Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

That's why disabling is an option for private server admins. The choice is there, people just don't choose to disable it often. Sure it would be fun, for awhile. I get where you are coming from but it's just hard to recreate a true field of view on a pc screen. So 3rd person still has my vote

• Like 1

-snip-

You've missed the point of the poll.

The aim was to see if there was any truth in the claims that forcing FPV only would greatly effect sales of the standalone.

I do agree that the poll is flawed however as it relies on the voters honesty,

Any TPV fans voting that they would still buy the game are just shooting themselves in the foot and so no doubt some will vote for option 2 to back their preference.

What i have read from other people posts the biggest problem is group of friends that prefer different views. With 3rd person enabled servers you can play both but 1st person view is in disadvantage on these servers. That really sucks. I prefer 3rd person and i do exploit the views because everyone else is doing it too. But the solution for this problem is not to release SA without 3rd person, that would be HUGE mistake!

An unbiased poll would sound like:

What do you prefer:

1: First person

2: Third person

THAT would tell you what people prefer.

The question was not which you prefer. The question was, what if there was only FPV...would you still play SA? Yes or No.

Where's the bias in that? The whole point was to find out if even the TPV lovers would still play SA if it had no TPV no more. You can't formulate the question any better for that.

Btw, you can start your vote anytime. There's just not some point in it. No one doubts that the majority loves TPV. That's exactly the problem.

But the solution for this problem is not to release SA without 3rd person, that would be HUGE mistake!

And why would that be? The poll proved at least one thing. Most would put up with FPV only to play SA.

Why not just have first person servers and third person servers?

I play this game in a mixture of first and third, dont limit the players choices to the ones you prefer.

Anarchy.

The question was not which you prefer. The question was, what if there was only FPV...would you still play SA? Yes or No.

Where's the bias in that? The whole point was to find out if even the TPV lovers would still play SA if it had no TPV no more. You can't formulate the question any better for that.

Btw, you can start your vote anytime. There's just not some point in it. No one doubts that the majority loves TPV. That's exactly the problem.

I am well aware about what the question was, however, both the poll and the comments in favor of the poll, clearly shows that people are trying to use this as an excuse that DayZ standalone should be FPV only.

You mention that its a problem that people like TPV.

Why is that, when you can play FPV servers yourself, so it would not effect you?

Why is "choice" an issue?

The current state of the mod is proof why.

The current state of the mod is proof why.

Please explain that statement.

And again, if you play a FPV server yourself, please also explain why it effects you?

Why cant I have my own oppinion and play whatever i prefer according to you?

Im not trying to argue about wheter or not TPV could use a fix, im arguing that it shouldnt be removed.

• Like 2

It affects me because Team Rocket will be forced to design the game to work with a third person perspective while I believe first person is a better fit.

And the point of my statement is that if DayZ were to follow popular opinion the SA would have traders, safe zones, choice of spawn, too much loot and so on. Private hives saved and ruined the mod at the same time in my opinion.

I never said you or anyone else aren't allowed your opinion though. I'm just arguing my side.

• Like 1

I am well aware about what the question was, however, both the poll and the comments in favor of the poll, clearly shows that people are trying to use this as an excuse that DayZ standalone should be FPV only.

You mention that its a problem that people like TPV.

Why is that, when you can play FPV servers yourself, so it would not effect you?

1. Not an excuse. An incentive for Rocket to try SA as FPV only game.

2. As explained many times before, TPV seems to have some sort of black hole like gravity which leads to very few FPV only servers. Plus other reasons.

The sole existence of TPV in DayZ led imo to the steep road of lame where everybody walks with pride not even realizing what effects this arcadifying has on gameplay. It takes the sim out of everything and therefore should be a crutch for beginners only to drop as soon as fit for it.

It affects me because Team Rocket will be forced to design the game to work with a third person perspective while I believe first person is a better fit.

And the point of my statement is that if DayZ were to follow popular opinion the SA would have traders, safe zones, choice of spawn, too much loot and so on. Private hives saved and ruined the mod at the same time in my opinion.

I never said you or anyone else aren't allowed your opinion though. I'm just arguing my side.

1: I understand. However, this will not cause you to lose your FPV perspective servers. But i understand what you mean.

