Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

Both poles are skewed because they have been placed in areas heavily frequented by 1st person view/game players , the only way to get a fair comparison is to poll the player base as a whole .

The only surprise I see with this poll is that the the No answer is as big as it is for this site .

cheers

I don't believe the "no's" on my poll and actually think people are just saying that but if the game actually shipped 1st person only, they would buy it (wouldn't it be stupid not to?)

Perhaps not lazy no, but I definitely think that many players dislike being outside of their comfort zone. I get this sometimes to after a particurarly suspenseful encounter, where I just want to log out and stare at kittens for a while. Maybe it's just that some us accept that DayZ isn't supposed to be "enjoyed" the same way as other games while others label it as a video game and want it to work like every other game? I don't know, pure speculation.

This combined with the fact that servers by default have TPV on and not the other way around explains why so many players still populate TPV servers, methinks.

(Also, the custom servers with "epic loadouts" and lots of weapons and vehicles kinda suggest that the average player is, in fact, lazy. :) )

Yes weird how this mod started and what it's become now, like the ridiculous servers you mention. I play on ATF Panthera as it's the most popular - 3rd person - stupid amount of gear spawns and vehicels  - is it DayZ - not at all - it's not even remotely like DayZ. It's a pvp fest and it's fun, but I don't feel like I'm playing DayZ compared to Day Zero.

If the supporters of 3rd person are also playing the majority of servers like the one I mentioned, then I can see the problem.

Rocket needs to make a decision on how he wants his game and the vision of it to be remembered years from now. I hope he doesn't throw out what he wants for a few extra sales or because he wants to pander to the community. His stance has always been "it's a tough game, deal with it" and if he wants to add in such a complex survival game but then give players the "option" of 3rd person - he ruins the entire game in one fell swoop. I'm in an apocalypse! Oh easy mode 3rd person FTW :)

Never did that. More than 50% of the hardcare community does not want third person, so the hardcore fans do not want third person. Simple.

Invalid statement. Majority does not mean "hardcore". Also, you're ignoring the other 50% who like TPV. They matter just as much.

Invalid statement. Majority does not mean "hardcore". Also, you're ignoring the other 50% who like TPV. They matter just as much.

Majority does not man "hardcore"? You don't say. You should read carefully, I wrote more than 50% of the hardcore gamers. I am not ignoring 50% of the hardcore fans who like TPV, because there are no 50%.

Go check the polls.

I would play SA if it was 1st person only, but the 1st person mode available now is quite mediocre. The head-bobbing and low fov are my two main gripes. And no, even if you completely disable head-bobbing in the menu you WILL still get some head motion (especially when doing an action).

I didn't vote in the poll because it seems like its trying to get support for a 1st person mode. Maybe it was the phrasing of the question...

The question was a simple yes or no, there's no weighted phrasing of the question which was

Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

I'm really not sure how that is trying to get support for 1st person mode. How else would one ask it - all I'm interested in is if the game shipped with first person only, would people still get it.

The head bobbing can be turned off (to a point if ur still complaining about it, you'll complain about everything - it really is barely noticeable)- there is no extra bobbing in action, that's your imagination. FOV - press NUMPAD - (double tap it to keep it there) ta daa - instant FOV increase.

There's a ton of people on these forums that complain of things not realizing the thing they complain about is fixable in the game.

Why no FOV slider - probably to do with weapon sights. You change the FOV and it puts the sights out, at least Frankie says so in his vids (you can also set the .ini file to a custom FOV if you want)

Rocket needs to make a decision on how he wants his game and the vision of it to be remembered years from now. I hope he doesn't throw out what he wants for a few extra sales or because he wants to pander to the community. His stance has always been "it's a tough game, deal with it" and if he wants to add in such a complex survival game but then give players the "option" of 3rd person - he ruins the entire game in one fell swoop. I'm in an apocalypse! Oh easy mode 3rd person FTW :)

There is lots of games with different difficulty levels, why not in Standalone? Like i said so many times before, there will be 1st person servers and there will be servers with 3rd person on. Everyone can choose where to play and everyone wins. If players decide to go with "easy" thats the way they want to play, end of story. It would be stupid not to include 3rd person in Standalone, really really stupid. There are lots of potential players who will want to play Standalone and dont want it to be too hardcore. I cant belive you guys wont understand this? These players may have never heard of DayZ but they will eventually. So many potential players out there who will not buy the game if its too hardcore. I really hope you all understand this. And there is no problem with the views because you can play on 1st person only servers if you want.

I'm really not sure how that is trying to get support for 1st person mode. How else would one ask it - all I'm interested in is if the game shipped with first person only, would people still get it.

And by people you mean the small amount of players who actually vote on these polls. There should be study of how much DayZ has players at the moment and how much potential players Standalone has. With this number you can calculate how little percent of players are voting on these polls. Im 100% sure whatever this community does, suggest or complain about the views there will be 3rd person view in the game anyway and here is the reason: money. End of story.

