Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

Old days will never come back.

Let me try to explain.

We was in love for play Dayz Mod Because:

1) You spawn on shore->get your shotgun or Lee Enfield AND ammo(!!!!!!!) in some near barn -> you proceed to go on Stary sobor or Cherno or Electro and you always know ON THAT HILL IS A SNIPER NEST with a man who always BETTER GEARED. So you always been contested with other people. Its always was a CHALLENGE for YOU.

2) If you win that CONTEST against sniper, you run between towns throught forests and always can look at towns and detect people by ZOMBIES (because they spawn in towns only then player was near buildings) ---> Dayz start again - > you stop your movement, you hide in a bush, you look around and you SEEK your pray.

3) VEHICLES AND TENTS INCLUDED.

NO BULLSHITTERY WITH: DAYZ IS A ULTIMATE STRUGGLE TO SURVIVE BLABLABLABLABLABLABLA. GET YOUR DAMAGED BOOTS AND SHITTY WEAPON WITH NO AMMO AND FUCK OFF WE WANNA BUILD OUR GAME BLABLABLA

Its not about ALPHA its all about how CURRENT developer leader vision about the game (terribly wrong is quess) and just read reviews on Steam all of them is HIGHLY negative. And not because of Alpha its so many alpha games on steam and no game has such a big negative reviews on a game then Dayz.

All that essential things that create dayz so good experience got destroyed in new Dayz Standalone.

So.

Dont buy it.

Old days will never come back.

Edited by EddyBalboa
  • Like 1

yeah old days maybe never comeback..and for me, that wasn`t the reason to buy the standalone.
But i searched for the special feeling from the mod and the mods from the mod ^^, the whole environment, the stuff from dayz mod and the mechanics like basebuilding, vehicles, loottours, pvp, maybe missions vs ai like in overpoch etc.

All this stuff is hopefully coming in the next months/years...or atleast in the mods for the standalone.

The big reason why i paused dayz standalone for quite a while now, is because of the missing persistence.
I don`t wanna repack all the stuff every wednesday.
I just wanna craft, loot, search for other people to steal stuff from them, to build my own little base, somewhere in the woods.

With a little fireplace, maybe a truck, tent and yeah...i would be happy. (even if i lost everything to thiefs and have to start again.no prob)

This content is not in the standalone, so i have to wait and hope, that the development of the game will be steady and late-game-stuff will be implemented soon.
But yeah, alpha and other probs like fps, mapchanges, serverarchitecture etc. are more important.
I understand it and have to wait for the real game-content, to come.

Like much people said in the last weeks, months: just wait and give feedback, to play standalone again.
The game is not dead, the developement is still in progress and dayz standalone have big steps to make to be a awesome game at the end, but atleast they are on a good way, in my opinion.
Like the new zombie ai, the already good apocalyptic feeling and different ways to build your char up etc.

Don`t give this game up. The potential is very high and i still believe in the future updates and the team.
There is no reason to be dramatic. Just pause the game and look for it in about 1-2 month steps.

Cheers :)

Edited by Nebuuuu

Its not about ALPHA its all about how CURRENT developer leader vision about the game (terribly wrong is quess) and just read reviews on Steam all of them is HIGHLY negative. And not because of Alpha its so many alpha games on steam and no game has such a big negative reviews on a game then Dayz.

What are you talking about? DayZ is one of the few survival horror games with very positive overall reviews on Steam. Even if a bunch of them are just joke reviews, they offset the deliberately negative crybaby reviews. 

What are you talking about? DayZ is one of the few survival horror games with very positive overall reviews on Steam. Even if a bunch of them are just joke reviews, they offset the deliberately negative crybaby reviews. 

Go to the reviews page and select anything but the "Most Helpful (All time)" and you will see the reallity.

This game is a fucking joke, over 2 years of development and it is stuck almost on the same spot that I saw at the early-access launch. To be honest I feel cheated and if it was possible I would try to chargeback, I feel ashamed for supporting this team of devs. Its really stupid when you see games that came out later on the early access program and are already launched as full game.

