rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

I dont like Chris Roberts, but... Look what he created with our money. Bought bigger buildings with big conference rooms, bought more than 50 programers and is informating us every few days with videos and posts.

What is Dean Hall doing with our money? Hanging around with 5 programers, going to holidays, no news.

What is Dean Hall doing with OUR money? since when is it our money didn't you buy his game and receive it in return? 

This is not kickstarter, you are not funding this project you bought a product, do you demand to know what coke and mcdonalds do with "our" money as well?

Wow some people think they're so entitled, learn business as you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by twingunz
  • Like 2

10min for dead bodies to despawn feels a bit short. 30min would have felt a bit more reasonable.

Part of the fun is finding a recent battle/massacare, with several bodies all over the place. Which act as a bit of a warning to others to stay away.

Or use them as bate ;)

Clap your hands fanboys...  For the develeopers... 

Are you kidding me? Who cares the Mosin's color guys? We have more serious deficiencies:

- Game graphics are not stable.

- BattlEye is not stable.

- Hundreds of players cannot play game because of lag&desync problems.

- Server Hopping and Combat Log.

- Characters are resetting for no reason!

- Duping items and characters.

- There are many of graphic bugs in the game.

- Game sounds are monotonous and have bugs.

- Only 40 players on a huge map (And no vehicles!)

- Amount of zombies?

- Areas where we can store our items are needed. (For example, tents or holes in ground.)

- There are not team play, and in group interaction tools. Game turned into "run baby run story".

- Where is the survivability? Nature? Hunting? Animals?

Of course I know, this is alpha and you need time...But your priority is, shoes? Spawn and run... Everyone was bored. People are just lurking and waiting in somewhere on the map. This is a simulation, and needs to teamwork. But How? How can be? How can players organize in a base?

We support you still.. But we are waiting true steps from you. We need to fix the basic structure of game. Nevermind the makeup!

Hopefully, you'll get it as a constructive criticism.

Good Luck.
  • Like 4

Are you kidding me? Who cares the Mosin's color guys? We have more serious deficiencies:

- Amount of zombies?

- Areas where we can store our items are needed. (For example, tents or holes in ground.)

- There are not team play, and in group interaction tools. Game turned into "run baby run story".

Of course I know, this is alpha and you need time...But your priority is, shoes? Spawn and run... Everyone was bored. People are just lurking and waiting in somewhere on the map. This is a simulation, and needs to teamwork. But How? How can be? How can players organize in a base?

We support you still.. But we are waiting true steps from you. We need to fix the basic structure of game. Nevermind the makeup!

Good Luck.

i don't think you understand what people are hired for, do you really think an animator is going to be working on fixing core systems? or just stop all of his work because something else that is not his task is broken? no, he is not he's going to do his job that he is paid to do which in his case would be animate, just like everyone else will continue to do.

Core issues are resolved by the people paid to resolve them can you imagine if 10+ guys from different departments that don't know what they're doing were all trying to solve desync issues at once, that'd be a mess and be more time wasteful than resourceful.

The fact this update has a load of different content shows everyones working hard and doing their job and the game isn't coming to a stand still which fixing all the issues you mentioned and stopping people working on their designated jobs would cause the game to come to a stand still, do you really want that?

• Like 9

- Amount of zombies?

Good Luck.

Nice try, sergey

Edited by Bat
  • Like 3

i don't think you understand what people are hired for, do you really think an animator is going to be working on fixing core systems? or just stop all of his work because something else that is not his task is broken? no, he is not he's going to do his job that he is paid to do which in his case would be animate, just like everyone else will continue to do.

Core issues are resolved by the people paid to resolve them can you imagine if 10+ guys from different departments that don't know what they're doing were all trying to solve desync issues at once, that'd be a mess and be more time wasteful than resourceful.

The fact this update has a load of different content shows everyones working hard and doing their job and the game isn't coming to a stand still which fixing all the issues you mentioned and stopping people working on their designated jobs would cause the game to come to a stand still, do you really want that?

Game construction process has priorities. And someone has to manage it. A stable game is better than an overstated game.

Edited by Totomushen

We need vehicles !  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o 

it's not a small task, so i wouldn't expect them anytime soon.

This looks promising!  Ready to try some new things out and get sucked into DayZ for another week! :D

The one thing I am looking very forward to being implemented is definitely the ability to store items!  I get bored policing the coast all the time and want a reason to move more inland!

Is it just me, or do all the Experimental servers reset your characters? Also, it seems that literally every single building is looted, I can't even find rotten fruit or clothes.

Hold somebody up, have a pink spray dose in your backpack, hand cuff them, feed them a rotten kiwi and spray theri mosin pink and take their pants ... muahahahahaha :rolleyes:

This is an allstar post  :thumbsup:

I'll be trying this on someone.

fix the randoom death bug man!

appropriate typo. randoom -> random doom

Branch:

• Experimental

ETA:

• Monday 20 January 2014, AM

Description:

This build is being tested on experimental branch, and contains a number of fixes and changes that have been in preparation for the last two weeks. Please note that we do not expect that this build will be quickly posted to stable branch as we anticipate at least one more update will occur to Experimental prior to being pushed to stable. Only a limited number of servers will be running this version, so be aware slots may be limited. Once we have confirmed this build is functioning correctly we will announce more information about the release to stable branch.

• What are experimental/stable branches?

In your steam application settings, you can choose a "beta branch". This allows you to opt in to our experimental branch to try it out.

• Does my saved character get affected in experimental branch?

No. It runs on a different database, so any changes will not affect your character on stable branch.

• I can't find a slot while on experimental branch!

Only a small number of servers run this branch. You will need to change your game back to the stable branch and play on a normal server

• Can I join a stable branch server wil experimental branch client?

No, you would need to change your client back to stable.

• When will this be in stable?

We expect stable to be updated before the end of that week (by Friday 24 January 2014).

Fixed:

• Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
  • Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
  • Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
  • Balanced stomach capacity,
  • Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
  • Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants

• Version number in server browser and details
  • Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood
  • Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick
  • Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
  • Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
  • Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.

• Magnum speedloader should be spawning now

• Number of backpacks spawning lowered

• Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.

• Number of M4A1s spawning lowered

• Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

• Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine

New:

• Editable character name in main menu
  • Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
  • Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
  • DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
  • Signature verification against PBOs
  • Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns

• Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns

• Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns

• Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns

• Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

• Added shotgun into loot spawns

• Berry picking
  • Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
  • Saw-off shotgun recipe
  • Opening cans with saw
  • Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
  • Added spraypaint can into loot spawns

• Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

how about the randoom death bug?

- Amount of zombies?

Good Luck.

My game is fine and I can wait for proper optimisation because I know it will come eventually.

I want content because the game lacks it, without content; the game gets stale and when the game gets stale the players will move on to play other things. Get it?

Now buzz off little fly.

• Like 3

Yay, updates!

I'm sad we'll have to wait until the arse end of next week for them, but it's something to look forward to at least.

We need vehicles !  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o 

Yes, and they will be added when they're ready. Patience is a virtue...

• Like 4

What kind of savage would paint their Mosin Nagant??

You're right! But what about wraping some rags around Mosin? For good ole WW2 style and a bit of camo.

• Like 2