ZedsDeadBaby

PSA: If you put "No KoS" in the title of your server, I'm going to favorite it and stop in every day to kill at least one person

Chernarus is plenty big to do "testing"

you could easily find a quiet corner some where and do this testing.

shoot i played on a full server today for about 4 hours walked to Balotaa then to NWAF and didn't run into one person. 

• Like 1

People like our dear OP are the reason I like to run with a group of people called the Anti-Bandits.  Formed back in the original DayZ mod to hunt down douchebags who kill people just for the lulz.  Its really satisfying to put assholes like OP in their place.

Edited by Max Planck
I said "stop with the insults", I did.
  • Like 3

People like our dear OP are the reason I like to run with a group of people called the Anti-Bandits.  Formed back in the original DayZ mod to hunt down douchebags who kill people just for the lulz.  Its really satisfying to put assholes like OP in their place.

You're doing the exact same thing, just on the opposite end of the scale. You're the guys who kill the people who kill for satisfaction, for satisfaction. People who kill for fun are douchebag bandit asses, but not people who kill bandits for fun. You have to see the hypocrisy in this.

• Like 2

I encourage everyone who has any respect for the game to do the same.

look out theres a troll under that bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't agree with your request that people troll or grieve. but these servers that put friendly or no pvp or no KOS are just asking for skag's like you to show up and be a goon for no reason except some preconcieved notion that you know what's best for the game. so how about you pull out that mosin thats shoved up the number 2 slot and just have a good time.oh but you probably don't know how to do that do you? skag. and i call you this out of respect for the game.

Edited by Max Planck
You can be better than that.
  • Like 1

You have to see the hypocrisy in this.

No they don't. They just have to fling shit on the forums. Forever.

Edit: I'm up to 9 10

Edited by Publik
  • Like 2

Theres a million different multifaceted life experiences that could cause someone to create/join a server like that. Being new to the game, more immersed, exploring Chernerus, maybe playing in 3D like i do. Being brought up with a heavy dose of ignorance destroying anti-war education from the parents or outside source, being religious (like my cousin) , being disabled physically or mentally, being old and not being able to physically comfortable with the constant stress assuming they're immersed, being a shell shocked combat vet, then of courses there the very ironic -not wanting to play with immature, inexperienced, ignorant people.

Apparently the OP could not think of ONE. Welcome to Earth. Everybody has different opinions and they're all valid.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

So if someone creates RPG-ish server, I guess you go there and start to chat about non-relevant bullshit in global chat.

It's been interesting to follow how DayZ population shifted from "cautiously friendly" to "trigger happy maniacs" after two months. Milgram experiment conducted amongst the playerbase would be disastrous for the morale of humankind.

I gave a cookie to a troll today yay, so proud.

I wouldn't say it's spiteful. I'm like Santa Claus, bringing the joy of the real DayZ to poor boys and girls who are missing out.

Except that you're only bringing your and your ilks joy to DayZ, which isn't the "real DayZ".

Those who prefer a more PVE-oriented experience wont enjoy it more.

Real DayZ would be such time when KoS, isn't the ONLY option for EZ-mode players.

• Like 1

I been doing since mod days :D

for me is destroy point of dayz and is surrender to fear way for pussy guys  :o

I was kick/ban from every nopvP vanilla server B)

was fun I was doing crusade for liberate scare guys explain adrenalin of pvP make dayz unique game experience and they missing this :|

but carebears don't listen :(

[snip]

Edited by Max Planck
Boasting not relevant to topic
  • Like 3

No, actually they can't. They agree not to kick anyone when they sign up to host a server. If they do so, they're violating the rules and their server should/will be blacklisted form the hive.

Like I said, if its against the rules then they'll get shut down so why make such a 'holy crusade' about it? When you see a server with "no profanity" in the title do you join in and start cursing just because the game's dialogue contains profanity?

This thread is no better than QQing about the bugs in the alpha, just report it and get on with your life.