Just a few examples for you:

http://prntscr.com/7dbmqt

http://prntscr.com/7dbmu2

http://prntscr.com/7dbmyu

http://prntscr.com/7dbn1t

the positive on this one is in fact negative

http://prntscr.com/7dbnag

• Like 1

Go to the reviews page and select anything but the "Most Helpful (All time)" and you will see the reallity.

This game is a fucking joke, over 2 years of development and it is stuck almost on the same spot that I saw at the early-access launch. To be honest I feel cheated and if it was possible I would try to chargeback, I feel ashamed for supporting this team of devs. Its really stupid when you see games that came out later on the early access program and are already launched as full game.

Just a few examples for you:

http://prntscr.com/7dbmqt

http://prntscr.com/7dbmu2

http://prntscr.com/7dbmyu

http://prntscr.com/7dbn1t

the positive on this one is in fact negative

http://prntscr.com/7dbnag

Like I said, crybaby reviews. It's like you took every page right out of their manual.

Like I said, crybaby reviews. It's like you took every page right out of their manual.

Yeah man you right. All this reviews on last 3 months just all CRYBABY REVIEWS. Only you see the truth how this game is amazing develop.

I cant see worse avatar on internet than your BTW.

MAN DUDE WHAT WRONG WITH YOU ARE YOU SICK???

Well, its clear that you enjoy the fact that you just wasted U$30 on this game and will defend your "investment" without much logic.

To be honest, I don't care, have fun on this shitty game that can't move forward into development and can't meet their own deadlines/milestones.

But they are crybaby reviews. It's the exact same nonsense they come spewing here on the reg. It's all the mantras. "More than two years in alpha", "Zombie wallhax", "The developers don't care about us", "There is zero progress and improvement" and my personal favorite "Dean Hall is in Tahiti, rubbing his nipples with your money".

Stop calling it an investment, you're not Warren Buffett. Many complainers bought a game without knowing anything about it because they saw some "YouTube personality" playing with his buddies having big ol' fights at the airfield, and now they're pissed off because the developers aren't making it the way they mistakenly think it should be.

Which is sad for people with legitimate complaints, really, because they get lumped in with the rest of 'em. 

Edited by Sacha

i wondered where all the asshats were posting their demanding "its been three years and nothing has changed" "fix it now" and "dean is masturbating with my money" comments. 1000% laughable amusing goodness...and all over a $30 game. just awesome....please continue the idiocy :)

to all the others--yes it is worth buying with caveats--realize it is early access and all development branches are for just that, development of the game. stable branch will be, well...the "most" stable but it is only meant to be "playable" and will of course, overall, be broken. if you have 4th grade reading and comprehension skills you will know not to expect everything to work perfect (and sometimes not work at all) because that is what you will agree to when you purchase it, and you will have to agree again every time you play it. if you are easily frustrated, believe fox news doesnt skew every story, hold things you have no control over to your own irrational expectations, lack patience, or are afraid to kind of "go it on your own", or want to cry about the state of something as opposed to take part in fixing it, then absolutely ffs do not buy this game. 

also, if being unsatisfied with a $30(+$4.99 for the fucktards) purchase will end your world, do not buy this game...

i personally own 3 copies: main rig, guest rig, and one for my server when that option becomes available. 3 copies of Arma2 for the Mod also. i consider this game and the Mod both easily worth the money.

*edit always

Edited by thznutz

I would suggest against it. The only difference I've seen in the past two years that I, regrettably, purchased it is an increase in glitches.

Oh, and if you complain about these glitches and quote the devs when they lie you'll get your comments deleted.

The majority of the "positive" reviews ARE jokes. When you take those out, the ratio of negative to positive is overwhelming. Even with them, it's nearly even.

