yotimmyg@gmail.com

Ok i get it.. its alpha.. but this is worse than the mod.

What the developers say:

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

That big ass disclaimer is there to stop idiots like you from buying the alpha in the first place.

Take your tone down a notch, or go try being a games developer yourself. Not trying to sound like a know it all, but I'm studying to be a games dev at the moment, and I can appreciate how much work goes into this process. A year and a half for a game like this? That's fucking impressive considering they've almost redone Everything. This is more stable than some final release games I've played. Hell I had more problems with BF4 than i had with this so far.

Edited by DERANG3R
  • Like 2

I am glad you are able to see the wisdom & truth of my post. I don't care how good the concept is. 6 guys completing DayZ with features above and beyond what were available in the mod is going to take years. Waiting until 2016 is clearly out of the question. Considering we are over a year into development and its still just 6 guys working on it raises many red flags to even the most inexperienced person.

the lack of enough ressources is/was indeed my deepest fear, i'll give you that, but clearly something which is not in Dean's power. He may say "but we need moar!" if BI says sorry can't/don't want, then what'll you do? We can complain about the circumstance but not about Dean and his team in this case.

Why you guys even arguing in obviously troll thread? The guy who started a topic is either a WarZ (as we all know WarZ devs can do everything for money: lie to people, create the same game with different interface "nether" just to get double cash) sent propaganda manager or just a complete stupid kid or retard. Everyone was kinda warned NOT to buy a game if they want to enjoy it (as its early alpha). And the guy starting the topic still bought it and now complaining. Pls dont feed the troll

I'm getting a kick out of seeing certain recognizable names of people who are complaining/supporting complainers. I won't make specific mention of anyone but it applies to many threads.

They complained because the game wasn't out when they wanted it out (and refused to listen to why that was), and they're complaining now when the game is out (because they refused to listen to warnings given about bugs/content). I think I see a trend.

Tell you what, people who haven't stopped crying since last December- hell, I'll even settle with people who have been crying since this November- I'm going to let you in on a little secret. This game will never ever be good. Like ever. Not even close. They'll just suck money out of you until you've got nothing left (real life looting ensues) and they'll be laughing. Just abandon the game now. Leave and never come back because all the developers will ever do is let you down. It will be so liberating to be free of this horrible, disappointing game after months and months of stressing over how little it meets your expectations. Just go now and thank me later. In fact, I don't need thanks. Just go.

• Like 1

The conclusion is that unless there is some major reworking of management decisions DayZ will most likely reach version 1.0 in 2016-17 and even then not that much improved over its predecessor.

I don't know who put this Dean guy in charge, he clearly isn't a strong leader. The development team needs more developers. There should be 15-30 developers working on this full time hammering away. Instead there is 6. This is unacceptable.

So don't play it?

The have who they have. Are you gonna give them the money to pay those extra developers your suggesting? No.

The mod has become what it is as a result of a whole community of people working on it to make it what the players want, and its been changing for almost 2 years. Thats already more time than the Sa has been in devolpment. Christ why did you buy the game if you expected more than was CLEARLY stated it was going to contain?

• Like 1

Sorry, but i'm already loving the SA. Yes there are bugs but we all knew it would have them and you were reminded of the fact ever time you log in. Also, ive Alpha/Beta tested quite a few games over the years i've been playing and the bugs in the SA are nothing compared to bugs in the other games. Take World Of Warcraft. I was in the first wave of beta testers for the Cataclysm expansion and that thing was so bugged it was unreal. Bugs like going to some parts of the map and you would lose your character forever and have to delete and create a new one.

Edited by Spikér

the lack of enough ressources is/was indeed my deepest fear, i'll give you that, but clearly something which is not in Dean's power. He may say "but we need moar!" if BI says sorry can't/don't want, then what'll you do? We can complain about the circumstance but not about Dean and his team in this case.

I think they have quite the team on it now.

And by my math, based on the last numbers I heard, they made about 4.5 million dollars in 24 hours. (It was 150,000 people x $30USD)... from a game the developers themselves told everyone not to buy. I think they'll get the resources they need to make sure it continues along this path of success.

Hopefully there's nothing to worry about!

• Like 2

I don't think there's anything to worry about! It's in alpha and it's got smooth performance and playable basic functionality, which is what they wanted.

