Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

No, I don't think so and many other people (2504 to be exact) have the same opinion. I don't think they need my guidance. You are takting about dictatory, but we have polls. This is actually democracy, everyone who does not bother to vote does not give a f*ck about it. So what? Now, how does it work in democracy? The people who vote, vote. That's it. The results are then used to do whatever the majority which voted wants.

So get the hell out with your "majority" of players, because the majority of the voters, and that is what counts (this is the case in democracy, too), does not want third person.

Settle down, please. As by your own admission these polls don't represent all of the players then they are of limited use, this is in no way like a political election where the whole population is encouraged to vote and polling is advertised, it is a few player created polls on a few forums which a very small percentage of the playerbase frequents. Do not assume they are accurate simply because they are polls, an intelligent man would know this. Besides this, I would be very suprised if all the players, even ones who voted are up to speed on all the available options here. They would have to have read through an 80 page thread on this forum for starters.

You are right though, players don't need your guidance.

Settle down, please. As by your own admission these polls don't represent all of the players then they are of limited use, this is in no way like a political election where the whole population is encouraged to vote and polling is advertised, it is a few player created polls on a few forums which a very small percentage of the playerbase frequents. Do not assume they are accurate simply because they are polls, an intelligent man would know this. Besides this, I would be very suprised if all the players, even ones who voted are up to speed on all the available options here. They would have to have read through an 80 page thread on this forum for starters.

You are right though, players don't need your guidance.

You got me wrong again. I was not talking about political "democracy", actually that is no real democracy. No, here is how it works:

People vote, the thing which got the most votes is rule. Simple.

But, here is the important part, so read careful I will not write this again.

We are the community, I don't give a single f*ck about the million other players. We are the ones who made DayZ to what it is today. We have earned our right to vote, we have earned the right to be heard out. We are not just some hardcore fans, without us this game would simply not exist.

Who do you think makes the advertisment? Who do you think gives the feedback? Who do you think Dean is developing this game for?

If it was for those 12 years old kids, having no idea about the real DayZ, there would be no DayZ Standalone with any survival aspects. Why should Dean make the weapons and the ammo rare? Why would he make the game harder to survive? Why would he do that if the huge majority of the players actually plays on servers with 10.000 cars, 500 helis and AS50s in every single building? Tell me, why would he do that?

I don't care if you believe it and I don't care if you can understand that, but Dean is truly making this game for us, for the hardcore gamers. If he were not doing it for us, the game would look completly different. That is not just some theory or some market strategy of Dean, it is simply the truth. If Dean was about to make money with this game, he would have had a PR guy a long time ago. He would have never made the game into a hardcore survival game. He would have never taken the options to control the loot as admins. He would have never argued with some totally "irrelevent" people on reddit.

Dean Rocket Hall is one of the few developers out there who is strictly following his vision and his fans. He is talking to his fans. He climbed mount everest risking his life. He joined the army.

You know what you call such a person? Idealist. I know it may sound weird to you, but there are people out in the world who have other things in mind than money, houses and big cars. People who find their sense in life in other things. Like climbing on the biggest mountain on earth. Like risking your life in combat for your comerades and for the people. Like creating something you just want to create. These people don't give a single f*ck about PR or good marketing. These people actually are one of the few people on this earth who understand that it is not important how rich a human is or how many people know you. The real value of a human lies in his acts. What a human does in his life, that is what defines him. That is the true value of life. The things you do are in the end the things which will define you as a human.

I am 100% positive that Dean Rocket Hall is on of these people. And if you are a materialist, and believe me sadly the majority of the humanity is like that, you will probably never understand that. I don't want to insult you and I think it is totally ok to be a materialist, because the human is made like that. But really, if you don't get what I just wrote you probably have to face that you are one of them.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 2

Would you then love more if ArmA 3-ish FPV wud be implemented? Most aspects of FPV being weird in ArmA 2 have been ultimately improved there.

The question is the exact one as in the forums. Just because some people love to compare stuffs with here and others cus forums would not represent the community (mah ass)

I haven't played Arma 3, so I'm not sure.

I'm a bit confused as to what you were saying in that last part.

