SmashT

Gamescom - August 2013 - Interviews/Gameplay

Some blurry footage with german commentary

Edited by R3con

stop trolling ...  (i hope)

have you ever handled a real gun? because firing pins don't break or wear down after a few days :rolleyes:

no, i'm not trolling, it's just that (by Rockets on words) there aiming at immersion. what would be more life like than being in the middle of a fire fight, and having your weapon jam? and yes, I know firing pins dont where out after 3 or 4 days, but i dont think that anyong in the history of dayz has actually put 10,000+ round downrange, also, yes, i have, and i have quite a few sat in the safe in my bedroom.

Personally, i think this is over hauled to the max. im sick of seeing footage's, clips, Public relations. I do not care if the game is in stick figure. Just release the Gdamn alpha. June, July, August. every month is a new month for them to say OOOOO we *MIGHT* release this month... What was the point of even saying that? They knew it wasn't gonna come out in June, or July yet we are passed the middle of August. No sign or sight of the alpha being released. I think their cash cow is gonna die before they even release the alpha, let alone the full game. I also think, they had better release the alpha, if not the full game before the new Consoles come out, and ESO. This is a perfect example of hype build up. Not to mention, how horrible it's all done. How many players are constantly refreshing steam, Gamecom, and other sites just to see a release date? Or to see the one site that managed to get information that alpha is out! That's pathetic. The dev team has no direction, Using words like Might, Maybe, Hopefully, *We intend*. Who the hell does that? i've never waited for a game like this before and never have been so frustrated over a release of a game. If you ever build a game in the future. Do it right, Give dates, meet those dates. i give kudos to the dev team for trying and their hardwork, that will not go unnoticed, Just stop talking out your ass's half the time.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz
  • Like 1

Hello there

As has been said before degradation is apparently in game. Through necessity it would have to be sped up somewhat. That most likely would include weapons as well.

I too would like to see ammo reloading etc. It has been bought up before, I think even by me. Whack a post in the suggestion area.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Personally, i think this is over hauled to the max. im sick of seeing footage's, clips, Public relations. I do not care if the game is in stick figure. Just release the Gdamn alpha. June, July, August. every month is a new month for them to say OOOOO we *MIGHT* release this month... What was the point of even saying that? They knew it wasn't gonna come out in June, or July yet we are passed the middle of August. No sign or sight of the alpha being released. I think their cash cow is gonna die before they even release the alpha, let alone the full game. I also think, they had better release the alpha, if not the full game before the new Consoles come out, and ESO. This is a perfect example of hype build up. Not to mention, how horrible it's all done. How many players are constantly refreshing steam, Gamecom, and other sites just to see a release date? Or to see the one site that managed to get information that alpha is out! That's pathetic. The dev team has no direction, Using words like Might, Maybe, Hopefully, *We intend*. Who the hell does that? i've never waited for a game like this before and never have been so frustrated over a release of a game. If you ever build a game in the future. Do it right, Give dates, meet those dates. i give kudos to the dev team for trying and their hardwork, that will not go unnoticed, Just stop talking out your ass's half the time.

Hello there

Why not find something else to play while you wait? It will get here when its ready, not to please the masses.

Wringing maximum profits is not the main prime mover behind the game's production.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

since I just read the Loksters post

Id like to state that degredation shouldnt mean a item is broken nessesaryily

Id like to see a "degraded" gun just have a higher chance to jam/break the firing pin

and a degraded gun would only become that way if it was not cleaned.

gear wise, Im not sure how that would work other than boots becoming worn out.

• Like 1

Some blurry footage with german commentary

oh germans and their haircuts.

• Like 1

Maybe we could get holes on our pockets and all of our syringes full of poo could fall out.

• Like 2

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/21/dayz-standalone-release-date-waiting-on-core-network-architectu/?post=1&icid=joystiq_home_latest_art

"I think the best thing that could happen is if DayZ fell off a little," said Hall. "I think if DayZ has a soft launch it's the best thing that can happen to it. Because then a few people will play it and say 'this is cool, I want to play it with my friends.' The best thing that could happen."

