ZedsDeadBaby

PSA: If you put "No KoS" in the title of your server, I'm going to favorite it and stop in every day to kill at least one person

Not even one tiny chance in hell, sorry. "No KoS" is not a real rule. Server admins are not permitted to kick or ban to punish people for not playing how they want. They're the ones breaking the rules, not me.

Actually the people paying for the server can kick you for literally any reason they like. Just don't play on it and you'll be fine, if its against the rules it'll be gone soon anyway so why do you care. You knock them for trying to control how people play without realizing that you are doing the same by trying to control how they want to play.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 6

See, you know how people are always saying "IT'S A SANDBOX LET BANDITS PLAY HOW THEY WANT AND KOS"

Yeah, you're not following the "let people play how they want" thing that everyone shouts when a KoS thread comes up. Stop being so immature and let people enjoy the game the way they want to.

Edited by Kingfury4
  • Like 2

Actually the people paying for the server can kick you for literally any reason they like.

No, actually they can't. They agree not to kick anyone when they sign up to host a server. If they do so, they're violating the rules and their server should/will be blacklisted form the hive.

You knock them for trying to control how people play without realizing that you are doing the same by trying to control how they want to play.

The only person I'm controlling is myself. They can play any way they want. 

If they want to roleplay then leave them be in peace.

There's nothing stopping them from "role playing" under normal server rules.

• Like 2

Yeah, you're not following the "let people how they want" thing

Yes I am. I'm not telling them how to play. They can play however they want. They can be friendly and not KoS and role play and do whatever else they want. I'm not telling them what to do at all.

I'm just shooting them sometimes.

• Like 1

If they want to roleplay then leave them be in peace.

You are still allowed to kill people BTW. (they cant kick you because of that anyway its against the rules)

Its just a place to encourage people to team up and work together and not have deathmatches in Balotaa.

why are you so angry.

You are still allowed to be a bandit

PvP is still there

Just the majority of people on the server want to have something more then senseless fragging.

Actually, I'd say OP's side of the fence is much calmer than the other, if you count insults as angry.

I reiterate:

Do you guys get this riled up when a hacker breaks the rules and kills everyone? I'd hope not.

If private hives are coming for SA, then no KoS servers are coming.

Edited by Chris529

When there are private hives and passwords, these no KOS server will have their own spot. But as its alpha, is it really a big issue. You worried they will get kitted to easily and then go KOSing, as its public hive, sure that a probability. But I think its more likely that they want to play a game where they can rob each other and rp, not a style for everyone. I think they should be given space to see why happen with this sort of game play. They want to be part of the development too

I just don't get the anger. If you think they are rule braking, report it, don't form an army of evil.

They are more like "guidelines" anyway

No, they are rules. If you report servers for breaking them (here), the servers get closed.

They aren't allowed to enforce "no KoS" rules. It's against the hosting terms. Any servers abusing the rules should be reported immediately.

End of discussion.

This. All this.

Please debate the OP's 'initiative', without resorting to insults. Remember, we are better than this.

• Like 3

Actually, I'd say OP's side of the fence is much calmer than the other, if you count insults as angry.

I reiterate:

Do you guys get this riled up when a hacker breaks the rules and kills everyone? I'd hope not.

If private hives are coming for SA, then no KoS servers are coming.

Logging onto these servers and searching for someone to kill every single day is a bit angry.

Im confused i thought private hives were allowed to kick people for any reason? havent seen any private hives yet

Im sure there will be plenty of "no pvp" and "RP" servers once that happens

Edited by methr1k2dop3

I just firmly believe you shouldn't feel safe when you play DayZ. That takes the soul of the game and pisses all over it. Dean's prime goal for the game is to put people in uncomfortable, dangerous and unpredictable situations. I genuinely think these servers undermine the spirit of the game, and I will do what I can to reinsert that spirit where I see it is missing.

Yes, you can be friendly. You can not KoS. You can group up, work together, feed the hungry and clothe the poor. You can be a Wasteland Doctor or a traveling bard singing songs to the lonely survivors you meet. What you can't do is do these things in a safe little bubble away from the threat of other humans. If that's really what you're after, then you're not after DayZ.

