Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

Well, the patch is pending and not live yet, or did you test it on an experimental server? If so, nice they are up. Gotta test it out by myself. ;)

I lol'ed, thought this was the patch of 1 January (wasn't paying much attention).

They patch too often, can't keep track :o

Hehe, know that feeling.

By the way, 133953 just got on steam... does anyone know if there are any experimental-servers aviable yet? 

I have no filters on but they seem to not show up (if there are any)

Can you fix combat logging and world hopping already? PLEASE

I agree big bitchs that shoot you and you shoot back and then quit. Like can't wait for the 30 seconds they add before you can quit.

New: 

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing) 
Server: Dead player cleanup (time based)
Design: M9130 Bayonet can now open cans

Fixed: 

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to player skeleton
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

List to be fleshed out as update progresses.

When will it be released? 

3 fixes per patch.

God, this game will be ready in 2 years

Considering its only been in development for 1 year, a 3 year development cycle sounds about right for a finished project. 

Consider yourself lucky that they let people into the Alpha at this early of stage.

Still hoping you guys fix the zombies soon...
They bug the fuck out off you when you're in a house and its really anoying :s
Its very easy to kill it yes, but when you dont have a weapon its another problem, if you run inside you're fucked no way around it...

3 fixes per patch.

It's 4 days after the new year, give the devs a break. I'm sure big updates will come soon.

Considering its only been in development for 1 year, a 3 year development cycle sounds about right for a finished project. 

Consider yourself lucky that they let people into the Alpha at this early of stage.

Just saying, they promised us Standalone LAST December (2012) and they released it END December 2013, so I think they can speed it up just a little bit... because we had to wait 1 year AFTER they promised us the Standalone last year

Just saying, they promised us Standalone LAST December (2012) and they released it END December 2013, so I think they can speed it up just a little bit... because we had to wait 1 year AFTER they promised us the Standalone last year

What they promised in December 2012 was something completely different than what the standalone is now. 

What you're playing now you can't even see the work they did over the last year, it's all under the hood and it'll payoff big in the long run. It was worth it to wait another year than push out a quick cash-in based on the mod with all the same scripting BS. 

He did it right and by spring this game will be running smooth as butter, and by the end of the year will have shit loads of content. If you're unhappy with the current pace of development then maybe you should take a break and play another game for a couple months and come back.

• Like 6

ooooOOOpps!

edit: don't know how to respond to posts like these in a different manner

Edited by joe_mcentire

3 fixes per patch.

A 2 years alpha phase sounds ok to you?

Blinded biazed fanboy answer.

Dont get me wrong, im a fan of Dayz, i play since the first initial weeks of the mod release.

But this is getting ridiculous.

With all the money they gathered from the steam alpha release, they should be able to set a decent dev team.

3 fixes / patches is just ridiculous, looks like there is 1 or 2 devs behind this patch...

If this is not the case and there is 20 dev behind this patch, there is something totaly fcked in their code which would be even much more ridiculous after more than 1 years of development considering they just modded an existing game engine (Arma2) (no new game engine from scratch).

Moreover, each path bring some new defects or regressions.

Come on, SA success is has been prooved so far, time to inject the cash from the bank account into the dev team.

Edited by DayzLegionnaire
  • Like 2

They are doing frequent updates... they don't have to.  It would likely cause less flack if they did less.

But we get to play a better game sooner and watch the development cycle this way.

So try to be nicer.  Because the last thing we want is to not get the rapid updates because they get tired of the constant hammering.

If you wouldn't say it straight to their faces in a RL conversation, don't say it.

I don't think anyone here seriously thinks they are working so slowly they deserve to be brought up on it.

So try to ENJOY watching the dev process rather than complaining about everything.  Go make a feature request or provide some helpful feedback.  Report a bug.  Be constructive.  Please.

Personally all the fixes in this pending patch are big ones for me:  The rubberbanding has really been messing with me and the group I play with.  Lost both of my friends 3 times the last session we played due to it. So this is welcome.  And I remember thinking just a few days ago it makes no sense that a bayonet cannot open a can... which now it can. :)  And the inventory tetris... having just switched out my pack twice this is going to be great.  So yeah, I'm happy.

• Like 5

People complaining here about "only 3 fixes" annoy me to hell, there has been major holidays etc and you guys bitch here about some fixes... get over your selves..

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 8

Do you even know how long it takes to develop a game on average? Especially a game type on a scale that NO OTHER GAME HAS EVER DONE. Everything being attempted is completely new. They worked their asses off to get a very limited build of the alpha stable enough for people like you to enjoy before Christmas, then the team took a 2 week break over the holidays so that they can start the new year fresh. The only developer that didn't take a vacation just pushed out 2 patches BY HIMSELF.

