Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

Doesn't dead player clean up over time go against painting the long term story of what has happened on the server? At least per restart...

Yes, but it saves the server from having to restart every 5 hours because of the amount of bodies slowing the game down

Can't wait until they fix the "rubberbanding". Three times now I've been catapulted out of the upstairs of a building and killed with full gear. I still love the game though and fully support the devs :)

• Like 3

At this point there should be something for the mouse acceleration and smoothing issues, which i think is the top priority. Nice effort though on other fixes.

Hoping this rolls out soon.

Give it at least a week.

there needs a fix asap there is some wierd turn bug in the current patch.

you will be running along then all of a sudden your players just starts to turn round :o this is urgent as you bassically cant play with this. its only since last patch.

I know the topic is "pending update", but is there any estimate as to when it may be deployed through Steam? I ask because I've suffered the rubberband effect a few times recently, and each time it makes my character unmoveable - I have to kill the process and restart it since buttons and mouse clicks don't respond.

Thanks for the game. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. :D

This is exactly the big problem now. It should be fixed as soon as possible. The other additions are useless without this fix.

Edit: By the way, the update has already been pushed. Make sure to check "beta updates" for DayZ on Steam. That's what I did and I got it.

Edit #2: I just checked. I got even newer patch than this. 0.30.113953. I still can play on all servers and stuff.

Edited by Bestburg

whats wrong with the mouse acceleration ?? my dayz runs ingame perfect and the mouse too like cod or bf4 it the mouse runs fast no smothing issues, i think this issues are that you have at specific points bad framerates, my game runs constantly 60 - 100 fps in cherno the lowest is 30 so there my mouse is different in moving against the 60 - 100 fps in villages or the wild, i think you have problems because your fps are too low check this first ! download fraps and look what for fps you have in big citiys and if you use an amd you will definitly have hard frame rate drop downs in citys !

the last thing this project needs is all arma 3 team turning this into arma 3. arma 3 is failing and shit !

keep dayz standalone original and dont just do shit cause others want you to do it cause its right for the game !

Lol Arma 3 is a good game, don't be dense.

But yeah, DayZ is it's own game, so devs should be carefull what they take from Arma 3.

• Like 1

This is exactly the big problem now. It should be fixed as soon as possible. The other additions are useless without this fix.

Edit: By the way, the update has already been pushed. Make sure to check "beta updates" for DayZ on Steam. That's what I did and I got it.

Edit #2: I just checked. I got even newer patch than this. 0.30.113953. I still can play on all servers and stuff.

thjat patch is released for public already like 3 days ago... (0.30.113953) and that 113933 patch is coming just wait

Lol Arma 3 is a good game, don't be dense.

But yeah, DayZ is it's own game, so devs should be carefull what they take from Arma 3.

arma 3 peak time 6000-8000

dayz standalone 40,000-50,000 lets turn a popular game into a less popular one :lol: well done sir !

dayz standalone 40,000-50,000 lets turn a popular game into a less popular one :lol: well done sir !

the last thing this project needs is all arma 3 team turning this into arma 3. arma 3 is failing and shit !

keep dayz standalone original and dont just do shit cause others want you to do it cause its right for the game !

Last I heard there are quite few devs from A3 working on SA already

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

Popularity doesn't mean anything. Only thing Arma 3 is now doing wrong is the medic system and the new soldier protection that they shouldn't have released yet at all.

• Like 1

Popularity doesn't mean anything. Only thing Arma 3 is now doing wrong is the medic system and the new soldier protection that they shouldn't have released yet at all.

it does when vast majority who brought it doesn't play it anymore kinda shows you how bad it is if its only get a few thousand in peak times. dayz is hitting nearly ten times as much and newer.

yes a few arma 3 people will be working on day but hopefully not adding too much to make it a mess like arma 3.

any news on this patch and when the ddos effect will be over ? cant play since yesterday due to the lag from this and the movement issues caused by the ddos which makes you spin round randomly.

Edited by dgeesio

Thanks for keeping us updated. Your priorities are apot on. It is alpha and the 2 fixes were the #1 and #2 fun killers currently in game. Content can and should wait. Who cares if you get a vehicle if driving it down a road just rubberbands you back to where you started each time.

Would like to see a combat log fix. I am not a KoS kinda guy but running and logging is BS and i find the bandits do it more than most if they get utnumbered. But that would be fun killer #3 you got the other 2 spot on.

Thanks for the game. Thanks for working your ass off during the holidays, hope you get paid well for those efforts. Makes me glad i paid the money for it knowing you guys are banging away at it even when you should be home.

• Like 3

Got ruberbanded about 7 times in less than 10 minutes...

Consider yourself lucky, I got rubberbanned 10 times in under 1 minute. 

• Like 1

New: 

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing) 
Server: Dead player cleanup (time based)
Design: M9130 Bayonet can now open cans

Fixed: 

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to player skeleton
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

List to be fleshed out as update progresses.

WHEN! 

Be patient. The more demanding and rude we are the more it will discourage the devs to fix things in a timely manor. If we show how appreciative we all are it will make them want to do more for us. Let them take their time so they can get it right the first time and not break more than they fix trying to rush out patches.

We bought a game in alpha and should be thankful that we even get to help find bugs and choose features for the final release.

If you cant handle the issues, bugs, disconnects, and resets then just don't play it for a couple months while they work out the big issues.

The thread says "pending update" and "List to be fleshed out as update progresses" which sounds to me like it may be a while and we also might have a really cool things added to the list.

Edited by ultra1776
  • Like 8

Yes, but it saves the server from having to restart every 5 hours because of the amount of bodies slowing the game down

yes and also the server can keep the respawn of items only on restart becomes more interesting and difficult to survive, forcing the player to move to smaller cities in order to find food.

I am very much in favor of the single every restart spawn ..... so admins can configure the server to restarting 1-2 times a day: D

Be patient. The more demanding and rude we are the more it will discourage the devs to fix things. If we show how appreciative we all are it will make them want to do more for us. Let them take their time so they can get it right the first time and not break more than they fix trying to rush out patches.

We bought a game in alpha and should be thankful that we even get to help find bugs and choose features for the final release.

If you cant handle the issues, bugs, disconnects, and resets then just don't play it for a couple months while they work out the big issues.

The thread says "pending update" and "List to be fleshed out as update progresses" which sounds to me like it may be a while and we also might have a really cool things added to the list.

the worst things about any issue is no news !

2 days with no real news on when we can play again normally. most of the devs have been on here or twitter. they have wrote messages on there. so why not a quick "we expect service to resume (time frame) .. that would calm people and takes no longer than talking nonsense on other media.

• Like 2

been rubberbanding like crazy today...into parts of buildings I shouldn't be able to, through walls, off of roof tops.  definitely something broken cause I've not had this issue once from launch...till today

• Like 1

been rubberbanding like crazy today...into parts of buildings I shouldn't be able to, through walls, off of roof tops.  definitely something broken cause I've not had this issue once from launch...till today

same here