Ozelot (DayZ)

Give me one logical reason why gear destruction will delay KOS

Whatever buddie ...move on.

Why don't you move on? I'm still providing actual content to the thread, and you're merely tossing out "whatevs br0" and "yeh rite d00d". It seems as if you've given up, and that's okay... Nothing wrong giving up when the going gets tough, everyone is doing it these days anyway.

To the mods. Excuse this post and its irrelevance to the topic at hand. But someone had to snip Massicors umbilical cord.

• Like 1

Is that your go-to line when you have just been textually beaten to a pulp?

You can't just tell people to move on because they made you look like a moron, you're doing that yourself plenty - it's clear you have nothing useful to contribute to the forum or society as a whole.

Now jog on, ya pillock.

Why don't you move on? I'm still providing actual content to the thread, and you're merely tossing out "whatevs br0" and "yeh rite d00d". It seems as if you've given up, and that's okay... Nothing wrong giving up when the going gets tough, everyone is doing it these days anyway.

To the mods. Excuse this post and its irrelevance to the topic at hand. But someone had to snip Massicors umbilical cord.

You see ..nothing but trolls that didn't read all the previous posts and got no clue what there talking about so have to resort to making stuff up and trying to troll ...try contributing something to the thread and grow up.

Ill be the bigger man as it seems i was right and people will just keep going in circles ..this is my last post on this thread ...try troll bait me in if you must but im done :)

You see ..nothing but trolls that didn't read all the previous posts and got no clue what there talking about so have to resort to making stuff up and trying to troll ...try contributing something to the thread and grow up.

Ill be the bigger man as it seems i was right and people will just keep going in circles ..this is my last post on this thread ...try troll bait me in if you must but im done :)

Nah', I'll just make you look unintelligent again and then people can decide for themselves who they think the moron is. No 'troll baiting' necessary.

Exactly. It's like playing the role of a murderous psychopath in any post-apocalyptic scenario. They will yes, exist. However there won't be nearly the ratio that DayZ has. In fact it'd be the complete opposite. Most people would want to help others out instead of murder them for no apparent reason other than to add a mark on their rifle.

I myself do in fact play the heavy bandit role. I only kill those that are a threat to myself or my squad, or people that own things that I wish to acquire myself that I believe will assist in survival. Like if someone has a DMR and I have a... m16. If I believe I can (or my squad can) kill that person without putting myself or my partners in direct risk, so that I can further my chances of survival, then I'm going to most likely tactically and strategically eliminate that person. On the flip side, if some poor sap is running across a field five hundred meters away with a gun that doesn't pose any immediate threat to myself (or my partners of course) then I'm not going to put anybody in danger when I most likely won't gain anything from it. However, if that person approaches me or my squad or fires at us, making him a direct threat, he's going to find himself being surgically picked apart.

Simply put, I do enjoy PvP and the adrenaline rush that comes with it. But I don't go buck wild with killing everything and everyone I see. I still stick to the basic principal that DayZ was founded upon... survival. Constant KoS is one of the main reasons why people get bored of DayZ. It isn't a heavily action based game to begin with. Combine that with the fact that you don't spawn with gear, and you've got boredom within months if not weeks.

^This looks pretty contributing. I don't think I made up any of that.

What do you all think people? Lets see some beans.

See? Yet again you come to the assumption that the person that disagrees with you hasn't read the thread and is therefore 'below you'. I've read every single post in this thread thoroughly, and you honestly haven't been informative or reasonable more than maybe once. Say whatever you like about me not reading the thread to make you feel better about yourself and your presumed intelligence.

Who the hell is trolling here? It really seems like you bud. I didn't try to start anything with you, I merely engaged in disagreement with you. Yet you ask for a mod to lock a perfectly good thread due to the fact that you think people are trying to troll you, when really you're just out of semi-intelligent words. I don't wanna get into an argument over intellect, but I think it's you that should step back and read what you've written, and then determine who has the trouble with comprehension skills.

One of the hardest things on this forum is trying to remain composed when arguing with a self-endowed genius that can't even compose coherent sentences. <-- You wanted trolling? There it is.

This doesn't look too trollish to me. But what do I know? im juz not on ur lvl.

I'm going to stop as well. However not for the same reason you are. You are right in the sole fact that me arguing with someone so single-minded isn't contributing anything to this thread, and I don't wanna be the reason people can't post anymore.

We'll see how many beans your posts get, and how many mine get. That way the community will have a say in who they think is the troll.

Edit: Since you edited your post, I'll edit mine. My intention was to never get you to explain yourself, it was to point out that you have been saying the same thing over and over not proving anything, but still claiming how right you are. Like I said you'd do, you're assuming I haven't read the entire thread to trick yourself into thinking that you're right, but you're only fooling yourself. How would I know that you were arguing with mZLY a few pages back if I hadn't read through the pages?

