.  You implied by saying perceived that we don't understand desync or whatnot and falsely make hackusations.  As polite as you made it seem it was still there to demean previous comments.

I merely made an observation that maybe people stopped talking as comments like this and the numerous others stating that we must be mistaken (not by yourself) is like banging your head against a wall of ignorance.  I fully understand that BE is not at fault but man your comment was to incite a response of that i'm sure.

edit: The kids lol.  You got me all figured out. 

Edited by Jolunn
  • Like 1

I had the same thing happen to me, except i was on one of those tiny little towers on berezhino docks, not the crane but the other platforms there, no one came up the ladder and then suddenly i hear an axe swing behind me, twice he hit me, i pull my gun out and unload 15 bullets behind me, nothing the guy has disappeared, climb down the ladder and start bandaging, again i see no one but i hear the axe swing and then i am unconscious. Then a fully grown peice of shit gets on the mic and starts bad mouthing me about how much better he is then me at the game.

This but was the Berezhino apartments. Made sure I was far from any door with back in the corner too. Offered plenty of room to see even a de-sync'er. But nope, no de-sync'er, two fireaxe hits later, quickly before I could move, I was dead. Then came the obnoxious screaming over VOIP from the hacker, making me glad I wasn't wearing headphones at the time...

This but was the Berezhino apartments. Made sure I was far from any door with back in the corner too. Offered plenty of room to see even a de-sync'er. But nope, no de-sync'er, two fireaxe hits later, quickly before I could move, I was dead. Then came the obnoxious screaming over VOIP from the hacker, making me glad I wasn't wearing headphones at the time...

They sound like a great upstanding human being.

I had a kind-of hack/glitch encounter, not sure what the infinite ammo is classed as.. Was walking into berez from svet, got to the back of the police station, Heard non-stop M4 gunfire for 2 minutes straight. Turned around and ran as fast as my little legs could carry me.

I was shot right through a house.. he was threatening me that he could shoot me anywhere he wants even though i was surrounded by four walls and he was outside.. couldnt do anything

why do those fckers even cheat..

/edit logged in again and my character was reset.. I guess that was the admin.. why the hell can they do that..

Edited by MarchmelloMan

I have played merely 8 hours of SA but im getting back into it. So im gonna base off of what ive seen. I have seen multiple youtubers claim not to see any hackers. But, we all know frankie is a hacker so can't really trust him  ;)

I was shot right through a house.. he was threatening me that he could shoot me anywhere he wants even though i was surrounded by four walls and he was outside.. couldnt do anything

why do those fckers even cheat..

/edit logged in again and my character was reset.. I guess that was the admin.. why the hell can they do that..

I believe it was the patch? I had no clue admins could do that.

i encountered some strange events lately while playing with my friends so i looked around what the security status is like right now and stumbled over this thread... holy s... being a long time dayz mod player who is now very happy to see dayz sa happening i really hope that we can find a way to deal with these issues.

what happened to me was that we got ambushed, which isnt really suspicious in itself, but then the guys who killed my friend talked over ingame voice about me being around while not leaving the house they were in (i had eyes with a long range scope on the barn, they could not see me). luckily my friend didnt hit respawn or we wouldnt have known anything about this. after a minute or so i got really nervous and fled the scene. as soon as i way out of range (like within 20 seconds) one of them immediately said "ok its safe now" and off they went. the fact that we didnt see anybody coming or that they played quite poorly (they shot me but didnt go in to confirm the kill?) wasnt what made suspect that any cheats were involved.however if you have information you cannot possibly have and blatantly yell that over the ingame voice chat things become more than just very suspicious to me.

the thing which troubles me the most is that in the old dayz mod admins had some options regarding this. back then we dealt with cheaters by playing on a private hive which was monitored by admins we got to trust with time. in fact i even remember reporting incidents to them by giving them locations and a timeframe, the admin actually checked something (maybe some logs, no idea what he did) and was able to tell if people scripted or acted on things they couldnt have been aware of. i am well aware that empowering admins makes it in turn possible for them to cheat which i actually did encounter in the dayz mod as well, however i still think its a better option than to just hope that there are no cheaters around. most server admins are not the cheating kind and even if they are its very easy to steer clear (you only need to avoid that specific server!). overall this helped greatly and the hive i played on did have some people who probably duped, but no major cheating was going on. whats the status like right now for admins? i have been hoping for private hives but last i looked for them i couldnt see any. i feel like cheaters tend to look for crowded public servers where they can get the most kills.

