ianaconda

-=BEARDS=-

Beards?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. How should beards be added?

• Start clean shaven and players grow beards over time.
    • Beards or clean shaven should be selected at character creation.

Option of long hair would be awesome too.

post-194006-0-17065800-1399117676_thumb.

Imagine teaming up with/being her!

Edited by fractal.design

One of the most important thing for survival game is - BEARD

If someone see full bearded guy he should know that he survived long in this world 

• Like 1

thats the best suggestion ive ever seen in this forums!

BEARDS ROCKIN DAYZ :thumbsup:

u got my beans! :beans:

Progressive beard growth would be a great way to tell how long a person has been surviving for :)

+1

and long hair for female characters ?

I like the idea but...

I find it strange that this thread gets a ton of activity, but discussions about how zeds should behave, whether we want sneak attacks, ways to improve the storage system, ways to improve the crafting system etc. get 2-3 pages of bickering.

Aesthetics-only character customization is cool, but probably the least important aspect of most games. Gameplay related character customisation (weaponry, clothing etc.) should definitely come first. Imagine if GameFreak had focused on finishing the character clothing customization in Pokemon X and Y before finishing the battle system. It's about prioritising the must-haves over things like this. (sorry for the bad example, but best I could think of)

Before we focus our suggestions on what are realistically finishing touches to a complete game, we should focus our suggestions on things like hunting, scavenging, fighting, zombies, player interaction and everything that actually makes the game a game. If we focus on stuff like this, the forum is basically rendered useless.

THAT SAID... I like the beard idea and I would love to see it in the finished game! Longer hair would also be a nice addition...

p.s. it has already been said but this topic was already brought up at least once before to my knowledge... that makes this thread an even bigger waste of time, as everything we hash out here has already been hashed out at least once before.

Edited by 11tw

I find it strange that this thread gets a ton of activity, but discussions about how zeds should behave, whether we want sneak attacks, ways to improve the storage system, ways to improve the crafting system etc. get 2-3 pages of bickering.

e5kaum6wy6e.jpg

;)

Beards are cool, dude.

Beards are not really considered by the DEVs, so the Community needs to bump and be active about this topic.

However, Zeds WILL 100% be reworked. The DEVs already stated this. So suggesting this isn't reaaaaly necessary ;)

(But HOW the updated Zeds will work can still be influenced by the Comm.)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

e5kaum6wy6e.jpg

;)

Beards are cool, dude.

Beards are not really considered by the DEVs, so the Community needs to bump and be active about this topic.

However, Zeds WILL 100% be reworked. The DEVs already stated this. So suggesting this isn't reaaaaly necessary ;)

(But HOW the updated Zeds will work can still be influenced by the Comm.)

[please read this post in an accent like a dubbed kungfu film and it might all make sense]

In fact we can now reveal that irishroy has a thing about beards because he is is hiding out after fleeing from

... The Cultural Revolution

(irishroy is the guy kneeling on the far right)

2ue4gia.jpg

He has disguised himself, but we have established beyond doubt he looks like this:

identikit

mrq5u.jpg

known appearance before escape

2r2xb1f.jpg

most probable current disguise

161l5r7.jpg

Notice that in all 3 pictures, and also his icon, the fugitive has NO real beard hardly.

This is conclusive evidence of his attempt to disguise himself and evade

... The Cultural Revolution

Do NOT let this player come into contact with a BEARD under any circumstances, he is dangerous enough all-leady!

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Oh shit, he found my secret!

My+life+in+a+gif_97dec6_5085525.gif

But I have to admit, I'd prefer a revolution like this much more

chinamanisnottheissue.jpgwalter-lenin.jpgchinesepropaganda.jpg

http://dudeism.com/

;)

I must run, run and find another disguise ;)

96112-bunny-run-away-gif-Imgur-MO1Z.gif

Do NOT let this player come into contact with a BEARD under any circumstances

This sounds like I would explode or smth. like that, if I would touch a beard :3

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

..//..

This sounds like I would explode or smth. like that, if I would touch a beard :3

Do not fear  -  young Hero

one day you too may have

- very dangerous beard!

hvc46w.jpg

like this   - hai - 

Edited by pilgrim

I want in game beards. I also want a thick sharpie to write on my captive's face, a half bottle of Jim Beam, a tube of astroglide, a sturdy crowbar, and two very close friends.

crafting

knife + beard = clean shaven

knife + mirror + beard = choice of beard styles

knife + captive = remove eyebrows/remove mustache/remove beard/remove all hair (scroll options).

In the good old dayz at parties the weak would lose an eyebrow or two. Should be funnier in Dayz than real life.

Hilarious to see recently captured funny looking dudes running about. Hair would obviously grow back over time.

Regards, Craig.

"DayZ: the cutthroat survival slash hair growing simulator"

New achievement unlocked!: ruthless barber.

