rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Why lower weapon spawns? It's already hard enough to find weapons. so this will most likely increase the server hopping.

I'ts WAAY to easy finding weapons, if you are lucky 10 mins is all you need, if you're unlucky it's just a matter of an hour. (self-found or if you managed to kill a fully geared person.)

Lowering the weapon spawns is a welcomed addition, ESPECIALLY the military weapons.

very nice work keep it rolling,

but the missing description & condition info of guns still bothers me, is this gonna be fixed as well with the next patch?

Edited by Brixxen

I agree with what most people have been saying. It states quite clearly before you buy the game that it  is an early alpha and not to buy unless you are prepared to put up with the issues associated  with an early alpha access. It also states when you log in that there are issues and fixes are forthcoming so be patient. This game was meant to be released Christmas 2012 but wasn't ready to compete with that so called rip off game of Warz which was a pile of crap. I've waited a whole year and followed all blogs / videos to see the progress of this game.  Yes I was a bit disappointed in what was released. I thought with a whole year that Dean would have been further ahead than the released version but these things time and money to get right. With over a million copies now sold the development team have the funds and  backing to get things sorted out. I too get fed of glitches like when joining a server and you fail to join correctly. You come out and join another server only to find you have lost all of your stuff and have to start again. You run miles to the nearest town. Start collecting things again only for a noob to kill you and having to spawn and start over again. So all I would say is be patient guys, patches have to be tried and tested before they get implemented or you end up with more problems.

Edited by The_Amigo

I'ts WAAY to easy finding weapons, if you are lucky 10 mins is all you need, if you're unlucky it's just a matter of an hour. (self-found or if you managed to kill a fully geared person.)

Lowering the weapon spawns is a welcomed addition, ESPECIALLY the military weapons.

Agreed now that the shotty spawns they have to reduce the spawning of M4s to balance things out. M4 should be high end ultra rare weaponry, and I hope the more they add other weapons the less M4s we see in the game.

• Like 2

nice update,

but one thing really bothers me:

this makes it almost impossible to retrieve your gear after dying far away from the cost.

also, findig corpses is one of the most important aspects of exploring imho  :(

You cannot retrieve your gear anyway right now as respawn doesn't work. You have to exit server and rejoin after dying. So it really makes no difference whatsoever

That's nice and all, but how about you fix the fucking game breaking attributes before you start adding more stuff in.  Like the No Clipping Zombies for example? The fact that the "Respawn" button doesn't work? Or falling through a metal railing and dying, or the sound bugs? Or the fact that you can't hear shots from like 1000 yards away ? Or death animation which looks stupid as hell for someone being shot ? Or the server lag?  I'm sure there's a shit load more issues that need to be addressed also other than the ones I've listed. 

I have to sort of agree. Alpha it is, but they need to fix the sound glitching and more importantly fix the "tries to take weapon out....equips, unequips, take weapon out ffs...ten minutes later...." that is sooooo annoying. New features are great but some attention needs to be paid to some of these game-breaking bugs.

Also...the gun sounds are absolutely terrible. They sound piss weak. I really hope this will get looked at.

Edited by Irenicus

I have to sort of agree. Alpha it is, but they need to fix the sound glitching and more importantly fix the "tries to take weapon out....equips, unequips, take weapon out ffs...ten minutes later...." that is sooooo annoying. New features are great but some attention needs to be paid to some of these game-breaking bugs.

Also...the gun sounds are absolutely terrible. They sound piss weak. I really hope this will get looked at.

Shooting a weapon is different when inside and outside. What you are accustomed to with games is having the loud dramatic indoor gun sounds all over the place. Realistically, if you are not inside or up against walls, gun shots are not nearly as loud.

• Like 1

One thing is that we are in the alpha and "we should be glad for anything new", but I sort of agree with the pink Mosin cry.. Tbh I understand, that even the art guy need to have some job, so we have new colours nad that (not so hard to imagine that, right?), another weapon and balancing of spawn is very nice, but something else would be more welcome.. almost anything, but working in development(not the game one) I understand, that when you have 100 tasks ahead of you, knowing in advance how hard what task is, you will do some that might not be prioritized, before others, because you can't release something for two months, even if it's the most crucial thing :) Fixing the most annoying things won't be easy, so we can't get fixes 1+2/100 in two months, people would go mad.. then in other two months 3-100/100 :) I hope you see my point, so I am trying to be optimistic here )

To be honest, they could have taken the money and went to vacation :) You read the alpha thing, right ? ) 

Have a nice weekend

Fuck guys, you don't understand what is game development, you complain "AHHH I want ruberbanding fix, and zombies fix, and everything iz broken, right now, u r not working HUUR DURR, I paid for this game and I want all issues fixed with one update, and I want this game to b released tommorow, with cars, and gunz, and aliens, and laser guns, but why they didn't do that already, WTF, to make all this things, don't they just need to press a button "called fix the game"?"

