Ozelot (DayZ)

Give me one logical reason why gear destruction will delay KOS

Unfortunately being stuborn and/or ignorant is not against the rules.

If you're sick of the discussion simply leave the topic.

Hello there

That's the problem, there isn't a topic.

He's been given an argument and totally ignores it - it's not stubborness or ignorance, he's just unbelievably stupid.

Can't even tell if he's trolling or just amazingly dumb, every single post he has made is the same.

Rgds

Rossums

I don't see how it will delay it ...If i want a persons gear i will select a part of the body to shoot ...for example lets say the head. I would shoot them on the head and kill them then take all there gear (except the damaged head gear) and then when i next go to kill someone ill shoot them on the chest then take there headgear...so that's me got all the gear i want from them. I cant see any bandit caring about gear anyways ...all they need is a weapon, food and drink etc and protective gear wont make much difference as most times when you kill someone its because you saw them and they didn't see you so they don't have time to react...a bit of damage reduction isn't going to save them when they don't know you are there. Im looking forward to all this gear stuff and collecting tbh as lets say someone has spent so much time collecting everything then i come along with my very basic gear that i collected just after being a fresh spawn and kos that guy if i run into him...hes mad and i got all his gear that he spent many hours getting. In the mod people are mad enough when you kill them and there geared out ...just think how mad they will be when you kill them on SA where getting geared out will take much longer.

The only way i can see a reduction in KOS is if when SA first gets released people may decide to explore what SA has to offer as it will be NEW ...but after a while the old KOS will kick in because people have experienced the new content and it isn't new anymore.

So if this holds true and there is a reduction in KOS ....enjoy it whilst you can.

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 2

For the final time, if ammo is scarce enough and there is no definite return value, people will think before they shoot. There is literally no point in wasting your very limited ammo unless you have to.

I have no doubt the retards that like to KoS will fire their last 5 round from sniper hill in Elektro for the fuck of it.  They die, and the spawn again, and get 5 more rounds to skullfuck someone again.  "if they have to" means nothing, because there is no penalty of death.  You simply start the deathmatch all over again. They don't give a shit about anything but killing someone because it is a shitty brainless deathmatch to them.  So what if they die, you can grab another life instantly and go about deathmatching again, ignoring the fact that a zombie apocalypse is going on. To them it is a videogame, not a zombie apocalypse simulator.

Humans would not survive the zombie apocalypse if all the non-infected people just killed each other,  It's absolute insanity.  People do so because it's some stupid videogame, and they can't wrap their puny minds around something larger than pwning n00bs, and because they're 14, 15, 16, or complete idiots. The idea is to survive, regardless of the colatteral cost to others.  You're just trying to survive.

I pray that the SA is so brutal that most of these losers just stop playing.  I want a game where one out of 20 people you meet is hostile, and the rest are more concerned with helpng you and themselves survive the zombies.... the whole point of the game.  The rest of you idiots can go play Epoch or whatever RamboZ mod you like.

/drunk.

• Like 6

Actually, I can. Because we've seen it before.

Hundreds of flashlight-toating noobs are killed on the coasts in the mod every day. No one cares about the gear they have or how conservative they should be with ammo.

Actually now, as Standalone will have alot less ammo and Zeds be even more dangerous, I'm pretty sure people think twice before shooting a no threat, even a retard knows that a fast running zombie that might infect you, is a lot more dangerous than a noob with nothing. Also, why not just save ammo and rob the guys who might have something except weapons. People who just KoS lack the imagination and the skill to adapt in that sort of situations as they really don't know what to do, how to rob the guy safely as an example. Also one last thing, what i've heard and red from the Devblogs, the zombies now hear gunfire from alot higher distance, so if you shoot someone next to a town you could possibly see a herd of zombies running after you once those creatures start searching for the source of gunfire.

Hello there

Firstly lets calm things down a notch.

Secondly, for some folk like OP it probably wont affect their playstyle but it may hinder their progression.

The mechanic is not there to stop KOS, its one of the mechanics to make you think and evaluate as gear will be far harder to come by. You may still wanna kill on sight, but you might have to be more careful in how you do it.

