SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

WHat exactly does 'lock the build' mean in dev speak? Cuz that sounds like imminent release to me

He clearly realized that he made a mistake when he said that...

• Like 1

He clearly realized that he made a mistake when he said that...

When he was asked what is holding off release in terms of top priority buggs he didn't know what to say, now I don't want to hype anyone but.... IMMINENT RELEASE CONFIRMEND!!!!!!!

When he was asked what is holding off release in terms of top priority buggs he didn't know what to say, now I don't want to hype anyone but.... IMMINENT RELEASE CONFIRMEND!!!!!!!

Half-Life 3 also just got confirmed.

Either that or "There's nothing stopping us releasing the alpha, but we're still not going to release it" confirmed. That'll be the object of discontent from today until release, guaranteed.

I want the alpha out just as bad as the next person but not so bad that I'm going to be all butthurt about it on reddit and on here. Seriously....

• Like 2

Noticed how often Dea repeated saying that nobody should buy the alpha if not absolutly sure about buying a unfinished game?

• Like 1

Noticed how often Dea repeated saying that nobody should buy the alpha if not absolutly sure about buying a unfinished game?

Yes. Because those people will be very vocal and say the  game is shit. Then some media sites will get a stiff dick and say that DayZ Sucks and then naive people will believe it disregarding the fact that it's alpha. Deter idiots from getting the alpha as much as you can so it's their fault it's not what they wanted when they do buy it.

So let's say tomorrow they "lock the build", what does that actually mean in terms of release?

I think it means they stop pushing out new builds and wait for feedback from the customers.

repeatedly ya. Trying to lessen the shitstorm of people complaining about the state of the alpher on release. 

Good way to go really, emphasize its more for fans who are fully expecting an alpha. If its a steam release, he cant be too repetetive about this because like it or not, its going to sell way too much in the beginning i'd bet.

Edited by wetspot

Yeah so what? You all you people act like idiots? Catching his words,  Can't you see this game is shitty right now and it needs to be fixed before release? It won't be playable for like next few months. Missing gear, zombies in the walls and alot of tears from dumbfucks like you - that's what confirmed.

Posting shit every day "omg its cominnggg out today!". It won't come out this year. When I read this forum or chat on livestream I'm like "god where all those dumbfucks came from?"

Moderator Note: Please don't resort to personal attacks, insults, abuse etc. You don't have to call people names to get your point across.-SmashT

Edited by SmashT

Yeah so what? You all you people act like idiots? Catching his words,  Can't you see this game is shitty right now and it needs to be fixed before release? It won't be playable for like next few months. Missing gear, zombies in the walls and alot of tears from dumbfucks like you - that's what confirmed.

Posting shit every day "omg its cominnggg out today!". It won't come out this year. When I read this forum or chat on livestream I'm like "god where all those dumbfucks came from?"

It's called anticipation. Go punch a wall

• Like 1

It won't come out this year.

Whenever I read comments like this I roll my eyes. You're worse then the people freaking out daily, at least they have something to back up their hype. All you have is a gut feeling.

Conspiracy theory time, YO

Whenever I see someone type "oy" I picture some extremely drunk British guy screaming about something.

Oy THATS RACIST!

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 1

When he mentioned talking to the designers about working hours he said something like "we want to lock....(the build?) but then stopped himself, there was some words said off mic' and he went straight into a giggle fit. I'd want to watch a recorded version of the stream to be sure, but I certainly had the impression that he'd nearly let something slip just by his own reaction and that of the people around him (quickly changing the subject).

Of course, even if Rocket himself thinks that they are close, we know that any programming change could bring in a new bug that breaks the build and creates more delay.

I was wondering when that picture was going to show up here as well .

Edited by raynor009

When he mentioned talking to the designers about working hours he said something like "we want to lock....(the build?) but then stopped himself, there was some words said off mic' and he went straight into a giggle fit. I'd want to watch a recorded version of the stream to be sure, but I certainly had the impression that he'd nearly let something slip just by his own reaction and that of the people around him (quickly changing the subject).

Of course, even if Rocket himself thinks that they are close, we know that any programming change could bring in a new bug that breaks the build and creates more delay.

Thing is though, bugs are to be expected in an alpha. What was shown in the stream today looked very testable. As long as the players can easily get in-game and test out the mechanics, there's no reason to hold it back any longer. I feel like his comment about this week being "crushing" was a way of saying they intended to release this week, but that body dupe bug was too big of a problem. Now that it's fixed, I don't see why it wouldn't release next week at the latest. Either that or Rocket is a good actor and loves to build hype.

• Like 1

twitch.tv/rocket2guns past broadcast 1:58:00 just watch it... so obvious. So what is going to happen is that tomorrow some guys will come and talk about the release and the current state of the game. What they have to change to be allowed to make it public. They will do further tests on the current build and if it runs ok they will lock it down. They have no buggs found yet which is a very good sign (indicates that there are no gamebreaking buggs). You can see that they are very optimistic about it as they are activating all the servers and that Dean is repeatadly talking about not buying the alpha if not certain about it (that is what you usually do right before you sell an unfinished product. Last but not least when Dean was asked about the next stream he just said yes, not going into further detail because he thinks no streams will be needed. Hicks is doing the exact oppisite to cover the almost obvious mistake made by Dean before. Now be optimistic or pessimistic, if you look at it from a realistic point of few is very possible that the release is imminent.

• Like 4