ZedsDeadBaby

PSA: If you put "No KoS" in the title of your server, I'm going to favorite it and stop in every day to kill at least one person

If you reported them instead of collecting them like pokemons, it would be really helpful.

i feel i was unfairly in thier list... i am always polite and try to be considered in my posts

They aren't allowed to enforce "no KoS" rules. It's against the hosting terms. Any servers abusing the rules should be reported immediately.

End of discussion.

lol who does that?

OP is the asshole Dayz deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Its great how one deceleration of intent can cause such an uproar in the forums!

I agree that DayZ with "no KoS" is boring, i just don`t see how you even see the tag when you search for servers, i just click a random server with between 20-40 players and a good ping. The problem here is that you`re actively trying to be some kind of DayZ police and enforce the game rules of the vast majority of servers on a tiny minority that have no effect on your gameplay on other servers. I think you`re just afraid of getting shot so you go "TK" in a sense because there is no retaliation. 

It`s just a game, why you heff to be mad? Why does it burn so intensely in you to stop players from playing a friendlier game if they want to? 

happy with all this apart from 'It`s just a game' ,I,I gotta go cry for a bit :(  :(

No more insults in here, make your points without getting personal!

OP is the asshole Dayz deserves...

Are you testing me?

Take a little break.

• Like 1

Not even one tiny chance in hell, sorry. "No KoS" is not a real rule. Server admins are not permitted to kick or ban to punish people for not playing how they want. They're the ones breaking the rules, not me.

If it is their server then yes they can, it is their rules.

Just like in the Battlefield games plenty of servers annoyingly ban the use of grenade launchers (noob tubes) or RPGs on infantry etc.... 

So as much as we might disagree with their rule, it is their rule and they have every right to ban you for breaking it.

Just like in the Battlefield games plenty of servers annoyingly ban the use of grenade launchers (noob tubes) or RPGs on infantry etc.... 

So as much as we might disagree with their rule, it is their rule and they have every right to ban you for breaking it.

No they dont.

They must oblige to the rules that says that they can NOT ban for anything else than racism and such things.

There is nothing in the ROA that say that you can ban or kick people for KoS.

This said, I do not support KoS in anyway.

• Like 2

No they dont.

They must oblige to the rules that says that they can NOT ban for anything else than racism and such things.

Nor is there anything in the ROA for Battlefield about kicking people based on the weapons they use or their skill... yet admins do because if they paid for their servers then they can.

They have no such right.

This isn't Battlefield, what goes on in Battlefield does not concern us.

DayZ server hosters aren't allowed to ban anyone, or kick for disobeying home-rules like 'no KoS'.

If a server hoster kicks/bans, please report them (here's how: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-server-reporting/).

It does have an effect.

• Like 3

Hahaha!  Why even bother playing the game if you're going to out right have a "No KOS" server?  Might as well play by yourself Iike I see some admins doing!

KOS is a part of the game.

I think this "PVE" servers should change name in something like "we would like to enjoy the very soul of this game: surviving in a hostile environment and kill each other when there's a reason (mostly), so COD kids (or childish old men) please leave us alone". But it's too long I must admit.
However OP thinks that the spirit of the game is to kos, and he feels himself like a powerful judge about it.
Well, sir, I think you miss the point of DayZ, but have your fun whatever it takes to.

Edited by Noisex
  • Like 3

I encourage everyone who has any respect for the game to do the same.

I encourage you to stop playing and everyone who thinks like you should do the same.

• Like 2

One server I used to play on in BF3 banned the 870mcs,I found another server that didn't.

Hello there

As long as the server is not breaking any rules that the devs have given them, then folk are fine to play the game the way they like.

I find it a little poor that if they dont play it in a way some see as "cannon" that others want to spoil their fun.

I do, however thing that it would be fair to separate non KoS servers to their own hive as it will be easier to gear up on these and therefore could be used for nefarious purposes.

There is a balance issue here, but the OP's solution is not the way forward IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 5

This servers are connected to the same hive. You can gear up without having troubles.
This servers sounds lame.
I respect both sides. Kill them all or respect the rules. I don´t care.

I will never visit this servers.
Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 2

It's mind boggling. At least in the mod there was some stuff to do like rack up zombie kills or ride motorcycles.

What are these people even doing? Literally just standing around chatting with each other like it's fucking Second Life or something.

It says no KoS... it doesn't mean there are no clans fighting or other kind of killing... 

The guy going to non-KOS servers and KOSing people is exactly the same as the guy making the non-KOS server

They both think everyone else should play the same way they do. One guy thinks by making a server and labeling it non-KOS that he s forcing people to play like he wants them to. And they guy that is going there to kill people "to show them the real game" is doing the exact same thing. They both have the same mentality. They think if other people are not playing the same way as them, they are wrong.

You're both wrong.

• Like 1

It's mind boggling. At least in the mod there was some stuff to do like rack up zombie kills or ride motorcycles.

What are these people even doing? Literally just standing around chatting with each other like it's fucking Second Life or something.