Hell no

the only way i would consider 1st person only would be if they removed the shaky camera. i get headaches when the camera shakes like that. i wish it could be more like a unreal tournament kind of camera.

shaky camera makes the game unplayable for me.

Hell no

the only way i would consider 1st person only would be if they removed the shaky camera. i get headaches when the camera shakes like that. i wish it could be more like a unreal tournament kind of camera.

shaky camera makes the game unplayable for me.

Yeah, I don't see the point of the shaky cam. Games (at the moment) can't properly simulate the vestibular sense (knowing where you're moving, how much you're moving, and how to have postural balance) and the kinesthetic sense (knowing where your body parts are). This is why shaky cameras are disorienting in both movies and videogames. This is also why these forms of entertainment -- despite their attempt at realism -- do not accurately portray how a real individual would perceive his environment.

You got me wrong again. I was not talking about political "democracy", actually that is no real democracy. No, here is how it works:

People vote, the thing which got the most votes is rule. Simple.

But, here is the important part, so read careful I will not write this again.

We are the community, I don't give a single f*ck about the million other players. We are the ones who made DayZ to what it is today. We have earned our right to vote, we have earned the right to be heard out. We are not just some hardcore fans, without us this game would simply not exist.

Who do you think makes the advertisment? Who do you think gives the feedback? Who do you think Dean is developing this game for?

If it was for those 12 years old kids, having no idea about the real DayZ, there would be no DayZ Standalone with any survival aspects. Why should Dean make the weapons and the ammo rare? Why would he make the game harder to survive? Why would he do that if the huge majority of the players actually plays on servers with 10.000 cars, 500 helis and AS50s in every single building? Tell me, why would he do that?

I don't care if you believe it and I don't care if you can understand that, but Dean is truly making this game for us, for the hardcore gamers. If he were not doing it for us, the game would look completly different. That is not just some theory or some market strategy of Dean, it is simply the truth. If Dean was about to make money with this game, he would have had a PR guy a long time ago. He would have never made the game into a hardcore survival game. He would have never taken the options to control the loot as admins. He would have never argued with some totally "irrelevent" people on reddit.

Dean Rocket Hall is one of the few developers out there who is strictly following his vision and his fans. He is talking to his fans. He climbed mount everest risking his life. He joined the army.

You know what you call such a person? Idealist. I know it may sound weird to you, but there are people out in the world who have other things in mind than money, houses and big cars. People who find their sense in life in other things. Like climbing on the biggest mountain on earth. Like risking your life in combat for your comerades and for the people. Like creating something you just want to create. These people don't give a single f*ck about PR or good marketing. These people actually are one of the few people on this earth who understand that it is not important how rich a human is or how many people know you. The real value of a human lies in his acts. What a human does in his life, that is what defines him. That is the true value of life. The things you do are in the end the things which will define you as a human.

I am 100% positive that Dean Rocket Hall is on of these people. And if you are a materialist, and believe me sadly the majority of the humanity is like that, you will probably never understand that. I don't want to insult you and I think it is totally ok to be a materialist, because the human is made like that. But really, if you don't get what I just wrote you probably have to face that you are one of them.

This is the last post I'm making about this then as I'm becoming bored of another circular argument which can never be resolved, so now try to understand me.

I'm not a 'materialist' :) Likewise I don't delude myself that I'm having a life changing experience whilst I play a video game. It is just that, after all, a video game. It's very immersive and grabs onto you sometimes but ultimately it's something people do for fun, not to try and prove something. When you get old enough in life you realise that games can't replicate the intense feelings of your actions in the real world. I'm aware of Rocket's personal triumphs and his attachment to DayZ, much respect to him but at the end of the day I'm sure he'd agree that he wants to make something that people can enjoy.

Your standpoint is that only the people who voted on these polls should be considered during its creation and to a degree that is how it is, ideas which are born on the forum sometimes make it into the game. But that doesn't mean we on here are the only people who matter and all those other players, the vast majority, should be ignored. They may not make their voice known but they vote with their feet so they must be considered.

Ultimately I'm sure everyone would be perfectly happy with an unexploitable third person view which they could viably ignore and use first person if they wanted instead, with no impact to them. Yes it's more work than cutting out TPV altogether, but as you agree I think, Rocket and his team are not the type to take the easy route or cut corners. They want the best for the game and the playerbase and no amount of polls will change that. Of course if he decides TPV is a lost cause and cuts it out then so be it and good on him, but at least he tried to fix it, that's the important bit.

