SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

I guess this kinda confirms it that we are at least days away from release. There will be another testing period with more players. Bummer :(

I've always maintained that it will be next week, with the previous sprints being monthly, and this being the final lap.

Ok, here you go, promise not to tell.  This is the newly re-modeled Electro:

Electro_zpsbbc771ac.png

As you can see the lack of DX11 lighting means it's not up to Arma 3 standards in terms of prettiness but the framerates are awesome on any system.

Amazing!  The devs did a great job making cherno feel like a real city, those new tenement buildings are fatastic!  It's a shame about the DX11, maybe sometime in the future, imagine those sidewalks with tessellation!

Edited by KorroBravin
  • Like 1

GIVE US A GODDAMN HINT ATLEAST! YOU OWE US THAT FOR OUR PATIENCE BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT YET BEGAN RIOTING!

Oh, wait we're not suppose to be rioting yet?  Ohhhh..whoops.  *drops Guy Fawkes mask and wipes off fingerprints from looting brick*

This will be the website.

Obviously there's some admin and re-organising to do but this will be the SA site with a sub-section for the mod.

:D  :D  most important thing to have on the official forums is to have a proper Reddit link for all the latest hot news given by the devs

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

Assumptions made...

No assumptions made, every player will have his or her preferences and behaviors when new games come out. Player bases will mix no question. Enjoying BF4 right now on twich by one of DayZ main streamers.

Not to realise any developer wants maximum exposure and in truth you don’t want to go up against one of the big boys like BF4. They will not launch when a AAA game is coming out in my opinion and will take such things into account no doubt.

Twich over the next few weeks will be awash with BF4. Yeah streamers can play more than one game but likely they will bash BF4 over the next few weeks.  I don’t know what percentage plays BF and DayZ probably quite high. Given the way BF works ranking and equipping up any player interested in both will I think hammer BF. I know early access I take is limited all the same with more of  a dedicated sample to test.

Edited by sav112

All buildings are enterable?

Technically yes, but the doorways are only one pixel wide and two pixels tall so none of us have managed to fit through them yet.

• Like 4

Technically yes, but the doorways are only one pixel wide and two pixels tall so none of us have managed to fit through them yet.

So basicly u cant enter buildings? guess release aint that close as some think lol

This will be the website.

Obviously there's some admin and re-organising to do but this will be the SA site with a sub-section for the mod.

I could have sworn it was going to be http://www.dayzgame.com

Are they just going to copy and paste / reformat the forums to that site?

Edited by SomebodyEpic

Did you try going prone?  I know it's dangerous but you never know if morphine is just inside!

• Like 1

No assumptions made, every player will have his or her preferences and behaviors when new games come out. Player bases will mix no question. Enjoying BF4 right now on twich by one of DayZ main streamers.

Not to realise any developer wants maximum exposure and in truth you don’t want to go up against one of the big boys like BF4. They will not launch when a AAA game is coming out in my opinion and will take such things into account no doubt.

Twich over the next few weeks will be awash with BF4. Yeah streamers can play more than one game but likely they will bash BF4 over the next few weeks.  I don’t know what percentage plays BF and DayZ probably quite high. Given the way BF works ranking and equipping up any player interested in both will I think hammer BF. I know early access I take is limited all the same with more of  a dedicated sample to test.

Again, the assumption you're making is that DayZ and BF4 are direct competitors. It's not an "either or" scenario, it's not like if they release on the same day that people aren't going to buy one or the other a day later. My point is that it doesn't matter, and that not all games are competing for the same thing. Even when they are, though, they can both succeed.

Also, the assumption you're making here is that streamers are indicative of a community. Or, moreover, that they matter. Not to me and not to anyone who can think for themselves (DISCLAIMER - This is not directed at you personally. But just is an expression of the conflated emphasis people place on streamers nowadays rather than actually experiencing things for themselves).

Edited by Katana67

Battlefield 4 will have literally no effect on how many people participate in the SA alpha. You're comparing apples to oranges. People actively seek out the things they want. A lot of people who play DayZ probably want nothing to do with Battlefield. I don't get it. One game's release does not minimize exposure for another game. Maybe if DayZ was even remotely similar to BF4, you would have a point. But they are completely different games. 