Edited by Zyccy the Beast

You implied by saying perceived that we don't understand desync or whatnot and falsely make hackusations.  As polite as you made it seem it was still there to demean previous comments.

Not at all. It seems I have a different understanding of the word "perceived" then. I simply meant all cheating being noticed in-game, whether it's real or not. I didn't mean to imply that any of the previously reported cheating incidents were false - I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

So the feedback I got so far tells me that the latest update didn't really change much in regards to this. That's all I wanted to know.

Wow, this community is fucking amazing.   Most of you can't show any proof of these "apparent" hacks and yet you call BEdev-Sable the ignorant one?  Don't blame your shitty game play on hacks when you get killed.  It's really starting to make you guys look stupid and ignorant.

Edited by Caboose187

if it was moderated correctly

Make sure to use the reportbutton to make the moderators aware of it. We can't be everywhere and read everything, we can only try. And that's what I am doing right now. I had a few minutes, so I jumped in here to read up on what's been going on in here to be greeted by very borderline comments. If you want the forums and particularly this thread to be a better place, then make sure to make us folks aware of it.

Wow, that escalated quickly. It's obvious certain people haven't followed all of my posts in this thread, otherwise they wouldn't start insulting me now.

Make sure to contact us or use the reportbutton. It sometimes is better to let us deal with it quickly and swiftly before a thread like this, that is supposed to inform both you and the players, gets derailed.

I will make sure to keep an eye on this thread, as some of the comments above are extremely borderline and may even warrant warnings, considering the personal insults.

Everybody in here knows what desync and rubberbanding is and that it is happening fairly often, it's a part of DayZ. And we all should remember, that some of the newer players might think some bad play is involved due to the bad desync that was going on in the past paired with delayed hitdetection and people rubberbanding all over the place. It's only fair to assume by Sable that some of those hacksuations are really just that - how would the rather new guys know?

Don't get carried away in a discussion over that, we're all trying to solve those problems around here.

• Like 2

Wow, this community is fucking amazing.   Most of you can't show any proof of these "apparent" hacks and yet you call BEdev-Sable the ignorant one?  Don't blame your shitty game play on hacks when you get killed.  It's really starting to make you guys look stupid and ignorant.

This, I've encountered hacking quite a bit recently, but my rig isn't good enough to make videos of it so I refrain from posting.

Simply go to youtube and type in Day z standalone cheat/hack and you will see TONS of videos of people cheating

There is software designed to cheat in the SA that I know someone uses and hasn't been banned.

• Like 1

There is software designed to cheat in the SA that I know someone uses and hasn't been banned.

Hello there

Hasnt been banned yet.

There will always be cheats. What is key is to reduce the ease and the number of cheaters.

What Sable is trying to do here is get constructive concrete feedback.

Dont forget Youtube is not the be all and end all or reliable info. Many vids may be of folk hacking on non BE protected servers or using already detected hacks in older videos.

Dont forget many Hack sites want your cash and are not going to be completely honest in their sales techniques perhaps.

Yes hacking exists, but so does exploiting and desynch, leet playing and all sorts of other bugs which *may* be construed by many as hacking.

The fact that Sable makes the effort to engage with us here, to me, says volumes about both him and BE as a whole. Not many folk would put themselves "out there". I applaud him for that.

Fanboi? Perhaps I am a bit, but then again if BE failed I'd be amongst the critics, but Id hopefully be constructive.

Rgds

LoK

PS @tenshu If you mate has this uber undetectable software, why not PM Sable with all the info?

You know the old saying. If your not part of the solution, you're part of the problem...

Edited by orlok
  • Like 5

Not at all. It seems I have a different understanding of the word "perceived" then. I simply meant all cheating being noticed in-game, whether it's real or not. I didn't mean to imply that any of the previously reported cheating incidents were false - I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

So the feedback I got so far tells me that the latest update didn't really change much in regards to this. That's all I wanted to know.

No worries man, thanks for clearing that up.  I just took it the wrong way I guess. 

Edit: Really Caboose, you should calm down.