LOGIC!

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 4

So.....topic?

If Rocket delivers the 150 slot servers mentioned (and I hope he does) then I think KOS is going to happen anyway.

Going to a high traffic area on a busy server and finding it deserted is going to be a lot less likely. Even the small villages are going to have a few looters.

There's going to be much more to shoot at.

As I mentioned earlier I have played servers labelled as PVP. I also played the friendly generous game for long before that, I got used as a helicopter dispensing machine half the time.

Since then Wasteland and I got to admit.. I want to be friendly in standalone, I think I'll have to as everything I've seen suggests SA is going to be tougher, much steeper learning curve even after 500+ hours in the mod.

After shooting so many though, I don't honestly know what I'll do when the first player I meet in SA comes along.

You mayaswell just lock the thread inception ..because people like this will just come in ...read only the past page and then try to troll and cause arguments...and say that the read the full thread.

The only person who appears to be trolling is you

• Like 2

You have a point.. There will be some KoS.. But with this system in place. And its a reasonable one.. It will make things more interesting and challenging for Bandits who want your gear in fair condition.

You can't. Because it won't.

I don't shoot people to get their gear in the game now. I shoot them so I won't lose mine. And I'm really not going to be too concerned about shooting some guy with just a flashlight, just incase I might break it, even if I did care.

I will continue to lone-dog it and kill everyone I meet, armed or not.

I have had many many people in sights and not pulled the trigger. I've had many run ins with people where we both backed away rather than pull the trigger.

When I was a lone wolf with a 28 day character (no pun) I tried to confirm friendly and was attacked. I was so unaccustomed to PvP that I choked and didn't fight back and almost bled out before I could find cover.

I firmly believe that the SA will attracted more survivors than murderers and the murderers will find themselves terribly out numbered with almost no one they can trust.

At least this is what I hope for.

If you really want to prove PvP skill then playing a game where the best PvP players play would be your best test.

Most of the other online shooters have many many more experienced PvP players and  have game engines tailored to PvP.

• Like 1

I have had many many people in sights and not pulled the trigger. I've had many run ins with people where we both backed away rather than pull the trigger.

When I was a lone wolf with a 28 day character (no pun) I tried to confirm friendly and was attacked. I was so unaccustomed to PvP that I choked and didn't fight back and almost bled out before I could find cover.

I firmly believe that the SA will attracted more survivors than murderers and the murderers will find themselves terribly out numbered with almost no one they can trust.

At least this is what I hope for.

If you really want to prove PvP skill then playing a game where the best PvP players play would be your best test.

Most of the other online shooters have many many more experienced PvP players and  have game engines tailored to PvP.

This is WHY they like to PvP in DayZ a lot of them, a lot of players simply don't want to KoS and would rather be friendly but a forced into shooting due to fear of being shot themselves, there was a thread a while back where most of the players that admitted shooting on site did purely out fear of being shot first.

I hope they make it as harsh as possible to the point where KoS is still a perfectly viable option but not one that is just as easy choice to make as moving on is - limited ammo, damaging gear and more aggressive zombies will do just this.

Exactly. It's like playing the role of a murderous psychopath in any post-apocalyptic scenario. They will yes, exist. However there won't be nearly the ratio that DayZ has. In fact it'd be the complete opposite. Most people would want to help others out instead of murder them for no apparent reason other than to add a mark on their rifle.

I disagree. Peope will help each other within a group, but if it comes to other groups or people they will probably avoid or rob them. It depends if they are desperate or just cruel.

The problem is, the people who kill others for their own advantage will always be on top. Just image you are alone and you help another guy. Maybe the other guy wants to kill you? How can you ever trust him? Why would you even trust him?

It is no game, helping another person is a very high risk and if the other person is psychopathic, your life is over. End of story. You cannot respawn on the coast and go to another guy and ask him for food. You are just dead, there is no second chance. I don't think that people will be as stupid as that and go around saying "Hey do you need help?!" or "Help me out here please!". Even if the chances are 1/10 that the other person will kill you, why would you take the risk?

If you go around and ask everyone for help or if you go around and help others you will eventually die by one of these psychopaths who just want your food.

I think people will just try to avoid each other. Like in The Road. If I got a son and I am walking through the streets seeing people I won't go to them even if they seem friendly and even if I have no food. There are worse things than the dead, people are capable of horrorfic things.

Kill on sight would not be caused by psychopaths, but by people who are afraid. People who do not want to take the risk. Sure there would be groups running around, but I don't think that a group would ever group up with another group. Within the group they trust each other, but they have expirienced this world for long enough. They have probably seen people killing each other. So it is very unlikely that they will run around and like you said "help each other".