And, just to be clear, I don't see "Hey, the only new content we've gotten in two years are more glitches!" as a "deliberately negative crybaby" mentality. It actually seems that you think honest reviews are indicative of "crybaby" status.

Wouldn't that make YOU a crybaby? Tool...No beans for you.

i wondered where all the asshats were posting their demanding "its been three years and nothing has changed" "fix it now" and "dean is masturbating with my money" comments. 1000% laughable amusing goodness...and all over a $30 game. just awesome....please continue the idiocy :)

to all the others--yes it is worth buying with caveats--realize it is early access and all development branches are for just that, development of the game. stable branch will be, well...the "most" stable but it is only meant to be "playable" and will of course, overall, be broken. if you have 4th grade reading and comprehension skills you will know not to expect everything to work perfect (and sometimes not work at all) because that is what you will agree to when you purchase it, and you will have to agree again every time you play it. if you are easily frustrated, believe fox news doesnt skew every story, hold things you have no control over to your own irrational expectations, lack patience, or are afraid to kind of "go it on your own", or want to cry about the state of something as opposed to take part in fixing it, then absolutely ffs do not buy this game. 

also, if being unsatisfied with a $30 purchase will end your world, do not buy this game...

i personally own 3 copies: main rig, guest rig, and one for my server when that option becomes available. 3 copies of Arma2 for the Mod also. i consider this game and the Mod both easily worth the money.

*edit always

Umm, dude? It's 35, not 30.

Sheesh, you can't even post the price accurately. Why would anything else you say have any type of weight?

Sheesh, you can't even post the price accurately. Why would anything else you say have any type of weight?

Most people bought it for $30.

I put over 300 hours into this game back in the day, not counting multiples of that in the mod, and I loved it to bits but coming back to SA recently yielded nothing positive at all. I made a ton of excuses for this game because it was early in development, I bought multiple copies of it for friends costing me well over £100 in total, and I'm sad to see it has not improved at all. In fact it seems to be worse and the population has dried up. I know they have added tons of town and items but considering how much time has passed I can't help but say the core game is broken beyond usefulness.

At this rate of development, I'm sorry, this game is never ever going to be finished. I used to constantly make excuses for the devs but this is simply an utter stillbirth, Dean made the right choice getting out to pursue other things instead of having the game hanging around his neck like a millstone for the rest of his career.

I know some people will be angry at this post. I never thought I'd be writing it, believe me.

• Like 1

um, actually its $34.99...so not sure how you are all on some high horse about accuracy. perhaps you want me to break the price down on averaging daily sales since it went into pre-alpha? given that you "havent noticed anything but glitches in the last two years" (too funny...2 years) i figured it would be a stretch comprehension-wise to get what i am talking about.

i wish i had posted my comment before you bought it, because you obviously dont meet what i consider the basic requirements to participate, and perhaps that may have dissuaded you from this purchase.

agree/disagree idgaf---but to say nothing has changed in 2 years (is it December already?) or that an Alpha is broken (just wow...kinda supposed to be at this point) is...well....just ridiculous

*yup--edited for clarity that will be lost in the fog of "i'm right DayZ sucks"

Edited by thznutz

I put over 300 hours into this game back in the day, not counting multiples of that in the mod, and I loved it to bits but coming back to SA recently yielded nothing positive at all. I made a ton of excuses for this game because it was early in development, I bought multiple copies of it for friends costing me well over £100 in total, and I'm sad to see it has not improved at all. In fact it seems to be worse and the population has dried up. I know they have added tons of town and items but considering how much time has passed I can't help but say the core game is broken beyond usefulness.

At this rate of development, I'm sorry, this game is never ever going to be finished. I used to constantly make excuses for the devs but this is simply an utter stillbirth, Dean made the right choice getting out to pursue other things instead of having the game hanging around his neck like a millstone for the rest of his career.