Rgds

LoK

funny thing is me and my mate worked out as soon as it was announced how wed combat the system and still go on slaughtering people !

me him go upto person get on ground tie rap take gear off them first then kill them still same result no gear damaged !

or just shoot them anyway and too hell with the gear :lol:

i slaughter everything i see in game and you wont change how i play even if i have only a can of beans ill just beat them over the head with the beans instead of shooting :D

• Like 1

I never said I didn't like it, fool.

I just find it hilarious that stupid people think it will actually prevent everyone from killing everyone like they already do. I don't care about your gear, and even I did, I wouldn't take the risk of trying to take it from you while you're still alive. It makes 0% difference.

This game will continue to be nothing more than a permadeath counterstrike with weapon scavenging elements.

that's down to people playing like arseholes instead of just playing counter-strike though, not the features of the game itself

funny thing is me and my mate worked out as soon as it was announced how wed combat the system and still go on slaughtering people !

me him go upto person get on ground tie rap take gear off them first then kill them still same result no gear damaged !

or just shoot them anyway and too hell with the gear :lol:

i slaughter everything i see in game and you wont change how i play even if i have only a can of beans ill just beat them over the head with the beans instead of shooting :D

Hello there

As you can see the system stopped you from killing on site - it's working exactly as intended.

You had to approach the other player if you wanted a good chance of getting undamaged loot or risk destroying it.

The system isn't meant to stop bad players from killing on site, that's always going to happen - it's meant to add additional decisions that have to be made BEFORE you shoot on sight.

If you're stupid enough to waste ammo for no net gain that's your prerogative but you're clearly playing the wrong game.

It always seems to be the players that have an overinflated ego and seem to think they are actually good players that support the whole crappy KoS attitude - the same players that don't play a real competitive shooter because they'd get destroyed.

Rgds

Rossums 

• Like 4

no it didnt stop me from killing them or it made me pause maybe ... the result is they still dead just a prolonged death which didnt serve any purpose.

as said i will still kill the person regardless so it solved nothing.

keep up the KOS arguements as it gets me by during the winter months :lol:

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

Hello there

As you can see the system stopped you from killing on site - it's working exactly as intended.

You had to approach the other player if you wanted a good chance of getting undamaged loot or risk destroying it.

The system isn't meant to stop bad players from killing on site, that's always going to happen - it's meant to add additional decisions that have to be made BEFORE you shoot on sight.

If you're stupid enough to waste ammo for no net gain that's your prerogative but you're clearly playing the wrong game.

It always seems to be the players that have an overinflated ego and seem to think they are actually good players that support the whole crappy KoS attitude - the same players that don't play a real competitive shooter because they'd get destroyed.

Rgds

Rossums 

What nonsense ....you seem to have read countless posts made by degeesio where he said countless times he will kos and there is no way to prevent kos and yet you choose the one post where he says something a little different to help prove your point....pathetic.

You said "As you can see the system stopped you from killing on site - it's working exactly as intended. you had to approach the other player if you wanted a good chance of getting undamaged loot or risk destroying it"

Well in fact it didn't "STOP" him and he didn't "HAVE" to approach the other player"...he decided against KOS purely for the sake of discussion as this topic is about gear destruction and delaying kos. He didn't say he  would take the choice to tie a player up and then take his gear hes saying it was an option and that even if he did take that option ...the result would be the same ..the player is gets robbed and killed....its practically still kos.

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 1

What nonsense ....you seem to have read countless posts made by degeesio where he said countless times he will kos and there is no way to prevent kos and yet you choose the one post where he says something a little different to help prove your point....pathetic.

You said "As you can see the system stopped you from killing on site - it's working exactly as intended. you had to approach the other player if you wanted a good chance of getting undamaged loot or risk destroying it"

Well in fact it didn't "STOP" him and he didn't "HAVE" to approach the other player"...he decided against KOS purely for the sake of discussion as this topic is about gear destruction and delaying kos. He didn't say he  would take the choice to tie a player up and then take his gear hes saying it was an option and that even if he did take that option ...the result would be the same ..the player is gets robbed and killed....its practically still kos.

Hello there

I think your basic skills of comprehension are the only things that are 'pathetic', well, maybe that along with your reading ability.

I'll even quote it for you so you can stop making things up:

I literally said that it's not meant to stop KoS and it's always going to happen - you claim the opposite.

It's not 'practically KoS' - it is literally the OPPOSITE of KoS.

KoS is short for 'Killing on sight', he did NOT kill on sight - I don't know what's going on in your head but that's pretty clear cut - you can't argue with definitions - there is no grey area, either he did kill on sight or he didn't... there is no middle ground.

