Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

Using the fact that 95% of servers are 3rd person therefore everyone wants third person is false logic.

If i put a pepsi, a coke and a dr pepper in front of you and said Choose - it doesn't change the fact that you may actually want a beer instead.

• Like 2

Using the fact that 95% of servers are 3rd person therefore everyone wants third person is false logic.

If i put a pepsi, a coke and a dr pepper in front of you and said Choose - it doesn't change the fact that you may actually want a beer instead.

but polls are the truth. jesus said so. In my imagination.

Polls are good, but only show a small subsection of the opinions of the folk who frequent a particular place. We have to keep that in mind.

L

• Like 1

I'd suggest, if you feel that something must be done, folks should petition for a change rather than poll.

Showing your numbers seems to be what the recent spat was about.

Drawing the attention of all the people who want 3dp removed to one paricular place would be far more likely to get the point across.

Instead of agruing over multiple threads, post links to getshitdone.com

Polls are good, but only show a small subsection of the opinions of the folk who frequent a particular place. We have to keep that in mind.

L

And? Do you need a big subsection of opinions? What for? The people who play DayZ are obviously not interested in a survival game. But the Standalone will be a survival game. Ergo, the only valid opinion for the standalone is actually for those who want a survival game, these people are also called hardcore fans, and these people did vote in the polls.

So you see, the polls actually have the most important and the biggest part of the players which really know what they want. A poll which would be voted by ever player would result in invalid opinions. All these people who enjoy those servers like "5000 AS50s per m²" are people who will very likely not enjoy the standalone. They will buy it with false expectations and just stop playing until Dean turns it into a deathmatch again.

So you see, the polls actually have the most important and the biggest part of the players which really know what they want. A poll which would be voted by ever player would result in invalid opinions. 

Hello there

This is my point.

Whilst polls are useful, they are not the be all and end all of opinion.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

This is my point.

Whilst polls are useful, they are not the be all and end all of opinion.

Rgds

LoK

Hi.

Hm, for me it sounded like "Hey, it is just 5000 people who voted, but there are more than 1 million playing so the poll is invalid".

Hello there

I cant really re iterate my point any more. But a poll here, or on Reddit or a private/public forum etc, whilst an indicator, cannot be relied on to be "total" opinion.

I'm sorry if you interpreted my post as invalidating all polls.

Rgds

LoK

As much as I love first person, I don't think you should ruin it for all the people who want third person. I think you should either A. Make third person's camera closer to the character so its like an over the shoulder type view like in GTA or B. Host an equal amount of third person and first person servers, so one or the other isn't left forced to play 1st or 3rd when they don't want to.

Edited by Plexico

L

Since its bias because only people on the forum answer it, I agree with you, partly. I then disagree with the point that I've always followed DayZ because they developed to develope, not for money. So shouldn't Rocket and Co. be developing the SA around the core community's ideas and not some kid's flawed COD logic? The core community wants a realistic hardcore zombie survival game. Lets be honest, it won't exist with third person.

I know that anyone here who played DayZ very early will know that the number of hardcore first person only servers with no crosshairs was VERY, VERY high. It decreased when private hives boomed and players got their grubby hands on the pristine DayZ server files.

The games gone full casual and is unbearable to play. If rocket releases the SA with third person on in a majority or even near a majority of servers, the DayZ SA will be the DayZ mod with a fancy new engine.

Hello there

I cant really re iterate my point any more. But a poll here, or on Reddit or a private/public forum etc, whilst an indicator, cannot be relied on to be "total" opinion.

I'm sorry if you interpreted my post as invalidating all polls.

Rgds

LoK

But it is the total opinion of the relevant fraction.

Hello there

Even though we all realise polls are not the be all and end all, that's not to say that they are not taken into consideration.

The dev team *is* aware of what goes on here and on Reddit and other forums.

Perhaps I was erring on the side of caution too much.

Polls are great, but due to the nature of any particular forum can be somewhat skewed.

Poll away!

Rgds

LoK

make third person close to your character like The Last of Us and keep 1st person.

simple.

• Like 1

Wayze. Serious question.

What do you think gives you the right to decide what constitutes a "hardcore fan", or "caring about development"?

In all the time I've been on the forum, this is probably the most active you've ever been regarding ANY topic. :P

make third person close to your character like The Last of Us and keep 1st person.

simple.

If you make it close enough to actually stop exploits, you end up staring at the back of your head.

The Last of Us, like Gears Of War, is very carefully designed to make 'tells' that someone is hiding around a corner. It also has a down but not out system to combat the idiocy of being killed by someone you didn't even know existed. Its gameplay is also much more fast paced than DayZ is, lowering the usefulness of third person's exploits. (notice how all of that also applies to Gears Of War, the only other 'big' third person shooter around)

It isn't that simple :P

Edited by Dsi1

Polls work exactly that way. Of course they aren't precise or we could spare actual voting in elections. But you ask a few and extrapolate to the many. Of course you can't ask a 1000 black folks if they think the president should be black because of bias but you can ask 1000 random people in different places and assume that the percentages are at least similar to a poll with much larger numbers.

I dont need to make example, you did it for me, thanks. So in here we make a poll for the dayz community ("hardcore fans") and get a result from 3000? players and this is the fact for all players out there? Its the same in your example, isnt it? :D LOL

Who is looking for servers to play on in in message boards?

