SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Research? Sorry I wrote standalone when I meant mod. Of course when stamina is added zombies could be slowed down just like Evans said.

I'm not sure what you meant with "balanced getaway solutions" so I reacted. Balanced sounds often boring to me.

Its not hard to understand really ...Balance:

Zeds move slow - we have stamina

Zeds greatly outnumber us - we use getaways as we cant outrun them all ( you run into other zeds whilst running away from one zed )

Standalone zeds can run indoors so there's no more using that as getaway - we need other ways to lose zeds and adding stamina and no ways to actually lose zeds ( remember you attract more when trying to lose the ones you have on you already) is not balanced and quite unrealistic.

I thought they would rebuild electro from scratch, making it into a more realistic and authentic city? Don't like what I see on the sceenshot... :/

It'd be nice to have an authentic post-soviet town of about 50K people in game. You only need to make blocks of 2 kind of residential building model really. 

I have recently started to play dota2 and it really helps my anger management when i can gank everyone :)

It's GG when you upset a player with 1998 in his name (i.e., a little child) and he reports you as well as making his kiddy friends report you, and you suddenly realize that the entire report system is automated and nobody checks the validity of reports.

2 reports at the same time mostly means a 12 hour mute, so everytime you get reported another 12 hours are added to that mute, until you are permanently muted.

And when many League of Legends players come to Dota 2, that automatically makes it twice as bad, because LoL players are known to be underage, ADHD players who've never received any discipline in their life and they will tend to threaten their teammates with a report if just a slight thing is unacceptable.

The best way to cope with this is to make multiple accounts and deliberately irritate the kids on your team. This way, whether or not your kiddy teammates threaten you or assault you (because kiddies like to act tough on the Internet), it doesn't matter much and won't result in the same rage.

Research? Sorry I wrote standalone when I meant mod. Of course when stamina is added zombies could be slowed down just like Evans said.

I'm not sure what you meant with "balanced getaway solutions" so I reacted. Balanced sounds often boring to me.

You don't know how it looks like, all you can see is half of the firestation and a window :)

You don't know how it looks like, all you can see is half of the firestation and a window :)

A riddle? :huh:

/Now I see. You probably meant to quote Wayze.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I thought they would rebuild electro from scratch, making it into a more realistic and authentic city? Don't like what I see on the sceenshot... :/

What screenshot are you talking about?

But the fact that there is the same building and the firestation is no good sign. When I saw this:

I thought they already had it almost done...

What screenshot are you talking about?

First page, second picture.

I wouldn't draw conclusions yet until we are completely sure they hardly changed Electro.

Besides, I think the rest of the towns* are looking hot af in my opinion.

E: *the towns that we have seen

Edited October 27, 2013; 12:25 PM (EST)

Edited by Gesundheit

But the fact that there is the same building and the firestation is no good sign. When I saw this:

I thought they already had it almost done...

First page, second picture.

I remember getting all excited about this video, has it really been 7 months?  :o

• Like 1

I remember getting all excited about this video, has it really been 7 months?  :o

Hard to believe that is has been.  

Translation: "Every day DayZ release is getting closer and closer ... :) SpasiboKep"

#IDS #HABBENING #SOON

Who is the guy tweeting?

Who is the guy tweeting?

The longer you wait the close the release is. #Spasibo Kep is a reference to Captain Obvious, so another cruel, heartless teasing tweet from the Chosen Ones...

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 2

Yes the Arma 3 stamina system isn't hardcore enough yet. You can still run endlessly.

I was so happy about that at the end of the last mission of the campaign though  :P

The longer you wait the close the release is. #Spasibo Kep is a reference to Captain Obvious, so another cruel, heartless teasing tweet from the Chosen Ones...

That's exactly what I thought about it as well.

Why's this "Chosen One" alpha tester doing this to us? Is this how he gets out of his responsibilities, is this how he act?

that tweet....well no duhhh we get closer to the standalone everyday maybe its coming sooner than we think

hopefully it does i cant wait much longer

The game will be slower if they implement stamina system. Look at Arma 3, they`ve changed the movement. It`s slower. You can`t sprint. Certain amount of players doesn`t like this movement system just beacuse it`s slow. And if they implement stamina into DayZ SA then wh should expect zombies to be slower, better, harder. Not like someone just shoved a rocket up in their ass so they run fatser than Usain Bolt. 

yap it is slower and that's exactly how it is in real life ....and played by most Arma players...sprinting and jumping during combat is for games like Battlefield and CoD

just as long as they add encumberence properly  i dont mind . I wouldnt want to not be able to run when i fresh spawned and was carrying next to nothing as that would take away the real life feel they originally added the encumberence feature to achieve.  

yap it is slower and that's exactly how it is in real life ....and played by most Arma players...sprinting and jumping during combat is for games like Battlefield and CoD

So.... what you're saying is people can't sprint or jump when they're being shot at? Okay.

So.... what you're saying is people can't sprint or jump when they're being shot at? Okay.

what I am saying is that a slower pace in combat or similar situations is more realistic than sprinting and jumping and running around all the time....you just sprint when you absolutely have to ...and  that's the way it should be in non casual games...

• Like 2

This wait. If anyone could see how many times I check these forums daily I would be locked up in an insane asylum.

• Like 2