Laptop

Win 7

6GB DDR3 Memory Ram

Intel Core i3-2350M Processor

Intel HD Graphics 3000

500GB HDD

?

Cheers!

It would run, but it wouldn't be pretty. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend buying the game with the intention of running it on that machine. Sorry!

Hey guys, I've posted this a while ago, I would still like some feedback please ?

I have the A-10 5800K and it's running pretty decent. I found it helpful to go into my bios and specify how much video ram for the onboard graphics to use... It's default setting is 512mb. It is supposed to automatically increase it on demand, but it still seems to run better. I am still only high 20's in the wild and drop like a stone to the teens in the cities. I even saw 0 FPS once so... I have almost everything on normal except shadows and clouds. I ordered an R9 280 from Newegg this morning. I currently have my CPU overclocked to 4ghz... It wasn't stable at 4.2, but maybe with the new GPU and the onboard disabled I will be good to go or maybe won't even need it.

Yours is not that far off from my setup so I think you can manage... especially if you turn some things down.

Edited by Gearjammer

It would run, but it wouldn't be pretty. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend buying the game with the intention of running it on that machine. Sorry!

Could you suggest purchasing the game now, avoiding the need to purchase it when it gets more expensive, and suffering the badness of the performance, until I get a new computer, avoiding the extra costs on the game that it will become when it is released.

My computer seems to run 1.7.4 Minecraft VERY WELL, at about 12 chunk render distance and fast graphics, and that was the most Needy Update there was.  I don't have trouble running up to 100 mods at once either!. if the make matters, EasyNoteTS  (Packard Bell)

Could you suggest purchasing the game now, avoiding the need to purchase it when it gets more expensive, and suffering the badness of the performance, until I get a new computer, avoiding the extra costs on the game that it will become when it is released.

My computer seems to run 1.7.4 Minecraft VERY WELL, at about 12 chunk render distance and fast graphics, and that was the most Needy Update there was.  I don't have trouble running up to 100 mods at once either!. if the make matters, EasyNoteTS  (Packard Bell)

Unfortunately Minecraft and DayZ are entirely different kettles of fish.

If you're planning to buy a more game-oriented system in the near future then that's different though. Just know that the game will perform very poorly on your current laptop.

Unfortunately Minecraft and DayZ are entirely different kettles of fish.

If you're planning to buy a more game-oriented system in the near future then that's different though. Just know that the game will perform very poorly on your current laptop.

But would it be playable, like a laggy Minecraft Server sort of or just general FPS lag, cause i get that a lot on MC but i can use it.

But would it be playable, like a laggy Minecraft Server sort of or just general FPS lag, cause i get that a lot on MC but i can use it.

It would be playable for the most part but I would expect very low/borderline unplayable frame rates in cities, and you'd have to do some config tweaking.

This topic should help...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

The difference is that in DayZ an FPS drop can cause you to die and lose everything that you've gained over the last week, which I imagine would be incredibly frustrating.

I would recommend downloading ArmA 2: Free as a kind of test. The system requirements are fairly similar so if that's unplayable then you won't be able to run DayZ very well.

I have the A-10 5800K and it's running pretty decent. I found it helpful to go into my bios and specify how much video ram for the onboard graphics to use... It's default setting is 512mb. It is supposed to automatically increase it on demand, but it still seems to run better. I am still only high 20's in the wild and drop like a stone to the teens in the cities. I even saw 0 FPS once so... I have almost everything on normal except shadows and clouds. I ordered an R9 280 from Newegg this morning. I currently have my CPU overclocked to 4ghz... It wasn't stable at 4.2, but maybe with the new GPU and the onboard disabled I will be good to go or maybe won't even need it.

Yours is not that far off from my setup so I think you can manage... especially if you turn some things down.

Thank you for your help. I'm now thinking of buying the game.

Hi im Icewolf and im running the game using WindowsXP 2 gig of ram dual 3.5ghz processors and a nvidea460gx videocard with1gb and im not having any trouble except the game runs very fast and hard to control the aiming to pick things up. Oh and DirectX10

• Like 1

Can I run it

Manufacture: acer

Model: aspire x3400g

Processor: AMD Athlon II x2 225 processor 3.10GHz

And I know I have a nvidia grphics card and windows 7

Edited by Toogdtobetrue

Is the i7 or i5 better for gaming?     I can afford i7 but I've heard it slows down some games, is this true?

Im  thinking about getting this card from a friend...will I be able to play Dayz on anything better than 'Very Low" graphics settings?

***im hoping that it will be good enough for crystal clear graphics***

I would suggest the GTX 720 as far as the GeForce series goes.

But I think you should be good to play on low-medium with 30+ FPS. :D

Not very high but definetely better than very low, but dayz mainly relies on your cpu also ram of 8gb or more and installing it to an ssd can greatly increase the performance.

• Like 1

Thanks, i have a 1tb harddrive and i "think" 6gb ram....4 yr old computer. Its crazy how fast technology grows and makes a top of the line computer back then, almost useless today :(

ill pop the card in and hope that its better than what i have

Also, what's your CPU/GPU?

Is the i7 or i5 better for gaming?     I can afford i7 but I've heard it slows down some games, is this true?

As previously mentioned, i5 is more than good enough. There's no reason to pay 100 more for ~10% improvement and more expensive does not always equal better so I'd definitely save my cash and put it on some good set of headphones instead

Edited by Colonel-Wicked
  • Like 1

Hello,

I interested in purchasing this game but not sure if it will run okay on my PC.

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Monitor resolution: 
CPU: Intel Pentium @ 3GHz (2 core)
Graphics card: NVIDIA geforce 315 512MB
RAM: 4GB
SSD? No

Thanks very much for your time.

It may struggle a bit. We still don't know the final performance of the game as there are going to be major changes and additions soon, like the addition of physics and a new renderer. It will probably get better (the performance) but by how much? Who knows.

I would personally recommend something 7XX flavoured, something like a 770 gtx.

Edited by Ben_uk

Not very high but definetely better than very low, but dayz mainly relies on your cpu also ram of 8gb or more and installing it to an ssd can greatly increase the performance.

2 solid posts of info i have read in 1 day your in the wrong forum here we spread bull and rumour LOL. The op graphic card will handle the game fine on medium ( dayz is not all that graphically intensive) Trully it is your CPU that will be the biggest factor on how well it will run( that and server choice helps)

The ssd will aid in stopping stutters caused by a bottleneck from the harddrive( the game constanly streams from your drive) and will also solve alot of pop ups and slow to render the higher level textures at close range ( eg low texture from distance and you draw close it loads the better texture slow hard drive then you will have noticable change over of textures which can be also the GPU but the 560 will handle this game well enough.

Lol yeah, im just trying to inform people so theres less of the whiny little bitches.