So in book they seems to have achieved what they were aiming for with this. Like I said, I had more problems with BF4 running than i have had with this

• Like 2

Tell you what, people who haven't stopped crying since last December- hell, I'll even settle with people who have been crying since this November- I'm going to let you in on a little secret. This game will never ever be good. Like ever. Not even close. They'll just suck money out of you until you've got nothing left (real life looting ensues) and they'll be laughing. Just abandon the game now. Leave and never come back because all the developers will ever do is let you down. It will be so liberating to be free of this horrible, disappointing game after months and months of stressing over how little it meets your expectations. Just go now and thank me later. In fact, I don't need thanks. Just go.

DayZ = Meth?
  • Like 1

Surely after the million dollars they have just made of steam they can employ more than 6 people.

After all the money just pulled in they should employ a squad of new Day Z workers and get the sh*t finished ASAP.
Taking another year is taking the piss in my opinion!

NE0

I think fanboys should just gtfo of this forum. All they do is quote Rockets warning and keep saying its an ALPHA. We all know its an ALPHA. Thats why we complain and tell the developers whats should be fixed. Like that loot only spawn at server restart.Eventually the loot will be completly gone at the coast and near by and that will make it hopless to go further north. Yes the game is suppose to be hard, but also enjoyable and its NOT enjoyable now.

I hope Rocket doesn't listen to fanboys because then the ALPHA would not improve because they just say great ALPHA  Rocket, nothing is wrong with it.

I don't think there's anything to worry about! It's in alpha and it's got smooth performance and playable basic functionality, which is what they wanted.

So in book they seems to have achieved what they were aiming for with this. Like I said, I had more problems with BF4 running than i have had with this

I've given up on BF4. It was my first Battlefield game and it's been such a disappointment. I'll go back to it in a few months to see if they've patched it up enough.

Or I guess I could go spend the next few months-year playing it, being disappointed, and spamming their forums with how incompetent they are.

By the way, you seem to have quite a level head and logical insight about the game/release despite being so new. I hope you stick around, so far I've enjoyed every one of your 3 posts and it's always nice to have new forum members who make a solid contribution from the start!

• Like 1

Surely after the million dollars they have just made of steam they can employ more than 6 people.

After all the money just pulled in they should employ a squad of new Day Z workers and get the sh*t finished ASAP.

Taking another year is taking the piss in my opinion!

NE0

You know what was shouted out... another year development. After that you buy it. Than you make a post about "hurry up fuckers".

My opinion is you are a arogant idiot.

Edited by NoCheats

Mouse control is awful-worse than Arma 2

Acceleration and flickery aim - this is the prime problem in my opinion how can it feel good when the mouse is like aiming on Sticky ice?

Push in Arma 3's aiming mechanics should have been the first thing they did in the last year, i just dont get it. Its Sh*t aiming. Worse than Arma 2.

The frame rate is jumpy- the same map in Arma 3 's engine is more stable on my system

There are literally no  zombies, i've seen 3 in several hours and many miles covered

The loot system needs work

The text based system of health/ drink is cr*p. Worse than icons in my opinion. Breaking point mod had a far more realistic and beautiful way- eg. hungry belly rumbles, head pumps for a drink, Day Z mod just writes a bit of text?! Which seems lazier and just not fit for the purpose. That bottom left area is for chat and seeing whos connecting not constant Spam messages saying Im hungry. Icons where better, Breaking Point Arma 3 did the whole no icons things way better. Seriously the whole health text thing Sucks very hard from where I am sitting.

Same problems as mod: Combat logging, and new problem full servers no loot

Summary:

Negative:

Aiming feels clunky as hell Acceleration problems persit even though Arma 3 fixed all that, you have used old sh*t engine not 2.5 as some people claim

Movement system is worse (in Arma 2 you can use a single button to toggle crouch, in DAY Z:SA you have to have a stand up button)

He also moves in big obvious footsteps now and movement seems more digital less analog

Badly optimised server and map

Bad system for health

Servers are all 40/40 in UK and impossible to play in prime time (5pm onwards)

Servers are stuck on night time even in day

Hardly any zombies or loot]

Combat logging, Server hopping, NO Security against this cr*p

-Even breaking point (hate to keep bringing it up, but) has a system that makes you wait 10 minute s if you change server, and 30 seconds before logging out. Simple, but would work effectively in SA

People are using gamma cheat to have bright at night -should have used Arma 3 's way of not enhancing shadows - see other threads. Simple fix .