Handcuff another player and then shave off his manliness.

New achievement unlocked!: mr handlebar.

Survive the apocalypse for 300 hours without being captured or getting a haircut. (Feature unlock: glorious handlebar mustache)

Was thinking about the suggestion that the longer your character has survived the bigger beard you'll get.
If you'd add the way it grows, by like if your character has killed alot of players in its life, the messier the hair and beard would get.
And make like five six different types.
Hero = controlled hair.
Bandit = messy, torn hair.

That would be like if a hero-ish guy moves up on me I'd notice that he looks nicer, more reliable and the bandit would look more evil and unreliable.
It would change how you look dependant of the different choices you make in game.

Again one of those "let's try to find something against bandits" posts... I really can't see them anymore. It seems people somehow try to find a way to stop people from killing each other, no matter how weird that idea is (why should you get messy hair if you kill people???). There's been the insanity level, mental health, visible attributes...

This will not solve the problem! You'd rather have to ask the question; why are people killing each other? My answer to this question is, I think it's because life in DayZ isn't dangerous enough, so people get bored. If we wait until the game becomes more complex, zombies more dangerous and life harder, the problem will solve itself.

I like the beard growing idea though, maybe women should become long hair (men too maybe). It would be so badass to run around with long messy hair and a manly beard...

I think it's because life in DayZ isn't dangerous enough, so people get bored.

I like the beard growing idea though, maybe women should become long hair (men too maybe). It would be so badass to run around with long messy hair and a manly beard...

Yes to both.  I really, really hope they improve the zombies a vast amount... and then add tons of them... and I just love the idea of being able to change hair styles to add more personality to your character.  I expect to see some Mad Max style apocalypto-punk stuff :D

That would be like if a hero-ish guy moves up on me I'd notice that he looks nicer, more reliable 

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 3

Again one of those "let's try to find something against bandits" posts... I really can't see them anymore. It seems people somehow try to find a way to stop people from killing each other, no matter how weird that idea is (why should you get messy hair if you kill people???). There's been the insanity level, mental health, visible attributes...

This will not solve the problem! You'd rather have to ask the question; why are people killing each other? My answer to this question is, I think it's because life in DayZ isn't dangerous enough, so people get bored. If we wait until the game becomes more complex, zombies more dangerous and life harder, the problem will solve itself.

I think its funny you think banditry is a "problem" :P ... besides the fact OP isn't saying bandits should be hit with some negative attribute as punishment for their deeds, simply a visual difference but this has its own issues.  I've always thought it would be nice to have "bandit" and "hero" skins but unless some sort of working self defense system was put in it would be pointless.  The need to defend yourself shouldn't make you a bandit but with a system that simple thats what happens, you're branded with a visual cue when it wasn't justified.  I do indeed like the beard idea as far as the longer you live the more you can grow (if you choose to not shave it off) but there are for sure far more important things to attend to and it shouldn't have anything to do with labeling people a bandit.

• Like 1

I think its funny you think banditry is a "problem" :P

Well for me it isn't, I should have written it like you ("problem"). I'm referring to the "problem" some people have with bandits. They keep seeking for "solutions", which somehow make a bandits life harder (identification, insanity).

If you'd be a bandit and everyone could tell you're one because of the beard (or whatever), you'd try to get rid of that "hint" which shows you've killed some people, because with the hint other people, are more likely to kill you immediately since they think you might kill them as well. This is clearly a disadvantage for bandits (the so called "solution" some people seek for their "problem").

In real life your only way to find out if someone is trying to kill you or not is to judge that persons behavior, I think that's the way it should stay in DayZ.

Maybe I should add that I'm not bandit in the game and I always try to communicate with others, but I think creating disadvantages for bandits takes out some excitement of the game. It's not the same to try to communicate with someone if you already know if that person is dangerous or not... ;)

Additionally, what if a bandit attacks you and you manage to defend yourself (which basically means killing him), you'd be "marked" as a bandit even though you aren't one...

Edited by degude

yep that would so work...handcuffing someone then cutting his facial hair into something odd....or cutting his hair off completely...almost like making there general apperence different or even given the option to add facial tattoo`s, so clans could tell differences from players, or even giving a players a custom option to customize some of there character in finer details like maybe adding clan tags to shoulders or backpacks? or even letting players being able to hold auctions? or a central server with a none kill zone for players to come to trade and such?

thumps up for beards ... yeah, only for men. the shaving option is not that important to me, that can be left to the modders.

1280px-Castro_sign.jpg

The poster says:

<< FIGHT AGAINST THE IMPOSSIBLE AND WIN >>

I thought that seemed right for DayZ

And this is also a plug for THE NEED FOR BEARDS, naturally

Edited by pilgrim

Well you guys wanted something to make characters life valuable. This is it. 

@Awruk

If that atrocity is a woman, I'm an actual Kryptonian. 

Edited by General Zod