Edited by aeinola

Well, polls work that way. You ask some people and project the outcome.

I wish they would use the opportunity the release of SA will give to force people in (a hopefully improved) FPV just to make players see some light.

Well, polls work that way. You ask some people and project the outcome.

I wish they would use the opportunity the release of SA will give to force people in (a hopefully improved) FPV just to make players see some light.

So if i ask a question, 1000 people answers, the result is accurate enough for 100 000 peoples opinion? I hope Dean is not that stupid.

Majority does not man "hardcore"? You don't say. You should read carefully, I wrote more than 50% of the hardcore gamers. I am not ignoring 50% of the hardcore fans who like TPV, because there are no 50%.

Go check the polls.

Sigh.

Your premise - more than 50% of the hardcore community does not want third person

Your conclusion - therefore, the hardcore fans do not want third person

False.

The proper conclusion would be "therefore, half of the hardcore fans want third person while the the other half wants first person"

And you say there is no 50% of people who like TPV, when you just said that over 50% want FPV. That makes me assume by the poll results you told me that the FPV fans have a percentage over 50% but very close to it, while the TPV fans have a percentage under 50% but very close to it. That's how estimates work. For example, If I told you that over 60% of people who play games are casual gamers, you would assume my estimate is near the number 60; not 50, 70, or anything beyond those numbers.

Even then, the poll results on a forum thread nowhere near represents the community as a whole, as is the case with any game.

Edited by LilBambi
  • Like 1

Sigh.

Your premise - more than 50% of the hardcore community does not want third person

False.

The proper conclusion would be "therefore, half of the hardcore fans want third person while the the other half wants first person"

And you say there is no 50% of people who like TPV, when you just said that over 50% want FPV. That makes me assume by the poll results you told me that the TPV fans have a percentage over 50% but very close to it, while the FPV fans have a percentage under 50% but very close to it. That's how estimates work. For example, If I told you that over 60% of people who play games are casual gamers, you would assume my estimate is near the number 60; not 50, 70, or anything beyond those numbers.

Even then, the poll results on a forum thread nowhere near represents the community as a whole, as is the case with any game.

You're forgetting about the "I don't give a shit about TPV vs FPV but use whichever is better" crowd. That crowd will always use TPV servers because they know TPV is better than FPV but don't bother to think any deeper about why that's the case. If TPV was gone they'd just use FPV and that'd be the end of it. 

Just like the crowd who fought back against the removal of starter weapons, we have a crowd who is fighting back against the removal of another crutch, third person. DayZ didn't die because starter weapons were removed, and neither will it when third person is.

• Like 1

Good attempt, but even if the poll came out with 90% saying yes, it wouldn't happen. It's just the way the SA is being made, they're trying to cater to every single person's needs. When games do that, they tend to turn out bad. It's sad to say, but I won't be buying DayZ SA for a while until I see what the server list is like. If it's just a ton of third person servers with very few first person only servers, I'm holding on to my dollars. Small things like First person only will not make people not want to buy the game, since third person is actually pretty uncommon in most major games. You usually only see third person in casual arcade-y games.

• Like 2

So if i ask a question, 1000 people answers, the result is accurate enough for 100 000 peoples opinion? I hope Dean is not that stupid.

Polls work exactly that way. Of course they aren't precise or we could spare actual voting in elections. But you ask a few and extrapolate to the many. Of course you can't ask a 1000 black folks if they think the president should be black because of bias but you can ask 1000 random people in different places and assume that the percentages are at least similar to a poll with much larger numbers.
  • Like 1

Sigh.

False.

And you say there is no 50% of people who like TPV, when you just said that over 50% want FPV. That makes me assume by the poll results you told me that the TPV fans have a percentage over 50% but very close to it, while the FPV fans have a percentage under 50% but very close to it. That's how estimates work. For example, If I told you that over 60% of people who play games are casual gamers, you would assume my estimate is near the number 60; not 50, 70, or anything beyond those numbers.

It is not 50% that do not want TPV, it is 60%. Holy sh*t just give up. People do not want third person, why is that so hard to understand?

And I repeat myself here, but there is no other community. We here, the DayZ Forum are the community. Just because you play a game it does not mean you are a mother*ucking member of a community. You need to be actually in the community, to be in the community. Jesus...

My f*cking god. There is a community and there are players. The main part of the community does not want third person. Zero f*cking sh*t is given about what the players want because they are not part of the community. If they have something to complain or if they want to change the game they can join the community. But if you are not a part of the community you have simply no right to f*cking effect the polls of this community.

