Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

That's it, I explained to you like 10 times now and others did, too. You just don't want to get it.

One more time please.

One more time please.

I keep it short. There are 2500 people who do not want third person. This is the majority of the community. These people do not play on first person server. The reason is totally irrelevent, they just want the third person to be gone so they are actually able to play first person.

Why people do not play on first person server? I have no idea, but it doesn't matter.

I keep it short. There are 2500 people who do not want third person. This is the majority of the community. These people do not play on first person server. The reason is totally irrelevent, they just want the third person to be gone so they are actually able to play first person.

Why people do not play on first person server? I have no idea, but it doesn't matter.

And this prevents YOU to play on 1st person servers? How? Or any other individual (from those 2500 people)? Like i said there is 1st person servers for you that are populated and there is no large amount of ammo/weapons or any other "easy for masses"-setup. You insist shouting how 2500 people wants to play in 1st person servers and in the same post you say you dont know why they wont play there. Kind of funny.

But seriously, do i need to guide one 1st person fan boy at a time to populated 1st person server or is this some sort of cult that none of you wont play unless all of you can magically play at the same time?

I ask again, how does 3rd person servers prevents one individual (who dont wnat to play on 3rd person servers) to play on 1st person servers? I still cant understand this. Are these people revolting against 3rd person and refuse to play on 1st person or what? Sounds like you guys are not very smart, no offence...

• Like 1

I ask again, how does 3rd person servers prevents one individual (who dont wnat to play on 3rd person servers) to play on 1st person servers?

My theory:

People tend to take the easy path, the more secure path. This is sadly a human instinct which prevents us from playing first person. We know we would probably enjoy the game way more and everything would be better, but another part is kind of forcing us to take the easy road.

My theory:

People tend to take the easy path, the more secure path. This is sadly a human instinct which prevents us from playing first person. We know we would probably enjoy the game way more and everything would be better, but another part is kind of forcing us to take the easy road.

You did not answer my question. Do YOU take the easy path and why? If not, why wont you play in 1st person servers? In my opinion if people take the easy path thats what they want and no one should not force them to take the hard path.

There is lots of games with different difficulty levels, why not in Standalone? Like i said so many times before, there will be 1st person servers and there will be servers with 3rd person on. Everyone can choose where to play and everyone wins. If players decide to go with "easy" thats the way they want to play, end of story. It would be stupid not to include 3rd person in Standalone, really really stupid. There are lots of potential players who will want to play Standalone and dont want it to be too hardcore. I cant belive you guys wont understand this? These players may have never heard of DayZ but they will eventually. So many potential players out there who will not buy the game if its too hardcore. I really hope you all understand this. And there is no problem with the views because you can play on 1st person only servers if you want.

Sorry, where was I saying anything about difficulty? I said if Rocket wants to make the game as he has been talking about for years to the point where he wants us crapping in the woods, I fail to see why he would allow easy mode in his game. Difficulties do not apply to the view either - it relates to the AI mostly.

There are no players out there who think 1st person only is too "hardcore" - since when has a view ever been reated as a difficulty level - it hasn't until these threads here where the 3rd personers were so desperate for an argument they made this one up "FPS are for hardcore players now, 3rd person is for the easy mode gamer" - what a load of tosh.

And by people you mean the small amount of players who actually vote on these polls. There should be study of how much DayZ has players at the moment and how much potential players Standalone has. With this number you can calculate how little percent of players are voting on these polls. Im 100% sure whatever this community does, suggest or complain about the views there will be 3rd person view in the game anyway and here is the reason: money. End of story.

yes because whenever anyone polls anywhere they look for the whole populace don't they. So when they ask 1000 citizens a question about who they're voting for, they're doing it wrong because they should ask the entire population of the country right?

All polls show the argument you keep touting is flawed. It has nothing to do with sales, as you keep asserting, but backing up with literally no evidence. We have several polls going too now, they're all linked in this thread. Please go take a look and then come back with some evidence supporting your case - I won't hold my breath because I don't think you have any. Rather, you're using this stupid argument to try and support your reason for wanting 3rd person. Your argument is baseless - try something else.

So if i ask a question, 1000 people answers, the result is accurate enough for 100 000 peoples opinion? I hope Dean is not that stupid.

Oh dear.... :huh:

Good attempt, but even if the poll came out with 90% saying yes, it wouldn't happen. It's just the way the SA is being made, they're trying to cater to every single person's needs. When games do that, they tend to turn out bad. It's sad to say, but I won't be buying DayZ SA for a while until I see what the server list is like. If it's just a ton of third person servers with very few first person only servers, I'm holding on to my dollars. Small things like First person only will not make people not want to buy the game, since third person is actually pretty uncommon in most major games. You usually only see third person in casual arcade-y games.

I'm buying it - not because it's good or bad but for £20 which it will probably go for, maybe less, I'm quite happy to give my money to Bis to continue supporting them.

As for the poll it was there to put an end to the argument about sales being ruined if 3rd person was taken away. The poll stands at 70% will still buy the game and I can guarantee you those 30% are just saying that on the majority and I'll tell you why.