You just make yourself sound ignorant. 

• Like 9

I cant even believe that people are complaining about there only being a few fix's in this pending update. As the person above me said, there is only 1 Dev working atm and he pushed out 2 updates so far DURING THE HOLIDAYS!!!!! Ask yourself this, Did you work during Christmas and new years? I know I didnt. So that alone is awesome and deserves this entire communities highest respect! 

Also like others have said, Stop crying, its an alpha release, I personally enjoy the smaller more frequent updates and intend to keep them, So please do us all a favor and stop complaining because I would like to have frequent updates(even if it is 1 fix) rather than once a  month 50 fix's. I like to see progression in the development guys! 

So please show the devs some respect and help them out rather than bringing their spirits down with these negative posts. 

• Like 2

Keep up the good work gentlemen!

Dont get me wrong, im a fan of Dayz, i play since the first initial weeks of the mod release.

But this is getting ridiculous.

With all the money they gathered from the steam alpha release, they should be able to set a decent dev team.

3 fixes / patches is just ridiculous, looks like there is 1 or 2 devs behind this patch...

If this is not the case and there is 20 dev behind this patch, there is something totaly fcked in their code which would be even much more ridiculous after more than 1 years of development considering they just modded an existing game engine (Arma2) (no new game engine from scratch).

Moreover, each path bring some new defects or regressions.

Come on, SA success is has been prooved so far, time to inject the cash from the bank account into the dev team.

Bringing reality to the overzealous randoms:

Let's see...

A standalone of good quality needed a year from 2012 to 2013 in order to fix up the ArmA 2 architecture and provide the much smoother and much less laggy framework you can play on now. Adding to that, going from a mod to a full game requires work and learning that they had to do without a lot of funding (the mod was free, and expressly relied on ArmA 2 mechanics). One can easily find video updates on what has been done over the year, like Mocap for the zombies. Add to that that nobody's money was on the line over that time period. So kindly consider that before being angry about your wait.

DayZ Alpha was released Dec 16. It has been 18 days since the release, over which they've made their millions, and had time to do work. Subtract 8 from those 18 days, for, roughly, the Dec 25 through Jan 1 break-time that is acceptable for Christmas and New Year's. This leaves them with roughly 10 days of awesome funding, during which they released a patch, fixing some major (and the only I could find, of this type) network issues - namely the item lag and rubber-banding. When exactly does one expect them to hire another handful of devs to help on the project? Interviews take time to do. Some companies take up to a month screening possible recruits, leading them through 2-3 interviews, etc., etc., I shouldn't even have to say all this. I'd prefer new devs to be best of the best, with a true heart towards DayZ's unique characteristics.

Normally companies release patches monthly. The (major) fixes we received in roughly 1/3 of a month, with still the same size team.

'Modding' an existing engine is not a trivial task, esp. considering the ArmA 2 network architecture - it was completely trusting of the client. You probably have no idea how much has to get 'modded' in order to make it work for a competitive FPS game, where the client can no longer say "I now exist over there, across the map" and you instantly get teleported. It's a lot of work, and it was probably a big part of where your 2013 in waiting went.

It's doubtful the alpha will continue for 2 years, or anywhere close to that. The original reference was an obvious exaggeration, to particularly push your buttons.

I don't blame anyone. We all exist to learn new things (hopefully).

• Like 3

So please show the devs some respect and help them out rather than bringing their spirits down with these negative posts.

Who's disrespecting the devs ?

The problem is not the devs, they do what they can with the level of allocated resources.

The problem is up them, the program manager or the dude above him...

Last call was 750K+ copies * 24€/$ - (steam charges) = lot of money.

And dont talk about Christmas and new years. Any people work these days if you pay them well..

Even dayz streamers do work during this time.

The dev team need serious means, because as it is, someone gave them amateurish resources level when they needed serious means to reach expected goals.

Someone is banking so much that it is impacting the seriousness of Dayz SA development.

Edited by DayzLegionnaire

Who's disrespecting the devs ?

The problem is not the devs, they do what they can with the level of allocated resources.

The problem is up them, the program manager or the dude above him...

Last call was 750K+ copies * 24€/$ - (steam charges) = lot of money.

And dont talk about Christmas and new years. Any people work these days if you pay them well..

Even dayz streamers do work during this time.

The dev team need serious means, because as it is, someone gave them amateurish resources level when they needed serious means to reach expected goals.

Someone is banking so much that it is impacting the seriousness of Dayz SA development.

you have absolutley no vision on what the Devs are doing.

dont judge them, you are not in the position to do that.

be patient or leave DayZ until the full release. 

cheers