Positive:

Character creation system (but none are as cool as the simple camo face from Arma 2)

Clothing and inventory is slightly improved

Sun rays

Nice to play official mod

So overall, I think its a bad job and im dissapointed but continuin to play. Before everyone flames, I KNOW ITS AN ALPHA

The point of an alpha for me, is to be critical and constructive critism, as I have highlighted ways and solutions , and let the developer know my thoughts so far.

I am happy it was released in time for christmas and will encourage many new players. Currently I feel Breaking Point is in a better state than this mod.

• Like 2

You know what was shouted out... another year development. After that you buy it. Than you make a post about "hurry up fuckers".

My opinion is you are a arogant idiot.

My opinion is the game wasn 't ready for Alpha and B.I. and Steam forced it out quick to make a shed load of money at christmas. I am entitled to my opinion, I think all the money that has been raised should be put towards more staff, if indeed there is only 6 people working on this, then it will take them ages to make it into the game they want. How many years are you prepared to wait and go back to playing on an outdated engine? Should have been in Arma 3 engine and further along by now (my opinion., you are entitled to yours but no need to be rude and say things i did not even say.)

I think fanboys should just gtfo of this forum. All they do is quote Rockets warning and keep saying its an ALPHA. We all know its an ALPHA. Thats why we complain and tell the developers whats should be fixed. Like that loot only spawn at server restart.Eventually the loot will be completly gone at the coast and near by and that will make it hopless to go further north. Yes the game is suppose to be hard, but also enjoyable and its NOT enjoyable now.

I hope Rocket doesn't listen to fanboys because then the ALPHA would not improve because they just say great ALPHA  Rocket, nothing is wrong with it.

Exactly its an Alpha and Im giving feedback as a massive Day Z fan I can see major flaws already and i am happy to provide my feedback to Help the great developers free of charge. I work hard for my money and my time is valuable.

You don't complain about problems when in alpha. You either report those problems quietly or you can be constructively critical.

Complaining is useless and involves the exact people Rocket told repeatedly not to buy the game. Those people can just stop playing from now until later next year and save themselves a lot of hissy fits. I don't think I have seen anyone get flamed for talking about bugs or talking constructively about problematic features. The people COMPLAINING about bugs and problematic features are rightfully getting flamed into the ground. And as an aside I think the mods are being generous with the amount of low quality whiny, moany threads they're leaving open.

hissyfit.jpg

• Like 1

-

many of the things are of course temp and already adressed. however things like "health system is bad" "...is crap" "worse than..." is not that constructive as you may think ;), better elaborate why in your opinion. you did so for some points so i gave you beans.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 3

i know I will try to be less rude with my words and more descriptive. Overall it is Ok but disapointing in some ways.

Remember everyone is passionate and expressive of their critisms and thoughts because we are passionate and love Day z.

• Like 2

Could be the reason why its in the stats it in now.Tested by fanboys

So far the post where the ALPHA excuse is used to hand wave criticism away,I scrolling over,not worth reading

Mouse control is awful-worse than Arma 2

Acceleration and flickery aim - this is the prime problem in my opinion how can it feel good when the mouse is like aiming on Sticky ice?

Push in Arma 3's aiming mechanics should have been the first thing they did in the last year, i just dont get it. Its Sh*t aiming. Worse than Arma 2.

The frame rate is jumpy- the same map in Arma 3 's engine is more stable on my system

There are literally no  zombies, i've seen 3 in several hours and many miles covered

The loot system needs work

The text based system of health/ drink is cr*p. Worse than icons in my opinion. Breaking point mod had a far more realistic and beautiful way- eg. hungry belly rumbles, head pumps for a drink, Day Z mod just writes a bit of text?! Which seems lazier and just not fit for the purpose. That bottom left area is for chat and seeing whos connecting not constant Spam messages saying Im hungry. Icons where better, Breaking Point Arma 3 did the whole no icons things way better. Seriously the whole health text thing Sucks very hard from where I am sitting.

