SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

No, it simply means that what's acceptable to you is based on what YOU want, it's logically sound, you're just being a baby.

You base the decision on the adding of masks being 'wrong', they are wrong to YOU.

Now, if you want a real logical fallacy, look at what you wrote - slippery slope argument - that's a logical fallacy, not just something you don't agree with.

Nowhere has it been stated how they are going to be handled, the items exist in real life and can thus exist in DayZ if realism is what you're touting, it's not fiction - they are real tangible objects in the real world.

Now get off your high horse and making yourself look like an idiot by throwing around words you seem to have trouble comprehending.

It's wrong IN MY OPINION. I think I made that clear in my post. I don't understand why you are accusational and offensive, but your insultive manners speak for themselves. You're acting like a baby, because you seemingly can't tolerate other opinions but your own.

All I wanted is to have a constructive discussion to see where I stand with my opinion and because I was curious to see what others think, but apparently that isn't possible. I'm done wasting my time here.

Edited by Grabarz

If you put your ears to the train tracks you can just about hear a train coming....

• Like 1

much arguing amongst the masses as the test of the habben continue, still high server traffic :)

insert ron paul gif here

I haven't moaned about any direction for DayZ at the end of the day it's their game. However this quote from a user on reddit summed my opinion up perfectly.

Good to know that I'm NOT alone. Thanks so much.

Let's hope they are just creating all sorts of items for their own amusement and we won't see (at least not too many) Payday masks in the SA.

Edited by Grabarz

Im glad State of Decay Breakdown is out, to keep me my zombie fix needs.

• Like 1

Are you guys aware there is a discussion on this whole mask-thing in these here forums, in which Rocket even explained his point of view? If not, here you go:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153278-dean-sort-it-out-man-losing-your-way/

I already explained my feelings in detail in that topic.

On this topic: Still seems to be pretty heavy testing going on, I hope performance and stability are doing alright. 2013 or 2014 release, nobody knows, I got some sweet games in the Steam sale that will keep me entertained until standalone releases either way! (Still very much looking forward to it, just saying)

It's wrong IN MY OPINION. I think I made that clear in my post. I don't understand why you are accusational and offensive, but your insultive manners speak for themselves. You're acting like a baby, because you seemingly can't tolerate other opinions but your own.

All I wanted is to have a constructive discussion to see where I stand with my opinion and because I was curious to see what others think, but apparently that isn't possible. I'm done wasting my time here.

You are the one trying to take the high ground while committing the same transgressions that you find oh so reprehensible.

It's nothing to do with opinion, your whole argument is based on the fact that YOU don't like it - that is literally it.

You're the one that jumped on the 'Oh, you disagree with me, you must just want to start an argument!' bandwagon with the other user.

It's a forum. It's for discussion as you said, but you're not bringing anything to the table but OPINION, you're going to have to at least back it up with something solid, not just more opinion.

I gave my opinion but you had to start with throwing around the 'logical fallacy' nonsense - yes there should be a limit but adding in a random insignificant mask isn't going to somehow bring death and destruction unto the game like you seem to think it will.

It would be fine for a rare, crappy trash item in a civilian household - it exists in real life, it's less useful than other head-slot items, it doesn't give any unfair advantages.

shall-not-pass.gif

I feel like they cut out the "not" from the gif and he only says you shall pass

• Like 1

*takes week break from forum, comes back to good news*

COizLVs.gif

THIS OCCASION CALLS FOR COMIC SANS!

IT'S HAPPENIN'

One wrong thing doesn't justify another. I wouldn’t have expected that logical fallacy coming from you, which is why I must assume that you just want to start an argument, for the sake of the argument. <_<

There is no logical explanation for the existence of the AR-15 and no advantage by having it in game either. By saying that it is OK to implement more unrealistic items because we already have unrealistic items, you are opening the floodgates to turning this game to crap, because this way you can justify anything.

I think you read a logical fallacy into what I said.

I was saying that, by virtue of DayZ being set in a FICTIONAL land (Chernarus) and a FICTIONAL circumstance (Zombie Apocalypse) that "realism" doesn't apply to whether or not an item "should" be there or not. The developers have complete creative license, and whatever they choose to include shouldn't be judged upon whether or not it's "realistic" or not. If you want to make the "believable"/"plausible"/"ridiculous" argument with some hypothetical/analytical reasoning behind it, then go ahead. But "realism" doesn't factor in with this one.

Who's to say that NATO (or whatever fictional analog) didn't have a role in containing the outbreak (They clearly did, see crashed UH-1Y's in the mod and US marked clothing in SA)? Who's to say that Chernarussians have no interest in masks? Or clown masks? Or clown masks from a video game?