But that's just a theory the same as yours. Maybe human are like you said, but if we look in the past, well sadly the chances are low...

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

nothing will end KoS completely, but think about the first kills you see ingame: makarov vs hatchet to take that pistol or a backpack or a knife or something low end.. if you damaga that backpack or the content of it it becomes a useless kill..in the north even if you damage something everybody has two primaries, a pistol, medical stuff..you'll always have something to rely on..

Like in The Road. If I got a son and I am walking through the streets seeing people I won't go to them even if they seem friendly and even if I have no food. There are worse things than the dead, people are capable of horrorfic things.

You mean like in "The Road" where the father is too scared to come out and get help and dies and the kid then finds out the dog they heard was owned by the people who were kind enough to take him in and help him out?  <_<

Edited by Mercules
  • Like 2

TLDR past the first page.

It will for those people that kill for gear, kill to obtain greater goods such as NVGs or a good backpack, basically it just acts as the first steps towards it being a deterrent from it being your only option.

Obviously for those "special" people that seem to kill just to flex their EPenis in their hands, it wont do anything.  As is life.

That is all....

• Like 3

TLDR past the first page.

It will for those people that kill for gear, kill to obtain greater goods such as NVGs or a good backpack, basically it just acts as the first steps towards it being a deterrent from it being your only option.

Obviously for those "special" people that seem to kill just to flex their EPenis in their hands, it wont do anything.  As is life.

That is all....

Read the thread before posting. This has already been addressed.

I disagree. Peope will help each other within a group, but if it comes to other groups or people they will probably avoid or rob them. It depends if they are desperate or just cruel.

The problem is, the people who kill others for their own advantage will always be on top. Just image you are alone and you help another guy. Maybe the other guy wants to kill you? How can you ever trust him? Why would you even trust him?

It is no game, helping another person is a very high risk and if the other person is psychopathic, your life is over. End of story. You cannot respawn on the coast and go to another guy and ask him for food. You are just dead, there is no second chance. I don't think that people will be as stupid as that and go around saying "Hey do you need help?!" or "Help me out here please!". Even if the chances are 1/10 that the other person will kill you, why would you take the risk?

If you go around and ask everyone for help or if you go around and help others you will eventually die by one of these psychopaths who just want your food.

I think people will just try to avoid each other. Like in The Road. If I got a son and I am walking through the streets seeing people I won't go to them even if they seem friendly and even if I have no food. There are worse things than the dead, people are capable of horrorfic things.

Kill on sight would not be caused by psychopaths, but by people who are afraid. People who do not want to take the risk. Sure there would be groups running around, but I don't think that a group would ever group up with another group. Within the group they trust each other, but they have expirienced this world for long enough. They have probably seen people killing each other. So it is very unlikely that they will run around and like you said "help each other".

But that's just a theory the same as yours. Maybe human are like you said, but if we look in the past, well sadly the chances are low...

That is such a bleak and pessimistic outlook on humanity. I know, there would be bad people out there doing bad things to others. But you honestly think that the majority of people would try to kill or rob others? You can't really take what you see in movies to heart, they are just movies. I don't disagree with people avoiding others, but when it comes to this topic and just murdering for the hell of it... I seriously doubt if something like DayZ actually ever happened, that there would be the level of mass murder and lack of concern for another person.

• Like 1

I can imagine it now

Dayz in real life

Guy gets hands on an AK

Sees survivor

"Hey mate-"

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANGBANG BANG BANG BANG

WOOO A BANDAGE

Runs onto a farm

Sees survivors building a defensible position with stocks of food

OMG! HUMANS! KILL IT!

"I don't need these guys who clearly have a long term survival plan who I could have helped defend! Im fucking invincible! WOOOO!"

Survives for a few weeks on the farm

At some point gets a cold or some other illness

Heads for medical supplies

A survivor comes out to greet him

"Hey buddy im a doctor-"

"IM FUCKING INVINCIBLE!"

Steps on a nail while leaving,

A couple of days later, infected wound from not bathing for god knows how many months.

Foot becomes unwalkable, dies of starvation while crawling and screaming for help

An infection will kill you pretty nastily and painfully

Movies are made for entertainment purposes and cant really reflect an accurate real life apocalypse.

Those who are smart will survive, killing every other human on sight would be retarded and get you killed unless you a Spec Ops+ Doctor+ farmer+Builder+Mechanic+Martial arts expert who can run hundreds of mile at full sprint with a .50 in your arms plus a pack full of heavy gear

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 3

Agree with what you said.  That's why all arguments for KOS (except killing bandits) being "real world" fall apart.
I like this vid of yours - most excellent.