If DayZ SA ships out as a great game then it will be all over Youtube again, showing off all the new features. I don't think anyone can intelligently argue (yes I know exactly what I did there) that the game is entirely unplayable in 3rd person and in fact from a 2st person perspective is perfectly fine just like every other 1st person only shooter out there - it's the same frikkin view.

So seeing a great game that everyone is playing but them, how many of those 30% do you think are really going to cut off their nose to spite their faces - wouldn't you have to be a complete fool to do that?

If the game sucks when it's launched, the addition of 3rd person is not going to help it. Suckass games don't get played and don't sell.

If you look at the reality with dayz commander 90% of the servers are today 3dp on and all the players are there.

I do not know which "community" you keep talking about, but for sure it is not the existing dayz player base - even Rocket acknowledged that without 3dp on servers, SA will not take off.

But by all means, keep polling about 3dp off, while the world will keep playing 3dp on...  :D

Cheers,

_Anubis_

Where did he say this and what analysis did he do to find this out?

Sorry, where was I saying anything about difficulty? I said if Rocket wants to make the game as he has been talking about for years to the point where he wants us crapping in the woods, I fail to see why he would allow easy mode in his game. Difficulties do not apply to the view either - it relates to the AI mostly.

There are no players out there who think 1st person only is too "hardcore" - since when has a view ever been reated as a difficulty level - it hasn't until these threads here where the 3rd personers were so desperate for an argument they made this one up "FPS are for hardcore players now, 3rd person is for the easy mode gamer" - what a load of tosh.

You said "His stance has always been "it's a tough game, deal with it" and if he wants to add in such a complex survival game but then give players the "option" of 3rd person - he ruins the entire game in one fell swoop.". I thought you ment it to be difficulty thing. Sorry if i misunderstood. But Wayze definetly said its a difficulty thing "the easy path", so maybe that confused me.

yes because whenever anyone polls anywhere they look for the whole populace don't they. So when they ask 1000 citizens a question about who they're voting for, they're doing it wrong because they should ask the entire population of the country right?

All polls show the argument you keep touting is flawed. It has nothing to do with sales, as you keep asserting, but backing up with literally no evidence. We have several polls going too now, they're all linked in this thread. Please go take a look and then come back with some evidence supporting your case - I won't hold my breath because I don't think you have any. Rather, you're using this stupid argument to try and support your reason for wanting 3rd person. Your argument is baseless - try something else.

My evidence is the server list. In my opinion people play in the servers that they want and thats the most accurate result you get. For the sales none of us can get it right, not even your precious poll. I rather say why disable 3rd person if there is anyway going to be 1st person only servers for those who want to play there.

I'm buying it - not because it's good or bad but for £20 which it will probably go for, maybe less, I'm quite happy to give my money to Bis to continue supporting them.

As for the poll it was there to put an end to the argument about sales being ruined if 3rd person was taken away. The poll stands at 70% will still buy the game.

So let say there is 100 000 players in Standalone (probably much more eventually) and if it costs £20 and 30% potential players wont buy it BIS loses £600 000. Why would they risk it? Why not leave 3rd person in the game and offer 1st person only servers. Much much better solution. Only thing i would add is separate hives for the two views. End of discussion.

Edited by aeinola

That list pretty much sums up everything I hate about the mod right now.  Roll on the SA....

The peeps playing on those servers are gonna be in for a bad time if they do buy the SA.  Their delicious salty tears will fuel me for months.

This is the problem with the mod as it is nowadays. It's go so diluted and control has gotten so away from BIS that it's all easy mode and PVP. When we have to survive again (and i'm not talking the ubar ridiculous 1 bean can spawning on the entire map) the game will be as it was meant to have been to begin with.

If other players are playing the game equip-in-15-minutes-and-go-pvp game then they're not Dayz'ers, they're tourists. It's meant to be a zombie apocalypse where you creep through invested towns not knowing what is around the next corner - oh that's right, hit enter problem solved.

I did not vote. I would not prescribe how to play.

I prefer first person.

Rocket should think about two different hives, one for first-person, third-person to the other.

My problem is that I find myself playing third person to quickly get the basic things after a death.

Only at a private first person server I had the feeling that the equipment was worth something on the server, because I knew that all had collected it in the first person.

For me playing on a first-person-server is only worth the half when this server is connected to third-person hive also.

Your not prescribing how others should play if you vote - you're simply answering the question "Would you buy dayz sa if it was 1st person only"

You said you would in your reply above "i prefer 1st person" but then seem to think that answering a poll is prescribing how people should play but then go on to say how you like the game to be played, thus prescribing how people should play :huh: <_<

Since its bias because only people on the forum answer it, I agree with you, partly. I then disagree with the point that I've always followed DayZ because they developed to develope, not for money. So shouldn't Rocket and Co. be developing the SA around the core community's ideas and not some kid's flawed COD logic? The core community wants a realistic hardcore zombie survival game. Lets be honest, it won't exist with third person.