Edited by Jamz
  • Like 1

This is the last post I'm making about this then as I'm becoming bored of another circular argument which can never be resolved, so now try to understand me.

I'm not a 'materialist' :) Likewise I don't delude myself that I'm having a life changing experience whilst I play a video game. It is just that, after all, a video game. It's very immersive and grabs onto you sometimes but ultimately it's something people do for fun, not to try and prove something. When you get old enough in life you realise that games can't replicate the intense feelings of your actions in the real world. I'm aware of Rocket's personal triumphs and his attachment to DayZ, much respect to him but at the end of the day I'm sure he'd agree that he wants to make something that people can enjoy.

Your standpoint is that only the people who voted on these polls should be considered during its creation and to a degree that is how it is, ideas which are born on the forum sometimes make it into the game. But that doesn't mean we on here are the only people who matter and all those other players, the vast majority, should be ignored. They may not make their voice known but they vote with their feet so they must be considered.

Ultimately I'm sure everyone would be perfectly happy with an unexploitable third person view which they could viably ignore and use first person if they wanted instead, with no impact to them. Yes it's more work than cutting out TPV altogether, but as you agree I think, Rocket and his team are not the type to take the easy route or cut corners. They want the best for the game and the playerbase and no amount of polls will change that. Of course if he decides TPV is a lost cause and cuts it out then so be it and good on him, but at least he tried to fix it, that's the important bit.

When did I say I would try to prove something with videogames? I was strictly talking about Dean Rocket Hall and his passions. And you are wrong again, Dean Rocket Hall is not making this game to feed the casual gamers, like I said he is doing that for the hardcore gamers. If he didn't, holy sh*t are you even reading what I write, if he didn't he would make the game simply into a deathmatch, because that is what most people enjoy. That is simply a fact, no matter what you have to say or what you weird theories are.

The vast majority should never be ignored, but if the vast majority does not say anything, they have no right to interrupt our polls. Like I said, we are here, we give the feedback, we have the right to vote. If a casual gamer wants to vote he can do that anytime. But he isn't, he does not care about it, so what the hell is your problem? He is not voting, so obviously he does not care about it. But we do care about the game, we want it to be good and just because some people who don't vote (and you don't even know their opinion about this matter, because FPS are obviously always casual pro) what we say is worthless? We know what is best for the game, I am sorry for you but like I said the hardcore gamers made the game, and we will be the people who give the feedback in the standalone, not the casual gamer who don't give a flying f*ck about it.

And again, unexploitable third person view? There is simply no unexploitable third person view because you always are able to see behing a corner, and this is where 90% of the exploits are going on. Try to fix what you cannot fix, like I said there is no f*cking way to fix it. There just isn't.

When did I say I would try to prove something with videogames? I was strictly talking about Dean Rocket Hall and his passions. And you are wrong again, Dean Rocket Hall is not making this game to feed the casual gamers, like I said he is doing that for the hardcore gamers. If he didn't, holy sh*t are you even reading what I write, if he didn't he would make the game simply into a deathmatch, because that is what most people enjoy. That is simply a fact, no matter what you have to say or what you weird theories are.

The vast majority should never be ignored, but if the vast majority does not say anything, they have no right to interrupt our polls. Like I said, we are here, we give the feedback, we have the right to vote. If a casual gamer wants to vote he can do that anytime. But he isn't, he does not care about it, so what the hell is your problem? He is not voting, so obviously he does not care about it. But we do care about the game, we want it to be good and just because some people who don't vote (and you don't even know their opinion about this matter, because FPS are obviously always casual pro) what we say is worthless? We know what is best for the game, I am sorry for you but like I said the hardcore gamers made the game, and we will be the people who give the feedback in the standalone, not the casual gamer who don't give a flying f*ck about it.