2: I dont quite agree with you on this one. Yes, there has been alot of rather silly suggestions, but most of them where hammered down quite fast.

Also, looking at the different mods popularity, it would seem that the more "hardcore" mods (not FPV vs TPV here) are more popular. DayZero as an example.

1. Not an excuse. An incentive for Rocket to try SA as FPV only game.

2. As explained many times before, TPV seems to have some sort of black hole like gravity which leads to very few FPV only servers. Plus other reasons.

The sole existence of TPV in DayZ led imo to the steep road of lame where everybody walks with pride not even realizing what effects this arcadifying has on gameplay. It takes the sim out of everything and therefore should be a crutch for beginners only to drop as soon as fit for it.

1: Rocket already would have dumped TPV if he could, but said that it might not be something he could do since you cant see if you get shot in the back in FPV etc. There where some more issue with this, so in this regard the poll is rather irrelevant. Anyway.

2: Yes, and this exactly seems to be the core of the issue doesnt it? Low populated FPV servers? And again, dont you think its because people prefer TPV servers more?

And if thats the case, then i think that the argument about removing TPV is a rather pathetic try to force people to play a way the minority wants to, just to fill up empty servers.

• Like 1

And if thats the case, then i think that the argument about removing TPV is a rather pathetic try to force people to play a way the minority wants to, just to fill up empty servers.

This is what i cant understand. The minority trys to force everyone to play their way. Just ridiculous. And all they have to say to defend their case is these stupid polls. And how the polls tell the truth about ALL players out there. Just kind of dumb.

And why would that be? The poll proved at least one thing. Most would put up with FPV only to play SA.

The poll proved that most of the minority of ALL players...

And lots of these "i would buy and play SA even if its 1st person only" voters are not happy with this choice.

Hi folks

Pls stop creating craploads of threads about same thing.

Rgrds

Frytek

1: I understand. However, this will not cause you to lose your FPV perspective servers. But i understand what you mean.

2: I dont quite agree with you on this one. Yes, there has been alot of rather silly suggestions, but most of them where hammered down quite fast.

Also, looking at the different mods popularity, it would seem that the more "hardcore" mods (not FPV vs TPV here) are more popular. DayZero as an example.

1: Rocket already would have dumped TPV if he could, but said that it might not be something he could do since you cant see if you get shot in the back in FPV etc. There where some more issue with this, so in this regard the poll is rather irrelevant. Anyway.

2: Yes, and this exactly seems to be the core of the issue doesnt it? Low populated FPV servers? And again, dont you think its because people prefer TPV servers more?

There's no FPV servers to lose. There are "none". (few, unpopulated)

Popularity is nothing I care about. Shit tastes awesome! 20 Billion flies can't be wrong.

I think it is much easier to come up with ways to improve 1st person, which make the need for 3rd person, if there really is any, vanish. This has to be done anyway because, believe it or not, 1st person view is the core of this game.

And that's another point of the FPV crowd: don't waste time on trying to fix the unfixable and rather spend it on improving 1st person view.

And it's not just to impose will on others. It's about making overall gameplay better respectively making the players better players. If they want it or not.

If you allow something in any sort of game that gives an advantage or just comfort, people will use that. At least some. Then more, because nobody wants to be in a disadvantage when it's competitive. If that causes unfair, boring or otherwise unattractive gameplay one thing will happen: the rules will be changed so the game will stay interesting, entertaining and fair. That's how most rules for common sports have been developed. And that's what we trying here. Develop a rule for better playing DayZ.

The poll proved that most of the minority of ALL players...

And lots of these "i would buy and play SA even if its 1st person only" voters are not happy with this choice.

The question was not about happiness. Somebody proclaimed if SA would have disabled TPV many players wouldn't buy it. That will most likely not be the case. People would still sell organs to be able to play it. A lot of motion sickness problems would suddenly be gone to I guess...

Hi folks

Pls stop creating craploads of threads about same thing.

Rgrds

Frytek

Indeed.

I'm locking this as it it's gone off-topic and ended up parallel to the other 1DP vs. 3DP topic.

Please use the First vs Third Person Discussion topic instead...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/145895-first-vs-third-person-discussion-dslyecxi-video/

• Like 1