Edited by Jolunn

Well I described a recent event I called cheating in post 663. Just out of curiosity, do you consider that proof, after all I checked the recording later, or is it not proof, after all I did not upload the video for you? I can tell you right now, I won't upload it for you to verify. Assuming that you actually accept my own video analysis as proof...that makes one. Now what got me to record me playing Dayz was a hillarious situation on a police station roof and then following up with a Boba Fett flying outside a school window at the second floor of a school window, shooting me from there. Now, also no proof, after all, I started recording after that. But I'm boldly proclaiming, that was not desync, mister. Together - proven for me - that makes two deaths involving a cheater.

In February there was a patch with a hotfix for a mouse problem that resulted me practically not being able to turn in a meaningful way. PvP (aiming) was practically my death by default. Since then I killed 12 guys and died 7 deaths total in encounters with other players. That makes 2/7=....wait for it...let's say 29% of my deaths in encounters with cheaters. For alpha that is ok, but it must improve later on.

Now, do you accept those two incidents as cheaters being in DayZ or do you discount them because you did not see the proof yourself? Also think about the fact that those 5 other deaths are not "proven" legit either, how should I know, if there was a cheat active? Let's look at this the other way:

What do you think is the probability that someone killed by a cheater even realises that it was a cheater? Not even saying that people are stupid, but going back to my case in post 663, if I had not recorded the game AND the other guy would not have been the lousiest shot I have ever seen in DayZ, which resulted in me even being alive long enough to record his wonderously speedy movements, I would have accepted that as a clean kill. But I don't know yet, if you consider that a proven case or a made up story by me. Please elaborate for me to better understand exactly what you need as proof. Or maybe even better, what others should consider proof that they were killed by a cheater, although that might again not be enough for you... . But as I said, I won't start uploading videos just for you to have proof.

To actually supply proof here is not that easy, how many people even record their gameplay?

Concerning BEdev-Sable, I'm quite happy that he is here and shows interest in the situation, thanks for that!

Actually I have a question here: Assuming there will be sanity checks to find speed hacks or people flying around, will those detected be banned as if they were caught by you? I guess one might argue that server logs are not hard enough proof, they might be manipulated by admins, .... .

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I consider speedhacks and people flying around something that should be solved through server side sanity checks, not BE. That's what the two incidents I had were.

Edited by bautschi

I only came along one "cheater" so far. I went unconscious from one sec to the other and when I got up again he was staying in front of me with equipment talking to me and telling me is using "radar and teleport". After that he started to fly ~2meters over the ground telling me he is "Battleye" and no one will ban him ever. He was one of these script kiddies and the only "cheater" I really encountered for sure so far. I guess he will be banned with the next BE ban wave so I am fine. DayZ Mod was a lot worse for sure - actually I stopped playing on public hive completely and went to a white listed server because of all the script kiddies. 

every Little COD-kiddy me and my squad kill in berezino has those ammo Clips with like 40 000  rounds!!!!!

Please don't test such "hacks". You were lucky (time-wise) BE didn't globally ban you (I'm serious).

Edited by kichilron
Video removed.

Please do not post ways to exploit publicly.

Please do not post ways to exploit publicly.

say what? I am posting bugs found in the current stable patch, on topic, bugs and vulnerabilities which massively affect the playability. This vulnerability is known since at least february, but the devs didn t fix it. for the last 2 weeks everyday I died (in game, fyi) from it and you re telling me to stop warning the other players?! is this an alpha or not? well I think here is the perfect place to talk about this kind of stuff. If you obstruct my notification I will definitely find other ways to inform the people (popular twitch streams, reddit or twitter) so I think you should better work with us and press the devs in solving this ASAP! unbelievable :)) 

Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 2

say what? I am posting bugs found in the current stable patch, bugs and vulnerabilities which massively affect the playability. This vulnerability is known since at least february, but the devs didn t fix it. for the last 2 weeks everyday I died (in game, fyi) from it and you re telling me to stop warning the other players?! is this an alpha or not? well I think here is the perfect place to talk about this kind of stuff. If you obstruct my notification I will definitely find other ways to inform the people (popular twitch streams, reddit or twitter) so I think you should better work with us and press the devs in solving this ASAP! unbelievable :)) 

There is a massive difference between showing people what it can do by finding screenshots about it than posting video-instructions, so others can abuse it as well. You are the one not helping it go away by spreading the necessary information on how to do it.