And again, unexploitable third person view? There is simply no unexploitable third person view because you always are able to see behing a corner, and this is where 90% of the exploits are going on. Try to fix what you cannot fix, like I said there is no f*cking way to fix it. There just isn't.

you are stubborn and deliberately trying not to see things from any other perspective than your own, coninually claiming that I am 'wrong' without actually offering any ideas on specific problems and how to fix them. Your last line sums you up in terms of this discussion, and I can't have a discussion with you because of it. Sorry.

you are stubborn and deliberately trying not to see things from any other perspective than your own, coninually claiming that I am 'wrong' without actually offering any ideas on specific problems and how to fix them. Your last line sums you up in terms of this discussion, and I can't have a discussion with you because of it. Sorry.

Calling me stubborn and deliberately when losing a debate, that is sad.

Calling me stubborn and deliberately when losing a debate, that is sad.

That doesn't make sense. And there is nothing to be lost here, it is a discussion, one in which you are not taking part in.

That doesn't make sense. And there is nothing to be lost here, it is a discussion, one in which you are not taking part in.

Sure mate. Like I said, that is just sad.

Sure mate. Like I said, that is just sad.

:)

I think Dean is building the game in his vision, making the game what he wants. But im sure he is smart enough to gear it towards vast majority just enough so the game is fun for everyone. This is REALLY important for support and for the future years of Standalone. When you get lots of players you get lots of money and when you get lots of money you get more opportunities and freedom to make the game even better. If Dean is makeing this game ONLY for this hardcore community he is really really stupid and i dont think this is the case here. He sure is listening this community to some point. We are his free alpha/beta testers.

Back to topic. After all this i think we can agree that when there is option for 1st person and 3rd person it serves all. Its a good compromise. There will be 1st person only servers in standalone. The rest is up to you to populate them. Can we at least agree on this? Or can someone explain why this is not good for the game and its future?

Edited by aeinola

I think Dean is building the game in his vision, making the game what he wants. But im sure he is smart enough to gear it towards vast majority just enough so the game is fun for everyone. This is REALLY important for support and for the future years of Standalone. When you get lots of players you get lots of money and when you get lots of money you get more opportunities and freedom to make the game even better. If Dean is makeing this game ONLY for this hardcore community he is really really stupid and i dont think this is the case here. He sure is listening this community to some point. We are his free alpha/beta testers.

Back to topic. After all this i think we can agree that when there is option for 1st person and 3rd person it serves all. Its a good compromise. There will be 1st person only servers in standalone. The rest is up to you to populate them. Can we at least agree on this? Or can someone explain why this is not good for the game and its future?

You are talking like first person would destroy the whole game expirience. But I think that even casual gamers will enjoy it way more with good FPV, they just don't know it yet.

And you would have to have 2 seperate hives, because switching from a third person server into a first person would be kind of cheating. In third person you are able to get good weapons way easier than in first person.

Edited by Wayze

I vote for YES, on the condition that it feels fluid and not the way it does not, stupid shit like banging you gun barrel on walls, and other dumb things like being blocked by a door because your left foot is catching on the edge, stuff like that is so stupid its unreal, a human would automatically and without thinking adjust and pass the object, this is something that players should not even be aware of in a game.

keep it fluid. and you have my yes vote. make it a glitchy buggy catching on everything mess and I wont want to play.

You are talking like first person would destroy the whole game expirience. But I think that even casual gamers will enjoy it way more with good FPV, they just don't know it yet.

And you would have to have 2 seperate hives, because switching from a third person server into a first person would be kind of cheating. In third person you are able to get good weapons way easier than in first person.

1st person is not destroying the game. I want 1st person to be in the game. And you are talking like you know what all people want or what they enjoy. You have to understand thet people are different. This is where you are lost in my opininon. Just because YOU enjoy 1st person more does not mean that all the gamers do.

Whats wrong with two hives? If this thing is dividing players so dramatically maybe the two hives is the best way to go, it might be really good for the game.

You did not obviously agree on my point in the earlier post so i would like to hear your opinion on what should be done otherwise. And please dont say "force all players play 1st person only". You should now by now its not the right way to go. Actually you said it your self. I think the best solution is two different hives, one for 1st person only and one for 3rd person on. This is kind of two different Standalones, one for each "camp". everyone wins! Right?

1st person is not destroying the game. I want 1st person to be in the game. And you are talking like you know what all people want or what they enjoy.

