Bohannan (DayZ)

I dont understand why there is no AUTO RUN KEY!!!

cause some people actually feel like, I dunno, playing the game

Holdind down w is definition of playing the game!

cause some people actually feel like, I dunno, playing the game

If we dont't press the W we are not playing the game. The W is the different between playing the game and not playing the game. The W is what gaming is all about.

• Like 1

there defintely should be a auto run key. most games that have this amount of traveling have it.

Oh my god kids these days without creativity. I take a stick of gum and put it over my "W" key and have it stuck under the "S" key so that it is sprinting until I take the gum off.

SMH

thats fucking disgusting.

I've invested maybe 6 years in World of Warcraft with in total maybe 2 years total played time. *sad I know*

WoW has an auto run key. and Blizzard sells VASTLY more games than Bohemia... point in question. don't tell ya granny how to suck eggs.

go tell the number 1 players in WoW that they don't "play the game" cos they use auto run.. watch the backlash

We don't discuss my /played on wow. That said, blizzard doesent sell games, they sell loot, and more things leading to more loot.

All you do in every endgame spot they've had to date is get loot. People like loot.

Honestly, in a game where the split second it takes to get your hand back on WASD and react after unexpectedly meeting a bandit while auto-running could cost you all of your progress I really don't see why anyone would want to use an auto-run key.

You can run from Krastinov to Kamenka in less than 50 minutes, so I highly doubt anyone has been holding W for that long...

Its simple because I'd use autorun in forests while I get served lol or do something else for the next two three minutes. Or did all of you forget how long it takes to climb a tiny little hill on grass in UAZ because all dat grass slow vehicle to staggering 10km hr?

appreciate the concern of us being shot while running in the middle of the highway on with macro engaged but if somebody is really that silly they deserve to be shot and run over  :D

I remember that we could use the steam overlay in the mod to autorun. Too bad it does'nt work in the standalone :(

I'll give you one, nay, two!

-It's an anti-game.

-It's a game meant to kick casuals in the ass and make them uninstall.

Edit: Three:

-Most of the community seems to be against it. Solved.

It's really not an anti-game any more, but whether it is or not is irrelevant; it's still a video game. Also, there's nothing anti-casual about it when most people use a macro or a coin anyway. As for people being against it, tough shit, it's completely optional and doesn't detract from anybody's gameplay experience in any meaningful way.

For me we defo need this. The plethora of make shift solutions just proves that. It could be restricted somehow, either trough the stamina system punishing you, or a simple you can only auto-run for 3 mins then you have to hit it again. Anything to save that tendon in my wrist burning from holding the damn W key.

It would just make the experience more user friendly (I know, not exactly the dayz ethos), and stop all the improvised ways of achieving it. Also if you don't want it....no problem....unbind and forget :)

Why I want an auto-run-key:

• Gives me a little time to roll things I wanna smoke
  • Get something to drink/eat
  • Go to the bathroom
  • Relax left hand
  • Good for the durability of the keyboard

I could do it wih a macro or somehow block the "W" key but:

• I'm too lazy
  • My keyboard might take damage
  • I'll have stuff lying around on my desk
  • My keyboard doesn't support macro
  • Are macros legal to use?

Why people don't want me to have a dedicated auto-run-key:

• I could get killed while running around
  • It's not realistic
  • Promotes AFK
  • The devs said so and therefore it's engraved in stone
  • There is no point in having that option

WTF! Give me an auto-run-key!

And most of all....the main objection to most Idea´s in this forum

No matter what you want or need if i don´t want it or need it then is can´t be in the Game and it does not matter that this or a other feature don´t handicapped me. 

I Don´t want it! It can´t be there!

Edited by DaGolem

I remember in battlefield 2 or later games the sticky key was activated with dedicated chat keys ( squad, team, global ) and it would keep walking or driving for you while being able to adjust direction with a mouse.

So what I'm saying is we could do the same and bound it to our chat key

It's probably been requested before, I know I wish for it every time I play. Most actions in dayz have toggles, can running please have one? 

There is no real gameplay value to having to hold down W. 

• Like 20

I have a microsoft sidewinder, Has a little dude running as one of the keys, Hold w, or Double tap then hold, And Press it, It lights up, Wala, Autorun. ;)

• Like 1

A simple Match Stick  ;)

5FE0594A-3B29-47BA-90EF-BE8840EC1F24_zps

Lol, he's got a macro keyboard with a matchstick shoved in the key.  Why not use the macros?

I've got a MS sidewinder keyboard and it's got a bizillion different programmable macros but the only thing I actually use on it is the built-in auto-run key.

Definitely wish for this every time I play.. I don't have a mechani al keyboard so I can't jam Shit between the keys.

A real marathon simulator like DayZ should rather implement QWOP-like controls for running.

But yeah, auto-run would be nice.

• Like 1

This is Definitely needed, games like skyrim have it. I jam a penny in two but its a nightmare if something happens suddenly and you have to get your penny out. Please put this in devs! Holding down w in this game gets tiring when you need to run like 11 km, people will be abae to play for longer! 

Definitely needs to be implemented, luckily I have a macro that just spams W without delay but isn't fair for people who have to jam stuff into their keyboard or even hold down the W which is just tiring as hell when you are running for ages.

Don't see why this shouldn't be added.