I know some people will be angry at this post. I never thought I'd be writing it, believe me.

i get that you are probably embellishing, but what? 900hours?

ish? total-Mod and SA? its evidently cheap entertainment if nothing else.  not sure what else i can get for three cents an hour, wouldnt even want to look. you're right, it sucks. i'd have figured that out back in the day holmes....but then so many hours after? you're vested...chill out and see how it plays out

new folk:

buy it..play it right and you will almost live it (really, i have bushes as friends), there is nothing like it either way, wrong can be fun too. do your own research, make your own decisions, heed the warnings. after that its on you...buyer beware

and enjoy

• Like 2

There were in average about over 15.000 Players in February, playing DayZ SA.
In May only 6.500 Players in average left.
Also the peakplayer-statistics getting lower.

http://steamcharts.com/app/221100

Even if there are crybabies and this is early access, alpha etc., it`s a sign to the developer to speed up a little and hold up the interest for DayZ SA, because other games are nearly published or in the line.

Edited by Nebuuuu

I changed my opinion. Even though it is an admirable effort, I would not buy Dayz again, now. I'd wait until it goes to Beta and see what kind of reviews it gets. I mean, I play ARK and the game design here is flawless. There are small things you don't even notice at first that help organise your gameplay. Dayz has very nice models and animations for most weapons, but it lacks the technical competence of games like ARK, which updates every day, sometimes more often. Small issues I noticed a few days ago are already fixed. Dayz devs on the contrary know very well about the games problems, but important things don't really get fixed. We just always wait on the next miracle. This time it is the renderer/performance and working persistence/database. 

Wait till Beta. They made enough money on this and smaller teams have done better on other games in the meantime. Dayz might become awesome, but it needs heaps of work. I know the map is huge, but it's not dense at all. In ARK every mile is packed with action and the map has caves and underwater detail that are simply amazing. Shows how good Unreal Engine is, really. Dayz's engine isn't cut out to deliver satisfying melee, which is why I don't understand the amount of melee weapons; most of which I never used. There is something flawed with the game design and things don't come together fast enough, for my taste. I know ARK is in Beta, not Alpha, but my god what a beta it is. Better with every update, happy players, no rage. Dayz = wait for Beta.

Edited by S3V3N

thanks for the player stats--means nothing really, if you are considering buying DayZ, dont do it based on popularity. Maybe thats what alot of those "no longer playing" people did, as opposed to researching it/making decisions based off the facts. Also, maybe those folk are just playing other things. Nothing wrong with that, in no way means they wont be back later. the Dev's themselves have said they prefer people that get frustrated or feel they aren't getting the experience they want to just wait until Beta or even final release. this has always been the case since Rocket basically said dont buy it at the beginning of this thread. As far as the Dev's needing to speed up, i pray they dont see it this way--hopefully they see it as "we must get it right for sure now matter how long it takes, all of these folks bought the Alpha".

S3v3n--an opinion that doenst reek of entitlement--awesome and thank you (seriously). Ark is a great game, been playing it as well, but lets not pretend its perfect. its in Beta and it has a LONG way to go optimization-wise. it CTD sometimes and has framerate issues too, and if i see another 30 ton dinosaur stuck on a tiny tree i chop down with four punches... i'll...well, kill it...lol...easy meat/hide and XP...but it is kinda dumb looking/somewhat annoying and whats up with everything being based off of proximity? get your ax out, walk up to a tree, face away from it and chop it down. breaks the immersion a bit, but minor gripes. there are also some solid names associated with Ark, folks that have been around for a while with other big titles under their belts, so chances are it has been worked on/schemed over for quite a while. maybe they were just waiting on the right engine to be able to pull off what they wanted. at any rate it is a fine game, but a Beta (working the bugs out) which shouldn't be compared to a game still in Alpha (feature installation). anyways...you are correct, there are alot of folks that will be better served waiting for at least Beta.

So with an ALPHA sticker you can justify just about anything!!! Brake through deadlines? Alphaa! Stuck in development? Alphaaa!! Did not come to work today? Aplphaaa!

