SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Anything important to know? :)

Off topic but I vote that everyone puts Emma Watson in their avatar like OntyCZE. It's the right thing to do.

I hope this clears things up regarding the release..

(Credits go here)

2ez1it2.jpg

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 3

That part was so funny where rocket nearly let something slip and Hick's tried to cover! Rocket said something like "we have to lockdown the b..." Then he cauht himself and awkwardness and "mic issues" ensued lmao

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16FGQQrE4To

Could anyone explain to me what does ''Locking down the build'' mean?

Is it like Lets leave it as it is and get it released? :) :D

Edited by OntyCZE

I didn't mind the payday mask, but the fresh fruit is a little immersion killing. Maybe in the first week of the apocalypse, but they just keep spawning.

Who is importing all these bananas during the apocalypse and hiding them throughout Chernarus?

What I got out of the Stream as far as release is concerned... Is that they need to test the fixes they just made to the build, which was just uploaded just a couple hours before the stream. If all that goes well, we will see release.

How much testing is not clear but from what I saw/heard, the build was highly playable except for some of the crashes people were experiencing. The crashes seem to be not that much of a worry since they talked about debugging them on Sunday, fixing them and that was that. They also said they weren't going to add anything major that could possibly break the build, lets just hope this is the case.

Once they get a build locked down they can branch it and work on implementing more features without breaking the "locked down" build.

I do think the major bugs they were worried about last week have been fixed and release is still very much in sight, that in conjunction with 120+ SA servers at the ready.

We all want it released and Rocket seems like a standup guy and doesn't want to release a piece of utter shite to us, even though it will be an Alpha and most of us expect bugs. Good on him for that mentality.

Here's to seeing the SA next week some time!  ;)

carbine781 posted this video...

That is well made, I like it :D

Although the shooter could have taken them all out easily.

carbine781 posted this video...

I was hoping he would get ambushed with billions of complaints about the release.

I hope someone uploads the streams to Youtube without them speaking over it... my internet can't handle the high quality twitchiness

"HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A MOSIN MAN!  THEY'RE INSIDE THE WALLS!  THEY'RE INSIDE THE FUCKING WALLS!  GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER!"

• Like 3

"HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A MOSIN MAN!  THEY'RE INSIDE THE WALLS!  THEY'RE INSIDE THE FUCKING WALLS!  GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER!"

That seriously, was frikin intense...

Please give your BeanZ to carbine781.

I merged his Topic when perhaps I should not have done so.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153815-rocket-on-twitch-all-posts-in-here-please/#entry1542985

Done! You get beans for spreading community content. Everybody wins!

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

I hope someone uploads the streams to Youtube without them speaking over it... my internet can't handle the high quality twitchiness

If you don't want to wait for a re-upload you can go to this page: http://www.twitchtools.com/video-download.php

and copy the URL of the video you want to watch into the form: http://www.twitch.tv/rocket2guns/b/487181967

You can then download the Twitch video (which is broken into multiple segments) and watch them, without worrying about buffering, directly from your computer.

scary how quiet it is in here...

scary how quiet it is in here...

Makes you think everybody is already playing, eh?

Well no because all official 128 servers are empty. But this silence is weird.

• Like 1

Well no because all official 128 servers are empty. But this silence is weird.

Yes, we won't see the SA before monday though.

Yes, we won't see the SA before monday though.

What makes you say the SA will be out monday?

I wonder actually why Dean didn't just say it. "Lock down the build."

It doesn't necessarily mean that the game is releasing. But as he stopped himself in middle of the sentence, well it is just too obvious. Additionally to that he is not giving any statements to this mistake on reddit or somewhere else.

I really think that he thinks that the game will be out next week. Otherwise he wouldn't have said all these kinds of things. Making screenshots for the steam page, telling everyone to not buy the game if they are not certain, reaction to "Maybe in the next stream you show us..." and ofcourse the mistake he made with "locking down the build".

What makes you say the SA will be out monday?

Nothing, never said that.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 3

I wonder actually why Dean didn't just say it. "Lock down the build."

It doesn't necessarily mean that the game is releasing. But as he stopped himself in middle of the sentence, well it is just too obvious. Additionally to that he is not giving any statements to this mistake on reddit or somewhere else.

I really think that he thinks that the game will be out next week. Otherwise he wouldn't have said all these kinds of things. Making screenshots for the steam page, telling everyone to not buy the game if they are not certain, reaction to "Maybe in the next stream you show us..." and ofcourse the mistake he made with "locking down the build".

I think he's just being very cautious in actually saying any kind of release or implying a release. I mean anything could happen, like the disappearing weapon bug that seemed to pop up unexpectedly. Other than that, I really think we'll see it very very soon as long as they don't try and add something major within the next few days.

I might as well get drunk again and roam the wilderness of chernarus, while i'm waiting at platform for next hypetrain to pass. Monitors say it's delayed because they had to stop and scrape off zombie remains from nose of engine. Gotta be clean and shiny for new passengers.

Some moar brainfarts typed in public....

I think he's just being very cautious in actually saying any kind of release or implying a release.

Well, I don't think that. The reason is that "locking the build down", does not mean "release imminent". It is just another thing they have to do. But he as a developer knows exactly that "locking the build down" is the last step for the release.

This and ofcourse his childish laughter after that and hicks trying desparetly to kind of get out of the situation. If it was just wrong words he chose, he would've stayed calm, said it isn't like he said it is and that they probably need much more time.

But if he did that, he would've lied to us. And I don't think that Dean wants to lie to us ;)

Edited by Wayze