rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

you cant fix combat logging just like that tbh i mean unless you add a 500m dome that blocks anyone from logging out when anyone is in it,(it could work tho) but could also be abused to see if anyone is close

QUESTION Will PumpAction Shotguns have the pump animations?, also will  this engine ever let us blow a zombies head/arm off?

Combat logging could be fixed with a simple 10 second log out buffer IMO. you stay in connection to the server for 10 seconds even if you alt F4, that way combat logging is essentially giving up and you will log back in dead 

then again if all the data is client-side i dont know if that's even possible to force. so what do I know LOL

If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to have the body of a dead player stick around BUT be invisible and/or unlootable by the player it came from? That would eliminate meta-gaming aspect while allowing people to loot dead bodies they find along the way (not to mention a dead body is an indicator that other hostiles are around the area you're exploring, removing that would remove an essential part of the PVP experience)

I agree

DEAN HALL IS TELLING YOU --- NOT DO BUY THE GAME TILL IT IS READY!!!

that is what he told you ALL. 1000 TIMES!. you were stupid enough to buy the game. or you have enough faith. BUT you have no right to complain.

dean hall is working HOW he wants and as fast as he wants.

and i really hope he isnt changing it onlybecause of some stupid idiots who think they own him

• Like 7

I'm really curious if the optimization problem can be fixed in the future, at least we deserve an answer.

I got absolutely no issues with buying a product in alpha stage and heavily work in progress, but i do have a problem when the said product gets a fucking patch every three to four weeks or so.

Jesus almighty christ.

If they keep that retarded schedule with such a barebones alpha, the game will be somewhat interesting in about... 64 months.

Edited by Klaus255
  • Like 1

Why lower weapon spawns? It's already hard enough to find weapons. so this will most likely increase the server hopping.

That's nice and all, but how about you fix the fucking game breaking attributes before you start adding more stuff in.  Like the No Clipping Zombies for example? The fact that the "Respawn" button doesn't work? Or falling through a metal railing and dying, or the sound bugs? Or the fact that you can't hear shots from like 1000 yards away ? Or death animation which looks stupid as hell for someone being shot ? Or the server lag?  I'm sure there's a shit load more issues that need to be addressed also other than the ones I've listed. 

Do you understand that "alpha" is the phase in which new features are constantly implemented, taking priority over bugfixing or balancing? If a bug can be easily fixed, then it will be. If it's not, then it will be fixed at a later time. If you want a beta, then wait for the beta (late 2014).

I got absolutely no issues with buying a product in alpha stage and heavily work in progress, but i do have a problem when the said product gets a fucking patch every three to four weeks or so.

Jesus almighty christ.

If they keep that retarded schedule with such a barebones alpha, the game will be somewhat interesting in about... 64 months.

Remember that this month has been slow because of the holidays. Dean Hall just returned from New Zealand. I guess the updates will come more quickly from now on. And your argument is just false. The alpha has been out for less than 5 weeks and we have seen several patches. The average is even higher that one per week.

Edited by HellSnake
  • Like 2

I am looking forward to this patch! :)

Some great new things included and I am sure they will reveal more stuff very soon.

I hear people here, And I slightly understand. Dean has come all this way to make a MOD into a game, with the vision that THIS is the zombie survival sim the HE wants it to be, coming from a person who's in the range of History, with a pure vision I HAVE supreme trust in him. (They're not zombie's, it's not a sim, but we all know it's both, just apolitical terms) 

Dean has full control over the project, I'd imagine. Nothing gets past him, that Would/W-not be implemented. It's not like the coders and programmers are running rings around him, tricking him into adding unicorns. 

Dean is the Bean and always will be. 

Edited by DaveZ

Jesus almighty christ.

Lolololololol

You idiot!
  • Like 6

Jesus almighty christ.

Agreed. 

rubber banding fix? No.

netcode fix? No

animations fix? No.

But we have pink mosins and more shoe colors FUCK YEA! I LOVE YOU DEAN!

Jesus almighty christ.

Agreed. 

rubber banding fix? No.

netcode fix? No

animations fix? No.

Stop bitchin or i'm gonna have to feed you to the zombies!

Agreed. 

rubber banding fix? No.

netcode fix? No

animations fix? No.

15160-you-have-no-power-here_w_zps5f6690

• Like 4

Hi, We all love you DayZ Staff <3 The beta branch will be in some server in serverlist? Or Private server?

Thanx DayZ Staff 

AoLPoncho, they will first be released on the experimental servers (alpha test environment) sometime they think on Monday. Those are testing servers and not stable release servers. After they tweak everything and deem it suitable for stable, they will push the patch out to all of the stable servers (live server environment). They are adding private server support (fuck yes!), so the patch will be on both main hive and private hive servers alike.

They are thinking by next Friday it should be on stable, assuming nothing crazy game-breaking happens.

Edited by Gekkonidae

do something with combat logging!!! pleasee!!!

Jesus almighty christ.

FFS its not even been out for 5 weeks yet and there's has actually been 6 updates already (over the xmas/new years holidays don't forget). what did you expect? in beta by the 20th december and full release in January? how clueless can you be?

I've seen far to many of these stupid comments I really wish people took the advice not to buy this unless they wanted to be PART OF ITS DEVELOPMENT aka not expecting to be playing a full featured game for quite some time.

They put down a measly £20/$30 and all of a sudden assume they have the right to be rude to the developers (I own you now!) AND expect to dictate the games development schedule.

Pity there isn't an automatic response offering them 2 choices, the cash back or stfu.

As for these 1 time posters demanding vehicles... thats some other kind of special.

TO ALL PEOPLE DEMANDING SPECIFIC FIXES etc

Go play 1 of the other 10's of hundreds of pc games out there and come back in a month or 2.

Be realistic not entitled.

Edited by Turk
  • Like 9

Agreed. 

rubber banding fix? No.

netcode fix? No

animations fix? No.

Actually i think the change in how the teleport check is to combat rubber banding issues.

Jesus almighty christ.

Agreed. 

rubber banding fix? No.

netcode fix? No

animations fix? No.

It's amazing how many idiots there are that don't bother reading the description before buying an early access game, and then go and complain when things don't work.

It says on the store page very specifically not to buy this game, unless you are prepared to deal with a largely unfinished game. They also specify that it will take up to a year before they even reach Beta stage.

It's not practical to simply slap on hotfixes every fuckin week. As you run the risk of causing more problems down the line.

Secondly. IT IS A FUCKING ALPHA! Just because you payed money for it, does not entitle you to demand specific fixes. You can report the bugs you encounter. But being a whiny bitch is not productive to the development.

The dev team work in the pace that works best for them. Some things will require extensive work before it can be released. And rushing out fixes to please some whiny cunts, will just end up slowing down overall development

• Like 7