"If most of the community who maybe thought DayZ was cool a year ago and now they think it's lame, I think that's probably good for us. We don't need to sell that many copies to break-even. We want to be a hardcore game and I think if we make a good game people will come back."

• Like 9

Starting at 2:20: Walking inside the house / through doors doen't look very smooth

Starting at 8:10: The other player keeps sliding instead of walking / limping ..

5:55 / 8:20 / ... : Still those horrible bloom effects ...

- IMHO all the moving, running, crouching animations look worse than in ARMA 2 !

- Zombie AI still sucks

- Why can't you still not run (or move fast) on stairs?

If this build took about one year, a working and playable alpha can't be expected until 2014.

(Also i see(!) no improvement over the E3 build)

For the lazy people(TLDR):

"I am a little bitch and all I can do on the internet is complain about a game, fuck rocket and he should go die cause he owes us a billion dollars"

• Like 4

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/22/4648082/dayz-alpha-no-longer-has-a-release-window-but-closes-in-on-launch

Even though there is still alpha and beta to finish developing, Hall is already thinking about other things he might include in the retail package.

For instance, while a core concept for the game is the idea of immersive, player-directed story telling, he's thinking about hiring writers for the game.

"But that's more for 1.0," he added.

:o

@Hosty: you'r one of the true fanboys .. it's ok, go kiss rocket's ass.

i did post very little on the forums, and i only posted things i wanted to be considered / looked at DURING the development. That's why i don't just wait for the game to come out ... i want the dev's to look at some aspects i want to be better in the SA than the mod.

But now all i am seeing is that the dev's do unnecessary stuff and don't take care of the real problems / features. That's all that i am criticising.

And if rocket is not capable to do the programming himself or tells us that only few people can work the project (network bubble and shit) simultaneously, go hire some people that aren't that incompetent!

.... i know rocket doesn't owe us anything, but i like the concept of the game and i am frustrated that the devs / BI are unable to make a proper game out of it.

Edited by -Leon-

But they are :/

If you go and look at any game in pre-alpha it's not pretty, the thing is though publishers don't usually show any footage/gameplay from this early stage.  That's because people get confused and fail to understand that it will be improved upon.

After the E3 footage, everyone's toys got thrown out of the their prams "Hurr durr, this game broken man!7 months wait for this shit!".  Now people can see that it's starting to come together, too slowly for some but it's getting their regardless.  Did people honestly look at the E3 stuff and think that was it?

Do you look at this footage and think that's it?

No, of course it isn't.  Everything is a work in progress, use your imagination a bit.

• Like 5

snip

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I think the only thing I can say is that I hope what what we deliver is the game that I want to play. I believe we are going to deliver that, but I don't require you to take that on faith.

Hence, my suggestion would be that anyone with even the slightest reservations about progress opt out of ordering into the Alpha. Wait for the game reviews to come in. Wait for the Youtube videos. Wait to see what progress we make between Alpha and Beta, and then release. The methods don't matter, it's the results that count - so make your decision based on what you feel.

I can only manage the project in the way I think is best, and that may not be the correct way. But consumers have the opportunity here to make informed decisions about what stage they are comfortable financially committing to the project, so there is no rush to join in. Only those who are completely satisfied with the progress and the state should even consider opting into the Alpha.

• Like 19

But they are :/

If you go and look at any game in pre-alpha it's not pretty, the thing is though publishers don't usually show any footage/gameplay from this early stage.  That's because people get confused and fail to understand that it will be improved upon.

After the E3 footage, everyone's toys got thrown out of the their prams "Hurr durr, this game broken man!7 months wait for this shit!".  Now people can see that it's starting to come together, too slowly for some but it's getting their regardless.  Did people honestly look at the E3 stuff and think that was it?

Do you look at this footage and think that's it?

No, of course it isn't.  Everything is a work in progress, use your imagination a bit.