I know that anyone here who played DayZ very early will know that the number of hardcore first person only servers with no crosshairs was VERY, VERY high. It decreased when private hives boomed and players got their grubby hands on the pristine DayZ server files.

The games gone full casual and is unbearable to play. If rocket releases the SA with third person on in a majority or even near a majority of servers, the DayZ SA will be the DayZ mod with a fancy new engine.

You mean the game that was all over youtube that I saw making me get it? The game that everyone wanted to play and the reason BIS sold x million extra copies of Arma2 just because of this mod? Do you mean all those people bought the game and played it in 1st person ONLY and they loved it????????????????????

HOLY FUCK CAN THIS EVEN BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL so we can dispel this argument that 3rd person will lose sales since it was the 1st person element that brought EVERYONE to the game.

I think we can close this argument now?

Jexter, please use the edit button instead of posting multiple times.

You did not answer my question. Do YOU take the easy path and why? If not, why wont you play in 1st person servers?

I answered that, it is a human instinct to take the easy path, the save path. Especially in a simulated survival scenario the human desires the feeling of safety. This is something you get by switching to first person.

Edited by Wayze

No, your example is false logic. If 95% servers is 3rd person that makes 5% servers 1st person only, right? If there is no players on them its obvious people dont want to play there. So your example should go like this: "if i put 95 glasses of different kind of soda AND 5 glasses of beer in front of you and said Choose". In this case if no one takes the beer they dont want it.

This is probably going to be wasted on you but you need to stop and think for a moment and try to understand why we use polls and why they are fairly accurate.

Your analogy above and your previous posts are also wrong. Nobody wants to play on an empty server so if most people are on 3rd person servers, that's where other people will go, to the populated servers but does that tell you what they want to play or would play or be bothered to play? No.

It simply says players go to play with other players, naturally the populated servers get populated. Btw, by your logic I can also say that most people want to play on servers that have lots of loot spawns and vehicles so they must want that too, right?

So you see how far removed the game is now from where it started right? To the point that it is simply not the same game that everyone came to play. Slight changes were made that nobody noticed but we all remember playing this for the first time over a year ago and we know what brought us here and it wasn't this

lets get this straight

people play dayz like normal 3rd person and all

youtube "idol" says its bad mkay

now everyone changes their minds and only wants first person

Yes that's it you got it right there omg you're so clever :rolleyes:

How many people here took the AS50 thermal when it was being hacked into all the servers? Why shouldn't we have them in the servers, i bet most people would play on those too so let's get rocket to just add them in as starter rifles.

i want to be forced to use the hard way by making the hard way default for all players. but i hope rocket and co. won't listen to the "community" and just do their thing.

Er actually it was certain FPV only types who suggested that FPV was related to difficulty first, if you check back through the posts... Plainly neither view actually changes the difficulty of the game in any way though.

Well, yes and no. I don't think FPV or TPV in general affect difficulty. I do however think FPV makes DayZ more difficult.

LOL so we can dispel this argument that 3rd person will lose sales since it was the 1st person element that brought EVERYONE to the game.

I think we can close this argument now?

holy reaching agruement batman..

i can assure you of all the things about Dayz that lured me in it was def. never 1st or 3rd person viewing..

• Like 1

This is probably going to be wasted on you but you need to stop and think for a moment and try to understand why we use polls and why they are fairly accurate.

I totally understand why you use polls, im just saying its not accurate enough.

Your analogy above and your previous posts are also wrong. Nobody wants to play on an empty server so if most people are on 3rd person servers, that's where other people will go, to the populated servers but does that tell you what they want to play or would play or be bothered to play? No.

So please explain to me, you guys who know that 1st person experience is more enjoyable wont go and find good 1st person server, if there is not enough players gather players through this community and go play together? Or host your own servers and do the same thing, gather all the 1st person lovers to play? I cant understand this. Why you choose to cry here and try to force everyone play your way?

Btw, by your logic I can also say that most people want to play on servers that have lots of loot spawns and vehicles so they must want that too, right?

This is correct. Why would it not be?

So you see how far removed the game is now from where it started right? To the point that it is simply not the same game that everyone came to play. Slight changes were made that nobody noticed but we all remember playing this for the first time over a year ago and we know what brought us here and it wasn't this

Yes, most servers are very different from the start of DayZ and most players populate these servers. You know why? Thats what people WANT. Im playing in servers where there is no lots of ammo/weapons and i play hero style. Yesterday i played 8 hours straight in one server only and came a cross about 20 players which about 15 was friendly when i started conversation early enough. Very similar experience than when i started this game. Sometimes i play straight PvP with my friends and im happy there is servers for that. When we have lot of options where to choose from its much better than force play only one style/settings.

Edited by aeinola

Well, yes and no. I don't think FPV or TPV in general affect difficulty. I do however think FPV makes DayZ more difficult.

Potentially I'd agree presently, with an exploitable TPV, but not fundamentally. I don't see how either view makes it harder to play the game, just give different experiences perhaps?