Same problems as mod: Combat logging, and new problem full servers no loot

Summary:

Negative:

Aiming feels clunky as hell Acceleration problems persit even though Arma 3 fixed all that, you have used old sh*t engine not 2.5 as some people claim

Movement system is worse (in Arma 2 you can use a single button to toggle crouch, in DAY Z:SA you have to have a stand up button)

He also moves in big obvious footsteps now and movement seems more digital less analog

Badly optimised server and map

Bad system for health

Servers are all 40/40 in UK and impossible to play in prime time (5pm onwards)

Servers are stuck on night time even in day

Hardly any zombies or loot]

Combat logging, Server hopping, NO Security against this cr*p

-Even breaking point (hate to keep bringing it up, but) has a system that makes you wait 10 minute s if you change server, and 30 seconds before logging out. Simple, but would work effectively in SA

People are using gamma cheat to have bright at night -should have used Arma 3 's way of not enhancing shadows - see other threads. Simple fix .

Positive:

Character creation system (but none are as cool as the simple camo face from Arma 2)

Clothing and inventory is slightly improved

Sun rays

Nice to play official mod

So overall, I think its a bad job and im dissapointed but continuin to play. Before everyone flames, I KNOW ITS AN ALPHA

The point of an alpha for me, is to be critical and constructive critism, as I have highlighted ways and solutions , and let the developer know my thoughts so far.

I am happy it was released in time for christmas and will encourage many new players. Currently I feel Breaking Point is in a better state than this mod.

I think your post is closer to how people should be critical but it still has things in it that drive me nuts and there are obvious sarcastic remarks that would indicate complaining (calling it a mod for ex.). Talking about bad optimization, combat logging, and zombies are all things that have already been addressed and you just haven't paid attention. YOUR problem. There has been pretty much no optimization to make it run smoothly for players. Given that information, it's actually surprisingly smooth. They definitely have plans for combat logging and have talked about different ways of trying to manage it. I'm sure it won't take long to come out with a system for this, which is why it wouldn't be prioritized in my mind. You're a tester first right now. If someone combat logs it's unfortunate and breaks the playing experience, but if you consider yourself a tester first then it's hardly a blip in what you're doing.

Zombies shouldn't even be brought up because there's nothing constructive or new to add when it's the primary thing players were warned about. They are being COMPLETELY overhauled, your opinion on them right now means ZERO. Mentioning them is so pointless and is just an excuse for someone to inflate their list of "problems."

And I'll agree that the loot system needs work but I'll also say that it's nice that I'm actually at risk of dying of starvation/thirst now. It needs to be closer to what it is now than what it was in the mod.

• Like 1

The DayZ team should have spent the last year perfecting the basic game. We should be at the point where;

- Zombies perfected

- Loot & spawn system perfected

- Health system perfected

- Major glitches and bugs eliminated

Then upon its release in 'Alpha' state, they should begin rolling out character/weapon customization and all the other little features that are planned for the games eventual state.

Instead, it has been created in the exact opposite fashion whereby all of the core features of the game are a long way behind the state of the Day Z mod and instead, the team have spent 1.5 years adding & changing things that are really answering questions that no one had asked;

- New lakes

- New roads

- Custom clothing

- Custom weapons

- Majority of buildings open

etc etc

All of the above are great features and eventually will make the game brilliant, but they should have been added after the foundations of the game were in place.

I don't think that when the mod was in its prime, people were screaming for new t-shirts. They were screaming for a playable game that was on the horizon. The team really got their priorities wrong.

• Like 1

Could be the reason why its in the stats it in now.Tested by fanboys

So far the post where the ALPHA excuse is used to hand wave criticism away,I scrolling over,not worth reading

Yes thats exactly what I was thinking. They invited known fanboys and all they say is good job Rocket. Things like the text style  thirst and hunger indicator should have been gone in the closed testing.

• Like 1

The DayZ team should have spent the last year perfecting the basic game. We should be at the point where;

- Zombies perfected

- Loot & spawn system perfected

- Health system perfected

- Major glitches and bugs eliminated

Then upon its release in 'Alpha' state, they should begin rolling out character/weapon customization and all the other little features that are planned for the games eventual state.

Instead, it has been created in the exact opposite fashion whereby all of the core features of the game are a long way behind the state of the Day Z mod and instead, the team have spent 1.5 years adding & changing things that are really answering questions that no one had asked;

- New lakes

- New roads

- Custom clothing

- Custom weapons

etc etc

All of the above are great features and eventually will make the game brilliant, but they should have been added after the foundations of the game were in place.

I don't think that when the mod was in its prime, people were screaming for new t-shirts. They were screaming for a playable game that was on the horizon. The team really got their priorities wrong.

- New lakes

- New roads

- Custom clothing

- Custom weapons

Seems like such a little amount has been acomplished since then....