People have ridiculous expectations. You can tell they still have a lot of work to do. They haven't even implemented the Minecraft graficks yet! Nor have they gone over how they're going to incorporate classes and class customization. A game without "steady aim" and "lightweight" isn't a game.

EDIT: Now greedy Rocket shows up to tell us not to buy the game again. Not falling for that shit, Rocket. I'll give you my credit card number right now, I swear to god.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies
  • Like 8

warz animation quality is a massive turn off.

Edit: oops sorry radrussian1

YOuCHDF.gif

lolno ;)

On a serious note: It's good to see the game slowly coming together, and going the way I know few have gone before! :P

Just my 0.00$

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 5

"If most of the community who maybe thought DayZ was cool a year ago and now they think it's lame, I think that's probably good for us. We don't need to sell that many copies to break-even. We want to be a hardcore game and I think if we make a good game people will come back."

Erh. So you basically don't want people to buy your game? PR isn't really your strength, is it?

• Like 1

Erh. So you basically don't want people to buy your game? PR isn't really your strength, is it?

Well it's a game being made on a rather low budget compared to others. It will be focusing on survival more so than most games I've played/heard of, and as a result will push most players away anyway. There is a core group of people on the forum who will buy the alpha (Myself included) that will at least let them tip-toe to breaking even on the costs of creation. Then streamers and Youtubers will get a hold of it. Spread their videos to their thousands or millions of viewers, some of which will buy the alpha and give it a go. Therefore bringing more money in. Then later in development people who opted out of alpha may think 'Oh, this looks a lot better now. I'll give it a go now." Bringing even more money in.

The point is they WILL make their money back and then some. They don't need to make the money back whilst it's in Alpha with buckets of bugs and a limited amount of content. The finished full release of the game will see them make their money back if they hadn't already.

Basically he doesn't want 24/7 cry babies who moan on the forums and doesn't give that way any constructive critic. It's better that there are 50 dedicated people that can give constructive critic and one moaner than 50 dedicated people and 10000 cry babies covering all the constructive critic.

Making a good game, being honest, and making money, are not mutually exclusive.

I believe if I'm honest and focus completely on making a good game, people will buy my product and be more inclined to purchase the games I make in future. Any other strategy seems like bad PR and bad business to me, in the long run. Making a good product and being honest has been "good business" for far longer than the sleigh-of-hand PR tactics we've seen from some companies in more recent times.

• Like 23

Will the whole map be available in the alpha or will it be locked down to say a 1/3 whilst work is being carried out?

Edited by vandal gab

Making a good game, being honest, and making money, are not mutually exclusive.

I believe if I'm honest and focus completely on making a good game, people will buy my product and be more inclined to purchase the games I make in future. Any other strategy seems like bad PR and bad business to me, in the long run. Making a good product and being honest has been "good business" for far longer than the sleigh-of-hand PR tactics we've seen from some companies in more recent times.

I didn't want to say that game is going to be bad. The more hardcore the more enjoyable in my oppinion, and other players actually like that as well as you can see by the discussion that was brought up by the 1st vs 3rd-person-video. As long as there's going to be a good game, which isn't too easy, evolving out of it I'll not complain. There's a reason I'm sticking to DayZ since the beginning and clocked a ridiculous amount of hours on there. :blush:

Then streamers and Youtubers will get a hold of it. Spread their videos to their thousands or millions of viewers, some of which will buy the alpha and give it a go. Therefore bringing more money in. Then later in development people who opted out of alpha may think 'Oh, this looks a lot better now. I'll give it a go now." Bringing even more money in.

The actual reason streamers and YouTubers started playing DayZ and got big is because it was a hardcore-permadeath environment and they liked it, as it was something completely new. How the mod is right now is a different topic - and the SA will hopefully change that anyway. But that's the consensus anyway.

Edited by kichilron

Hardcore. Yes please

What's your thinking on 1st v 3rd Mr 2Guns ? 

:ph34r:  ninja'd

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 1