SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

What's this new picture captionned Bring It? Because it certainly caught my attention.

Edit: Seriously, guys, what is it? 

Well he's probably referring to the zombie that's in front of him. As in, "Bring it on" .. It's used as a response to a challenge

Edit: On other news; the media assets were released on Steam's CDN and I recognized the two that were quite similar.

(From December 4th, 2013)

page.bg.jpg

(From October 13th, 2013)

BWg_s_gCIAAYmYp.jpg

Other images include:

(By using http://cdn3.steampowered.com, it leads you to Steam's main page)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 6

Current players: 14

I think it's safe to assume that since the player count went down to 14 they're facing some major bugs that will delay the release for at least another 14 weeks. If you follow these advanced statistical readouts as closely as I have been you'll know I'm obviously correct. Rocket doesn't want it to get out because it's a big conspiracy to sell more copies of Take On Mars.

• Like 4

Well, it would be a dumb move not to use it.

They could make some documents, not like it's going to hinder any development. They're already making entire books, maybe we could have articles in Chernarussian history.

• Like 1

...and payday masks/motorcycle helmets lol.

I think it's safe to say they're going for a theme of: SEXY

...or FABULOUS.

• Like 1

ppl REALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT PAYDAY FUCKINGMASKS BECAUSE THEY BREAK THE FU4TH WALL?!?! IMMERSION BREAKER?! yes totally out of place, don't mind the zeds or the fact that you can sprint across the whole map, or ohhh yeah there are bloodbags everyfuckingwhere and it's perfectly reasonable to use them although they never even saw proper storage and handling..... oh dear....my heart...oh never mind was just a fart...just ...a ...fart

• Like 11

joe, what the heck

relax, u have to relax

Im glad, only a fart uffff

btw that update from deany beany looks promising

Edited by Felthat
  • Like 1

I had this wierd dream that Dean Hall was staying in my house for some reason... I was going to make a thread called the DayZ question of the day where people would post their questions and people would give beans to their favourite.

:'( and then I woke up.

not long time ago i had a dream that Bad Rats price dropped to 90cents and i wanted everyone to buy it

He's doing a live stream with Psy right now (dean is), apprently, trench coats and riot gear is going to be added :D

• Like 3

Well looking at Rocket's recent post it looks very positive! Maybe not 2013 positive but good :P

From today'z chat room session on PsiSyndicate's livestream (Featuring Rocket2Guns):

These are all of the responses given by rocket to the endless torrent of questions that came across the chat room.

I tried to find the questions when it seemed absolutely necessary to understanding his response.

the vehicles will be completely different. built from parts, based on the attachment system we have for weapons now

the M4 has over a dozen different attachments

the gun variety slowly increases
probably each week there will be new items and weapons

I really hope that people WAIT before they buy the standalone, and be sure they are happy to join in first

base building is on the roadmap

the roadmap will be shown on release

I think someone should only buy the game if it looks exciting and like a good buy
watch the streams, then decide

im eating dinner 

I think we spend so much time problem solving that you dont really realize lots of people are going to see the results

erm. deepthroating cow udders is not currently supported, sorry

but ah. I think farming simulator was released on steam. maybe that has it

PZ is really great. glad others see that!

Farming is planned for standalone

I miss NZ heaps!

modding is possible but we will have to release the keys to allow signing of mods
 that means not on release (we have a lot of work to do on security, first)

bitcoin is pretty cool i think

m4, mosin, fnp45, sks, shotgun are all currently 100% ingame

yes actually, riot gear is one lot of items being worked on right now

dayz standalone will cure world hunger, solve the soverign debt crisis, and create peace in the middle east

?__Rocket2guns will the dedicated server be like bf4, or will there be dedicated Server file release ?
good questions about dedicated servers: but we can't provide info for that until we have confirmed 100% what we are doing for it

not really thought about story
hard to think about story when performance still needs work

I have 800 hours in steam already

yes we are planning a group system, but there is nothing finalized yet. its something we must think careful about it

I think DayZ would be quite likely for consoles. But only after the masterrace is finished with it, shall the dirty peasants pick from the scraps

we will see what antihack we need to do beyond VAC after release

maybe include some BE too, if needed

best thing to support dayz is to: - support the streamers. - support the youtubers. - support those who make mods - support those who run community websites, clans, etc...

supporting those people is supporting gamers

yes I like pie

VAC initially, then whatever we need to
the initial release will give us an idea of vunrebilities
we will look at securing once we identify the remaining areas
 the best antihack involves solving architectural issues, not slapping on middleware

Im most excited about the inventory system. I think it dramatically changes the way the game is played.

I made DayZ because I wanted to play something like it

yes I will be at pax again, i think

?__ Rocket, Have You Ever Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
 @Lorenzo0852... I still cant believe I said that 

we have a new artist working on new zombies as we speak
 he is making custom military zombies

I dont have herpies and I drive a skoda
actually, someone hit me on the weekend. scraped the door

military weapons will be endgame loot
and require maintenance (not finished yet though)

desync hasnt seemed much of a problem because of the network bubble

i want to do barracding like in TDL
placement could be part of that

there will be hackers and we will just use that experience to learn how to improve the security

my main concern is server 

SSD makes quite a difference, or a RAMdisk if you have the tech knowhow

PZ for the win!
 buy it now on steam guys

bit late for me here. Big days these days so I got to get to bed!\

but bro-op when standalone comes out?

right im going to head off. Thanks for having me and talk soon!!
hope it didn't disrupt things too much

cya guys! lets game soon

And THIS was bullshit he had to wade through.... *sigh*
 Rocket are your laps longer or shorter than the retard olympics?
Edited by TheLastEmp
  • Like 9

ppl REALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT PAYDAY FUCKINGMASKS BECAUSE THEY BREAK THE FU4TH WALL?!?! IMMERSION BREAKER?! yes totally out of place, don't mind the zeds or the fact that you can sprint across the whole map, or ohhh yeah there are bloodbags everyfuckingwhere and it's perfectly reasonable to use them although they never even saw proper storage and handling..... oh dear....my heart...oh never mind was just a fart...just ...a ...fart

Brah, that font is really killing my immersion... I mean, come on...

Rocket are your laps longer or shorter than the retard olympics?

:lol: :beans:

• Like 1

I wanted to write a long winded response to this but decided it wasn't worth my time.

He's doing a live stream with Psy right now (dean is), apprently, trench coats and riot gear is going to be added :D

*Crosses fingers* Fedoras and Tommy Guns...Fedoras and Tommy Guns...Fedoras and Tommy Guns...

• Like 3

*Crosses fingers* Fedoras and Tommy Guns...Fedoras and Tommy Guns...Fedoras and Tommy Guns...

Big definite hope for me, really cool to see that ;) Keeping it classy. Beans for you

• Like 2

he posted a picture with a caption saying bring it this means hes realeasing SA!!!

Most likely referring to the zombie about to charge at him :)

Sweet! I do love me some coats.

3Hpc1nC.gif

• Like 1