I'd submit that it is you who is grasping at straws, by applying your own definition of "realism" onto a game that is profoundly not concerned with complete and utter realism. I hate "realism" as a term when applied to video games, it's insanely vague.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

I feel like they cut out the "not" from the gif and he only says you shall pass

Happening?

I think you read a logical fallacy into what I said.

I was saying that, by virtue of DayZ being set in a FICTIONAL land (Chernarus) and a FICTIONAL circumstance (Zombie Apocalypse) that "realism" doesn't apply to whether or not an item "should" be there or not. The developers have complete creative license, and whatever they choose to include shouldn't be judged upon whether or not it's "realistic" or not. If you want to make the "believable"/"plausible"/"ridiculous" argument with some hypothetical/analytical reasoning behind it, then go ahead. But "realism" doesn't factor in with this one.

Who's to say that NATO (or whatever fictional analog) didn't have a role in containing the outbreak (They clearly did, see crashed UH-1Y's in the mod and US marked clothing in SA)? Who's to say that Chernarussians have no interest in masks? Or clown masks? Or clown masks from a video game?

I'd submit that it is you who is grasping at straws, by applying your own definition of "realism" onto a game that is profoundly not concerned with complete and utter realism. I hate "realism" as a term when applied to video games, it's insanely vague.

Y'know, there is a factbook on Chernarus at the ArmA 2 website.

It explains pretty much everything.

The flat thread forums may have been adequate 12 years ago, but now they are hopelessly obsolete and suck for following a discussion. This is why Rocket prefers the Reddit format. 

Obsolete might not be the right term. No longer the norm, sure. Either way, that doesn't excuse a forum being almost wholly neglected by the developers (who were previously highly active on the forum). My point is that the medium doesn't matter, the community does.

This is where I disagree with Rocket with regards to his interaction, which I feel has been stellar regardless. Simply because one prefers a mode of communication, doesn't give one license to just ignore the rest. I can appreciate that he may not have time right now to dive through the forums, and that other (less wholesome in my opinion) outlets are preferable to getting information across. But sooner or later, Rocket should make an effort to treat each sector of the community equally (when time provides for it).

I've seen much more honed and reasonable discussions here on the forums than I've ever seen on Reddit. One would assume that would be more helpful to the developers, even if it takes them longer to parse through everything.

That and I don't think Reddit and traditional "forums" are all that different from one another. Reddit is merely an aggregate form of a forum. You click on a Reddit original post, and it opens up a thread. The feed may be unified, but the interface is nearly identical.

DayZ is still happening in Russia though. If it's be supposed to be located in Czekoslowakia they'd have to change the letterings from cyrillic to latin. Or did they relocate it indeed? I recall that poster and the guy with the guy fawkes mask (which is ok) and that poster was czech. Hmmm.....

jjfffiq.gif

NOOOO! Chernarus is it's own country, get your facts correct. Every say otherwise, and I will make another post like this! Ghaaaa!!!

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2/arma-2-chernarus.html

Y'know, there is a factbook on Chernarus at the ArmA 2 website.

It explains pretty much everything.

If you mean this...

www.arma2.com/arma-2/arma-2-chernarus/

Then no, it doesn't, especially with regard to DayZ. It's a brief fictional background of fictional Chernarus.

Edited by Katana67

So either the game releases very soon, or Dean has not learned anything about the mistakes he made the past year. Once he said "If we get 50 players on the server and it runs smooth and it is asured that everything works it will be released" and now he says "Hell f*cking yes we have achieved the 50 players mark". So, either that means "F*ck yeah the game releases very soon!", or "Well, we have 50 players, but it is not smooth in any way and we have to wait until performance is good.". Sure, people like us will see that. But Dean did this so many times now, he is never saying clearly what he means. Always this "Hm it could mean that, but if you look at it it could mean that..."

Now realisticly speaken we can say he did not mean reaching the alpha-ready mark. But optimisticly speaken, and we know the majority of people really likes to look at it optimisticly, it means "The game will release very, very soon (probably this or next week".

You can read both into it, because Dean was not capable of putting a "...but performance is not good enough so..." or he learned something and said it on purpose because the game definitly will release very soon.

And now I don't know what to believe myself. XD

One thing though: Dean has the talent to hype people, probably not on purpose...

Edited by Wayze

He just needs to be smarter with his words.

For example he could say

"Our goal was 50, currently the performance isnt enough for 50, although we've made progress and stability is seen with 30 players"

That would make everyone understand i think.

Proper character customization would be really nice. Community made clothes and stuff, ever seen how it's on secondlife? Mesh and little moar mesh.