Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

I've had no rubber banding whatsoever since the patch... And I was experiencing it to a point where the game was literally unplayable on every single server.

Two things to anyone still saying rubber banding is present;

First, try another server. Look for ones which have low ping for you. Sorry, if you're on a bad / high ping server, no matter how many friends are on it, it will always be unplayable, even in final.

Second, do you know what rubber banding is? I don't mean this in any insulting way whatsoever, but there seems to be a large misunderstanding with it. It's not sliding around or anything like that. Rubber banding is where you run for a while - it can be literally a second or even longer than ten minutes - and then you teleport backwards to where you started. That has not occurred for me since the patch - and I was having entire hours rubber banded before.

The final thing to consider with rubber banding is they fixed the rubber banding that was being caused by the game directly. Basically, that's the really, really bad stuff that most people experience. But rubber banding is naturally caused in every game when you have bad internet, a bad connection or the server you are playing on is bad for any reason whatsoever. So, I'm going to go ahead and say they have fixed rubber banding. The issue likely lies with you, as no one I know has experienced it (after having unplayable days) since the patch.

• Like 1

Much RB now. I quit and wait for new patch.

Same here, before patch I was fine.. had the odd rubber banding in the odd server but after patch its terrible all servers.

I've had no rubber banding whatsoever since the patch... And I was experiencing it to a point where the game was literally unplayable on every single server.

Two things to anyone still saying rubber banding is present;

First, try another server. Look for ones which have low ping for you. Sorry, if you're on a bad / high ping server, no matter how many friends are on it, it will always be unplayable, even in final.

Second, do you know what rubber banding is? I don't mean this in any insulting way whatsoever, but there seems to be a large misunderstanding with it. It's not sliding around or anything like that. Rubber banding is where you run for a while - it can be literally a second or even longer than ten minutes - and then you teleport backwards to where you started. That has not occurred for me since the patch - and I was having entire hours rubber banded before.

The final thing to consider with rubber banding is they fixed the rubber banding that was being caused by the game directly. Basically, that's the really, really bad stuff that most people experience. But rubber banding is naturally caused in every game when you have bad internet, a bad connection or the server you are playing on is bad for any reason whatsoever. So, I'm going to go ahead and say they have fixed rubber banding. The issue likely lies with you, as no one I know has experienced it (after having unplayable days) since the patch.

I have been playing on servers with 20 to 40 pings, I also have 100mb net speed fiber optic connection so my net isn't the problem... per last patch no banding the after patch banding so I'm sure the issue doesn't lie with me.

I have been playing on servers with 20 to 40 pings, I also have 100mb net speed fiber optic connection so my net isn't the problem... per last patch no banding the after patch banding so I'm sure the issue doesn't lie with me.

The devs are aware of issues some players may be experiencing with stuttering character positions, and are investigating. Info to come tomorrow. 

• Like 4

That's odd. Is it rubber banding as I described it, or is it general jumping around?

Like I said, everybody I know who play the game had massive issues with rubber banding before - and have not since the latest patch. That's not to say that I've not experienced jittery character positions since, but that's a completely separate issue.

Also, have the servers you've been playing on actually updated yet?

Edited by Isaaq

Finally Battleye, atleast better than nothing, since VAC seems like it doesn't do anything.

Thanks devs, keep going with them updates.

Edited by Hosty

Looking forward to the next update. Hopefully some of the rubberbanding can be fixed.

Edited by Darkness Muta

Does this mean that items will stop disappearing when I drop them? Hate having to wait for that medkit to come back before I can take my stuff out of it! lol!

Actually, if you hold the medikit in your hands, you can access the items inside. So no need to put on the floor.

The devs are aware of issues some players may be experiencing with stuttering character positions, and are investigating. Info to come tomorrow. 

Cool, exactly like the Friendly-Forager here. Have constant 10-25ms ping, rarely desync issues and if so, it's very brief.

Before .113953, rubber-banding was ULTRA rare.

Now, it's every 10-15 seconds while jogging in a straight line.

For me I have been getting the skidding issue and have been thrown off buildings and other times into buildings that have no doors.

Apart from that, it's been pretty cool. I do still get quite a lot of desync issues but that could just be my internet.

yOU KNOW RUBBERBANDING IS STILL HERE.. 

• Like 1

How would I know if Battle-Eye is on my server? My server hasn't been shut down at all today for the update and when I log on I see nothing about Battle-Eye and I can't use my admin password ingame.

How would I know if Battle-Eye is on my server? My server hasn't been shut down at all today for the update and when I log on I see nothing about Battle-Eye and I can't use my admin password ingame.

Check :

1. With your server provider. They should have info/news somewhere. If not, just dismiss and choose a "serious" one.

2. Type #beclient guid in the direct chat. If BE is installed and running on the server it will return your own GUID.

3. Change server provider any case, if they didnt restart your server for the whole day, they pretty much sux a lot =)

Edited by DayzLegionnaire

No, hardcore server is indeed simply no 3rd person. Nothing else.

because this has to be your truth?

why not give the option for players to decide what is to be hardcore?

it is hard to simply look forward to your character then I think you should play COD or BF4.

because this has to be your truth?

why not give the option for players to decide what is to be hardcore?

it is hard to simply look forward to your character then I think you should play COD or BF4.

there's supposed to eventually be a separate official hardcore hive. they've mentioned things like not being able to hide bodies, but I don't thing that has been implemented yet. whatever 'rules' they come up with, they should be standard for all the servers using that official hardcore hive. if people want to craft their own hardcore rule set, they can do that on private hives

• Like 5

Hmm, yup, also became unplayable for me here. Had never experienced this rubberbanding, now with the new patch I had it at least a dozen times in my short playtime. Sometimes equipping an item would not react for literally a minute, then I would shoot back hundreds of meters. Was walking in a building, up stairs and all of a sudden for now reason I was dead. I'm also gonna sit this patch out and wait for another one..

Nice job DayZ Team!!! I can't wait to see this game a year from now...people are gonna be kicking themselves because they didn't buy  it when it was 30 bucks. GG

RR

Rubberbanding issue is still present. Even after the patch...   :(

I've been experiencing some rubber banding as well, but problems like rubber banding are to be expected when they're working on the server optimization.

Rubberbanding issue is still present. Even after the patch...   :(

I've been experiencing some rubber banding as well, but problems like rubber banding are to be expected when they're working on the server optimization.

The patch isn't going to be out yet for awhile :(

Wait until after it's out before complaining about something they intend to fix.

Edited by t1337Dude

Anyone having mouse problems since the update? My friend says his mouse won't respond correctly now when in DayZ. I'm not sure of the specifics yet, just thought I'd ask here in case anyone else has similar?

The patch isn't going to be out yet for awhile :(

Wait until after it's out before complaining about something they intend to fix.

version 0.30.113953 is live, and the servers I saw were using it

• Like 1