I don't know, maybe you are not able to read, but I never said that. There are polls about this matter, which represent the harcore community which is the main sellpoint for this game. There is nothing else to talk about.

Nothing is wrong with two hives, but I really don't think that Dean would pay for two big servers.

Edited by Wayze

I don't know, maybe you are not able to read, but I never said that. There are polls about this matter, which represent the harcore community which is the main sellpoint for this game. There is nothing else to talk about.

Nothing is wrong with two hives, but I really don't think that Dean would pay for two big servers.

You are constantly saying all players should play 1st person, all the time you repeat this in different fashion. I have a question for you: Do YOU want Standalone to be 1st person only or do YOU want there to be option for it (1st person only and 3rd person on servers, both)?

And what the hell are you talking about "two big servers?". He could divide the server capacity with these two hives, or do you think he got one supercomputer to do server hosting? :D LOL

You are constantly saying all players should play 1st person, all the time you repeat this in different fashion. I have a question for you: Do YOU want Standalone to be 1st person only or do YOU want there to be option for it (1st person only and 3rd person on servers, both)?

And what the hell are you talking about "two big servers?". He could divide the server capacity with these two hives, or do you think he got one supercomputer to do server hosting? :D LOL

I repeat myself over and over again. We have the option in the mod, but do you see any first person servers that are full? There are none. I don't know why that is and you don't know either. But we all know that almost 3000 people want the third person to be gone. It is the majority of the community (and you need to be in the community to be a part of it, not just playing the game) which wants third person to be gone.

They don't want a option for third person, because they know it will end like it did in the mod.

What the hell I am talking about? The main server which is controlling the loot for all the servers and which is saving all the characters on it. If there were third and first person server there would have to be 2 of these main servers, one for the third person server and the other for the first person servers. I am not sure if that works well with one server, but anyway that would be probably not as easy as you think. And I really don't think that Dean wants to part the players into two different fractions.

:D  LOL (I feel so childish after that)

There are problems with 1st person only in DayZ:

• Can't see what you're wearing (why have a wide variety of clothing items if you can't see them?)
  • No vestibular sense
  • No kinesthetic sense

3rd person fixes or at least alleviates all of these problems. I'm not saying 3rd person doesn't have its own problems, but they aren't as apparent as the problems with the current 1st person mode.

You also need to realize that Dean should be trying to please his whole fan base rather than ostracize a few in order to please the others. I think the player should be given the option as to whether they want to play in 3rd person or 1st person. Also, the current 1st person view needs to be revamped.

• Like 2

This poll is kind of... unbalanced. It says 'if you will play DayZ if 1st person only', not 'Do you think Third person should be disabled in Dayz?', obviously, I will give my opinion on the matter, but this is not groundbreaking enough to where I will stop playing DayZ and I expect other people to feel the same.

• Like 2

What is the point in dressing anyway if I can't see my clothes?

Present computer games are not the Matrix, yes, but having a magic flying camera 4m away from your body is a really really dirty fix for that problem. And it causes major problems to the point where common infantry tactics are made invalid. In a military simulation with the original purpose of training soldiers! They should come up with something better.

This poll is kind of... unbalanced. It says 'if you will play DayZ if 1st person only', not 'Do you think Third person should be disabled in Dayz?', obviously, I will give my opinion on the matter, but this is not groundbreaking enough to where I will stop playing DayZ and I expect other people to feel the same.

Exactly.

• Like 1

There are problems with 1st person only in DayZ:

• Can't see what you're wearing (why have a wide variety of clothing items if you can't see them?)
  • No vestibular sense
  • No kinesthetic sense

3rd person fixes or at least alleviates all of these problems. I'm not saying 3rd person doesn't have its own problems, but they aren't as apparent as the problems with the current 1st person mode.

You also need to realize that Dean should be trying to please his whole fan base rather than ostracize a few in order to please the others. I think the player should be given the option as to whether they want to play in 3rd person or 1st person. Also, the current 1st person view needs to be revamped.

1. You are able to see your clothes in the inventory

2. You can see you clothes if you look down

3. If it is cold you need clothes

4. You need shoes

5. Clothes can give you special advantages

6. Just ask yourself, why do we wear clothes in real life?

Edited by Wayze