Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

great news about work start on separate hive for 3PP:OFF servers :thumbsup:  ;)

is happen now or is just some preparation separate hive coming soon? :huh:

Micro-Rubberbanding introduced by the last patch still exists. Also i die for no aparent reason ;) inside a schoolbuilding just now ^^

Edited by epocx

"ALPHA"

Content-wise DayZ may be an alpha, but this is a 15 year old engine, and it's always been shit at garbage handling.

Thanks for the update, great work.

I however have a question:
"Battle-Eye" is this just temporary? I mean I thought you had some "Secret-ultra-mega-super AntiCheat" of your own for the standalone.

I was just reminded of the mod where I had been denied access to the game for no apparent reason, and then had to reinstall battle-eye all the freaking time for being able to play.

If this doesn't make any sense, it is okay (hungover).. My point is: 1. Great work on the patch! 2. Why Battle-Eye?

I hope the issue where characters get wiped on certain servers is fixed before private hives are implemented. This will just add even more confusion when people's characters get deleted.

Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

I was under the impression that 'inventory tetris' was when the items in your backpack would be in random positions upon leaving and rejoining a server?

I like to put my food/water/meds in different rows.  If this patch was meant to fix items moving around in the backpack upon joining a server, then it's not working :S

Yes, I'm joining updated servers.  Tried 2 different ones to make sure :(

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, great work.

I however have a question:

"Battle-Eye" is this just temporary? I mean I thought you had some "Secret-ultra-mega-super AntiCheat" of your own for the standalone.

VAC is coming to town. At some point. But i wouldn't title it as a "Secret-ultra-mega-super AntiCheat."

Also i think that they are gonna have 2 different anti-cheat's implemented.

Edited by Konna
  • Like 1

New: 

Server: Player location rubberbanding
Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

Only two issues I was having have been fixed? Awesome sauce ty

Server: BattlEye Anti-Cheat (Client as well)

Server: Initial implementation for Sub-Private Hives (ongoing)

Server: Initial implementation for regular & hardcore Public Hive

does that mean privates hives are implemented?

You obviously have never been involved in an alpha state game in development. This is not release state and yet you make complaints that seem like you think this is release state and that you deserve the changes you want. This is how game development works. Server stability is paramount. They are working on server stability and small gameplay features. Once the server architecture is fully stable, they can start to test the bigger game features such as loot and zombie tweaks that will stress the servers. If you try to rush into big features and put massive stress on an already unstable server architecture, you will have an unplayable game. Baby steps are required in Alpha. They can start leaps and bounds when they get to the Alpha/Beta cross over.

Dont waste too much time explaining things and trying to be rational with these monkeys Soulece, the amount of brainpower they have to play with will be long since spent once they reach the 3rd line of text. I only wish these types would go out and buy a really sharp knife and then attempt to chop vegetables like a pro chef, because they'll think because the knife is great they will be too. A little bit of choppy choppy, fingers missing, cant play dayz, no need to come to this forum again, sell pc, die miserable. Perfect!
  • Like 2

they haven't even started the patch yet people

Wat.jpg

It's in Steam news.  My client downloaded it over an hour ago, and servers are running it.  Looks like it's deployed...

• Like 1

Good job dev team.

Looks like you are working every day of the week... Dont burn yourself out :)

I know this is high on your list but more zombies please! Feels like camping Survival game at the moe. No hate, i love this game, just weird playing with no threat from zombies... 

I know this is high on your list but more zombies please! Feels like camping Survival game at the moe. No hate, i love this game, just weird playing with no threat from zombies... 

The zombies should probably be fixed (running through walls, super-vision, etc) before any more are added :P

Guest Dwarden

DayZ Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953: * Server: BattlEye Anti-Cheat (Client as well)

{i step to shadows with evil grin on face watching the sea of cheater tears filling up}

• Like 3

Server: Initial implementation for Sub-Private Hives (ongoing)

Server: Initial implementation for regular & hardcore Public Hive

So private servers are slowly being able to exist?

So private servers are slowly being able to exist?

Anyone else not a fan of private hives at all? I found the dayz community in the mod became extremely fragmented, most servers on mods/private hives etc.  Granted hacking was a problem so this was a way to battle it.

I just don't know :(  From what I understand the official community will be divided on normal/hardcore servers, so i don't like the way this is looking.

Meh, it's probably just me.  

• Like 2

Nice update...

But server semmes really not stable.

Our server crashed 5 times since server update...