Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

Please go to this thread to discuss

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/145895-first-vs-third-person-discussion-dslyecxi-video/

and please keep this thread just for the poll :)

So if DayZ SA came with only 1st person and NO third person, would you still buy it? Would you want to miss out on one of the greatest games this century (let alone decade) just because 3rd person was disabled?

Did I screw this poll up - it's my first one here - should I make a poll about screwing up my first poll? No they are not in the poll here, should I make a poll about including....

• Like 1

I think SA will be better without third person, it will give a more real life scenario to the game and you wont have people using 3rd person to look around corners and such.

• Like 9

Ah, this thread debate again. Groundhog day ftw.

• Like 1

So long as they fix the Head-bobbing so that I don't get motion-sick I'm all in...  The head-bobbing is just a little too much for me when running long distances.

• Like 2

So long as they fix the Head-bobbing so that I don't get motion-sick I'm all in...  The head-bobbing is just a little too much for me when running long distances.

You can turn it off. In the settings.
  • Like 4

You mean the head bob that you can disable in the options menu in ArmA 2? u,u

• Like 7

How have I played this game for a year without knowing that... SonufaBeach...  I think I always just assumed that it wasn't something you could disable...

Cheers

• Like 5

You mean the head bob that you can disable in the options menu in ArmA 2? u,u

still looks absolutely terrible when running 1st person head bobbing or not, I feel sorry for the ones with motion sickness.

There needs to be more vote options:

I would play it if there was only 1st person but I wouldn't like it.

Vice versa

Vice versa

This!

I prefer 3rd person but would play if its only 1st preson.

• Like 1

Vice versa

You would play DayZ on first person only. That's all that matters. No additional options needed.

Vice versa

Exactly my choice. And as you can see in the numbers of players on 1st person only servers, the majority of people thinks that way.

You would play DayZ on first person only. That's all that matters. No additional options needed.

If half of the posts in a thread tell another story, you might possibly be wrong.

• Like 2

If half of the posts in a thread tell another story, you might possibly be wrong.

No. The question is if you would play DayZ SA if there would only be 1st person mode. This is a YES or NO question. No other options needed.

The question is not what you would prefer. Would you play? Yes or No. Period.

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't like having to choose yes or no, as I'm kind of in a grey area myself... But in retrospect I like that it's a flat out "yes" or "no" question.  It's showing me that despite that fact that most of us use 3rd person and are somewhat opposed to first person only, it wouldn't stop us from buying the game and trying it out.

• Like 4

There's been so many of these first person/third person threads that I literally could give zero fucks anymore.

• Like 4

No. The question is if you would play DayZ SA if there would only be 1st person mode. This is a YES or NO question. No other options needed.

The question is not what you would prefer. Would you play? Yes or No. Period.

If there is room for improvement people can and will express it. Its not north korea, its the internet. Jebus.

Edited by okami

If there is room for improvement people can and will express it. Its not north korea, its the internet. Jebus.

You can express whatever you want, in the linked thread for example, but this poll is phrased as a YES or NO question. And the question was if you would actually play SA if it would be 1st person only and not what you would prefer. So this poll does not lack any options. There's YES and NO.
  • Like 2

ok people, go back up and re-read my OP.

this is not a thread for discussion, I already posted the link so you could add to that.

There don't need to be more options - it's a simple yes or no question. Would you still play the game without 3rd person and it seems already 5 times the number say they will - which of course you will - why would you want to miss out on it? It's really a no brainer but was required to prove a point that the lack of 3rd person will seriously harm sales in any way at all.

Thanks for voting, keep them coming it! :)

I'd still play it.  I'd miss 3rd person but it wouldn't stop me from playing SA.

• Like 2

A similar poll on reddit. The results of that and the one on the forums go similar right now.

I love you soulhunter :D

you are master of poll comparison B)

• Like 1

sure i would, but i don't mind 1st or 3rd really..not so much changes in terms of immersion or gameplay, i enjoy both..i'd like to see the exploits of 3rd go away though