Well, there seems to be a lot of players who want to play 1st person only servers in this message board, so i think this place would be a great place for 1st person only server "marketing". Dont ya?

What the f*ck? Don't change the subject.

You were talking about 90% using third person, so it was "right" in your opinion. But 90% (probably like 99%) of the people are actually on servers like I described. Does that mean standalone should look like that?

Here you got the evidence:

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/untitled2os84nxwg6i.png

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/untitled183kobehl2j.png

I count about 600 players from your "evidence". What about these servers: http://s7.postimg.org/r02x8faff/Day_Zero.png

There is about 500 players (and much more at primetime). Servers are pretty hardcore, well designed, good fps and guess what? POPULATED 1st person only servers!

At this point you choose note to play, you choose to cry on the forums. So sad... There is lots of good servers out there, if you dont find them with with your Commander it does not mean the servers dont exist.

I know that anyone here who played DayZ very early will know that the number of hardcore first person only servers with no crosshairs was VERY, VERY high. It decreased when private hives boomed and players got their grubby hands on the pristine DayZ server files.

you can remove your rose colored glass' now..

ive been playing dayz since it basicly hit the ground, and i have always played TPV, and mostly crosshairs.. i NEVER had a problem finding a server.

in fact i'd say the only trouble was finding a server that wasnt full dark, hahaah godam nitetime servers..8-(

all of this was done on mainhive servers..it was months and months before i ever started using private hives.

Edited by Siberian

No, your example is false logic. If 95% servers is 3rd person that makes 5% servers 1st person only, right? If there is no players on them its obvious people dont want to play there. So your example should go like this: "if i put 95 glasses of different kind of soda AND 5 glasses of beer in front of you and said Choose". In this case if no one takes the beer they dont want it.

Who is looking for servers to play on in in message boards?

There's an entire section of the forum dedicated to it.

Since you've clearly made no attempt to find a server suited to your needs (or you'd be aware of the thread in question), I don't think you've really got grounds to dictate how other folks play the game.

in fact i'd say the only trouble was finding a server that wasnt full dark, hahaah godam nitetime servers..8-(

That's another thing about to talk: nighttime...but not here.

lets get this straight

people play dayz like normal 3rd person and all

youtube "idol" says its bad mkay

now everyone changes their minds and only wants first person

NO

get your stupid restrictive ways out of here

you want a 1rst person only server?

Then Go make one.

if its really that big of a deal to you.

Id like to also note that im only involving the sheeple in this post, not the DayZ vets that love immersion.

• Like 2

L

The only good poll has a hot woman dancing around it...i know its not spelt the same way but seriously..

Edited by Wazza

Wayze. Serious question.

What do you think gives you the right to decide what constitutes a "hardcore fan", or "caring about development"?

In all the time I've been on the forum, this is probably the most active you've ever been regarding ANY topic. :P

What gives me the right to state my opinion?

Well:

Grundgesetz

I. Die Grundrechte (Art. 1 - 19)

Artikel 5

(1) Jeder hat das Recht, seine Meinung in Wort, Schrift und Bild frei zu äußern und zu verbreiten und sich aus allgemein zugänglichen Quellen ungehindert zu unterrichten. Die Pressefreiheit und die Freiheit der Berichterstattung durch Rundfunk und Film werden gewährleistet. Eine Zensur findet nicht statt.

Which means:

Basic Law

I. The Fundamental Rights (Article 1-19)

Article 5

(1) Everyone has the right to state and spread his opinion in word, writing and picture and to inform himself without hindrance from generally accessible sources. The liberty of press and the liberty of reporting by means of broadcast and film are guaranteed. Censorchip does not take place.

I count about 600 players from your "evidence". What about these servers: http://s7.postimg.org/r02x8faff/Day_Zero.png

There is about 500 players (and much more at primetime). Servers are pretty hardcore, well designed, good fps and guess what? POPULATED 1st person only servers!

At this point you choose note to play, you choose to cry on the forums. So sad... There is lots of good servers out there, if you dont find them with with your Commander it does not mean the servers dont exist.

My evidence was taken at like 4AM (GMT+2), whole europe was asleep. Anyways, Day Zero is maybe a  kind of back2theroots, but there is still a ridicilous amount of ammo, weapons, food and everything everywhere. And it is pay2win.

Secondly my DayZ Commander does not load all the servers, I don't know why but my internet crashes after loading like 1000 servers. Maybe you could also send us some screenshots right now with the most populated servers in total, including the Day Zero Mod and every other mod out there. Then check on which servers the people are mostly.

Edited by Wayze

Day Zero is maybe a  kind of back2theroots, but there is still a ridicilous amount of ammo, weapons, food and everything everywhere. And it is pay2win.

No its not. There is less ammo and weapons than basic vanilla. And its not pay2win. Why would you think that? Explain please.

Maybe you could also send us some screenshots right now with the most populated servers in total, including the Day Zero Mod and every other mod out there. Then check on which servers the people are mostly.

You can only play in one server, why do you need lots of servers that suits your needs? I play only DayZero and i basically play only in one Chernarus server and one Podagorsk server, why would i need more servers?

Edited by aeinola

You can only play in one server, why do you need lots of servers that suits your needs? I play only DayZero and i basically play only in one Chernarus server and one Podagorsk server, why would i need more servers?

That's it, I explained to you like 10 times now and others did, too. You just don't want to get it.