If Dean had wanted PvE to be an option, he would have included it long ago. It wouldn't be hard. There's a reason he didn't do it, and I think we should trust that it's a good reason and not try to change the rules for him.

So, I'll continue to deliver uncertainty and death to these servers. Call me "childish" or whatever if that's really how you feel. I don't see it that way. I'm not punishing people for wanting to play in a certain way, I'm just making sure that when they're playing, they're playing DayZ.

• Like 5

When there are private hives and passwords, these no KOS server will have their own spot. But as its alpha, is it really a big issue. You worried they will get kitted to easily and then go KOSing, as its public hive, sure that a probability. But I think its more likely that they want to play a game where they can rob each other and rp, not a style for everyone. I think they should be given space to see why happen with this sort of game play. They want to be part of the development too

I just don't get the anger. If you think they are rule braking, report it, don't form an army of evil.

They're asking a bit much, getting in on an alpha that's limited enough without taking a lot of PvP out of the equation. IMO they should play it 'properly' until it's more finished.

I don't see where the anger is, I guess OP is just using the rules (can't make him not KoS) to spite the people on non KoS servers. The server is only in trouble if he kills someone and they do something about it.

What are these people even doing? Literally just standing around chatting with each other like it's fucking Second Life or something.

It could make it easier to actually interact and you know, test things that would require two people to test? shoot the tip of a gun, axe, the beans in someones hand.

Oh god forbid people get together to test things in a testing phase instead of disregarding and avoiding bugs to find a "meta" game in a test build.

Edited by RoanValorin
  • Like 1

Im confused i thought private hives were allowed to kick people for any reason? havent seen any private hives yet

Private hives are already disallowed; so it's assumed that people running private hives don't really care about the official rules.

Oh god forbid people get together to test things in a testing phase instead of disregarding and avoiding bugs to find a "meta" game in a test build.

Yeah. I bet that's what they're doing. "Testing things." That's the ticket.

I just firmly believe you shouldn't feel safe when you play DayZ. That takes the soul of the game and pisses all over it. Dean's prime goal for the game is to put people in uncomfortable, dangerous and unpredictable situations. I genuinely think these servers undermine the spirit of the game, and I will do what I can to reinsert that spirit where I see it is missing.

Yes, you can be friendly. You can not KoS. You can group up, work together, feed the hungry and clothe the poor. You can be a Wasteland Doctor or a traveling bard singing songs to the lonely survivors you meet. What you can't do is do these things in a safe little bubble away from the threat of other humans. If that's really what you're after, then you're not after DayZ.

If Dean had wanted PvE to be an option, he would have included it long ago. It wouldn't be hard. There's a reason he didn't do it, and I think we should trust that it's a good reason and not try to change the rules for him.

So, I'll continue to deliver uncertainty and death to these servers. Call me "childish" or whatever if that's really how you feel. I don't see it that way. I'm not punishing people for wanting to play in a certain way, I'm just making sure that when they're playing, they're playing DayZ.

agreed.

but in the end you are just ruining the experience for people that want to roleplay.

I dont agree with these types of servers but logging onto them and trolling is another thing.

If there is a group of people that want to play grab ass in Cherno then let them there is plenty of servers for us to play on.

let them have their RP fun

• Like 2

OP is guilty of trolling with intent to douche...which i respect

Also roleplaying is for the bedroom, not the zombie apocalypse!

• Like 2

Just, lol.

You sir, are a tool.

Edited by Max Planck
Didn't I just say "stop"??

Yeah. I bet that's what they're doing. "Testing things." That's the ticket.

More likely than most servers that people are just shoting before getting the chance to be asked to do anything.

I can already tell you don't actively seek out bugs though from your other post.

• Like 2

I don't understand the forum community anymore, but I'm slowly finding pleasure in watching people being shat on by the vocal masses.

Just, lol.

You sir, are a tool.

you seem to have issues.

... and is now butt hurt

dumb fuck. instead of making retarded posts like this and threatening to troll a server that has those rules JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. and besides that the number of servers with those rules are part of the minority by far, retard

What a childish moron the OP is. You are a great example of why this world is so fucked up.

