ianaconda

-=BEARDS=-

Beards?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. How should beards be added?

• Start clean shaven and players grow beards over time.
    • Beards or clean shaven should be selected at character creation.

Come on B.I., 16 pages and 170 beans on the first post. The people has spoken and now this is a must!

• Like 1

You just understood what i said , adding growing bear is USELESS and just retard the developement and then no one will shave because it use time and place (razor) . Look what do you choose betwen a can of tuna and a razor ? (useless)

Shaving beards are useless in the game. Better make this confortable and add this on the character selection . (sry again for my english)

Don't underestimate the power of aesthetics. When people invest in a character like they do in DayZ (once they've been alive a while), then people will value the way they look.

Both options are good.  I'd like to start with a beard and have it grow longer over time.

^

To the guy saying razors would be useless: I can see many uses for a razor in a survival situation. And an added use if you listen exclusively to Linkin Park, as well.
We could have disposable razors and/or cut-throat razors, you can craft with them, use the cutthroat as a weapon, they could degrade from pristine to rusty to broken, and of course, you can style or remove your beard

I'm for a second option. Growing beard over time without being able to shave yourself or make a facial you like wouldn't be fun.

If you really go with grow over time option make us be able set on start what type of beard would you go for. Not everyone has the same beard and seeing that would soon become dull.

So I saw this picture pass on Reddit and I went looking for a mustage/beard suggestion topic and found this one.

15257478504_eedc5b7a25_c.jpg

This needs to be ingame. It should grow overtime(3-4 fases). As suggested you should be able to craft different mustages/beards after a certain character age(full beard after 24 in-game hours?) with a razor and mirror.

This could be a reason for people to try and stay alive longer.

This won't show if a person is good or ba(n)d(it) just that he's been able to stay alive for a long time.

Me and my friend were talking about this while playing the other day. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if your characters beard got longer as you played , of course you would have the option to shave and all. It would just be so great!

if growing beards are added,you have to be able to shave it ,and same for hair!mohawk style yeah!!!!lol!

for sure if you can shave your own beard ,you can also cut others hair while they are restrained,or if they liked to be shaves by others ...

i just see the multi purpose barrel and i was thinking bleach ...being able to change color of your hair or beard color?

look at my pic i got a nice readbeard!!!:)

Didn't the devs state that the engine cannot do this? Wouldn't mind having some more facial futures, though, especially as I have a goatee myself :P

Not sure if anyone has thought of this, but due to how they like this game to feel realistic, wouldn't it be nice that once your beard grows in after a period of time and you decide to go clean shaven or to give yourself that great looking goatee; that you would have to find a a.) A razor, b.)soap/some kind of natural shave cream, and c.)a canteen of water/pond/creek/water pump, and then you could select a beard or goatee style of your choice!!!

If this was said already apologies. It's late and barely awake and just thought of this spiffy idea!

Sincerely,

Zer0Bs Gaming

Both! I'd like to choose. Some men already have beard! Also if I choose a short beard, my character should grow it longer over time. Starting clean shaven is kinda lame. If DayZ is designed so players can survive longer, then growing beard is practical, otherwise we all die before even growing a beard. What about hair? We should be able to grow hair too!

Nice seeing all these young clean faces with nice short haircuts, but ..here's a dumb idea:

How about having your face like any other piece of equipment? So faces are -

- pristine

- worn

- damaged

- badly damaged

hu?  then you'd need sticking plaster or a razor to get your face back up a level

just for variety

xx

Didn't the devs state that the engine cannot do this? Wouldn't mind having some more facial futures, though, especially as I have a goatee myself :P

if there was such a statement, it was a copout. a gameengine isnt a monolithic entity, its a conglomerate of systems. so while it may be true for the current iteration of the game, there is no reasonable explanation why character appearance cannot change over character lifetime based on character lifetime alone.

• Like 1

Can't wait for beards.  Been waiting since they were part of the original character concepts.  I started growing mine after I took a job working in an industrial freezer (aerospace business), it keeps my face warm better than any clothing I've ever worn, and haven't chapped my lips once.  Tough to drink coffee, though.

I want beards to be the Tomogachi of DayZ.  The unshaven shape is determined by how you mess with it (basically random), and the hair color is a mishmash of genetics.  My beard is a bit more blonde than my head, with red and black hairs mixed in.  You'll just have to live long enough to see what you got.

if the devs want the game more Survival than PvP this would be one great step towards it...i would do my best to get a ZZ Top. i would steer clear from PvP.. i would only kill if it was totaly needed and i were cornered.

if the devs want the game more Survival than PvP this would be one great step towards it...i would do my best to get a ZZ Top. i would steer clear from PvP.. i would only kill if it was totaly needed and i were cornered.

A lot of people get their kicks by sabotaging the hard work of other players in DayZ. That big ol' beard would make you a high priority target for a lot of people. ;)

Yep we need beards growing according to the hours alive.

We not only need different beard styles but also the option to put in ribbons, beads, bows and so on, crafted from shirts and animal bones.

vNPgJpv.jpg

aCVRrLu.jpg

:D

• Like 2

I'd prefer a balance where our beards do grow over time, but we can also choose any style to start with at character creation. If you always start clean shaven then facial hair just becomes another aspect of the game where there is one end goal/best option, and I'd rather have it as an option for customization/personalization than that.

Plus from the standpoint of realism, wouldn't some people have had beards before the apocalypse and simply retained them while surviving?