What is your logic here god damit? How do you want to get feedback from the people? So, everything we in this forum say is for you simply motherf*cking pointless because we don't represent sh*t? So why do we even give feedback? For what? I mean we are not all the players right? Yes sure, why don't we just let the game be how the casual gamers want it to be. 99999 AS50, 200 helis and 50000 cars per server. If you want that then go and play f*cking call of duty or some other sh*t. We don't care, if you think our voice, the voice of the community, is meaningless than f*cking leave this community.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

See, in my mind, one of the merits of the forum/Reddit (and others) is the ability to communicate your preferences to the community, get feedback and act on it.

Finding likeminded folks (and servers to join) should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Who is looking for servers to play on in in message boards?

I don't want to wind anyone up, so I'll leave you to it.

But seeing this topic come up again... I'm starting to think you're all mental. :P

The topic will come up until it's answered.

There's an issue with present TPV. Devs acknowledged that. So there might be a chance to resolve the issue. If it's done well enough it won't come up again. The to each it's own approach obviously doesn't work that well or it wouldn't be an issue.

It is like faith in the free market. In theory free market solves anything to the best of all mankind. In reality things are different though. Stuff has to be regulated were the mechanics of free market don't work and for instance lead to a monopoly or whatever.

We don't care, if you think our voice, the voice of the community, is meaningless than f*cking leave this community.

If you look at the reality with dayz commander 90% of the servers are today 3dp on and all the players are there.

I do not know which "community" you keep talking about, but for sure it is not the existing dayz player base - even Rocket acknowledged that without 3dp on servers, SA will not take off.

But by all means, keep polling about 3dp off, while the world will keep playing 3dp on...  :D

Cheers,

_Anubis_

I do not know which "community" you keep talking about, but for sure it is not the existing dayz player base

That it exactly what I was trying to f*cking tell you.

You know what 90% of the server are too?

DayZChernarus | Max Vehicles | 20+ Helicopters | Costum Barracks | Increased Starting Loadout | [RECRUIT]

Now, what is your f*cking argument for that, huh?

Now, what is your f*cking argument for that, huh?

My argument is that you can't count. Where did you study basic math, in a dayz barn?

There are tons of 3dp on variations, that's why everbody is happy: vanilla, with or without starting gear, scripts on or off, regular or veteran. Plenty of choices for all tastes.

Personally I go on vanilla/no start gear/cross-hair off/no markers on map (make sniping far too easy) and self-blood-bag script if possible (I play lone wolf wandering North often).

You can play anywhere, but if you hate all the servers and all the players just create your own as you like, because whining and raging about everybody else being wrong because their opinion is different than yours will lead you nowhere.

_Anubis_

• Like 1

My argument is that you can't count. Where did you study basic math, in a dayz barn?

There are tons of 3dp on variations, that's why everbody is happy: vanilla, with or without starting gear, scripts on or off, regular or veteran. Plenty of choices for all tastes.

Personally I go on vanilla/no start gear/cross-hair off/no markers on map (make sniping far too easy) and self-blood-bag script if possible (I play lone wolf wandering North often).

You can play anywhere, but if you hate all the servers and all the players just create your own as you like, because whining and raging about everybody else being wrong because their opinion is different than yours will lead you nowhere.

_Anubis_

What the f*ck? Don't change the subject.

You were talking about 90% using third person, so it was "right" in your opinion. But 90% (probably like 99%) of the people are actually on servers like I described. Does that mean standalone should look like that?

Here you got the evidence:

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/untitled2os84nxwg6i.png

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/untitled183kobehl2j.png

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

What the f*ck? Don't change the subject.

You were talking about 90% using third person, so it was "right" in your opinion. But 90% (probably like 99%) of the people are actually on servers like I described. Does that mean standalone should look like that?

Here you got the evidence:

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/untitled2os84nxwg6i.png

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/untitled183kobehl2j.png

That list pretty much sums up everything I hate about the mod right now.  Roll on the SA....

The peeps playing on those servers are gonna be in for a bad time if they do buy the SA.  Their delicious salty tears will fuel me for months.

Edited by Fraggle

I did not vote. I would not prescribe how to play.
I prefer first person.

Rocket should think about two different hives, one for first-person, third-person to the other.

My problem is that I find myself playing third person to quickly get the basic things after a death.
Only at a private first person server I had the feeling that the equipment was worth something on the server, because I knew that all had collected it in the first person.

For me playing on a first-person-server is only worth the half when this server is connected to third-person hive also.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

When people can no longer discuss about things in a civil way is when I no longer care for the discussion.

• Like 1

When people can no longer discuss about things in a civil way is when I no longer care for the discussion.

Indeed. Can we keep it civil please, guys?

That list pretty much sums up everything I hate about the mod right now.  Roll on the SA....

The peeps playing on those servers are gonna be in for a bad time if they do buy the SA.  Their delicious salty tears will fuel me for months.

Yes and these people are probably all those guys who enjoy third person. Well, I think some of them are among us, right now. <_<