• Like 1

If someone spends cash on a server and doesn't want KoS, you should respect that. Not everyone plays the game for mindless deathmatch like you. If that's the only thing you find fun you need to play ArmA. Killing people mindlessly, ones who can't defend themselves, is not a unique DayZ experiance. If they're stupid enough to go to Balota then shot the shit outta em' Some people like to roleplay with the odd interesting pvp encounter. But noooo. You, you have to go and shit on their playstyle and  force them into yours

• Like 5

If someone spends cash on a server and doesn't want KoS, you should respect that. Not everyone plays the game for mindless deathmatch like you. If that's the only thing you find fun you need to play ArmA. Killing people mindlessly, ones who can't defend themselves, is not a unique DayZ experiance. If they're stupid enough to go to Balota then shot the shit outta em' Some people like to roleplay with the odd interesting pvp encounter. But noooo. You, you have to go and shit on their playstyle and  force them into yours

No, you should condemn it as wrong. 

People who rent servers are not entitled to have any say in how the game is run. Renting a server is not the same as purchasing a license to run the game the way you want to, or to alter it and compete against the developers with a derivative work. It is a violation of your agreement with the developers and hosting companies, and makes you an oathbreaker and someone who doesn't keep his word. A liar, in plain terms.

It is an egregious assault on the moral rights of the developers.  

Edited by HCHellCaptain
  • Like 7

Those servers are the biggest bs btw, I bet you that when I join a RP/No KoS server and approach someone unarmed (with weapon on back) I get a double tap in my head just like on a "normal" server. 

There's nothing stopping them from "role playing" under normal server rules.

Uh... Actually...

I assume he was going to say "server" but I couldn't hear over the sound of my M4.

... technically this kind of is >xP

No, you should condemn it as wrong. 

People who rent servers are not entitled to have any say in how they're run. Renting a server is not the same as purchasing a license to run the game the way you want to. It is a violation of your agreement with the developers and hosting companies, and makes you a liar, removing all the integrity from your character. 

a violation if No KOS is in-forced, i think you can name your server title what you want.(i could be wrong, and within reason - don't play that card)

so, these people wanna play on no KOS, they are kinda just asking you don't. You want to stop that, so they cant have that, and their server goes cus they cant have what they want (and you feel super:P). Now, if it is a real violation, report it and it will go. you don't have to go on there, you wanna go on it for your own fun. don't try being a white knight.

(edited for typos)

added:

its not like they are saying no Pvp, some servers do say that. They should be your focuse, not the ones that don't want KOS

Edited by Sooden

Indeed, the developers do permit you to name your server and to control certain variables like 3rd Person View and Starting Time. 

That's what you're paying for when you rent a server, that's the consideration you receive in your contract when you pay money to a server hosting company. That's it.

You agree to and are morally required to abide by the rules that the developers stipulate as conditions for renting a server. 

The developers have a strong moral right to manage their intellectual property.

Edited by HCHellCaptain

To sum it up : "The game permit me to be a huge douchebag; so will I !"

• Like 1

Indeed, the developers do permit you to name your server and to control certain variables like 3rd Person View and Starting Time. 

I know they (Dayz) have the rights of the files and how they are run (ownership remains with Dayz), but I am unsure as to the strength on un-enforced 'rules' in titles. This is why it should be reported and not taken into ones own hands

edit:Corrected term

Edited by Sooden

also KOS is not a game function (like attacking) but a player reaction, so as long as people aren't banned for KOS (as it is part of the attacking game action) on a 'non KOS' server, I cant see how it braking any rules . If I am wrong, please explain,  in not one to blatantly follow what I first posted, I can be reasoned with :P

Please debate the OP's 'initiative', without resorting to insults. Remember, we are better than this.

Did people find that very hard to read? Because I've been handing out a good few warnings after posting that.

No more insults in here, make your points without getting personal!

If you reported them instead of collecting them like pokemons, it would be really helpful.

• Like 2

I agree that DayZ with "no KoS" is boring, i just don`t see how you even see the tag when you search for servers, i just click a random server with between 20-40 players and a good ping. The problem here is that you`re actively trying to be some kind of DayZ police and enforce the game rules of the vast majority of servers on a tiny minority that have no effect on your gameplay on other servers. I think you`re just afraid of getting shot so you go "TK" in a sense because there is no retaliation. 

It`s just a game, why you heff to be mad? Why does it burn so intensely in you to stop players from playing a friendlier game if they want to? 

• Like 1