gibonez

Lets talk about 22. lr

What are you talking about 22lr is insanely accurate.

Heck most competition guns are 22lr for a reason.

the-evil-thumbhole-943.jpg

Most 22 lr rifles are built for accuracy and come out fitted with bull barrels this is due to how popular they for plinking and target shooting.

Accurate 50 yards yes. 100 yards+ still very accurate. You just need to know your MOA. Because bullet drop is there with the low cal/weight

• Like 2

I love every civillian weapon that is added over some fancy spec-ops stuff.

I agree, I would like to see more civilian type weapons, with the option to craft attachments. Military loot is fine, but it shouldn't be so commonplace as it is currently.

In other words you cannot just pick up a 22lr and start shooting shit 50+ yards out without knowing something about MOA...your going to miss. A lot lol

CZ452

I like the 452 series rifles and I'd like to see one if the game has a second .22. The CZ should be more accurate.

WQ7BRfK.png

As people probably know, 10/22 is confirmed. Here's a crop from the texture.

EUVsPBo.png

• Like 2

Lots of militaries use silenced 22 lrs.

Israel uses the ruger 1022 with a silencer and optics in combat.

I mentioned Russia and Chechnya because it is relevant to the game but thank you for this new information! :) 

In other words you cannot just pick up a 22lr and start shooting shit 50+ yards out without knowing something about MOA...your going to miss. A lot lol

Um, this goes for all weapons. 

I like the 452 series rifles and I'd like to see one if the game has a second .22. The CZ should be more accurate.

WQ7BRfK.png

EUVsPBo.png

Wish it wasn't an American gun. Feels like the winchester thing all over again. 

Where did you get that texture? Just curious! 

WQ7BRfK.png

EUVsPBo.png

I own a CZ455 (replaced the 452). It's the smoothest most accurate 22lr I own. Really is a nice gun.

Where did you get that texture? Just curious! 

[...]\DayZ\Addons\weapons_firearms\DZ\weapons\firearms\Ruger1022\data :P

I own a CZ455 (replaced the 452). It's the smoothest most accurate 22lr I own. Really is a nice gun.

Have a 452 Lux, they are indeed nice

i like how the 10/22 tactical has a rail and flashhider.. and they call it... TACTICALLLLLLLL...

Don't take it that way. Plenty of skilled hunters have never so much as heard of MOA, but could put you down with .22lr out to 200m with open sights. Most of the world does just fine with Minute of Man rather than Minute of Angle.

• Like 2

[...]\DayZ\Addons\weapons_firearms\DZ\weapons\firearms\Ruger1022\data :P

Have a 452 Lux, they are indeed nice

I don't mean to go off topic but it won't let me Private Message you. I managed to open up the .pbo files but I can't get to the textures. How do you do that? 

Although I have to say with those .22 it will be hard for those spray n' pay people to kill someone. Since you have to land lethal shots with a .22 and i suppose it will be less deadly to get hit by them ingame...

like just a few minutes ago in zelenorgorsk.

I told a guy to get outside the baracks with his weapon lowered...he didnt want to so I fired at him. second guy from behind sprayed me down, only hit one single time though. I ran off and started fireing back, shooting around 5 times, hitting 3 of them. He survived though...couldnt find his body.

But lets get back to the thread.

In our area here (Germany) you cant just have a weapon. I am not aware of any statistics about people that still own secretly a gun at home.

You cant get half automatics, even if they are .22. You cant get cal.50s or anything with military purpose.

You cant get any special optics on your weapons without extra permission and long term check ups on your past etc.

You cant get silencers or muzzle reducers. (correct me if my english terms for those are wrong)

You cant own a weapon without being either in a sports club for shooting or a hunter. (you need gun ownership licenses and handling practice)

[excluding police officers etc, although they dont "owne" their firearms)

So I would really love to have more hunting weapons ingame, so 6.5 or 7.62, both common in hunter circles in Germany and neighbour countries.

Maybe old WW2 weapons kept in grandpas attic secretly hidden from the government and police :)

• Like 1

Although I have to say with those .22 it will be hard for those spray n' pay people to kill someone. Since you have to land lethal shots with a .22 and i suppose it will be less deadly to get hit by them ingame...

like just a few minutes ago in zelenorgorsk.

I told a guy to get outside the baracks with his weapon lowered...he didnt want to so I fired at him. second guy from behind sprayed me down, only hit one single time though. I ran off and started fireing back, shooting around 5 times, hitting 3 of them. He survived though...couldnt find his body.

But lets get back to the thread.

In our area here (Germany) you cant just have a weapon. I am not aware of any statistics about people that still own secretly a gun at home.

You cant get half automatics, even if they are .22. You cant get cal.50s or anything with military purpose.

You cant get any special optics on your weapons without extra permission and long term check ups on your past etc.

You cant get silencers or muzzle reducers. (correct me if my english terms for those are wrong)

You cant own a weapon without being either in a sports club for shooting or a hunter. (you need gun ownership licenses and handling practice)

[excluding police officers etc, although they dont "owne" their firearms)

So I would really love to have more hunting weapons ingame, so 6.5 or 7.62, both common in hunter circles in Germany and neighbour countries.