I can already tell you don't actively seek out bugs though from your other post.

... d-bags like the OP running around ... just to be an a**hole.

At the end of the day, this clown can't get along with..dare I say, anyone, so he has the need to go an murder innocent people, more than likely a shot in the back, from a distance. To OP: You're a coward.

People like our dear OP ... douchebags who kill people just for the lulz.  Its really satisfying to put assholes like OP in their place.

look out theres a troll under that bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... so how about you pull out that mosin thats shoved up the number 2 slot and just have a good time.oh but you probably don't know how to do that do you? skag. and i call you this out of respect for the game.

To sum it up : "The game permit me to be a huge douchebag; so will I !"

266.gif

dO78T4S.png

AJ, take your beans back, this post is about you.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 9

More likely than most servers that people are just shoting before getting the chance to be asked to do anything.

what.gif

I'm lost. You're saying we need no KoS servers to bug test? It's just my opinion, but I'd say people who bug test are probably friends meeting up with that in mind, not strangers who are somehow willing to waste bullets instead of playing the game.

I'd also say you're more likely going to find a bug during a panicked CQC incident, you shot the hell out of a guy but the beans in his pocket where you were shooting were undamaged, and his gun was undamaged despite being shot to hell.

Edited by Chris529

I don't see where the anger is

i guess your right, was just the way he looked when he said it :P

I have a server, and no way to tell who is doing what at any given time (that I'm aware of.).  How are they even going to know if you're killing folks?

Game on.

what.gif

I'm lost. You're saying we need no KoS servers to bug test? It's just my opinion, but I'd say people who bug test are probably friends meeting up with that in mind, not strangers who are somehow willing to waste bullets instead of playing the game.

what.gif

Of course not. I don't see how you would come to that conclusion. But What I did mean is that random acts of testing could be more likely, or rather, successful attempts with the whole setting up for testing and getting blind sided by someone with a bullet.

Ever played a game back in the day with a friend, found an odd thing and told him "hold up, hold up, let me see something." and set a temporary truce? non kos servers could pretty much be a decent place to jump to with your friends with, well, less worry of being rudely interrupted.

Edited by RoanValorin

what.gif

I'd also say you're more likely going to find a bug during a panicked CQC incident, you shot the hell out of a guy but the beans in his pocket where you were shooting were undamaged, and his gun was undamaged despite being shot to hell.

I have a server, and no way to tell who is doing what at any given time (that I'm aware of.).  How are they even going to know if you're killing folks?

Game on.

It'll be a complain to admin thing I reckon. Point is, how the f**k can you play a game and bug test on a server when you have d-bags like the OP running around on servers that specifically do not like KoS, just to be an a**hole.

At the end of the day, this clown can't get along with..dare I say, anyone, so he has the need to go an murder innocent people, more than likely a shot in the back, from a distance. To OP: You're a coward.

Edited by Max Planck
Make your point without calling people 'douchebags' or 'assholes', please.

I think these servers are nothing more than encourage people to work together and RP.

They wont and cant kick you for killing people.

They expect people to come on and KOS.

Edited by methr1k2dop3
  • Like 1

I'm just not buying the idea that KoS is a big pain in the ass to bug testers, sorry. If you truly want to bug test, join a low pop server with your friend and get right on it. I think the chances you notice a bug and then are immediately shot by someone is so tiny that it's hardly a reason to support no KoS servers existing as they are "bug testing outlets". That is, I don't think "no KoS servers are great for bug testing because you have much less chance of being shot" is really valid.

High pop, no KoS or not, are always going to be riskier than lower pop servers, that's the truth. The absence of any possible murderers is safer than a guideline advising people they shouldn't shoot on sight. Also remember that doesn't mean no killing, someone could say they're gonna team up with you and shoot you when you turn around.

Chernarus is plenty big to do "testing"

you could easily find a quiet corner some where and do this testing.

shoot i played on a full server today for about 4 hours walked to Balotaa then to NWAF and didn't run into one person. 

Edited by Chris529