Edited by Calvin Candie

looking back at bad reviews, i can't understand how people can spend 75-1000+ hours in a 20$-35$ alpha game and be so dam negative about it. i can understand bad reviews with less than 20 hours, the guy tried and didn't like it, ok then. 

but some have  more than 400hours in dayz and still highly don't recommend the game saying it's total bullshit ??? how can you spend that mutch time in a game that you don't like ??? it either being totally dumb or highly frustrated... 

an alpha require patience, if you feel frustrated, take a break. DayZ is a bold initiative, an ambitious project breaking casual standard of common AAA games. the frustration many players feel is related with current gaming inductrie strategy IMO.

[semi-off topic]

Gaming industrie with increasing profits as a goal makes you play games like fast-food, steam is a dam macdonald. games must be fast, easy and entertain the customer for 10-20 hours then you trash it and buy another game. to sustain their objectives, the must make new games really fast, implying : short games from known franchises (mortal combat, assassins creed, call of duty, battlefield, PES...) that pre-sell and sell very well for 3-4 month, then it's dead and sold in bundle or discount. alternative ends, replayability, meh, that's not worth the time/money they require. big content ? meh, we'll make more money by cutting the game in pieces of DLC. a new highly marketed game is out every two months, players are impatient and can't stand the pace of development of dayz, i get it. they NEED to play far cry 13, fallout 19, call of duty dark : space ops or pro evolution soccer 121. but please stop whining and continue your fastfood gaming experience, play your assassins creed 15 and don't shit on a game that tries to be innovative and not a mass junkfood shitty game like EA or Ubisoft pieces of crap[/semi-off topic]

sorry to disappoint you but the game will be out around 2017, after roughtly 3 years of developpement, which is quite common for a game of that size and ambition. 

Edited by Zboub le météor

So I made an account especially for this!!

Firstly Devs keep up the good work "slow and steady wins the race" I've left and come back yes there's some things I don't like but I can see its potential it's an alpha hopefully a beta by years end.

Now for the next part you whiners are all a bunch of cunts!!! Yes I said it(ready to get banned from this) The new patch comes out you all stop going crying play it and die few times and oh it's to easy to get loot oh he shot me through a wall oh I can't Put a long range scope on the mosin well fought shot!!

Go play cod or something else we need positive helpful people to the community and the progression of these games not cry babies go suck on your mothers teets!!

Most people bought it for $30.

And I think I paid about fifteen. Basically, the price is still changing, and if you want to be taken seriously quote it correctly when you do.

And I think I paid about fifteen. Basically, the price is still changing, and if you want to be taken seriously quote it correctly when you do.

for someone that also quoted the price incorrectly you sure like to point out others doing so...evidently you do not want to be taken seriously either. yes, the vast majority of purchasers paid the $29.99, as the price did not change until the fall steam sale of 2014.

quoted from PC Gamer, Nov 25, 2014

"Technically speaking, the first price hike is already here. Bohemia said in a press release that the current price of $30 will be maintained until the end of the big Steam sale, but it's actually already been increased to $35and then put on sale for 15 percent off, dropping it back down to the $30 mark until December 2. It will go up again to $44 when DayZ enters beta, currently planned for near the end of 2015, and then take a final jump to $50 when it goes into full release."

notice how they also quote the price "wrong"...so much for taking them serious i guess. so according to you, anyone that rounds up for simplicity is incompetent...yourself included

by the way--DayZ has never been $15--seriously

*yup-edit

Edited by thznutz

So with an ALPHA sticker you can justify just about anything!!! Brake through deadlines? Alphaa! Stuck in development? Alphaaa!! Did not come to work today? Aplphaaa!

considering that is basically the definition of Alpha, i would say that yes, about anything can be justified up to and including halting development of said Alpha. Didnt really read all that legal mumbo-jumbo before buying it did ya? :)