By forcing an encounter it allows more than the 'Player shoots and kills' - there are MULTIPLE things that could happen in this scenario, it's not just a given that the player will bend over and let you cuff them.

If you'd actually take time to read before smashing your face off your keyboard you'd actually get somewhere.

Every post you make is so unbelievably fucking stupid I have a really hard time working out how you function in your day-to-day life, honestly.

Rgds

Rossums

Hello there

I think your basic skills of comprehension are the only things that are 'pathetic', well, maybe that along with your reading ability.

I'll even quote it for you so you can stop making things up:

I literally said that it's not meant to stop KoS and it's always going to happen - you claim the opposite.

It's not 'practically KoS' - it is literally the OPPOSITE of KoS.

KoS is short for 'Killing on sight', he did NOT kill on sight - I don't know what's going on in your head but that's pretty clear cut - you can't argue with definitions - there is no grey area, either he did kill on sight or he didn't... there is no middle ground.

By forcing an encounter it allows more than the 'Player shoots and kills' - there are MULTIPLE things that could happen in this scenario, it's not just a given that the player will bend over and let you cuff them.

If you'd actually take time to read before smashing your face off your keyboard you'd actually get somewhere.

Every post you make is so unbelievably fucking stupid I have a really hard time working out how you function in your day-to-day life, honestly.

Rgds

Rossums

Get a grip guy ....all you do is talk complete nonsense on this forum.

Hello there

Rgds

Rossums

You said "As you can see the system stopped you from killing on site - it's working exactly as intended."

Then 2 lines below you said "The system isn't meant to stop bad players from killing on site, that's always going to happen - it's meant to add additional decisions that have to be made BEFORE you shoot on sight."

Enough said .

Edited by Massicor

Get a grip guy ....all you do is talk complete nonsense on this forum.

You said "As you can see the system stopped you from killing on site - it's working exactly as intended."

Then 2 lines below you said "The system isn't meant to stop bad players from killing on site, that's always going to happen - it's meant to add additional decisions that have to be made BEFORE you shoot on sight."

Enough said .

Actually he's talking sense. I think it's pretty obvious that he misspoke and you're being pedantic.

What he meant is that the item damage mechanic is meant to dissuade players from killing on sight. It is not meant to eliminate banditry or playing killing as a whole, just encourage more interaction for example restraining and robbing or holding up and executing a player to gain their items without damaging them.

• Like 3

you cant stop kos and possums you dot know what you talking about why ?

first thoughts of anyone in game is will he KOS me regardless of what is done to the game. it will alway be the first thought of a player. this is why the first reaction will always be to shoot on sight. until people acknowledge this its a never ending circle of arguements that never do anything.

awaits new topic on KOS in next few minutes....

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

Actually he's talking sense. I think it's pretty obvious that he misspoke and you're being pedantic.

What he meant is that the item damage mechanic is meant to dissuade players from killing on sight. It is not meant to eliminate banditry or playing killing as a whole, just encourage more interaction for example restraining and robbing or holding up and executing a player to gain their items without damaging them.

He didn't miss speak at all ..he is actually that silly. Total contradiction within 3 lines.... I know this because of the complete nonsense he writes in all his posts.

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 1

if the person makes a mistake in his post when trying to reply then someone replys to your post which is a mistake surely the mistake is the mistake and not the person replying to the mistake ?

• Like 1

if the person makes a mistake in his post when trying to reply then someone replys to your post which is a mistake surely the mistake is the mistake and not the person replying to the mistake ?

We must go deeper

• Like 2

Not sure if question or toungue twister.

you cant stop kos and possums you dot know what you talking about why ?

first thoughts of anyone in game is will he KOS me regardless of what is done to the game. it will alway be the first thought of a player. this is why the first reaction will always be to shoot on sight. until people acknowledge this its a never ending circle of arguements that never do anything.

awaits new topic on KOS in next few minutes....

No one is trying to stop KoS, meerely make it a less viable playstyle as DayZ was never supposed to be a deathmatch.

I'm not sure why you seem to think that you can speak for the community as a whole but okay...

A lot of people don't kill on sight and a whole lot more wouldn't kill on sight if there wasn't such a high chance of other players killing them on sight.

Not sure if question or toungue twister.

