rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Yup, very annoying. This is what I was talking about last night. It means you have to copy paste your cfg file unless you want to remap everything again. Plus, it seems there is a 14char limit on names

You can just click on your name in the bottom right corner of the main menu and change it.

• Like 1

Hello, finally managed to get on one of the test servers and as expected it is all looted already. So I thought I would run through the woods and pick berries. Any Idea what to look out for? I have found small bushes that look like blueberries (judging by the leaves) but could not pick any berries from them. Any advice?

Edited by Salomonese

Again, no. But you can fix it yourself with Mark C's mousefix. I already did this and it's 10 times better. Using this fix means DayZ cannot use mouse acceleration and your mouse movement will be 1:1

Where can I find this?

Hello, finally managed to get on one of the test servers and as expected it is all looted already. So I thought I would run through the woods and pick berries. Any Idea what to look out for? I have found small bushes that look like blueberries (judging from the leaves) but could not pick any berries from them. Any advice?

Though there hasn't been any official word on it (to my knowledge at least) I'm positive it's not working at the minute. I tried for quite some time to pick berries and couldn't do so. Many players are also reporting they can't pick berries, infact, I haven't heard a single player say that they've had success trying.

Edited by The_Woodsman

So do the experimental servers boot every 4 hours? It seems almost all loot is gone everywhere, so it feels they aren't booted regularly.

isn't the 4h reboot-thingy just some shit the community invented so far, to workaround the "loot only on restart"?

from what i know, the experimental server never ever reboot unless they crash or for maintenance. wich is a bit rash, regarding to the temporary implementation of body despawn.

servers get looted within hours and after that its pretty useless to test on them, since all items are gone :/

Edited by Guest

Though there hasn't been any official word on it (to my knowledge at least) I'm positive it's not working at the minute. I tried for quite some time to pick berries and couldn't do so. Many players are also reporting they can't pick berries, infact, I haven't heard a single player say that they've had success trying.

Ok thanks, in that case I will be running around until I starve :)

isn't the 4h reboot-thingy just some shit the community invented so far, to workaround the "loot only on restart"?

from what i know, the experimental server never ever reboot unless they crash or for maintenance. wich is a bit rash, regarding to the temporary implementation of body despawn.

servers get looted within hours and after that its pretty useless to test on them, since all items are gone :/

Yes its very hard to test things because there is no items.

Honestly the test servers are never much fun , you gotta wait at least ten mins of clicking on full servers to get in cuz they're so packed . And after the wait like everyone said , there's no loot anywhere ... EXCEPT at NW airfield ... I played about 6 hrs after the experimental servers went up an found the whole place to be full of loot ... The reason being is cuz I think people are afraid of walking all the way to the airfield at night,( which I think all the test servers are night for some reason) but if you are ballsy enough or lucky enough to get novy sobor spawn then you can have a ton of fun, but other than being lucky I say the experimental servers , IMo are kind of something ill wait to use again when they release something really monumental like barricades or cars :)

Yup, very annoying. This is what I was talking about last night. It means you have to copy paste your cfg file unless you want to remap everything again. Plus, it seems there is a 14char limit on names

Curious to know what kind of controls you remap.  I'm using all default "Dayz" with exception of Proximity Chat.  I remapped from Caps Lock to a mouse button.

regarding to some pictures i saw, yes some found it.

BsBjcuc.jpg

Edited by Guest

well at 5:30pm today servers are going down for maintenance . hopefully its the new patch coming to normal servers.

While I was sprinting as far as possible from anyone I ran past some guys all toting shotguns etc and was later shot in the head with a sawn off shotgun, thus ending my brief experimental tryout

At 5.30pm GMT today all Multiplayer servers are going to come down for a minimum for 3 hours for maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

While I was sprinting as far as possible from anyone I ran past some guys all toting shotguns etc and was later shot in the head with a sawn off shotgun, thus ending my brief experimental tryout

Sawn-off shotgun has terrible spread (and I mean TERRIBLE), so consider yourself very unlucky for being shot to the head ; D

well at 5:30pm today servers are going down for maintenance . hopefully its the new patch coming to normal servers.

That's only about 2 hours from now, correct?

That's only about 2 hours from now, correct?

Indeed. In Finland we are at 5:41pm now, and we're GMT+2 (I think.)

Edited by Konna

You can just click on your name in the bottom right corner of the main menu and change it.

Just huh? I did that already. Still doesn't let you have more than 15 characters in your name, and makes a profile in DayZ instead of my old profile in DayZ Other profiles.

Curious to know what kind of controls you remap.  I'm using all default "Dayz" with exception of Proximity Chat.  I remapped from Caps Lock to a mouse button.

Pretty much every single control.

i'am a bit confused, just to clarify: we're talkin about a dayz-serverwide maintenance, not just only the experimental one?

can anyone confirm or comment on why servers are going down at 5:30pm thanks .

can anyone confirm or comment on why servers are going down at 5:30pm thanks .

https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam

confirmation there, reason: maintenance - probably they get patched.

since it took a few hours maintenance on the experimental to patch, it also take as long for the stable.

sounds logical, does it? idk.

Edited by Guest

i think on friday the new patch will coming to normalservers.