SmashT

November Round-up

The persistent performance problems are pretty disappointing. Hope the couple ideas Rocket talked about are enough to increase performance to acceptable level, otherwise we wil be looking at another somber announcement in December.

It just so happens that on January to February 2014, I will lose my Internet fully as well as my access to playing computer games in general, as I move to a new location and with a new very low income.

If the game isn't out before that, then I'll have been waiting for slightly over a year for a game I can't even get to play.

Dean oughta release the game today just for my sake.

Battlefield 3 was ok.

Gta online is a flying turd.

I think DayZ alpher will be bad-ok and I'm not talking alpher standards.

Oi, mate. DayZ alpher well B releashed oen de 12th of noevamber, 2012 - my Rocket accent sucks..

"It has to be out before the end of this year. It has to."

• Like 1

DayZ SA Alpha =/= DayZ SA 1.0

Stop equating what has always been intended to be an alpha release to games which were predicated on being released as "complete".

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

Oi, mate. DayZ alpher well B releashed oen de 12th of noevamber, 2012 - my Rocket accent sucks..

"It has to be out before the end of this year. It has to."

Should it be 2013? Or I just don't get jokes all the time... :P

No that’s the developers job! Its people buying games and just dealing with it that has caused games like the new Simcity to become acceptable. Half broken and full of bugs. BF3 was a shocker was it not on release.

Okay, let me reiterate. It's not even in alpha yet. It's in Dev build. Deal with it. Even if it were an alpha and there were performance issues. Deal with it. 

Okay, let me reiterate. It's not even in alpha yet. It's in Dev build. Deal with it. Even if it were an alpha and there were performance issues. Deal with it. 

Don't you mean it's not even in "alpher" yet? I'm not trying to be nit picky, just saying.

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

I love how the "hype derailment" really points out the fair-weather forum denizens.

• Like 4

Rocket said they had a team of about 30-40 people on the SA, so give them a week, that's at least 1200 man-hours toward the release. 

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

at least 1200 man-hours toward the release. 

where are you getting these info o.O

Rocket said they had a team of about 30-40 people on the SA, so give them a week, that's at least 1200 man-hours toward the release.

They have artists, modelers, map makers etc on the team that have nothing to do with the things they're trying to fix before release.

They have artists, modelers, map makers etc on the team that have nothing to do with the things they're trying to fix before release.

They are probably doing something, but it's just not directly related to the release of the alpha. Like the map dude is probably placing shrubs like he do, but they are holding off integrating it lest it bring up another bug and delay the release som mo'.

They are probably doing something, but it's just not directly related to the release of the alpha. Like the map dude is probably placing shrubs like he do, but they are holding off integrating it lest it bring up another bug and delay the release som mo'.

I can see him now.

"And you will go here. ANnnnnnnnnnd you will go here, and you are such a cutey and will go here! But not you mister tree, you will go far away over there >:("

:D

• Like 5

It only took them a year...To discover probably the biggest issue that the mod had...How encouraging...

This is not the biggest issue for the game. It isn't even holding back release. They can fix this pretty rapidly, and actually they don't have to completely fix it before the Alpher. The issues that are holding it back are mainly performance and network efficiency which affect MP playability. Once that's done minor glitches (like collision problems) are really just a matter of editing the planes which zeds use for pathing, and then replacing the old ones. Rocket posted a good pic somewhere...

Jdjm7L0.png

Here it is. Rather simple, actually.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

This is not the biggest issue for the game. It isn't even holding back release. They can fix this pretty rapidly, and actually they don't have to completely fix it before the Alpher. The issues that are holding it back are mainly performance and network efficiency which affect MP playability. Once that's done minor glitches (like collision problems) are really just a matter of editing the planes which zeds use for pathing, and then replacing the old ones. Rocket posted a good pic somewhere...

Jdjm7L0.png

Here it is. Rather simple, actually.

He is referring to an early glitch with the mod, which has now been fixed, where the zombies would glitch through walls. I don't remember the exact details but it had to do with the Ai not recognizing the walls and being able to hit through and move through them.

• Like 1

He is referring to an early glitch with the mod, which has now been fixed, where the zombies would glitch through walls. I don't remember the exact details but it had to do with the Ai not recognizing the walls and being able to hit through and move through them.

From my technical understanding they have to fix that for every single enterable building and the reason for this bug has been discovered just a few days ago...It does not hold up the alpha release but I think it should be fixed before..

just my two cents

• Like 1

Let's just be real and admit we have no idea as to the type of undertaking this problem requires. It could require some easy navmesh-esque type stuff, or it could be systemic. We have no idea.

But from what it sounds like, I wouldn't worry all that much.

• Like 4

I just hate weekends cause they don't do anything from friday night to monday morning...

Incorrect!

• Like 1

I just hate weekends cause they don't do anything from friday night to monday morning... 

Did you miss the update 2 days ago?

From my technical understanding they have to fix that for every single enterable building and the reason for this bug has been discovered just a few days ago...It does not hold up the alpha release but I think it should be fixed before..

just my two cents

In theory they could just fix the templates for the buildings (lots of buildings are copies of others) then just get the map guy/s to go back and replace the buildings with the improved ones. or if it is like many programs (i don't really know how they make their maps) where it keeps track of the files and modifies the resultant file to include the changes they could just mod the templates and the map will follow.

To be honest, i could not give a damn about zombies hitting thru walls. Its been like that for a long time. All i care about really is to get out of the arma 2 mod and into the FUTURE! :)

• Like 1

To be honest, i could not give a damn about zombies hitting thru walls. Its been like that for a long time. All i care about really is to get out of the arma 2 mod and into the FUTURE! :)

its almost like a feature of dayz ! :lol:

• Like 3

I couldn't care less about performance issues, it will be an early access game, just develop it through time.