gibonez

Lets talk about 22. lr

It's hard to imagine Dayz not represent this tiny VASTLY popular round.

With that said what 22lr rifles and handguns would you people like to see.

Chances are these would be the most prevalent and common firearms alongside shotguns.

I would personally like to see the following two 22lr weapons introduced first.

Savage mark 2

savage22.jpg

The mark 2 is a 230 dollar 22lr rifle that is an absolute tac driver it can actually reach out to 500-600 meters when shooting with a 20 moa rail.

Although at 600m it would do very very little damage this rifle would excel at taking out zombies from a little bit of a distance while remaining quiet and the rifle would be even better at taking out small game in the wilderness without drawing attention due to its low muzzle report. It has a internal 5 round box magazine.

Ruger 1022

indexHeader.jpg

By far one of the worlds most popular 22lr rifles since it was introduced in 1964. It's popularity and performance have flooded this firearm with countless accesories everything from optics to complete stock kits are available for this nifty weapon.

They come with 10 round magazines.

So what 22.lr weapons do you wish to see included in stand alone.

• Like 16

I would like to see the Ruger.  I have one in real life and it's a really nice gun.

I am absolutely in favor of .22 caliber firearms being added to the game. They come highly recommended for dispatching zed quietly and efficiently.

I happen to have a 17 HMR that looks just like what gibonez posted above. She's a beaut.

I believe it was Gews who said there is content in game files for the 10/22

Give me one of those and a suppressor and I'll be a Zombie slaying machine...

A .22 pistol would also be nice to have, if I can get one with a can, even more bettah.

As far as which weapons, I'd be happy with just the Ruger.

Who would use such a puny weapon?

You'd be surprised. State of Decay made a great case for the .22 LR. Plentiful ammo, good accuracy.

Pop a zombie in the head, and the round tends to ricochet around inside the skull, according to Max Brooks.

Of course, if you're a PVP'er, you'll want something else. Not everyone is a bandit, though.

Its the most common firearms in the world.

Its the most versatile weapon too. You can use it to hunt, to target practice, etc.

Within the world of dayz it would make alot of sense. Say you want to scavenge a town safely without drawing attention to yourself.

The 22 lr is quiet enough and ammo is plenty enough that you would be able to take out the zombies in a town not draw aggro from players or zombies.

So you can quietly enter, get out and nobody would know you hit that town.

It has some use as a player killing weapon but it would require lots of skill since only a shot to the heart or head would have any chance at incapacitating a player.

• Like 7

Its the most common firearms in the world.

Its the most versatile weapon too. You can use it to hunt, to target practice, etc.

Within the world of dayz it would make alot of sense. Say you want to scavenge a town safely without drawing attention to yourself.

The 22 lr is quiet enough and ammo is plenty enough that you would be able to take out the zombies in a town not draw aggro from players or zombies.

So you can quietly enter, get out and nobody would know you hit that town.

It has some use as a player killing weapon but it would require lots of skill since only a shot to the heart or head would have any chance at incapacitating a player.

There's a pistol like this in Fallout New Vegas and it's terrible. I would never use it.

They should add better weapons first. There aren't even any shotguns or non-military handguns yet. Let's wait before adding exotic weird guns to fill out the inventory.

• Like 1

There's a pistol like this in Fallout New Vegas and it's terrible. I would never use it.

They should add better weapons first. There aren't even any shotguns or non-military handguns yet. Let's wait before adding exotic weird guns to fill out the inventory.

fallout is not realistic thats why it was bad in game.

4522ea3.jpg

That gun in fallout should also be in dayz its a ruger 2245.

10 round box mag, really accurate can be outfitted with a suppressor. Perfect companion weapon for someone who requires discretion when looting.

• Like 2

a .22 isn't really exotic or weird. It's the most common gun you will find in civilian households along with shotguns.

• Like 3

Hello there

As to Punyness, I really would never want to get hit with a .22 in real life.

My objection would be down to its popularity in the "Eastern Bloc" where DAYZ is based.

Is the 22 common there or do they have their own Warsaw Pact Standard?

Rdgs

LoK

Hello there

As to Punyness, I really would never want to get hit with a .22 in real life.

My objection would be down to its popularity in the "Eastern Bloc" where DAYZ is based.

Is the 22 common there or do they have their own Warsaw Pact Standard?

Rdgs

LoK

22 lr is extremely common world wide due to its extremely low cost and high availability.

Also because 22 lr is such a small around it is legal where as other calibers are not.

• Like 1

One shot to the head with a .22, instantly dead

Also it's not at all an exotic weapon. .22 rifles and pistols are found in literally every gun shop, and the ammo is extremely common

• Like 2

Hello there

Are we basing this knowledge on the US market?

Eastern Block Countries often used unusual calibre rounds, I just wonder if the .22 would be a prevalent round in that style of rural area or whether it would be something different?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I really cant wait to see people fighting it out with 22lrs in dayz and since ammo comes in such huge quantities it would be pretty funny to see the prolonged firefights.

The high bullet drop combined with the inexperience of players with such weapons will be funny to watch first hand.

jufnut.jpg

Look at that tiny little bullet all the way on the left. Ewww, gross.

I doubt that little thing would even shave the hair off my head if it hit me right between the eyes.

Seriously, it's a cheap little bullet and right now we need something cool and amazing instead to attract customers to buy DayZ while it's in alpha development.

• Like 4

If you ever had a chance to fire the Ruger pistol in real life, you'd realize just how much of a piece of garbage it is. Lacking any serious firepower aside, the biggest issue is persistent jamming rendering it unreliable. 

Glock all the way.

• Like 3

I feel completely ashamed for forgetting all about the 22 in terms of DayZ. It's one of the most Iconic zombie slaying calibers there has to be a 22 at some point.

For any previous and future haters of the tiny round I recommend you do some balistics research on the round. Sure it's not very effective when firing at some plate carrier rig but soft targets on the other hand can drop real quick with effective shot placement and there's the pinball effect too..

• Like 2

jufnut.jpg

I doubt that little thing would even shave the hair off my head if it hit me right between the eyes.

Seriously, it's a cheap little bullet and right now we need something cool and amazing instead to attract customers to buy DayZ while it's in alpha development.

I'm convinced you have to be trolling,  While the .22 is not a big round, it is very capable of killing someone.  Have you ever shot a .22 before?  I wouldn't want to get hit by one.

• Like 5

Hell, you can even buy .22 lr ammo at the gas stations around here. Just about everyone I know owns one for hunting squirrels and rabbits or getting rid of nuisances like rats/possums.

.22 is a great all around weapon. Personally I like my pump action .22. Its a bit old sure, but it holds 12 rounds and is fun as hell. :)

• Like 2

At this point it's blatantly obvious that you're just trolling, something you aren't particularly good at

At this point it's blatantly obvious that you're just trolling, something you aren't particularly good at

So you just accuse people of trolling when you have no response I guess.