Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

I though it was implemented since last patch 

Update Rev. 0.30.113953

Okay rolling means  it's out my bad.

So is this still happening? I died just going down some stairs some days ago. Rather frustrating after surviving for 10days straight.

And the rubber banding is horrid. Running down a street and then my character veers left through a wall onto the other side of a house, stuck halfway in a wall. Yeah....great fun

Edited by Irenicus

As was I. Maybe I misunderstood the 'fix' but items still auto arrange when logging in to a server. No love for OCD

Err no, read again. It's meant to apply a fix for DELAY when moving things around, it says nothing about saving placement of items

Err no, read again. It's meant to apply a fix for DELAY when moving things around, it says nothing about saving placement of items

Thought that was meant by 'Tetris' > items organize themselves to leave no open spaces in between them. But thanks for clearing it up.

I just picked up the game yesterday and noticed that the rubberbanding is an issue still but only a sporadic one for me.  I did have a couple times where i was walking along and died for no reason that i could understand.

Are private hives already out, or no??? Personally, this is my preferred method for playing as it prevents server hoppers from taking everything of value within the first 5 minutes of it up, and then bouncing off to another server to ruin the loot for other people. 

No third person.

stop hardcore server find the simple fact of not having 3 person.

Hardcore is having the spawn of reduced items and forcing players to constantly move around the map.

developers should create a way to avoid the hops between servers.

These children always imposing way to play as if they were the best in the world. Let the admins choose what they want on the servers and thus, can they choose the players who want to play servers.

create a tool for admim where it can reduce the spawn of items.
How many times he wants the item respawn on server
If either in First or third person

Simple is not it?

so every body will have the option to choose what suits you without charges.

Private hives? Damnit no. This is not what is needed. This means the community is going to be fragmented. Elitists on their private hives while everyone else has to use public servers/hive? No no and no. Just not the way this should be going this early on.

At this rate before we know it every server will have a different hive and require pwords and end up modifying things....I hate this idea with passion

• Like 2

stop hardcore server find the simple fact of not having 3 person.

Hardcore is having the spawn of reduced items and forcing players to constantly move around the map.

developers should create a way to avoid the hops between servers.

These children always imposing way to play as if they were the best in the world. Let the admins choose what they want on the servers and thus, can they choose the players who want to play servers.

create a tool for admim where it can reduce the spawn of items.
How many times he wants the item respawn on server
If either in First or third person

Simple is not it?

so every body will have the option to choose what suits you without charges.

No, hardcore server is indeed simply no 3rd person. Nothing else.

Totally agree with this one. People need to be more patient. For starters, I believe most of the team were relaxing for a few days here. This is good, because i'm sure they know they have one hell of a work load set out for them for the next year, so I really hope they enjoyed the break. Secondly, they received more revenue than they had anticipated. This is a great thing! Give them some time to plan and improve the roadmap for the game updates with the new resources. I'm sure that once they have everything discussed and planned out that they will start cranking things out more quickly. 

They are trying to do it right, everyone! It takes time. I wish people would have more patience.

True but the game has now reaped over 24 million dollars. I'm all for holidays and know they are just human, have families etc but they better start hiring more staff and significantly increase update rates including content as well as fixes.

VAC is coming to town. At some point. But i wouldn't title it as a "Secret-ultra-mega-super AntiCheat."

Also i think that they are gonna have 2 different anti-cheat's implemented.

VAC has been active for at least a week now. Scripters have already been banned by it.

Are private hives already out, or no??? Personally, this is my preferred method for playing as it prevents server hoppers from taking everything of value within the first 5 minutes of it up, and then bouncing off to another server to ruin the loot for other people. 

Server hopping is a problem, yeah, but if you move inland, there's plenty of loot to be found. Most villages I've visited were untouched by players, except maybe those on the more popular routes between Cherno/Elektro and NW Airfield. I've come across plenty of firefighter axes and Mosin-Nagants. When you have to latter, you've got the ideal weapon to snipe those server hoppers back at military bases and airfield.

I don't want the developers to focus on the problems of the current players, I want them to focus on what the game needs, which are not necessarily the same things. The first priority should be server optimization, as neat options and more Zems are only going to be tougher on the servers, let alone an increase of the number of players (which would make the game much, much better). If the infrastructure is in order, most of the other problems, like server hopping, will be surely be addressed.

Add tents on next update. I think tents little decerase ghosting.

I'd like them too, but that requires enabling of permanent storage which in turn  is currently blocked by dynamic object limit. They already had to turn down zombies to 1000, instead of origianlly planned 3000-4000, in order to allow for a reasonable amount of loot, imagine how the object count will skyrocket if players were allowed to make tent cities like in the MOD. 

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

Awesome stuff. Looking forward to the next installment!

Server hopping is a problem, yeah, but if you move inland, there's plenty of loot to be found. Most villages I've visited were untouched by players, except maybe those on the more popular routes between Cherno/Elektro and NW Airfield. I've come across plenty of firefighter axes and Mosin-Nagants. When you have to latter, you've got the ideal weapon to snipe those server hoppers back at military bases and airfield.

Amen to this. I've recently gone out of my way to go inland, or at least much farther northeast, to get away from the cluster-fudge that's the southern coastal towns. I've had more fun running all the way up toe Guba than I have previously, and the loot is all mine!

We will Host some Private Hive Servers. But they will Password free for all :D

• Like 1

I'd like them too, but that requires enabling of permanent storage which in turn  is currently blocked by dynamic object limit. They already had to turn down zombies to 1000, instead of origianlly planned 3000-4000, in order to allow for a reasonable amount of loot, imagine how the object count will skyrocket if players were allowed to make tent cities like in the MOD. 

I really highly doubt there are even 1000 zombies sorry. Of course I have not counted lol but seriously, there are so few zombies it's not funny. Though I'd rather that than no loot or terrible FPS but it does have me worried.

Battleye... please no...

Why is that? Hacking in your future? Otherwise no reason to not want this in the game. If they could just remove the red messages.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Server: Initial implementation for Sub-Private Hives (ongoing)
Server: Initial implementation for regular & hardcore Public Hive

can someone explain this?

BattlEye is like a shot in your own feet. We have quite bad history with this kind of anti-cheat (if you can remember, there was a time when innocent legit players got banned for no particular reason and BattlEye had to fix this). Plus, the red messages are just bad.

Otherwise, it's just another layer of security so it's okay I guess.

Rubber banding has been made quite worse now. Pushes you into buildings and actually moves where you are aiming to the sky. Alpher alpher alpher, I know that when you fix one thing 100 other bugs pop up but silly to patch something to make it worse when you can wait for a bigger patch when it is fixed...