SmashT

November Round-up

Haha I love the warning text at the start of the video^^. Rocket learned to cover his tracks

• Like 3

i like dem Zombie Laideyysss... :)

and that sun glare, nice but a bit too much as they already noticed and said in the video.

And the floating item stuff also has been more, it has reduced as it seems.

The compass is also nice, but we defently need to see more of it, so we can see exact degrees.

The video is great! I hope, from reading his reddit comments, that it is releasing tonight or tomorrow....

The video is great! I hope, from reading his reddit comments, that it is releasing tonight or tomorrow....

Link?

and....

vwMin.gif

The compass looks allot better in the YouTube video then it does on the twitter screen.

Left handers rejoice!

Exactly, like everybody else i thought that hicks screenshot with the axe was mid swing...

Like dean says before and after the vid.. it's really alpha footage.. i'm gettin of the train here.. cya when its released.

It is looking pretty good for alpha!  Melee isn't amazing but it is good enough for now.  I would like to see how the single handed melee weapons work.

Hopefully the loot is properly scarce by release.  If it isn't, then no big deal, but it would be nice.  

The new compass is good but it should be a little bigger so you can read the bearings

Im not so sure you and dean share the same vision for SA... just saying, Before it became official it was being made, he commented a bit on his vision for it here in the forums... scarcity= boring. now having some things rare, is a given. But making it boring, would be economic suicide. I dont think they are idiots ;)

Left handers rejoice!

Someone over at reddit asked if it was a bug or a feature. Made me laugh for some reason.

Anyway ; as always everyone keep an eye on rockets comment feed on reddit. (http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns) as he is already answering questions and sarcastically replying to people who didn't notice the disclaimer.

Cons

- The godrays are a little much, but that's not a big deal

They've reduced them in Arma 3 and those look great on it. Those are probably the very first implement. I know you know this but still need to mention.

• Like 1

The compass really is great to use, especially having to equip it rather than it being in a corner of your screen.

The meele system is still the same? It's like a handgun with a very short distance, look at it when he is attacking a wall. Weird, I thought they did it from scratch...

And why are there so few zombies? I want to see some hordes!

Im not so sure you and dean share the same vision for SA... just saying, Before it became official it was being made, he commented a bit on his vision for it here in the forums... scarcity= boring. now having some things rare, is a given. But making it boring, would be economic suicide. I dont think they are idiots ;)

None of us know how scarce/abundant items will be in SA release (much less accounting for tweaks later down the line), I doubt even Dean does either.

That said, I want items to have figurative weight. Meaning significance. Making items, or certain items, rarer (like packaged food, ammunition, weapons) and adding different condition levels (which has been done already) will add significance to looting. Rather than the way it works now, where it's more of a guarantee and less of a risk.

Edited by Katana67

The meele system is still the same? It's like a handgun with a very short distance, look at it when he is attacking a wall. Weird, I thought they did it from scratch...

From reddit:

"Secondly, the melee works by tracing (casting a ray) down the length of the weapon. Where the weapon connects, the melee is counted as occurring. you can see this very clearly in the video, particularly with the headshots.

However, as noted (again in the warning), much is placeholder - and the engine doesn't have the correct animation to play for interrupts, so it just interrupts the animation halfway."

"Yes. Tracing is done along the length of the axe during the animation.

At least someone noticed : (

Not all weapons do this. Most one handed weapons do it cursor based, because they just didn't work well without spacial awareness."

If they polish it I think it will be great. Notice how he moves the mouse when swinging and not just aiming and clicking! :)

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 1

And why are there so few zombies? I want to see some hordes!

He is in a field near a barn - there are plenty of zombies elsewhere.  And remember these are the girl ones as well. Just wait for the huge Bosses.

Kidding.

• Like 2

Guys.... Guys

I think it be habbening.

Guys.... Guys

I think it be habbening.

I think so too. It looks like he's uploaded this video to show what state the alpha is in, so people can't buy it then moan about how it's buggy etc.

• Like 2

Left handers rejoice!

Woo! No longer will my cack-handed lefty plague feel so bad!

The reason Rocket released this video is to send us the message that the Alpher is not ready for release anytime soon.

Another month

• Like 1

Very happy to see this video, very much a fact that a good deal of progress has been made and that this is exactly what I'm looking for in a zombie survival game.

FINALLY! :D

• Like 1