You are so uninformed about gaming its unbelievable. If I walk up to you and beat you to death with my fireaxe are you gonna get angry because you like the hatchet better. If you're feeling trolly than join any of the 1000 other servers that aren't KOS and let the people who want to play a different way play..  

• Like 1

I encourage everyone who has any respect for the game to do the same.

If you don't like the "Don't KOS server rule" most people would just avoid the server.

Don't be sad and make it your duty/religion to go against some rule on a server that dose/can not effect you in any way...

Edited by exomonkeyman
  • Like 1

Nor is there anything in the ROA for Battlefield about kicking people based on the weapons they use or their skill... yet admins do because if they paid for their servers then they can.

You are probally on the wrong forum, http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/en/forum. Hope I could help you.

• Like 3

The guy going to non-KOS servers and KOSing people is exactly the same as the guy making the non-KOS server

They both think everyone else should play the same way they do.

That is absolutely not it at all. That's completely false. I absolutely support people who do not want to KoS in the game, and think they should play the game the way they want to. I think that people who refuse to KoS are just as important and vital to the DayZ experience as the sadistic killers who shoot people for no reason. Both are necessary components of the "true DayZ."

If you're going to accuse me of being "excatly the same" as the people making these servers, you're going to have to wait for me to rent a server and call it "KoS only," or something. Which isn't going to happen - because I understand that DayZ is about both sides of this coin existing in the same world at the same time. A Chernarus with KoS only is just as big a violation as one with no KoS at all. Neither alone make DayZ. They have to exist together and interact for the game to be truly complete.

Point of fact, when I play on regular servers, I don't actually KoS. It's just not something I like to spend my time doing. I will kill people who threaten me or my squad, or who I perceive as a potential future threat, but I don't hunt down and kill players for sport. I survived for 45+ days in the mod with over 1700 zombie kills and had only 3 player kills, each of which were in self defense. Show me a "No KoS" server, though, and you're going to see my sadistic side. I will bring the ying where they want only yang. They're the ones attempting to imbalance the universe by taking out the dark half, so I'm putting it back in for them.

I don't buy the "bug testing" argument for a second. Even at 40/40, Chernarus is a 140km2 playground. There's plenty of room to go and test things if that's what you want to do. Get off the coast, grab some items, and go test to your heart's content. You don't need a PvE server to find bugs, and game-play related feedback coming out of a "PvE server" is worse than useless for the developers. It's actually corrupting.

I also don't buy that I'm "ruining" anyone's experience by shooting them. Zombies do nothing but KoS, and nobody accuses them of ruining the game. Why not? Somehow it's okay that their only conceivable reaction to a player is to immediately attempt to kill them. They make the game better and everyone loves zombies. "More zombies!" goes the hue and cry. "We need more brainless entities attempting to kill us!" they say. This game would be better if it had two, five, or ten times as many braindead, shambling hordes attempting to kill us at any moment. Unless, for some reason, they have a human brain. Then all of a sudden my game is ruined and I'm not having fun. Why? Is it because zombies are easier to kill than a player? Is it because you find it disconcerting to imagine that a human can be a more troubling and deadly presence than an undead terror? It's ridiculous. If you love zombies, you should love sadistic killers even more. One sadistic bandit is worth 1,000 zombies.

I find it telling, by the way, that I'm supposedly the immature, childish, bad guy, asshole, douchebag, twatface here, yet all I've done is suggest people play the game by the rules that Dean has set up for us and for it have received no end of verbal abuse, name-calling and vitriol from those supposedly more sophisticated, mature and socially well-adjusted than myself. It's good I have a thick skin or I might come away from this thread with a thoroughly bruised ego.

I'll continue with my plan. I think I'm doing Dean's work. I think he understands that DayZ shines most brightly because it puts these two sorts of people in the same world together and asks them to somehow figure out how to play the game at the same time. That's the heart and soul of the game. The entire point of its existence is to pit these two forces against each other and observe the outcome. Trying to pull out one of these forces altogether and still play the game is like taking the tires off your car before taking it for a test drive.

I'll conclude with a quote directly from Dean himself which I think is pretty relevant:
What I wanted was a game where people who play it in one way and people who play it in another are playing the same game at the same time but it actually works. That's what I wanted to achieve.

What I find interesting about DayZ is that I'm choosing to live and play this way; I'm not playing this way because it's necessarily the most efficient, I'm playing this way because it's how I want to feel. Not everyone plays the same way, but those that are playing as these evil and sadistic bandits are actually helping my game experience.
Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 8

Hahaha!  Why even bother playing the game if you're going to out right have a "No KOS" server?  Might as well play by yourself Iike I see some admins doing!

KOS is a part of the game.

No, mr. just-started-to-play-dayz-person.

KoS is NOT a part of DayZ, this ISN'T a deathmatch game.

It is a SURVIVAL game.

Banditry with murders is a part of the game, but player INTERACTION, is a HUGE part of this game. Which you KoS-players NEVER experiences.

Which is a massive flaw in the system, since those that do not play it like that, gains massive disadvantages, by not playing it as a deathmatch game.

• Like 4

No they dont.

Its actually their server, so they can ban you for no fucking reason if they wanted too.

• Like 2