More bandit hunters is the best solution to bandits.

But the humanity system has to work well at skinning bandits.

That one guy you shot leaving the factory area had survivor garb.

Could have been a bad kill of a "good" guy.

Still a very good vid. 

• Like 2

Thanks Vicco

I do what I can, you got it spot on

I cant help everyone, I cant kill all the bandits, but I can stand up against them, which is something

And there have been times where people have admitted to me they were going to kill me on sight (a few, not many) after I saved them, and I know some people have changed their ways because of some of the encounters Ive had with them

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

Read the thread before posting. This has already been addressed.

Dont need to, its fact.  There is some people that you will never change and some that you may be able to give incentive to act differently.  Adding things even in small doses will affect some no matter what you think cause not everyone has the same outlook and reasoning.

If someone else in the thread has already pointed that out to you then great, just +1 their comments.

• Like 1

You mean like in "The Road" where the father is too scared to come out and get help and dies and the kid then finds out the dog they heard was owned by the people who were kind enough to take him in and help him out?  <_<

Exactly like that. Sure, rationally speaken it was stupid, but that is how people act. Why did nobody kill the nazi officers in WW2? The soldiert knew it was wrong (not all of them but still), but why didn't they just form a rebellion? Well, probably because of fear.

Why didn't the black people in america kill the white ones when they were enslaved? Probably because of fear.

Fear is very strong emotion that can overwhelm everything else. Now you say "I would never kill someone without a reason!", but then if it comes to the reality and you stand infront of another guy, holding a shotgun, you would maybe shoot without hesitation. It's called survival instinct and most people cannot control this.

In reality you do not take chances like in a game, you just do whatever you have to do to survive.

What you took as an example is perfect. The people who helped the kid, they followed them for days. They never engaged them, they waited until the father died. This is how people would do it. Never take chances. They were so afraid that they did save the father, but just let him die. They didn't help him.

A kid on the other side is mostly harmless and is a very valuable addition to the group. Fear is bigger than the desire to help others.

That is such a bleak and pessimistic outlook on humanity. I know, there would be bad people out there doing bad things to others. But you honestly think that the majority of people would try to kill or rob others?

Nope, never said that. People would avoid each other and if confronted directly, probably kill each other.

This is not pessimistic, it is just realistic. If you do not realise that, you have no idea what normal people are capable of. What they will do to survive. And, sadly in such a world, everyone who does not do everything to survive, will just die.

I don't say people are murderers, but they are survivors. They kill if necessery. People who won't will be selected out by nature.

This is not something I say because I think so, you just have to look in the past.

Edited by Wayze

you cant alter the mentality of the people playing ! mechanics cant do this.

you take away guns ! people will use sticks ! you take away sticks people will use fists !

minority want to be protected from gamers mentality ! 

if people are that bothered about kos just make it impossible to kill each other . job done. i just solved it and also lost 90 percent of the player base.

Actually you can change peoples mentality. As long they are able to comprehend, they usually are able to make some reasoning. This btw is the main difference between survivors and zombies. The former have brains, the latter eat them.

Since the game is ought to be a survival game and no death match, it should force the players to use their brains, to think twice before doing shit.

Yes, somehow you deny your ability to think, and sometimes it even looks like you proofed the point, but believe me, it's there and if not used, it should make the difference. :-)

Edited by Ken Bean

I think the fact that this feature is under such intense protest is proof that it would indeed make killing other players less profitable. The ones protesting are the ones who are afraid to lose their profit.

• Like 1

I think the fact that this feature is under such intense protest is proof that it would indeed make killing other players less profitable. The ones protesting are the ones who are afraid to lose their profit.

Exactly.  Hell I support the feature but I could easily see myself being frustrated when I damage a good item from a person that I just killed.

Just saying, usually when I decide to kill people, it's purely for fun... any gear they may have is just a bonus. A lot of times I wouldn't even bother to go loot a corpse unless they had something really nice and shiny. I don't buy the argument that KoS is done mainly as a method of "surviving" or collecting gear. It's for fun. Therefore fear of damaging gear wouldn't change a single thing for many players. However if everything is much rarer, then maybe gear will have more importance...

Alright, I just skimmed thread and skipped a lot. But this degrading gear thing will have no impact on murder. Maybe kill on sight. But in reality, any bandit can rob the person and then kill them, it's that simple. Maybe they won't be shot instantly, but they are going to be robbed and then killed. So that logic in itself is invalid. 
This just makes killing people in the end shittier because now killing a bandit means you as a survivor will not get their gear. This is going to solve nothing. Still an interesting feature though.