ianaconda

-=BEARDS=-

Beards?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. How should beards be added?

• Start clean shaven and players grow beards over time.
    • Beards or clean shaven should be selected at character creation.

Beards - Yes.

Beard Growth over time - Yes.

Wait.. What about Female toons?

Bras. =Boobies. Also, hair growth would do. I guess styling options could be added?

This can be two birds with one stone.  A lot of people want a reward for staying alive longer.  The longer you live, the longer your beard can get.  Amazing!

• Like 1

Just noticed that Kelly in part 2 of the Arma 3 campaign develops the makings of a fine beard. Maybe it's a DirectX 11 thing...

Beans!

Also razors, and the ability to shave restrained people.

Yes.

Hair/beard growth by length of life would be so epic.

Bumping into a dude/chick with a massive beard/super long locks would be so much freakier.

And of course cut and/or style with any sharp object/blade.

Bayonnet mohawk FTW.

Feist-How-Come-You-Never-Go-There-Music-

feist2.jpg

• Like 1

Glad I found there is a thread about this already. Great ideas.
I was gonna post something suggesting beards grow over time? And so giving a visual effect of the old 'x days' survived we had in the mod. The more days go by the longer your stubble->beard becomes. Plus we could use the razors for shaving styles if we so choose... 

Edit - ok I see it's already suggested above. Strong work !

Edited by Richard III in Leicester

Would be cool to see some kinda system put in place for this..  :thumbsup:

I don't care if this has been reposted a million times. I don't care if every thread on here is about a beard.

This idea must never, ever die.

• Like 1

Maybe someone should ask Chris Torchia about this idea. He is Lead Artist on DayZ after all.  :D https://twitter.com/ctorchia

I bet he could create some sweet looking BEARDS for DayZ

Edited by lDeel
  • Like 1

how about?: choose a beard style in charackter selection. but this beard must grow over time.

win win :D

• Like 4

I like second option. No one said that all male surivals alway been shaved before get to Charnorus. Some people like have have beards or are lazy and dont shave... like me.

how about?: choose a beard style in charackter selection. but this beard must grow over time.

0f0.gif

• Like 2

But what about the female charakters. maybe the hair on the legs will grow and it will swell out of their trousers?^^

or the breasts will grow if they survive longer? i prefer that ;)

Women could start with very clean makeup on their face and would slowly become more smudged and natural looking overtime

I don't care if this has been reposted a million times. I don't care if every thread on here is about a beard.

This idea must never, ever die.

Was it you that got Chris to tweet about beards? If so congratulations.

Women could start with very clean makeup on their face and would slowly become more smudged and natural looking overtime

Not sure if good/ bad.

In character selection you can choose some stubble in odd shapes of some beards, once you have a razor you could quickly select trim beard to get rid of anything that wasn't originally stubble.

At any time with the razor/ scissors you can choose to change your beard style and then trim to achieve the desired look.

Your beard would continue to grow at all times, with 2hr game time equating to a day? Or have it grow with real life days passing by, but that would give you new spawns that haven't logged on in a month Gandalf beards.

• Like 1

Good Idea.

it should be on server time only and it should be 1:1 So that 24hr on server playing will give you one days growth.

Good Idea.

it should be on server time only and it should be 1:1 So that 24hr on server playing will give you one days growth.

24 hrs is still ages to survive, hoe much growth we talking about?

For me, ide prefer to choose my appearance. Choices are ideal. So having the beard grow over time, and not having a choice isnt as good in my opinion.

WHAT ABOUT THE LADIES?!?!?!? lol..great suggestion :)

Ladies get their eyebrows thicker and also mustaches. Found this photo online as a proof.

lbs3rwF.jpg

• Like 2