yotimmyg@gmail.com

Ok i get it.. its alpha.. but this is worse than the mod.

Dean Hall bit off more than he could chew and he knows it.... his vision was not realised because no1 working for him respected him and his foolish notions of design and developement.... He had a good run.. he got paid a lot, he is not a leader.. gratz to him for dragging it out for a year... I know i paid $30... so hatz off to the kiwi. Now please disappear.

I hope however that I am entirely wrong and you dig this god awful alpha out of the deep hole it is in.... the Execs must of insisted you release this bag of crap. #warz

This is why dean didn't wanna release yet, people like this. Edited by Spunkey Doodle

This is why dean didn't wanna release yet, people like this.

I assure you Dean doesn't give half a rat's ass about jackasses like him.

Be nice. And come back when that "product" you're talking about is actually finished - as the product in its finished state will be better than the mod.

No dude, he did not say that.

This is why dean didn't wanna release yet, people like this.

Dean didn't want to release yet because there is no point in releasing a game with core mechanics like how loot / zombies spawns not being in or having placeholders because all the bug fixing they are doing isn't going to mean anything when they start making drastic changes to the code and completely removing everything they've been bug fixing.

Seem to remember Rocket streaming a couple days ago pointing out all these bugs and broken mechanics people are talking about and saying they were fixing them before releasing the game and it would be a couple week probably.

Edited by Weedz

Some very good pro's and cons in this thread of mine...

Some extremely personal hate fueled ones also.

I've managed to be profiled as a 13-18 year old who shouldnt breed. I wish that were true.

Forums are fun.

You know the only thing that really hurts my feelings is when people scorn my spelling and grammar...

that just cuts to the core... You gotta know your a sadistic bastard when you stoop to the 'spelling and grammar' calls.

• Like 1

7 fps in mod

35+ fps in standalone

Enough said.

This is alpha. If you didn't want a buggy, bare bones game, you should have waited. The mod is still up and running, nothing is stopping you from logging on.

Dean rushed to get this game out before 2014 because the fans screamed "WE DON'T CARE WHAT IT PLAYS LIKE" now, unfortunately, he's got to deal with the minority, who apparently don't understand disclaimers, screaming "THIS GAME IS SHIT!"

OF COURSE ITS SHIT, ITS ALPHA, what the hell do you think we're all here for? We're telling them what the bugs are so they don't have to take 35x as long to scour the game for them alone.

Anyone who has any complaints about the state or direction of the game needs to get back in their private hive donators box and dmr some fuckin' "bambies" in elektro until full release comes out, and leave the stress testing and bug collecting to the adults.

You have core mechanics, new areas to explore, new items to loot and a couple of people to run around with as you play a ground floor game that you can actually have a voice in shaping, what the hell else do you want?

Dean and the boys on the dev team didn't make you buy - THEY DIDN'T EVEN ADVERTISE IT! Hell, I was going to take a few days off of work to enjoy release, but they put it out as stealthily as they could so people wouldn't do just that, and be disappointed by how early it is.

I'm personally LOVING the game, (I'd love the game in daylight even more, but I'm managing) I couldn't imagine actually being upset by a release like this. It's exactly what we've all been crying for..

Enjoy the fucking process of alpha testing a game or go back to the mod, playing at this point in the development process is a privilege, act that way. They could have just as easily pulled a couple hundred select community members out of a hat and had them privately alpha test the game, but instead put it out for sale with a heavy disclaimer and open fucking arms.

Now shut the fuck up and eat some beans.

• Like 2

Agreed. Don't talk about anything negative on the forums. People need to read the fine print before buying and ignore the trailers, hype & giant BUY NOW logo on the front page of the website.

Yes, how dare they give people an easy way to purchase from the core site.  What an evil company. /sarcasm

I've seen your post of your big "gotcha" screenshot, and I'd like to point out that any sort of advertisement or really anything having to do with SA has "Early Access" and "Alpha state" plastered all over it, and that's not even including all the places the disclaimer is put in bright boxes, bolded letters and all caps.  If someone really just insta-buys SA without realizing what they're getting into, it's not the fault of BI trying to lure them in, it's their lack of reading comprehension and basic logic.  And if they "write a bad review" anyone will a brain will know it's BS.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon

The troll has been fed.... I'm very disappointed in you guys.

The troll has been fed.... I'm very disappointed in you guys.

There is a difference between a troll and an idiot.

what some do not realize:

DayZ is a chance, a chance to build a stable foundation for further projects. think further. that's why i cannot comprehend the partially truely unfair complaints about the state in which the Alpha is right now. Every'fuckin'oneknew about that! Dean repeated himself, mantra-like, that they've focused on the engine, on the MMO architecture, to build something stable to further build on. we were able to see for ourselves and ask everytime about any single thing. yet ppl come here and complain, that they feel let down and that the alpha is in such a bad state. it's really a shame, a shame that everyone knew the fact before, Dean always "warned" us about it.

Then i see ppl (like the +1500ppl community bla bla guy) and others that say..."oh there is nothing left to do. i finished DayZ in two days, boring, annoying"...f***! you are supposed to help with bugs, think about improvements, that's maybe a good way to start and not focusing on killing every newbie in an ALPHA, because it is the only fun right now...HELP to make this game the game YOU, ME, EVERYONE longed for such a long time.

