OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Desktop <---

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo)

Graphics card: EVGA GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2GB GDDR5

RAM: 8GB DDR3

SSD? No

Wondering the average fps on standalone.

Desktop <---
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo)
Graphics card: EVGA GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3
SSD? No

Wondering the average fps on standalone.

My friend with an FX-6300 and GTX 760 gets 30 to ~60 FPS on mostly "high" settings.

Thanks for all your advice.  I've looked a bit around and seen that definitely gaming laptops aren't worth buying.

What would be the best configuration you suggest, for instance for an AlienWare desktop machine?  Money is not a problem.  On the other hand I simply don't want to spend for useless gizmos.  For instance, is a double graphic card worth buying?

I know this might be a silly question. But, I want to be sure I know what will work before designing a PC around gaming.

Thanks in advance.

Great. Thanks everyone. I was hoping that was the case. Waiting for huge paycheck to build my DayZ PC.   :D

Yes, I have that bookmarked from a previous post. Thanks. :D

• Like 1

it runs in 32 bit right now and winxp compatibility mode offers the most performance fyi

So it runs better on Windows XP in 32 bit?

So it runs better on Windows XP in 32 bit?

Nothing runs as good on 32 as it will on 64, for the simple fact 64bit windows can utilize more RAM, though I'm not sure how RAM hungry DayZ actually is..

Great. Thanks everyone. I was hoping that was the case. Waiting for huge paycheck to build my DayZ PC.   :D

Merged

I was wondering what frames, ect. I would get with this rig.

Desktop

Resolution: 1920x1080 and 1280x1024

CPU: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon HD Graphics  (4 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Graphics card: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB GDDR5 967 MHz clock

RAM: 16GB DDR3 3005 MHz clock

SSD: No

Hi, I'm currently in the market for a gaming PC and have been offered the below systems. Which would be better to run dayz and at what sort of fps?

Desktop

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090ti 6 cores

Graphics card: GTX680 2gb

RAM: 4GB

OR

Desktop

CPU: i5 3470

Graphics card: GTX 680 2gb

RAM: 6gb

I was wondering what frames, ect. I would get with this rig.

Desktop

Resolution: 1920x1080 and 1280x1024

CPU: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon HD Graphics  (4 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Graphics card: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB GDDR5 967 MHz clock

RAM: 16GB DDR3 3005 MHz clock

It's difficult to say as I'm not familiar with those A series CPUs but I would have thought 30-60 FPS on mostly "high" settings.

Hi, I'm currently in the market for a gaming PC and have been offered the below systems. Which would be better to run dayz and at what sort of fps?

Desktop

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090ti 6 cores

Graphics card: GTX680 2gb

RAM: 4GB

OR

Desktop

CPU: i5 3470

Graphics card: GTX 680 2gb

RAM: 6gb

The second one is the better system. It should run almost maxed out with 40-60 FPS.

@Mos1ey thanks for the reply, 2nd system ordered.

Any time. :)

Enjoy!

Thanks for all your advice.  I've looked a bit around and seen that definitely gaming laptops aren't worth buying.

What would be the best configuration you suggest, for instance for an AlienWare desktop machine?  Money is not a problem.  On the other hand I simply don't want to spend for useless gizmos.  For instance, is a double graphic card worth buying?

You may have to decide whether to go the prebuild ( alienware etcetera ) route or pick parts and build one yourself ( or supply those parts to a nearest shop that will put it together for you.

IMO the most fun is to build one yourself as its rather easy with basic knowledge and common sense, not to mention that you will maximize the performance per money spent . I would never buy pre- build systems as they tend to skimp on some parts but I appreciate it works out for some.

As from this link, composed by Shadow 134

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/196501-gaming-pc-budget-builds/

Even with nearly unlimited budget, I don't see how anyone would need anything better than the 

$1,100

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($64.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($79.99 @ Micro Center) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.43 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card:  Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($379.99 @ Amazon) 
Case:  Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1102.34
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-19 11:52 EDT-0400)

It is well balanced and easily upgradeable PC for reasonable cash. Actually pretty much the best for that sort of money

The only thing I disagree with is the Seagate HDD which I hate ( seagate ) but thats a personal bias talking. Anyways, I recommend WD Caviar blue series, 1Tb should be sufficient.

You could also get little better power supply, not that theres anything wrong with corsair as they make excellent supplies ( For just few quid more you could get the RX or TX series instead ) but some appreciate even higher efficiency but is again, purely subjective.  

Edited by Colonel-Wicked
  • Like 1

can i run dayz standalone. here are my specs:

cpu: AMD phenom x3 8650 2.3ghz

GPU amd radeon 7850 powercolour edition

Ram: 4GB

mobo: Asrock N68PV-GS

Desktop or laptop? Lap Top

Monitor resolution: 17.3" LED display with 1920 x 1080

CPU: 2.4GHz Intel Core i7 4700HQ

Graphics card: 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM and dedicated NVIDIA GTX 765M

RAM:* 16Gb

SSD? (Yes/No) No

All the informations are here:

• --17.3" LED display with 1920 x 1080 resolution offers a stunning viewing experience
  • --2.4GHz Intel Core i7 4700HQ processor with 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM and dedicated NVIDIA GTX 765M graphics card offers enthusiast-level graphics and performance so you can power through your most demanding applications seamlessly
  • --2TB hard drive running at 5400RPM offers ample space to store all your documents, videos, photos and more
  • --Gigabit Ethernet port and 802.11ac WiFi for reliable and superfast internet over wired or wireless networks
  • --Bluetooth 4.0 capability, USB 3.0 ports, VGA and HDMI outputs, and mini DisplayPort offer versatile connectivity options so you can hook up to a variety of peripherals like your printer or big screen TV, or bridge Bluetooth-ready mobile devices
  • --Isolated arrow keys for desktop-like control
  • --Thermal system with dual rear vents provides access to vent covers for easy removal and cleaning
  • --Battery lasts up to 4 hours
  • --Preloaded with Windows 8 operating system in English and French

Desktop

i5-4570

GTX 770

8GB RAM

SSD? Yes

1920x1080

I run the game now at about 40 fps but with Rendering all off shadows all off and clouds off, objects on normal textures both on High. Getting about 35 FPS in a city

Was wondering should I be looking at better graphics with 35 fps in cities? Or is this a normal fps for what kind of graphics I'm running? Cause the game does not look very good with these graphics =\

Desktop

i5-4570

GTX 770

8GB RAM

SSD? Yes

1920x1080

I run the game now at about 40 fps but with Rendering all off shadows all off and clouds off, objects on normal textures both on High. Getting about 35 FPS in a city

Was wondering should I be looking at better graphics with 35 fps in cities? Or is this a normal fps for what kind of graphics I'm running? Cause the game does not look very good with these graphics =\

Water cool your CPU and then over clock the crap out of it. 

Hi, im already playing dayz but on a really bad laptop at 10-15 FPS and i am looking to buy a new PC.

At what FPS could i run the game at with:

AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz

ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB 1.14Ghz

or the

AMD FX 8350

with the same graphics card

thanks

Johnny

Hi, im already playing dayz but on a really bad laptop at 10-15 FPS and i am looking to buy a new PC.

At what FPS could i run the game at with:

AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz

ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB 1.14Ghz

or the

AMD FX 8350

with the same graphics card

thanks

Johnny

Merged.

Also, I'd go with the FX-8350 build with an aftermarket cooler and overclock it.