SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

I hope so too, London visit all weekend for me.

I once had a Pot Noodle for Christmas dinner in the local park. That was living it large.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I prefer this method.

75-138471246241-conductor-bails-last-mom

EDIT: Watch closely for the bail out.

What if the train derailed ontop of him?
  • Like 1

Well... One of them clearly didn't train hard enough.

Jumping on the ground like that he probably ruined his new trainers.

Train conducting was clearly the wrong career Track.

I'm sure his boss will be... Steaming.

But enough, this thread is already derailed enough.

• Like 5

u1Wkf2k.jpg

Seriously though, did you guys and girls see this?

Q: Perhaps you could do a stream tomorrow to give us a better idea of what to expect from the alpha because it seems like you don't want to surprise us.

Rocket: Fair point. I should do something (perhaps a stream) soon to discuss progress and demonstrate the challenges we've solved and the ones we still face.

I would love that. Rocket is doing an awesome job keeping us informed at the moment, seeing things for ourselves is something different though.

• Like 2

Well... One of them clearly didn't train hard enough.

Jumping on the ground like that he probably ruined his new trainers.

Train conducting was clearly the wrong career Track.

I'm sure his boss will be... Steaming.

But enough, this thread is already derailed enough.

Punishing.

Holy moly, stop the drama train!

Your hands, O Lord, in dayz of old were strong to heal and save!

DEANUS CHRIST

For those who havent seen it

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1s8od4/prerelease_testing_lend_me_your_ears/

TL,DR - Streamers, yt's etc invited to play on server. not pre alpha just to test stability 

My thoughts - same as this guy

–]Richardson0 [score hidden]

36 minutes

ago

It seems as if more people in this thread will be more offended than informed - especially when you discover that the rights to play the alpha are being given to so many different streaming personalities.

I think this would have been better off as a direct message to the streamers, instead of an announcement to the community. The die hard fans of this subreddit and the Steam chats only feel left out now. This isn't really fair on them, I feel.

I know it has been your idea for a long time to release this to the streamers first, but I have never really understood why you guys would claim to want a 'soft release' when you are going to advertise your game to hundreds of thousands of people through the youtube personalities. Why not just release keys in 'waves'?

There's also the the whole Frankie hacking scandal which left a bad taste in my mouth and a bunch of other streamers that aren't particularly liked around here. Just make sure you guys choose a decent, trustworthy and reputable streamer for the standalone.

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 4

Oh boo fucking hop.. who gives a crap? Half of those morons on red dit wouldn't understand that this helps us and does mean that we are extremely close to launch. God I hate how entitled people have become over this game

• Like 8

Guys relax. Hicks said it will only take days for them to finish the bigger stress test. We should have alpher in about two weeks or week and a half from today.

• Like 2

The people that are upset now are going to go full tilt mad when they buy the alpha and realize its unfinished. Can't. Wait.

• Like 8

The people that are upset now are going to go full tilt mad when they buy the alpha and realize its unfinished. Can't. Wait.

I AM LITERALLY SO EXCITED... shit will hit the fan

• Like 3

SmashT, Good luck on whichever way you guys go. With all my thousands of post I hope you guys choose to flush out server load problems with the group. I just hope we get in very soon or I get a key to join in :P. Opps, did I just beg for a key. If we don't get in this year have a great holiday and bring in the New Year with a tall glass of something good for the hard work. Well then I guess it's back watching the hype train and playing DayZ Epoch.

Should have just done it and not asked the community, it was never gonna go down well.

Yeah. The self-entitled are far to numerous in this community.

• Like 1

Why give streamers/youtubers it when they'll be under an NDA anyway?

I think the point is that they won't be. They will be, silly me.

I wish they would convince CHKilroy from ShackTac to do something similar to his 'The Dayz Ahead' series, that was great.

I like it especially because it brought me to DayZ, and here.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 4

After reading Rockets response to the bitching on reddit, I have to say, the man is a LEGEND.

He is literally letting the community discuss/decide if the streamer idea is a good one.

What developer has ever asked YOU personally what you think of their games development.

I don't kiss ass well, but this blew me away.

• Like 2

Rocket 20 days ago..

"Because then I play favorites with who I know and don't, and I accidentally miss someone and they get (legitimately) pissed off. Or I don't include a friend, and they get pissed off. Or I include all my friends who stream, and then people get pissed off with me for playing favorites. Argh!! so much drama. This isn't grey's anatomy thankfully so I'm just going to skip the drama, throw keys for sale, and you guys can all fight it out together."

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qq9dv/dayz_standalone_test_15_november_2013/cdfg30z

• Like 6

Rocket 20 days ago..

"Because then I play favorites with who I know and don't, and I accidentally miss someone and they get (legitimately) pissed off. Or I don't include a friend, and they get pissed off. Or I include all my friends who stream, and then people get pissed off with me for playing favorites. Argh!! so much drama. This isn't grey's anatomy thankfully so I'm just going to skip the drama, throw keys for sale, and you guys can all fight it out together."

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qq9dv/dayz_standalone_test_15_november_2013/cdfg30z

Oh look! Yeah that was said. Get over it.