Maybe the Dev team and Dean won't be able to pull everything off the aimed for and we wished for, it's even more than likely but at least i haven't seen a team like theirs so determined and dedicated to a game and its community in a long long time (if at all). so i personally give them the chance, give them time, and my money.

i can comprehend some complaints, yes (pricing as an example) but i cannot comprehend most of the others as for that matter.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Dean Hall bit off more than he could chew and he knows it.... his vision was not realised because no1 working for him respected him and his foolish notions of design and developement.... He had a good run.. he got paid a lot, he is not a leader.. gratz to him for dragging it out for a year... I know i paid $30... so hatz off to the kiwi. Now please disappear.

I hope however that I am entirely wrong and you dig this god awful alpha out of the deep hole it is in.... the Execs must of insisted you release this bag of crap.   #warz

Amen brother.

You can have a great idea, but lack the leadership skills in order to make it happen. Ol' Dean has a great concept, he's just not capable of leading a team properly to make it happen, and happen well. I've been saying that for weeks.

I see people complaining about bugs and lack of features...

To these people I state the obvious: be patient. I honestly don't care if the game is unplayable, my $30 investment I'm sure will be well worth it after they get everything sorted, even if it takes a year for the full release.

They started from scratch with the standalone, rather than copy and pasting the ArmA 2 engine. Of course it is going to take a while to build the game and all of the features they have planned.

The reason they released it in this state was for 2 reasons: to get it tested, as thousands of people playtesting it will uncover more issues than just the staff testing it by themselves. And the second reason obviously to get money, there are a lot of expenses to be paid when making a game. Hint: if you discover an issue that no one has mentioned, its a good idea to report it... As well, don't report issues that have already been discussed.

Once again, its an early Alpha build... I'm confident by the time we get to the Beta that the game will be in an entirely different state, more looking like a game than an Alpha.

I hope however that I am entirely wrong and you dig this god awful alpha out of the deep hole it is in.... the Execs must of insisted you release this bag of crap.   #warz

Amen brother.

You can have a great idea, but lack the leadership skills in order to make it happen. Ol' Dean has a great concept, he's just not capable of leading a team properly to make it happen, and happen well. I've been saying that for weeks.

you may be right, maybe they had too high hopes and a team too small, but what is now your implication?

Actually, you DON'T get it.  You would get it if you actually read and comprehended the big disclaimer message on the product page, which reads:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

you may be right, maybe they had too high hopes and a team too small, but what is now your implication?

The conclusion is that unless there is some major reworking of management decisions DayZ will most likely reach version 1.0 in 2016-17 and even then not that much improved over its predecessor.

I don't know who put this Dean guy in charge, he clearly isn't a strong leader. The development team needs more developers. There should be 15-30 developers working on this full time hammering away. Instead there is 6. This is unacceptable.

The conclusion is that unless there is some major reworking of management decisions DayZ will most likely reach version 1.0 in 2016-17 and even then not that much improved over its predecessor.

I don't know who put this Dean guy in charge, he clearly isn't a strong leader. The development team needs more developers. There should be 15-30 developers working on this full time hammering away. Instead there is 6. This is unacceptable.

Yes, it's unacceptable! Therefore I urge you to apply for a position in Deans team! Please accept some beans as temporary payment.

On a serious note: You don't really believe the shit you are writing?

Edited by icedon
  • Like 1

Actually, you DON'T get it.  You would get it if you actually read and comprehended the big disclaimer message on the product page, which reads:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS HERP DERP HERPA DERP. PLEASE DO NOT HERP IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO DERP AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS DERP AND HERPDERP OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Oh wow, I didn't know it took well over a year to develop a couple new menus & server/client stuff. If you bothered to read OPs post properly, you'd see hes not bashing the game in its current state. Hes drawing conclusions on the development team based on what they've said in the past and based on the concept/progress clearly seen by the alpha. No ones saying an alpha shouldn't be buggy.

Yes, it's unacceptable! Therefore I urge you to apply for a position in Deans team! Please accept some beans as temporary payment.

On a serious note: You don't really believe the shit you are writing?

I am glad you are able to see the wisdom & truth of my post. I don't care how good the concept is. 6 guys completing DayZ with features above and beyond what were available in the mod is going to take years. Waiting until 2016 is clearly out of the question. Considering we are over a year into development and its still just 6 guys working on it raises many red flags to even the most inexperienced person.

Edited by wolffe

Sad, that some people still don't know what "alpha" actually means... :/

People here say they understand what an alpha is, however they don't seem to actually understand it.

The SA was released with essentially bare bones features. There aren't a lot of zombies, there isn't a lot of loot, there aren't a lot of weapons, etc..

That doesn't mean all of the stuff that's missing from the game hasn't been developed, and 18 months of development have gone to waste. A lot of the missing content, I'm sure, has been developed. The people that are hating on the SA are simply looking at the game now and are saying "that's it?"

I understand you guys expected more, but there are a lot of reasons for releasing the alpha with limited content. In time it will be released and all come together. 

If you have no patience and don't want to take part in the development of a pretty awesome and unique game, well then, there's always Call of Duty...

Edited by quietstormx1
  • Like 2