ianaconda

-=BEARDS=-

Beards?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. How should beards be added?

• Start clean shaven and players grow beards over time.
    • Beards or clean shaven should be selected at character creation.

So I saw some other topics about beards and stuff but I think I got a pretty neat idea for it. Basicly you spawn clean shaved and the longer your charecter stays alive you start growing facial hair, players can choose the type of beard or hair (or w/e you wanna call it) in the charecter creation menu. Offcourse you will be able to shave your self but if you use lets stay a badly damaged razer blade you can cut your self and you will start bleeding a little on your face. Maybe if they add shaving cream (not sure the exact name) and using this with a razer blade will decrease the chance of cutting yourself.

Hope you like my idea and I cant wait to see beards IG :)!

yeah I would love to have a way for the character to be scarred and rough looking I would have hair to my waist and a beard just as long and never bathe. I would keep my clothes dirty and grimey looking. but underneath in my inventory is a 357. and among all the hair is a pristine m4. by the way love the idea.i would like to add I hope they add limping after you heal broken limbs. maybe after a few days it acts fine(healed) that would be cool.

Great idea, it would give us a way to tell who has been alive for a long time by the size of their beard, I know me and my squad would get a kick out of this! :)  :beans:

Okay, this might sound a little silly but when you think about it it's actually quite a cool idea.

Atm obvs it's impossible to tell how long any character you kill has been alive for. To some people the length of time their character has been alive is seen as some kind of trophy but unfortunately they have no way of proving it.

BUT, what if you could tell the age of male characters by the length of their facial hair (and maybe even their actual hair)? (And maybe female characters by the length of the hair on their head).

article-2351797-1A94C3FD000005DC-278_634

As a bambi everyone starts off clean-shaven (or short hair as a female). As you survive longer and longer in the wasteland you're character would naturally become scrubbier and this could be used to tell how long you've survived for. I'm not an expert but I can't imagine that updating your character's face model after say every 12 hours or so survived in game would be too difficult?

I just think this would add to the game's immersive feeling and also give those long time survivalists something to show for their hard work :P + Also this would kind of reward these survivors for surviving so long by making them more camouflaged!

What do you think?

Edited by tatchell
  • Like 2

Beards are a good idea everyone seems to like. You could find a razor as loot and shave them off too. Or use a knife.

• Like 2

33465w2.gif

Chuck Norris is an awful human being.

Also this idea has been suggested before and I quite like it. I think it'd only be viable with a faster day/night cycle, however. Would be pretty weird to go from baby face to Brian Blessed in an afternoon.

i play as a female character.

this does nothing for me.

Do the curtains match the drapes?

i play as a female character.

this does nothing for me.

Hair length?

article-2117592-123FD051000005DC-926_634

Edited by tatchell
  • Like 1

I like the idea... but ... seems problematic. Been on this life a while now and wouldn't want to be tripping over My hair.

Why has nobody mentioned to the guy how many times this has been brought up already?...

• Like 1

suggested before, and its a good idea.

Pretty sure this has already been planned for the future whence the game is closer to completion. Option of choosing facial hair/ hair cuts and possibly growing beards/scruff over time. All has been discussed before and like I said, pretty sure the Devs will be implementing closer to game completion.

Dean just approve beards at Rezzed 2014 :lol:

Literally the last question he answers from the puppet dude:

Not really a confirmation, and did not hint at growth over time :/ But sounds positive!

Why has nobody mentioned to the guy how many times this has been brought up already?...

i think its ok to brought the good ideas again and again

i think its ok to brought the good ideas again and again

If you think something is a good idea you shouldn't create a new topic about it. Instead, you should post in one of the other 10000 beard topics.