Maybe old WW2 weapons kept in grandpas attic secretly hidden from the government and police :)

I think .22lr would be great for players like myself who are perfectly content to stay up in the hills and hunt, rarely ever coming south and avoiding cities and military camps. The best way to survive a gun battle is to avoid it. ;)

Edited by 032125
  • Like 1

I think we should have .22 Air Rifles too, perhaps even .177 for the hilarity.

I do jest though, .22 LR seems an obvious inclusion for DayZ Edited by Pants!

And there should be survival stores like IRL. jack wolfskin (i know they are bad but its just an example), Kettner or something likes this.

Accurate 50 yards yes. 100 yards+ still very accurate. You just need to know your MOA. Because bullet drop is there with the low cal/weight

Accuracy and bullet drop are two different things.

I understood your comment as saying that 22 lr are inherently inaccurate.

Who would use such a puny weapon?

New spawns.

It's not intended to be some elite endgame master weapon only found at the most high-end loot areas. It's just a popular caliber that's easy to find.

Sure, the rounds aren't effective against armor, but it's not intended for that. It kills zombies and the occasional wild axe savage just fine.

I mentioned Russia and Chechnya because it is relevant to the game but thank you for this new information! :)

Russia and chechnya are irellevant since the game takes place in the Czech republic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_Czech_Republic

From the looks of it gun policy in the czech republic is pretty lax and it appears weapons from all over the world are bought and used there.

Would make perfect sense for the ruger 1022 to be in game since it is by far the most popular .22 lr rifle in the world.

• Like 1

Czech Republic[edit]

Minimum age to obtain gun license in the Czech Republic[22]
  • 21 - for purposes of collecting, work, self-defense or pyrotechnical survey
  • 18 - for purposes of hunting or sport shooting
  • 15 - for purposes of sport shooting to a member of a shooting club
  • 16 - for purposes of hunting to pupils at schools with hunting curriculum
  • 18 - for purposes of work to pupils at schools conducting education on firearms or ammunition manufacturing

Gun ownership in the Czech Republic is regulated by liberal gun laws compared to the rest of Europe. The last Gun Act was passed in 2001 and replaced the old law tightening the legislation slightly. Generally, handguns in the Czech Republic are available to anybody above statutory age with a clean criminal history who passes tests about gun law and weapon knowledge and a medical inspection (which may optionally include psychological test). Gun ownership is also acceptable for self-defense purposes. Unlike most European countries the Czech gun law allow its citizens to carry a concealed weapon without having any specific reason (In fact-carrying weapons visibly is unlawful). Sport shooting is the third most widespread sport in the country (after football (soccer) and ice hockey).   (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_law#Czech_Republic)

Categories:

Under the current gun law, guns, ammunition and some accessories are divided into four categories:

A - Restricted firearms and accessories

Includes full automatic firearms, military firearms and ammunition not inspected and marked for civilian use, some types of ammunition such as armor piercing and incendiaryammunition, night vision scopes, suppressors and gun mounted laser pointers. The use of hollow point ammunition in pistols is also restricted, however, hollow points are legal to purchase for rifles and pistol carbines.

B - Guns requiring permit 

Includes semi automatic and single or multiple shot handguns, revolvers, semi automatic rifles and shotguns with magazine capacity over 3 rounds or with a detachable magazine,semi automatic military style rifles, rim-fire firearms under 280 mm of length and all shotguns under 600 mm of length. Assault rifles, such as vz. 58 (- precisly: vz.858 - semi-automatic version of rifle, vz.58 belongs to cat.A), are not singled out from other semi automatics and fall into this category. As of 2013, there is no vocal debate on their ban. They are available to any license holder and they are generally not a subject of controversy.

C - Guns requiring registration

Includes single shot or bolt action rifles, shotguns, semi-automatic rifles not included in B, air rifles with muzzle energy over 16 J and black powder repeaters.

D - Guns available to adults above 18 

Includes air guns (muzzle energy up to 16 J), mechanical guns, replicas (black powder), airsoft guns, vintage firearms (manufactured prior to 1890), expansion guns and .22 CB cap(muzzle energy up to 7.5 J).

A person must obtain the Gun License (Zbrojní průkaz) to be allowed to own gun of categories A, B and C. To own a gun in the D category only the age of 18 is required. A, B and C category weapon has to be registered with the police after it is bought.

Edited by =GS=Quobble
  • Like 1

That means:

You can get all de shizzle in Czech!

Yea I am actually quite amazed at how chill the gun laws are there.

Fact that getting a full auto version of a gun simply requires a permit is amazing.

Fact that getting a full auto version of a gun simply requires a permit is amazing.

Brings problems to neighbour countries like Germany.

Since everything is kinda opem (no borders, only sporadic controls) people can go there, get a weapon from the black market and drive back.

But man, I just dont want all those fancy new spec ops weapons anymore. I wish DayZ will get many many "civil" firearms.

Now I know where to go for my 2nd choice of residency.

• Like 2

Brings problems to neighbour countries like Germany.

Since everything is kinda opem (no borders, only sporadic controls) people can go there, get a weapon from the black market and drive back.

But man, I just dont want all those fancy new spec ops weapons anymore. I wish DayZ will get many many "civil" firearms.

It's looking like it will.

Hopefully civilian weapons reign supreme and m4 is as high end as it gets.