No one is trying to stop KoS, meerely make it a less viable playstyle as DayZ was never supposed to be a deathmatch.

I'm not sure why you seem to think that you can speak for the community as a whole but okay...

A lot of people don't kill on sight and a whole lot more wouldn't kill on sight if there wasn't such a high chance of other players killing them on sight.

Not to be rude but im not sure why you seem to think that you can speak for the community as a whole either.. writing what you did below.

"A lot of people don't kill on sight and a whole lot more wouldn't kill on sight if there wasn't such a high chance of other players killing them on sight."

You don't know that ..although in theory what you say is a possibility ..just remember when this mod first released ..it was all teamwork and hardly any banditry ...but what happened ? people got bored and decided to kill each other as it was more fun....that then lead to not only killing people for fun but also survival. Yes there will be more stuff to do in SA but people will get bored of that stuff too and go back to kosing ...like i said in another post the only possible way to reduce kos is when SA is released and people may decide to team-up to explore the new content etc....but they will return to kosing when they get bored. So there goes that theory :)

Edited by Massicor

Not to be rude but im not sure why you seem to think that you can speak for the community as a whole either.. writing what you did below.

"A lot of people don't kill on sight and a whole lot more wouldn't kill on sight if there wasn't such a high chance of other players killing them on sight."

You don't know that ..although in theory what you say is a possibility ..just remember when this mod first released ..it was all teamwork and hardly any banditry ...but what happened ? people got bored and decided to kill each other as it was more fun....that then lead to not only killing people for fun but also survival. Yes there will be more stuff to do in SA but people will get bored of that stuff too and go back to kosing ...like i said in another post the only possible way to reduce kos is when SA is released and people may decide to team-up to explore the new content etc....but they will return to kosing when they get bored. So there goes that theory :)

'A lot of people...'

Quite clearly not trying to speak for the community as a whole...

And I do know that based on conversations with people that I've played with, met in-game or spoken to outside of DayZ.

Edited by mZLY

'A lot of people...'

And I do know that based on conversations with people that I've played with, met in-game or spoken to outside of DayZ.

"and a whole lot more wouldn't kill on sight if there wasn't such a high chance of other players killing them on sight"

Quite clearly speaking for the rest of the community as a whole...as lets be realistic ...you do not know this.

Also you say you "know" this based on conversations with people you've played with etc....well the same could be said for dgeesio ...hes played/talked with many people ingame ...on many forums and outside of dayz so he also "knows" then doesn't he.

Anyways lets move on.

Edited by Massicor

All the people saying "Oh, killing on sight was just meant to be dissuaded, not stopped" are making me crack.

Gear destruction will not dissuade anybody. Maybe 0.000000001% of players.

As I have repeatedly stated, KOS happens because you want to protect your own gear, not take someone elses. It's sad this simple concept is so hard to understand for you.

"and a whole lot more wouldn't kill on sight if there wasn't such a high chance of other players killing them on sight"

Quite clearly speaking for the rest of the community as a whole...as lets be realistic ...you do not know this.

Also you say you "know" this based on conversations with people you've played with etc....well the same could be said for dgeesio ...hes played/talked with many people ingame ...on many forums and outside of dayz so he also "knows" then doesn't he.

I'm not sure if English is your first language, so I won't be too critical but, 'and a whole lot more' does not in any way imply the rest of the community. Drop it.

The difference remains that dgeesio was trying to speak for the entire community ('first thoughts of anyone in game is...'), whereas I was only voicing the opinion of a large part of the large part of the community that I've spoken to.

Gear destruction will not dissuade anybody. Maybe 0.000000001% of players.

How can you conclude so?

'A lot of people...'

busiest server in dayz is ......DUN DUN DAHHHHHH ! GITS KOS server :lol:

KOS is as much of DayZ as anything else that matters ! im no voice for anyone ! only my opinion ;)

would the tie wrapping mechanic of been added if the devs wernt playing the game which it came from ? PAYDAY ? . its been added to try and curb a KOS mentaility.

Mentality - The characteristic attitude of mind or way of thinking of a person or group .

that is not a game mechanic ! and i came here for " The capacity for intelligent thought " :lol: .

KOS roundabout, spinning freely like a drunk cider foam laden tramp, doing wheelies on a bmx cant replicate my freestyle , bruv ! what u on about ? :o