rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

I would only like to see a couple more things in DayZ and I will be the happiest zombie in the world, Day/Night Cycle (If there is already then does it go by your timezone?),the delay of dropping things, zombies not being able to walk through walls, being able to go upstairs AND downstairs without seeing the "Open Door" sign for the door under you, vehicles, better jumping, take less fall damage from falling 4 feet from the ground, less controls, and lastly being able to rush up stairs/ladders.

And my axe!

And my (well future me's) sawn off!

• Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

Is that the town far north after the shipwreck?

experimental?! experimental for gods sake?! Where is all effort from the HUUUGE amount of money you have made dean?! are you just another scammer? doing coke and waterskiing? 

If you worked with or had any idea on how to run a software development company then you would know the HUGE efforts that it takes to expand on an on going project with new assets whom have no background knowledge of what is going on. You can't just go and hire 100 new people, it would be a disaster. Just hiring one individual can take weeks to properly train with the in-house tools and for them to become familiar with the background of the software he or she may be working on. 

Edited by Immortality
  • Like 1

ETA on HELICOPTERS, VIECHLES ETC??///////

Personally I hope to never see flying vehicles. The map seems pretty big until you get in a chopper. Then it's trivialized again.

• Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

Is that the town far north after the shipwreck?

No, that's Guba. Svetloyarsk will be a completely new town.

No, that's Guba. Svetloyarsk will be a completely new town.

I dont see any space for  Svetloyarsk. 

Where on the map can I find it?

Saline doesn't refill full blood? For fuck sake! Pretty soon there is going to be 0 ways to heal in this game without stealing everyone else's blood or waiting 76 hours for your character to be full from eating and drinking -_- 

Wow just like real life.

Thats exactly how it should be, moaning because the game is getting more realistic makes you sound like a COD kiddie and i hate using that term if you want to get your character rehealed in seconds after taking several bullets go and play bf4 or cod not this game.

I am chuffed this change is taking place.

Probably silent updates like the anti teleport script was.

I doubt this very much.

Silent updates are done so people are not prepared.

Why do a silent update for combat logging it would change nothing.

I dont see any space for  Svetloyarsk. 

Where on the map can I find it?

I guess it could be an extension of the Guba area as I didn't notice any sign posts when I was there, but the fact that it's listed as 'new' in the patch notes makes me think that it's a completely new area.

No idea where it will be on the map though. We'll have to wait and see...

Well. Guba is only the marker on the harbor. I think the bay is called Guba bay, but the city there is called different.  Svetloyarsk probably.

Thanks anyways ;)

• Like 2

Svetloyarsk I betcha is the area to the West of Guba.  There are roads already laid out for a City there, train station.. IMO, this will be the place that Svetloarsk will be.  It does say harbor in the patch notes coming.. Looks like the only likely place that it will be placed.  

Place some bets??   B)

Whatever theyll do I am sure it will be great.

HAIL ROCKET!

*uhum*

I just want my lake city :D (i hope that big hole in the north is going to be a lake)

Lowered M1 Spawns...did Devs play their own Game...it happens to me many times i can not find that gun for 2 - 3 ours of looting...one more thing....before dead Body time limit did you guys fix Loot generate spawn,....ofc not....plz..before Adding new things..solwe old issues...

• Like 1

@MefistoZ

Really... ? Then you just do not know where to loot them, it's so easy to do atm and ppls cheat a lot, for example you go to Balota/Elektro and if it's empty then they change server with lower ppl's online there and they loot everything then go to server with more ppls like 38/40 and they kill newbies without a wep.... Finding me full gear is like 30 min up to 1h depends where I respawn, so please it's very needed because it's get boring quickly...Personally I think M4 should be uber rare with very few ammo - more melee fighting and using wep only if needed because you got like 5 shoots or something would be awesome ^^

Sadly I didn't see in patch notes and I think it should be in FIRST TO BE FIXED = ALT + F4 COMBAT LOGGING OUT, because I can't count how many times we found someone and while he saw us, he just ran over a building, logged out and switched server and kept playing and I think it shouldn't be like this, it ruins whole fun...Something like if you are near player withing like 100m you log out after like 1 min I think that would be fair or just something as in dayz mod would be simple and very helpful against those CL... :)

I also hope you will add animals pretty soon, hunting deers for example with your friend and ur friendly mosin and then putting them on fire just to eat that tasty meat or being able to build small things like small sheds/huts and make a fire flint around there to survive whole night alone or with your friends in da forest would be freaking awesome, alcohol such as vodka would help this a lot as well and some radio for a party... ^^ All these small things would make this game more interesting than it is currently, I can't wait until you add all those things you wanna cuz I know they will be perfect :) But finding weapons especially military ones should be really rare so there is something you can fight/look for nowdays, now it's so easy as I said above, ppls you just change server for better loot thats lame rushing Balota/Elektro on empty server... MAJORITY SHOULD BE TO REMOVE ALT + F4 AND IF YOU STARTED PLAYING A SERVER YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT UNTIL YOU DIE OR 12/24h AFTER YOU STARTED... IT WOULD PREVENT THESE LOWS TO LOOT ON EMPTY SERVERS THEN GO TO HIGH ONES AND PPLS COMBAT LOGGING/LOGGING IN BEHIND YOUR BACK.... WHO AGREE?? LIKE!! THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY !

Edited by Vertixen
  • Like 1

Personally I hope to never see flying vehicles. The map seems pretty big until you get in a chopper. Then it's trivialized again.

Personally that's retarded.

Wow just like real life.

Thats exactly how it should be, moaning because the game is getting more realistic makes you sound like a COD kiddie and i hate using that term if you want to get your character rehealed in seconds after taking several bullets go and play bf4 or cod not this game.

I am chuffed this change is taking place.

wow then its easier to die in some save place, respawn as new character and loot your body.

Lowered M1 Spawns...did Devs play their own Game...it happens to me many times i can not find that gun for 2 - 3 ours of looting...one more thing....before dead Body time limit did you guys fix Loot generate spawn,....ofc not....plz..before Adding new things..solwe old issues...

weps spawn balancing doesnt have sense until server hoping isnt fixed and loot spawns once after the restart.

A lot of people here seem to have the misconception that Rocket is the only person working on this project.  There is a team at work, some on the map, sound guys, animation guys, modellers, etc etc.  When their work has been deemed acceptable for release then i assume it gets added to a patch.

So to cry "Why bother with pink mosins...what about zombies clipping through walls!!" means you don't really understand the process. None of us do.

When a particular department has finished something why wouldn't it get added to a patch?

• Like 7

^^ the voice of reason and understanding! quick cover ur ears we on the internet do not need to hear such comments, we only want rage and flamewars over something we know nothing about xD

• Like 1