Is that what i see about some of you guys.

• Like 1

Focus on optimization and Zombies before adding content.

You have to understand, that, there are specific people to do specific jobs, you cant ask to someone who is working with the guns, to work with fix bugs, because it's not his area, is the same to in the movies, if you have a problem with especial effects, the director wont ask help for the sound guy. Got it?

• Like 2

Obviously those thing will get fixed eventually. But every team member does different things. For instance the art guy working on like the Mosin repaints, can't exactly be shuffled over to the sound department to speed up the fixing of the sound bugs, as that is not his area of expertise.

This is how the process of game development works.

Some things will take longer than other things. Like adding new features is generally easier than tracking down and fixing bugs sometimes.

Hopefully with the huge sales success they will be able to hire extra developers to help speed things up. But such a process can be quite slow. As it's not always easy finding qualified developers. Not to mention that they also have to spend time adjusting to the work environment and game engine. 

Plus having more personnel adds to management difficulties.

• Like 1

Yeah... thank you for the spray paint... Now if we can be serious again, why don't you rather focus on Zombies (remember? those guys who are supposed to be deadly, dangerous, scary...oh and the game is called after them) 

and server hopping and combat logging...

Shooting a weapon is different when inside and outside. What you are accustomed to with games is having the loud dramatic indoor gun sounds all over the place. Realistically, if you are not inside or up against walls, gun shots are not nearly as loud.

I'm sure the weapon sounds will be tweaked in due time.

However, gonna have to disagree with part of what ya said there bro. Had the A2 in the Army, and own an M4 6920 now. They're plenty loud, indoors and out.  Especially with 5.56 M193/M855 (not commercial .223).

experimental?! experimental for gods sake?! Where is all effort from the HUUUGE amount of money you have made dean?! are you just another scammer? doing coke and waterskiing? 

• Like 1

The hell is this 10 minutes bullshit?! We need at least an hour I've had gunfights that have lasted longer, finding bodies has always been one of the most rewarding random experiences and you're taking that away... wtf.

• Like 3

Dude I am using a high end surround system which can literally shake the windows and roof in my house. The guns are very very quiet no matter what. It has nothing to do with "what I am used to" which you don't have any insight into. I am used to Arma II and Arma III which have pretty damn amazing sounds, even without ACE (which makes things even better) and the gunshots will scare you on my sound system. Which is not just about volume btw, it is just extremely high quality audio.  Fact is in the mod the guns sound like pea shooters and really don't scare me at all.

Edited by Irenicus

Obviously those thing will get fixed eventually. But every team member does different things. For instance the art guy working on like the Mosin repaints, can't exactly be shuffled over to the sound department to speed up the fixing of the sound bugs, as that is not his area of expertise.

This is how the process of game development works.

Some things will take longer than other things. Like adding new features is generally easier than tracking down and fixing bugs sometimes.

Hopefully with the huge sales success they will be able to hire extra developers to help speed things up. But such a process can be quite slow. As it's not always easy finding qualified developers. Not to mention that they also have to spend time adjusting to the work environment and game engine. 

Plus having more personnel adds to management difficulties.

I agree. I was simply stating what I feel needs to be done. I think development will start to accelerate very soon. I believe in Dean and don't really care for all the hate he gets, As far as I'm concerned he has always  had a vision for what the game should be and I have confidence that I am going to enjoy and love the game throughout the development process and beyond.

I still think however, that some things could use some attention, like the sound glitches. Or even very small things like the you are dead screen. At least in the mod we had a nice picture. A small thing I know, but it's also something that would take literally 5 minutes to do.

• Like 1

Hey Rocket! Why are we not working on The MAJOR bugs????? Like logging in Randomly on a Fresh char when u never died on your char! and like not being able to use equipment or pull your Gun or anything sometimes?????