That's like saying that if I go to the supermarket for bread, but the first thing I see in the store is candy, then suddenly I'm going to buy a bunch of candy and forget the bread. Makes no fucking sense. People seek out the things that they want.

• Like 1

new guys to DayZ mostly play BF4, because they were dragged in by Frankie on pc.
Us the vets who learned about DayZ via other channels less popular are mostly Hardcore gamers who play all sorts of games surely some of you may play these overhyped AAA titles. But in the end you would definately choose to play DayZ SA rather than BF4, so its good to have the real guys who really care about the game at the very start and hopefully, those who can't understand the greatnes of Fear of Death, hunger, open world, Zombies, bloodloss, player interaction. Leave the game to the marketplace. Thign we need less is KoS boysh, more proper bandits that rob you and say stuff to you rather than juts kill you without saying a thing, actually i would like being killed by a guy who would be a psychopath in game anyone seen those vids? We need less people who whine why this is not like Dead Island. Or Skyrim? Yes you red correctly, Casual gamers compare games to other titles that are in complete different genre... they do that get used to it, because if everything does not go aswell as i presume. We are gonna have a hell of a shitstorm here, and all we can really do is to duck and cover while mods are using their bandhammers. Meanwhile us the Vets enjoying a nice DayZ SA server with nice playerbase.

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/394934654677315584

I say that's a very good sign, them moving on to bigger MP tests! It appears that tonight multiple devs/forum mods etc(seemed to be around 15-20).. have been playing on the DayZ Server. (http://www.game-monitor.com/dayz_GameServer/37.220.18.218:27016/DayZ_Steam_Testing_Server-.html#players)

I'm not trying to hype everybody up but it's just good to know that there's(seemingly) good progress being made :).

• Like 1

Excellent I can hardly wait!

Edited by Aporis

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/394934654677315584

I say that's a very good sign, them moving on to bigger MP tests! It appears that tonight multiple devs/forum mods etc(seemed to be around 15-20).. have been playing on the DayZ Server. (http://www.game-monitor.com/dayz_GameServer/37.220.18.218:27016/DayZ_Steam_Testing_Server-.html#players)

I'm not trying to hype everybody up but it's just good to know that there's(seemingly) good progress being made :).

OrLok is in there! Grrr, everybody ask him questions about the game when he's done playing - he deserves it :D

well i think it means more or less they will not do the mp test today. since its already late.

dont get your hopes to up guys, it seems they just started mp testing it on a larger scale.

i am pretty sure they will NOT release before having had it test with at least 100 people.

that might be now, but it might also be next march.

and if they do a bigger mp test with 20 people - well there still might be a big difference from 20 to 100 people online.

especially when it comes to the way the network bubble handles more than up to or more than 100 people in a small area.

testing does not necessarily mean a nearing release.

SCRUM ( which they seem to utilize if you read all the news about sprints and post sprint meetings etc) is often combined with test driven development , so it might very well be in fact the network bubble they are still working on. And they might just have gotten to a point where they are confident enough to try it out in a large scale test.

we will see, but im just saying: dont be disappointed if/when it does neither release during oct, nor november or december.

Edited by nebelwerfer
  • Like 2

I didn't knew that SausageKingofChicago is also an alpha tester :O

I didn't knew that SausageKingofChicago is also an alpha tester :o

Yeah and The.Dancing.Russian.Man :) I guess I should have secured Russian sub-forum moderator status early on, but I hardly ever go there :/

Us the vets who learned about DayZ via other channels less popular are mostly Hardcore gamers who play all sorts of games surely some of you may play these overhyped AAA titles.

Hahaha.. what?

Edited by PXXL
  • Like 1

The game wont be out this year lol.

Rocket just posted on this forum.

EVERYBODY PANIC, GAME IS COMING OUT VERY SOON!

Rocket is back to twitter?

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Rocket: I am still alive. I have been busy. Got lots of questions about "network bubble". Pic image 1000 words. http://i.imgur.com/5ezHgnh.jpg '>http://i.imgur.com/5ezHgnh.jpg  #DayZDaily

Does this mean the network bubble thing has been completed?

Edited by AnarchyBrownies