SmashT

Gamescom - August 2013 - Interviews/Gameplay

Hmm.. Dean did not claim that there is a land expansion when the interviewer asked that question. He said new towns and such areas as playable places are added. Maybe the "225" km does not include water *shrugs*

He has, on few occasions, said that the whole Arma 2 map 'Utes' was added.  While small by Chernarussian standards, it should be a big enough to have many people all over it.  I think it may just sound like gibberish when he says yoots.  Like, "Hey's all!  I added some yoots to your soup!".

Watching the 25 Minute Gameplay Video posted above a few questions for Rocket and for discussion.

- Noted Rocket said that most of the Zombies had been shot by other Players already. In the release are Zombies still going to Respawn ? As a player dies could a Zombie Spawn each time ? Would this be possible

- Looks like most Buildings are now enterable but looks like the Rooms in most Buildings are not enterable . Will most of the Rooms in Buildings be enterable later ?

- Has Rocket ever tried running in a Motorbike Helmet ? You wouldnt last more than 30 Minutes

- As the Zombie AI it has been stated by Rocket to be completely re done , would he look at Slow Moving Zombies ? I prefer Zombies to be stupid like in most films and similar to The Walking Dead. They will try to walk a direct route to any possible Food, if there is an obstacle between you and the Zombie it would walk into it, not around it. Would these idea's be considered ? Or there could be a mixture of

I think I can have a go at one of those:

Later on in development I think they're likely to add a weight system and that could be linked to fatigue.  So if your player is carrying/wearing heavy gear there will be a penalty for that.

As to your other questions I'd just be speculating tbh. although in the main cities most building now have multiple rooms and floors, the ones you're referring too I'm not sure about although I'm still constantly surprised every time I walk up to a door in a building and I can actually open it :) 

• Like 1

Noted Rocket said that most of the Zombies had been shot by other Players already. In the release are Zombies still going to Respawn ? As a player dies could a Zombie Spawn each time ? Would this be possible

Rocked said some time ago that zombies spawn in zones. If you can manage to kill all the zeds in this zone they will not respawn until there is no player in it.

For the interiors..I personally do not mind that some rooms or floors are closed but would really love to see the big industrial buildings made enterable. :)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 2

I just hope it won't be too easy.

I want dat average survival time of 6 minutes back.

And i LOVE to see that massive SS13 influence there :D

Restraining , cuffing , the text system , container sytem (including syringes and the blood system) .

I cant even remember how many times i pissed myself playing ss13 , making people slip and injecting them with LSD.

I hope this grade of trolling will be possible xD

• Like 1

As to your other questions I'd just be speculating tbh. although in the main cities most building now have multiple rooms and floors, the ones you're referring too I'm not sure about although I'm still constantly surprised every time I walk up to a door in a building and I can actually open it :)

Could you shed some light on those great big apartment buildings that were added? The ones that looks to be eight stories or so?

I'd like to know if all floors and apartments will be enterable, or if they be like the smaller red ones from vanilla Chernarus.

Could you shed some light on those great big apartment buildings that were added? The ones that looks to be eight stories or so?

I'd like to know if all floors and apartments will be enterable, or if they be like the smaller red ones from vanilla Chernarus.

No sorry :/

Currently they just have the lift shafts to the roof but I'm struggling to remember if there was talk of opening them up a bit.  I'm sure something was said but I honestly can't remember.  I'll go to my room.

I think in some areas the apartment blocks are being gutted and made to look majorly derelict.

They aren't enterable yet (well apart from the lift shaft) but they will be totally opened up.

You have probably seen the huge apartment buildings in screenshots, North of Cherno. These building are being redone from scratch and have every room in them opened up, the idea is this offers a massive looting potential, the idea is they have been gutted. They will have massive loot potential but very low percentages. 

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/138121-bikeman-june-2013-interviewlivestream-with-rocket/

They've talked about it a few times now actually but I cbf looking for the other interviews/comments.

Edited by SmashT

Shhh, you've said too much.

I jest, I just have no idea.

Edited by Fraggle

They aren't enterable yet (well apart from the lift shaft) but they will be totally opened up.

Yes!

Remember guys, the penthouse in nr. 54 has 'Planck' on the door. You can only visit if you bring booze.

Noted Rocket said that most of the Zombies had been shot by other Players already. In the release are Zombies still going to Respawn ? As a player dies could a Zombie Spawn each time ? Would this be possible

Rocked said some time ago that zombies spawn in zones. If you can manage to kill all the zeds in this zone they will not respawn until there is no player in it.

He also said that even though you could clear an area there would be a possibility of roaming zeds entering the area, possibly attracted to the sound of gunfire.

Edited by Fluxley

That reporter, she was extremely good at the game and knew everything about DayZ. I barely had to give her any instructions

You never have to instruct the experienced ones. They show you a thing or two.

I'm talking about the game of course.

• Like 4

A question just came to my mind when I saw the female character model in this video:

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/gamescom-2012,84/dayz,71592.html

Not sure if it is necessary, but will there be a special animation-set for the female model? Because it looks kind of weird how she is standing. I know this is not something that would be important for the alpha, but seeing the difference between man and female in the animation would be pretty cool later on. And I got another question regarding to the character system. Do you choose a character or is it random? And how many character models do you plan in total?

A question just came to my mind when I saw the female character model in this video:

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/gamescom-2012,84/dayz,71592.html

Not sure if it is necessary, but will there be a special animation-set for the female model? Because it looks kind of weird how she is standing. I know this is not something that would be important for the alpha, but seeing the difference between man and female in the animation would be pretty cool later on. And I got another question regarding to the character system. Do you choose a character or is it random? And how many character models do you plan in total?

I believe the female actually uses the same skeleton as the male, probably why she looks a bit tom boyish, but yeah, maybe tweaking the animations would help here.

But to be fair, if you're going to survive this far into a zombie apocalypse, male or female you're going to have to be a bit tougher than average.

Edited by Fluxley